Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare

+4
Lisa12
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Vikingwoman wrote:Nobody gets free cable. Exaggerating like Teo now? She can give up the cable.

So that others can get free shit... how very generous of you.

Vikingwoman

Hey don't mention it,wease. I'm always generous to people who deserve it.

dumpcare

Vikingwoman wrote:
ppaca wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Thank you for a cogent explanation.  It is quite different in Illinois when I talk to people about their policies......totally different, but there is a great deal of competition and apparently more choices.  I agree the evolution to Medicare is the goal, and there will be changes.  I pay so much more than some of the quotes which people post, but I choose the best plan......not by choice but by necessity.

Every state, county and situation will warrant a different response.

I spoke with a couple yesterday both 61, new premium for 2015 is $2200 per month. No subsidy because their adjusted gross is just a little over 400FPL around $68,000 for two in household. Do you think this is affordable?

Which policy is that which costs $1100 per month?

61 yr old male:
BlueOptions All Copay 1505 PPO/EPO $0 0% $3000 Gold $1,074.59 View Plan Details
BlueOptions Everyday Health 1418 PPO/EPO $800 10% $2500 Platinum $1,084.01 View Plan Details
BlueOptions All Copay 1424 PPO/EPO $0 0% $2000 Platinum $1,131.00 View Plan Details
BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier 1418V PPO/EPO $800 10% $2500 Platinum $1,185.24

dumpcare

I want some of that obama cable and internet to go with my phone.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:Apparently they feel you can afford the premiums. Maybe you should cut down on luxuries? After all, what's more important than healthcare?

Do you pay 40% of your adjusted income for healthcare?

Vikingwoman

ppaca wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
ppaca wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Thank you for a cogent explanation.  It is quite different in Illinois when I talk to people about their policies......totally different, but there is a great deal of competition and apparently more choices.  I agree the evolution to Medicare is the goal, and there will be changes.  I pay so much more than some of the quotes which people post, but I choose the best plan......not by choice but by necessity.

Every state, county and situation will warrant a different response.

I spoke with a couple yesterday both 61, new premium for 2015 is $2200 per month. No subsidy because their adjusted gross is just a little over 400FPL around $68,000 for two in household. Do you think this is affordable?

Which policy is that which costs $1100 per month?

61 yr old male:
BlueOptions All Copay 1505 PPO/EPO $0 0% $3000 Gold $1,074.59 View Plan Details
BlueOptions Everyday Health 1418 PPO/EPO $800 10% $2500 Platinum $1,084.01 View Plan Details
BlueOptions All Copay 1424 PPO/EPO $0 0% $2000 Platinum $1,131.00 View Plan Details
BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier 1418V PPO/EPO $800 10% $2500 Platinum $1,185.24

I see the problem here. These people want a gold policy at their age w/ most everything paid and low deductibles.I figured that.They can get a more reasonable policy.

dumpcare

You asked what policy costs that much, I don't believe I ever said these people had individual plans, in fact it is their group retiree benefits that is going up to $2200 per month on Jan.

Even A Silver plan would be cost prohibitive for anyone just a bit over 400% FPL and age 61.

What percent are receiving subsidy and medicaid under obamacaid?

Vikingwoman

ppaca wrote:You asked what policy costs that much, I don't believe I ever said these people had individual plans, in fact it is their group retiree benefits that is going up to $2200 per month on Jan.

Even A Silver plan would be cost prohibitive for anyone just a bit over 400% FPL and age 61.

What does that have to do w/ Obamacare? There's a silver policy for $600 on the marketplace w/ no deductible.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:What percent are receiving subsidy and medicaid under obamacaid?

I'd have no way of knowing what percent of people are receiving subsidy's, out of just my clients about 98%, but no medicaid in Florida under obamacare.

ppaca wrote:

I'd have no way of knowing what percent of people are receiving subsidy's, out of just my clients about 98%, but no medicaid in Florida under obamacare.

It would be nice if we could have full disclosure... but that would require every citizen demanding it.

I honestly don't understand a persons desire not to know... but if the other party had implemented it they would.

It's stupid.

dumpcare

Vikingwoman wrote:
ppaca wrote:You asked what policy costs that much, I don't believe I ever said these people had individual plans, in fact it is their group retiree benefits that is going up to $2200 per month on Jan.

What does that have to do w/ Obamacare? There's a silver policy for $600 on the marketplace w/ no deductible.

Yep a silver HMO with coventry and a little over 600 for blueselect, same off exchange. There are no difference in the same plan on or off unless you receive a subsidy.

Not everyone wants and HMO or blue select. I have recommended these plans to keep the cost down, but I have never been sold on either of these two model's. I have found in the past 18 years that more of the people I have dealt with if they are diagnosed with any dreaded disease or a botched surgery they will use UAB, MD Anderson in TX, Cleaveland clinic, moffett center and mayo and the only blue plan you have coverage at these venue's is a blue options. I also found many agents this past open enrollment telling people that blue select was a member of the blue card (that little suitcase on member cards) which give's you in network coverage in many U.S. Cities across the country, not so you have no out of network coverage except for an emergency and the insurance company always deems what constitute's an emergency.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:

It would be nice if we could have full disclosure... but that would require every citizen demanding it.

I honestly don't understand a persons desire not to know... but if the other party had implemented it they would.

It's stupid.

You're right. I suppose in pockets of Florida and other parts of the country a majority receiving subsidy's are democrats, but I can tell you not in the panhandle. When you sit with someone here and show them true rates and then they say "see if I can get a subsidy" then they see the govt is going to pay $400-$900 a month for their premium they say "Hell yea". It's a fact. In fact I was just reading a thread on Wear tv FB page and all the nasty remarks, I had to laugh at one against at O"Care because I know for a fact that person had a damn good subsidy and loved it. Not everyone received a good subsidy and only received under $100 and these are the single middle class with one dependent that struggle to get by. Not that the other's are not struggling, but no one that has no income or under about $12000 per year can receive anything in Florida. I have had several single mid 40's or 50's with a dependent child at home that work everyday and could not receive one dime.

114Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 10:18 pm

2seaoat

I have had several single mid 40's or 50's with a dependent child at home that work everyday and could not receive one dime.

The need for medicare for all is essential. What you have been posting rings so true. We were lucky we could leave local care and get coverage going to Moffitt. I think the folks at Moffitt and Northwestern have given me a year and a half of life I would not have had, but for my coverage which allowed me to get the best medical care. I have seen people crying in the waiting room when they took my lung out in 2008 because of non coverage and having to skip needed medications which helped this older gentleman breath. My life changed that day. As a life long republican who believed that the American health system and profit taking was the best in the World. I was sick to my stomach for a week. Two hard working middle class people not getting needed coverage in their early sixties, and the pain in his wife's tears as she kept saying he cannot breathe. We need to keep improving. We need to stop the politics of special interests and start giving a damn about Americans.

115Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 10:38 pm

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:

It's stupid.

Here just happened to be reading this article there is a chart mid way down on percentages.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/11/14/what-happens-to-insurers-if-the-supreme-court-thro.aspx

116Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 10:56 pm

Vikingwoman

The people voted for healthcare when they elected Obama. He ran on that ticket. I don't care what the repugs say now.If the supremes throw out the subsidies because a republican gov. didn't implement it. I feel sorry for the repugs in 2016.

117Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 11:02 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:The people voted for healthcare when they elected Obama. He ran on that ticket. I don't care what the repugs say now.If the supremes throw out the subsidies because a republican gov. didn't implement it. I feel sorry for the repugs in 2016.

What's wrong you gonna miss your cable TV ?

118Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 11:26 pm

Vikingwoman

Nope. But your girlfriend might miss hers. LOL!

119Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 11:29 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:Nope. But your girlfriend might miss hers. LOL!

She can come watch it with me on mine....anytime.... Cool

120Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/15/2014, 11:33 pm

ppaca wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:

It's stupid.

Here just happened to be reading this article there is a chart mid way down on percentages.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/11/14/what-happens-to-insurers-if-the-supreme-court-thro.aspx

" Roughly 5 million of the 7 million people who signed up for health care insurance through exchanges did so via healthcare.gov marketplace, and about 90% of those 5 million Americans receive subsidies."

Just a first little leak because the govt is trying to make the case for the scotus ruling. Still probably not a full disclosure.

I don't see how this can fly... it's a lead balloon. Even the medicaid expansion is dead weight for the system.

People hold it up like it's some amazing service... it isn't. It's not free... it's not magically paid for. It drives up other costs.

121Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/16/2014, 12:04 am

Vikingwoman

It is an amazing service. People have healthcare who didn't before. What don't you get about that? Why do you say such asinine things?

122Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/16/2014, 12:14 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well dreams no one is effectively showing up at your house and robbing you with threats of imprisonment to give the money to your poor lazy neighbors....fact is you are the poor lazy neighbor to those that don't get a big subsidy and are forced to pay for you.

The key word here is FORCED...I hope the Supremes flush this toilet

123Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/16/2014, 12:28 am

2seaoat

Dumb and dumber......nobody is forced to get insurance. They have a choice. Purchase insurance or pay a penalty. The penalty for somebody making 50k is $400.........your choice......

124Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/16/2014, 12:32 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:Dumb and dumber......nobody is forced to get insurance.  They have a choice.  Purchase insurance or pay a penalty.  The penalty for somebody making 50k is $400.........your choice......

OH SO THE PENALTY ISN'T FORCED.....DUMKOFF !

125Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 5 Empty Re: Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare 11/16/2014, 12:52 am

2seaoat

I can see you using this logic with a IRA. Oh the government forced me to keep my money in my account. No, you can withdraw your money at any time, but if you are below a certain age you will pay a 10% penalty......you cannot fix stupid.......The government is forcing me to keep my money in my IRA........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum