Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty

+6
knothead
boards of FL
gatorfan
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

2seaoat

Most military members join the service because of lack of opportunities elsewhere.

Agreed.   The challenge is to give every high school graduate opportunities in the private sector independent of Government employment.  Those opportunities require investments in economic growth.   Military expenditures bleed economic growth and create debt.   Some are necessary, and some are unnecessary.   We have plenty of unnecessary to cut.  It really is that simple.  Worship at the alter of war is not a rational course, and to suggest cuts should be made does not make one a liberal windbag who did not serve, but a rational person who thinks that correct policy matter.   I was a senior in high school when I got my 305 draft number and knew I was not going to be drafted into Viet Nam.  I had worked since I was 15 and had saved my tuition and room and board for my first year and a half of college.  I had options because I made my options.   I have no regrets in my choice, nor do I feel any less as a citizen because I never tried to seek deferment prior to the draft.  Sadly, the kids that did not do well in school, who did not have job opportunities in their communities, and were left without options always serve and are expendable.  However, I laugh when those who served think it bestows sainthood.   It does not.   Their service to this country is appreciated, but 1% of those were in actual combat, and when I listen to those who crow the loudest, my life experience comes to a certain conclusion.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
But no, you spineless cretins choose to throw rocks at people who decide to participate in the labor force defending your right to cry and moan about their pay.

Not a single United States military engagement in my lifetime has had even a hint of anything to do with protecting my or any American's liberties, so you can shove it, useful idiot.

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
But no, you spineless cretins choose to throw rocks at people who decide to participate in the labor force defending your right to cry and moan about their pay.

Not a single United States military engagement in my lifetime has had even a hint of anything to do with protecting my or any American's liberties, so you can shove it, useful idiot.

Pound sand freak. You don't even know how much you don't know. Nothing like an uniformed armchair quarterback making hollow pronouncements from the safety of his recliner. Do you belong to PETA too?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

I would agree with you, and I am a veteran. I served during the Cold War, when the USSR was enemy #1. When the USSR faded to the backwater after the end of the Cold War, the American Empire needed a new enemy to justify continued huge military expenditures. The world's Muslims very conveniently replaced the Communists as the new enemies of our nation.

The USSR was dangerous, but was not nearly the boogey-man our government told us it was. I suspect it is the same with the Islamic countries--even considering the attacks of 9/11.

None of the wars fought since World War II have done anything except serve to weaken America, not make it stronger.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Vikingwoman

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wow thanks for making my point . Less than 1 percent ever serve of all citizens. Now of that 1 percent maybe 10 percent ever make it to disability or retirement.

How many teat suckers do you support that are on welfare? 45 million?

We are better than most. We answered the call of our country. We served when it wasnt even cool to do so.

What happened in your life to make you the old, bitter woman you have become? Did you choose not to serve?  Yes, u did.

Cops and fireman don't run into a hail of gunfire ever like Marines are taught to do( run to the sound of a firefight ). On convoy duty I was the dude running towards the incoming Safire.

Nobody deals with the sacrifice and the suffering of the military.  We are a special breed.... Sheep dogs. We protect the flock as grotesque as that sounds to you. You are a sheep. You resent my presence, but you want me protecting you along with my fellow servicemen.

You are one resentful old woman who regrets how her life has turned out and want to take it out on everyone. SAD.

Yes, I did choose not to serve and the only reason I was choosing was for the benefits not some lame ass excuse like I was serving my country. Most everybody chooses for that reason or they can't get a job anywhere else. You think anybody believes that BS you were serving to protect your country? And FYI, my life is good. I don't know where you get I regret my life,kumquat. You have no clue about my life.

Vikingwoman

Most join the service because they're morons who can't get a job anywhere else. I would only consider joining if I went in as an officer...not enlisted. I was a military wife and I know what morons they are.

Vikingwoman

gatorfan wrote:It's not surprising that liberal windbags on here with no military (or ANY public service) experience denigrate military members who did a job the very same liberal windbags weren't/aren't capable of doing. Most military members join the service because of lack of opportunities elsewhere.

If you liberal losers want to whine about something whine about the many thousands of entitlement whores who collect millions of tax dollars for sitting on their fat asses at home raising illegitimate kids.

Or you could whine about corporate honchos drawing enormous salaries and bonuses.

There is only one other thing worth saying:

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty - Page 4 1356409870

Hey, nobody is denigrating military members just their ability to try and suck off the govt. and then call other people " entitlement whores."

Still butt hurt about getting slapped around on your own thread? You are truly pathetic denigrating vets.

2seaoat

truly pathetic denigrating vets.

If cuts are going to be applied, it is certain that retirement benefits for vets will be in the mix. I am sorry, but nobody gets a free lunch when necessary cuts are being discussed. Most will be applied in the future, but there may be delays in when a retiring military can begin drawing benefits.......certain that will be in the mix.

Vikingwoman

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Still butt hurt about getting slapped around on your own thread? You are truly pathetic denigrating vets.

I'll denigrate anybody who thinks they're more entitled than equally deserving people just because they put a uniform on. You don't deserve three checks. You don't even deserve one for denigrating your commander in chief on a regular basis. You have no loyalty.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Still butt hurt about getting slapped around on your own thread? You are truly pathetic denigrating vets.

I'll denigrate anybody who thinks they're more entitled than equally deserving people just because they put a uniform on. You don't deserve three checks. You don't even deserve one for denigrating your commander in chief on a regular basis. You have no loyalty.

Do you seriously have a problem with veterans receiving checks they legitimately earned?

2seaoat

Do you seriously have a problem with veterans receiving checks they legitimately earned?

I paid into social security since I was 15. My wife will be denied my benefits because she worked as a teacher and receives 75k retirement a year. I legitimately earned those contributions which were mine. Yet, to apply the same qualifier to veterans is somehow unfair. I do not think so. What is fair for the goose is fair for the gander. We need common sense restrictions on entitlements and veterans must be treated fairly, but they are not exempt from the cutbacks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum