Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty

+6
knothead
boards of FL
gatorfan
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Then it's easy to have your children deemed to have some learning disability and its the gift that just keeps giving.

This tactic is rampant in michigan... multiple generations are locked into this system.

Damaged Eagle wrote:Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5qoyhWPSZy3LC8GS8iFfFbrze9UdO35NAwvGaoJ8dW6zx6rWHyQ

There's at least 3 million teachers in this country, who knows how many law enforcement officers, court house workers, etc... who receive much more generous pay and benefit packages.

I think it's time we all took a close look at them and say enough is enough by putting them all on a government (military) pay scale.

I think compared to the peanuts the liberals are bitching about saving by cutting the military we'd realize hundreds of billions of dollars each year doing what I'm suggesting.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

Very Happy

I'd take military pay scale. I would make more.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

There's at least 3 million teachers in this country, who knows how many law enforcement officers, court house workers, etc... who receive much more generous pay and benefit packages.

I think it's time we all took a close look at them and say enough is enough by putting them all on a government (military) pay scale.

I think compared to the peanuts the liberals are bitching about saving by cutting the military we'd realize hundreds of billions of dollars each year doing what I'm suggesting.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

Very Happy

I'd take military pay scale. I would make more.

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw17AATDjIKQxlwjMgr1YkfA7eWi5JvSMjyjBFJEcCaWH-VA-jfA

The teachers in this area make about the same as they did when they were working which is better than the military retirement... One I know of was making more Seaoats wife makes retired.

The police chief in Omaha retired a few years ago after 30 years, he was making more than a top officer in the military when he was active, and his retirement pay was more than what he was making when actively serving the public.

Does the military pay more than 75% of your base pay nowadays when you hit thirty years active duty? When I was in that was the top percentage that you could receive in retirement.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khH9ih2XJg

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw17AATDjIKQxlwjMgr1YkfA7eWi5JvSMjyjBFJEcCaWH-VA-jfA

The teachers in this area make about the same as they did when they were working which is better than the military retirement... One I know of was making more Seaoats wife makes retired.

Smile

No way teachers are making the same as when they were working. Teachers earn 48% of their top five year average after 30 years. You can get it up to about 52.5% if you stick around five additional years beyond 30. Cops have it good though. 75% of their top five year average at 25 years. My ex's retirement at SRSO is already more than mine will be and I have either 7 to 12 years left depending on my health. Of course, WENDELL HALL hasn't given the deputies a raise for about six years. Guys just being hired are making the same as those hired in six to seven years ago.

knothead

knothead

I agree completely that 'disability' payments are out of control. Hell we have a place on a lake in KY and you cannot throw a rock without hitting someone who is on disability yet they are out during the summer on their pontoons partying like crazy . . . . the minorities constantly get hammered for their abuse yet the majority of the recipients are anything but . . . . it is pathetic but begs for reform (including veterans).

Vikingwoman

gatorfan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/30/veterans-caught-triple-dipping-on-benefits/

Hmmm?

Truly disgusting, all veterans should just be put to sleep so the country can save that money to hand over to more worthy people - like welfare entitlement whores.

For example, a single (imagine that) mother with two kids (both with different last names and no baby daddy in sight) can get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicaid, food stamps, WIC, public housing, utility assistance and free commodities (like milk and cheese)  - without having to lift a finger. The more kids the baby momma pumps out the more money she gets.

That's at least SEVEN "entitlements" available to her even though many people in this category have never paid taxes.

Yea, those slacker Vet's don't deserve a dime.

Jesus-are you living in the past or what? Ever hear of the welfare reform law in 1996? You know the one Clinton passed but Gingrich took credit for. Five years lifetime max on welfare and no more assistance for additional kids while on welfare. Oh and try buying food on 75% of your food needs. That's what food stamps pay. They haven't given out milk and cheese commodities for a long time. Try updating your learned knowledge.

Vikingwoman

knothead wrote:I agree completely that 'disability' payments are out of control.  Hell we have a place on a lake in KY and you cannot throw a rock without hitting someone who is on disability yet they are out during the summer on their pontoons partying like crazy . . . . the minorities constantly get hammered for their abuse yet the majority of the recipients are anything but . . . . it is pathetic but begs for reform (including veterans).

They recently got a disability judge and lawyer in KY. who were in cahoots. They put a whole county there on disability payments.

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:Then it's easy to have your children deemed to have some learning disability and its the gift that just keeps giving.

This tactic is rampant in michigan... multiple generations are locked into this system.

That's really untrue.You don't get a check for a learning disability.Folklore. You have to have a psychiatric diagnosis on Axis I first.

2seaoat

Military cuts will be made. Mark my word the pensions will be reviewed both as to when a person can begin collecting retirement benefits, and double and triple dipping. I would say my certainty on this issue is at 90%. Weapon system procurements will be cut, but staffing levels and the cost of health care and pension benefits are the gift which keeps on impacting the budget for a generation after the deployment. Much like government pensions and benefits, when those retired take such a large bite out of the operating expenses of that governmental unit, they cannot maintain current services. Nothing anti veteran here, and certainly existing vested retirement benefits will not be touched, but a new recruit is going to have a different benefit package than the guy about to retire.

Military cuts have already been made. There's no more to be cut unless you want to degrade ability to function.

And again it's not triple dipping

gatorfan

Vikingwoman wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/30/veterans-caught-triple-dipping-on-benefits/

Hmmm?

Truly disgusting, all veterans should just be put to sleep so the country can save that money to hand over to more worthy people - like welfare entitlement whores.

For example, a single (imagine that) mother with two kids (both with different last names and no baby daddy in sight) can get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicaid, food stamps, WIC, public housing, utility assistance and free commodities (like milk and cheese)  - without having to lift a finger. The more kids the baby momma pumps out the more money she gets.

That's at least SEVEN "entitlements" available to her even though many people in this category have never paid taxes.

Jesus-are you living in the past or what? Ever hear of the welfare reform law in 1996? You know the one Clinton passed but Gingrich took credit for. Five years lifetime max on welfare and no more assistance for additional kids while on welfare. Oh and try buying food on 75% of your food needs. That's what food stamps pay. They haven't given out milk and cheese commodities for a long time. Try updating your learned knowledge.

Your "learned knowledge" needs updating. The law you THINK you know so much about applies to Federal money only. States can and do extend/modify benefits using their own money.

"Under the old AFDC system, many welfare recipients seemed trapped in almost permanent dependency on government aid. To combat this, welfare reform established time limits to prevent welfare from becoming a way of life. PRWORA set a federal limit of five years, but allowed states to set shorter time limits if they wished.

While this sounds fairly strict, it was undercut somewhat because states were allowed to exempt up to 20 percent of their caseloads from time limits, and were also allowed to use their own funds to continue benefits for families that exceeded the federal five-year time limit. In addition, so-called "children only" cases, where the child is eligible for welfare benefits, but the adult parent is not, are not subject to federal time limits. Children-only cases account for almost half of the total TANF caseload."

2seaoat

Another false equivalency. The question is should Military pensions be revisited with the goal being to lower costs in the FUTURE. The answer is yes. Now, if the question is should welfare benefits be revisited with the goal being to lower cost in the Future, the answer is yes.

The military paradigm of WWI and WWII type of massive commitment of assets and drain on the GDP ignores the fact that the most powerful economies always have the most powerful military. That military asset which is now being given to a local police department is like dropping 500k into the ocean for a reef. If those same revenues had been invested in tax credits for production, and two new CNC machines boosted American productivity, our economy would be getting stronger and our military would get stronger as our economy grew. The time for military cuts is past due. The time to change the paradigm is past due. In this process military pensions will be reviewed as to when a person is eligible to begin receiving payments, and income thresholds which restrict multiple pension benefits.

Totally in lalaland where the military is concerned Seabass. The military bore the brunt of sequestration where not another budget entity was cut a dollar. There is no more to cut unless you want a Banana Republic military incapable of defending American interests across the world. Unfortunately, we have broad interests that require a strong American military presence. Only a bozo who wants to stick their head in the sand fails to recognize that. Very naïve of you. Of course, it follows the mindset of the COWH 100%. He is just as naïve as you.

Once you gut the military retirement system, good luck finding anyone who will be willing to serve. Regardless, you are stuck with what you owe my generation and others who sacrificed more than you can fathom.

2seaoat

There is no more to cut

It is not me who is in LaLa land if you believe there is no more to cut. I could see 15-20% cuts over the next 20 years with great reductions in personnel and base closings. You call yourself a Republican, but you sound like a spend spend spend democrat, which you constantly find fault.

In regard to those who volunteer for the service no longer choosing to serve, it will not be a problem until after we have cut the military spending and invest in America which will create private sector jobs. When a young person has choices in regard to employment and their future, there will be competition, but currently there is no competition and young people are often left with no alternative but to join. Growing our GDP and investing in America is the answer, and shrinking the military is one small part of that answer.

gatorfan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Totally in lalaland where the military is concerned Seabass. The military bore the brunt of sequestration where not another budget entity was cut a dollar. There is no more to cut unless you want a Banana Republic military incapable of defending American interests across the world. Unfortunately, we have broad interests that require a strong American military presence. Only a bozo who wants to stick their head in the sand fails to recognize that. Very naïve of you. Of course, it follows the mindset of the COWH 100%. He is just as naïve as you.

Once you gut the military retirement system, good luck finding anyone who will be willing to serve. Regardless, you are stuck with what you owe my generation and others who sacrificed more than you can fathom.

Cuts to the military have to happen, the problem is the people in the military are the easiest target. The military continues to fund shiny toys like the ridiculously expensive F-35 program and LCS's when those systems are not really needed in this current environment. Look at the newest carrier - the Ford was funded and started being built BEFORE it's systems like the new catapult were even developed. Stupid.

Vikingwoman

gatorfan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Hmmm?

Your "learned knowledge" needs updating. The law you THINK you know so much about applies to Federal money only. States can and do extend/modify benefits using their own money.

"Under the old AFDC system, many welfare recipients seemed trapped in almost permanent dependency on government aid. To combat this, welfare reform established time limits to prevent welfare from becoming a way of life. PRWORA set a federal limit of five years, but allowed states to set shorter time limits if they wished.

While this sounds fairly strict, it was undercut somewhat because states were allowed to exempt up to 20 percent of their caseloads from time limits, and were also allowed to use their own funds to continue benefits for families that exceeded the federal five-year time limit. In addition, so-called "children only" cases, where the child is eligible for welfare benefits, but the adult parent is not, are not subject to federal time limits. Children-only cases account for almost half of the total TANF caseload."

Oh wow! You found info where 20% were time exempted. So 80% of what you wrote was bullshit,right?

gatorfan

Vikingwoman wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

Hmmm?

Oh wow! You found info where 20% were time exempted. So 80% of what you wrote was bullshit,right?

Read it again in it's entirety if you are capable and see if you can figure out the whole story - you will find that 100% of what you wrote is bullshit, right?

Vikingwoman

Not hardly. You proved my point w/ your own postings, Einstein.

gatorfan

Vikingwoman wrote:Not hardly. You proved my point w/ your own postings, Einstein.

You enjoy being an uniformed hypocrite I guess. WGAS.

Vikingwoman

LOL! When you post BS on this forum you get slapped down. Try to keep up. Smile

gatorfan

Vikingwoman wrote:LOL! When you post BS on this forum you get slapped down. Try to keep up. Smile

Oh is that what it was? How childish, try to grow up.

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:There is no more to cut

It is not me who is in LaLa land if you believe there is no more to cut. I could see 15-20% cuts over the next 20 years with great reductions in personnel and base closings. You call yourself a Republican, but you sound like a spend spend spend democrat, which you constantly find fault.

In regard to those who volunteer for the service no longer choosing to serve, it will not be a problem until after we have cut the military spending and invest in America which will create private sector jobs. When a young person has choices in regard to employment and their future, there will be competition, but currently there is no competition and young people are often left with no alternative but to join. Growing our GDP and investing in America is the answer, and shrinking the military is one small part of that answer.

Less than 1 in 10 young people today even qualify physically for the military. It's getting harder for recruiters to meet quotas and do so now just because of the cuts.

The military is just ONE part of the pie. There has to be some real reform with Social Security and other giveaways. At least vets earned their entitlements through sacrifice. How many illegals getting free healthcare and food stamps can say that? In Mexico one day and the next on welfare here having never contributed one iota.

KarlRove

KarlRove

gatorfan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Totally in lalaland where the military is concerned Seabass. The military bore the brunt of sequestration where not another budget entity was cut a dollar. There is no more to cut unless you want a Banana Republic military incapable of defending American interests across the world. Unfortunately, we have broad interests that require a strong American military presence. Only a bozo who wants to stick their head in the sand fails to recognize that. Very naïve of you. Of course, it follows the mindset of the COWH 100%. He is just as naïve as you.

Cuts to the military have to happen, the problem is the people in the military are the easiest target. The military continues to fund shiny toys like the ridiculously expensive F-35 program and LCS's when those systems are not really needed in this current environment. Look at the newest carrier - the Ford was funded and started being built BEFORE it's systems like the new catapult were even developed. Stupid.

F-35 and LCS have subcontractors in all 48 contiguous states. There's no way Congress cuts it. Whomever came up with spreading out the work that way was smart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum