Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty

+6
knothead
boards of FL
gatorfan
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/30/veterans-caught-triple-dipping-on-benefits/

Hmmm?

Truly disgusting, all veterans should just be put to sleep so the country can save that money to hand over to more worthy people - like welfare entitlement whores.

For example, a single (imagine that) mother with two kids (both with different last names and no baby daddy in sight) can get Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicaid, food stamps, WIC, public housing, utility assistance and free commodities (like milk and cheese)  - without having to lift a finger. The more kids the baby momma pumps out the more money she gets.

That's at least SEVEN "entitlements" available to her even though many people in this category have never paid taxes.

Yea, those slacker Vet's don't deserve a dime.

Jesus-are you living in the past or what? Ever hear of the welfare reform law in 1996? You know the one Clinton passed but Gingrich took credit for. Five years lifetime max on welfare and no more assistance for additional kids while on welfare. Oh and try buying food on 75% of your food needs. That's what food stamps pay. They haven't given out milk and cheese commodities for a long time. Try updating your learned knowledge.

Obama gutted that!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-obama-has-gutted-welfore-reform/2012/09/06/885b0092-f835-11e1-8b93-c4f4ab1c8d13_story.html

dumpcare

KarlRove wrote:
2seaoat wrote:There is no more to cut

It is not me who is in LaLa land if you believe there is no more to cut.  I could see 15-20% cuts over the next 20 years with great reductions in personnel and base closings.  You call yourself a Republican, but you sound like a spend spend spend democrat, which you constantly find fault.

In regard to those who volunteer for the service no longer choosing to serve, it will not be a problem until after we have cut the military spending and invest in America which will create private sector jobs.   When a young person has choices in regard to employment and their future, there will be competition, but currently there is no competition and young people are often left with no alternative but to join.   Growing our GDP and investing in America is the answer, and shrinking the military is one small part of that answer.

Less than 1 in 10 young people today even qualify physically for the military.  It's getting harder for recruiters to meet quotas and do so now just because of the cuts.

The military is just ONE part of the pie. There has to be some real reform with Social Security and other giveaways. At least vets earned their entitlements through sacrifice. How many illegals getting free healthcare and food stamps can say that? In Mexico one day and the next on welfare here having never contributed one iota.

If you earn it, it is not an entitlement. I paid into social security all my life and my checks are not an entitlement. Now if you're talking about ssdi then yes there needs a lot of reform there.

Vikingwoman

KarlRove wrote:
2seaoat wrote:There is no more to cut

It is not me who is in LaLa land if you believe there is no more to cut.  I could see 15-20% cuts over the next 20 years with great reductions in personnel and base closings.  You call yourself a Republican, but you sound like a spend spend spend democrat, which you constantly find fault.

In regard to those who volunteer for the service no longer choosing to serve, it will not be a problem until after we have cut the military spending and invest in America which will create private sector jobs.   When a young person has choices in regard to employment and their future, there will be competition, but currently there is no competition and young people are often left with no alternative but to join.   Growing our GDP and investing in America is the answer, and shrinking the military is one small part of that answer.

Less than 1 in 10 young people today even qualify physically for the military.  It's getting harder for recruiters to meet quotas and do so now just because of the cuts.

The military is just ONE part of the pie. There has to be some real reform with Social Security and other giveaways. At least vets earned their entitlements through sacrifice. How many illegals getting free healthcare and food stamps can say that? In Mexico one day and the next on welfare here having never contributed one iota.

You must be an American citizen for the umteenth time to get food stamps and welfare.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Once again......
Just because illegal aliens are not legally entitled to these benefits does not mean they do not apply for them. Yes. It is true that illegal aliens have received grants, professional accreditations, loans, WIC, disability, public housing, college educations, food stamps, unemployment benefits, and tax credits from state and federal agencies.

How do they do it? Anchor babies,.over-staying a visa, and forged documents.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/why-is-it-that-illegal-aliens-get-free-food-stamps-health-insurance-and-pay-no-taxes/

Didn't obama have some relatives here illegally that received benefits?

Gawd... you'ld think he'd have redistributed some of his own wealth for them. Lol... what was I thinking.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:Once again......
Just because illegal aliens are not legally entitled to these benefits does not mean they do not apply for them. Yes. It is true that illegal aliens have received grants, professional accreditations, loans, WIC, disability, public housing, college educations, food stamps, unemployment benefits, and tax credits from state and federal agencies.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/why-is-it-that-illegal-aliens-get-free-food-stamps-health-insurance-and-pay-no-taxes/

And they were all American citizens...not illegals. Once again...you cannot get benefits legally if you are not a citizen. We're not talking about forged documents or fraud. Very few get away w/ that.

PkrBum wrote:Didn't obama have some relatives here illegally that received benefits?

Gawd... you'ld think he'd have redistributed some of his own wealth for them. Lol... what was I thinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeituni_Onyango

dumpcare

So some on hear are saying that someone who spent 20 years in the military and exposed to the following and has medical problems:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/world/middleeast/-more-than-600-reported-chemical-weapons-exposure-in-iraq-pentagon-acknowledges.html?_r=0

And when being discharged works for 20 years paying into social security

SHOULD NOT RECEIVE VA DISABILITY CHECKS, SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS AND A RETIREMENT CHECK?

WHY?

First they served and retired, second medical conditions while serving and 3rd manage to work 20 more years with medical conditions.

As John Stossel would say and I will add a word: Give me a f--king break.

Last edited by ppaca on 11/7/2014, 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

ppaca wrote:So some on hear are saying that someone who spent 20 years in the military and exposed to the following and has medical problems:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/world/middleeast/-more-than-600-reported-chemical-weapons-exposure-in-iraq-pentagon-acknowledges.html?_r=0

SHOULD NOT RECEIVE VA DISABILITY CHECKS, SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS AND A RETIREMENT CHECK?

WHY?

First they served and retired, second medical conditions while serving and 3rd manage to work 20 more years with medical conditions.

As John Stossel would say and I will add a word: Give me a fucking break.

If they take all the illegals off their benefits and didn't hand out ssdi like it was candy the government could afford the above for the veteran.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Once again......

And they were all American citizens...not illegals.
Once again...you cannot get benefits legally if you are not a citizen. We're not talking about forged documents or fraud. Very few get away w/ that.

Who are American citizens.....the ones over- staying a visa or the ones with forged documents?

Now once again for the hard-headed. Illegals tap into government hsadouts. I did notice you slipped in the word legally in your last response and you are correct......legally they are not suppose to get handouts but.........They Do!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Didn't obama have some relatives here illegally that received benefits?

He also has an uncle who refused to leave.

President Barack Obama’s Kenyan-born uncle, who ignored a deportation order more than two decades ago, was granted permission to stay in the U.S. on Tuesday.
Judge Leonard Shapiro made the decision after Onyango Obama, 69, testified that he had lived in the U.S. for 50 years, been a hard worker, paid income tax and been arrested only once.
Asked about his family in the U.S. on Tuesday, he said, “I do have a nephew.” Asked to name the nephew, he said, “Barack Obama, he’s the president of the United States.”
Onyango Obama, the half brother of the president’s late father, has lived in the U.S. since the 1960s. He was ordered to leave the country in 1992, but remained.

Vikingwoman

ppaca wrote:
ppaca wrote:So some on hear are saying that someone who spent 20 years in the military and exposed to the following and has medical problems:

WHY?

If they take all the illegals off their benefits and didn't hand out ssdi like it was candy the government could afford the above for the veteran.

No they should not receive two disability checks and for Christs sake illegals are not eligible for benefits!

Now if you want to talk about fraud and corruption then include all damn races not just illegals.

Vikingwoman

WHY?

Fine they can get one or the other. Just like anybody else who serves as military or civilian. You seem to think just because you served you're entitled to the world while other people who had just as dangerous jobs don't get that? Give me a fucking break! Who the hell do you people think you are?

Vikingwoman

PkrBum wrote:

So damn what! Just because you're related to somebody you're responsible for them? Christ almighty! I've got so many relatives I couldn't tell you what they do or really care about the ones I haven't seen in 40 years. You people are incredibly ridiculous!

Vikingwoman wrote:

Fine they can get one or the other. Just like anybody else who serves as military or civilian. You seem to think just because you served you're entitled to the world while other people who had just as dangerous jobs don't get that? Give me a fucking break! Who the hell do you people think you are?

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS75Aqi-QICAzSwMbVvpm-j4NXW4nIxpnuZfmcd2WICXO0sQ0mh1A

The way military disability works is that they look at you and if they determine that you are 20% disabled they take 20% of the money you should receive as retirement and they give it back to you tax free.

If you consider that an extra check for disability then you are mistaken. The money was already owed me it is now simply tax free.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Vikingwoman wrote:

WHY?

We are the one's who made sure you have the right to act stupidly here on this forum and not be censored. That is who we are.

Like Damaged Eagle said, we aren't triple dipping, but we are getting a percentage of our retirement tax free. If we could ever get the Congress to pass "concurrent receipt" we would be well taken care of...

I didn't see you in Iraq on convoy duty with me FT and Vikingwoman. I didn't see you at BIAP or BALAD. I never saw you fly in to BIAP getting shot at by MANPADS.

Vikingwoman

Oh get real man! Police and fire people do that everyday! Did you not read the article?

"About 3 percent of military retirees collect all three benefits right now, GAO investigators said. Most of them have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or higher, though just 17 percent of the disabilities are combat-related."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/30/veterans-caught-triple-dipping-on-benefits/#ixzz3IM6Ws61D
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

17 % are combat related. I don't begrudge those people however, the rest are no better than anyone else who has a dangerous job. You're trying to justify the govt. freebies you so disdain in other people and it's totally absurd.

Wow thanks for making my point . Less than 1 percent ever serve of all citizens. Now of that 1 percent maybe 10 percent ever make it to disability or retirement.

How many teat suckers do you support that are on welfare? 45 million?

We are better than most. We answered the call of our country. We served when it wasnt even cool to do so.

What happened in your life to make you the old, bitter woman you have become? Did you choose not to serve? Yes, u did.

Cops and fireman don't run into a hail of gunfire ever like Marines are taught to do( run to the sound of a firefight ). On convoy duty I was the dude running towards the incoming Safire.

Nobody deals with the sacrifice and the suffering of the military. We are a special breed.... Sheep dogs. We protect the flock as grotesque as that sounds to you. You are a sheep. You resent my presence, but you want me protecting you along with my fellow servicemen.

You are one resentful old woman who regrets how her life has turned out and want to take it out on everyone. SAD.

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wow thanks for making my point . Less than 1 percent ever serve of all citizens. Now of that 1 percent maybe 10 percent ever make it to disability or retirement.

We are better than most. We answered the call of our country. We served when it wasnt even cool to do so.

What happened in your life to make you the old, bitter woman you have become? Did you choose not to serve?  Yes, u did.

Cops and fireman don't run into a hail of gunfire ever like Marines are taught to do( run to the sound of a firefight ). On convoy duty I was the dude running towards the incoming Safire.

Nobody deals with the sacrifice and the suffering of the military.  We are a special breed.... Sheep dogs. We protect the flock as grotesque as that sounds to you. You are a sheep. You resent my presence, but you want me protecting you along with my fellow servicemen.

You are one resentful old woman who regrets how her life has turned out and want to take it out on everyone. SAD.

The military is an honorable and necessary element of our nation but to elevate it above of others who also serve in 'risky business' is nonsense. It is that mental attitude of 'I'm special' that feeds into your own sense of entitlement of benefits . . . . . I have said before 'Thank You For Your Service" but please come down from the mount and quit watching too many movies like A Few Good Men . . . . . you are not Col. Jessep!!!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wow thanks for making my point . Less than 1 percent ever serve of all citizens. Now of that 1 percent maybe 10 percent ever make it to disability or retirement.

What happened in your life to make you the old, bitter woman you have become? Did you choose not to serve?  Yes, u did.

Nobody deals with the sacrifice and the suffering of the military.  We are a special breed.... Sheep dogs. We protect the flock as grotesque as that sounds to you. You are a sheep. You resent my presence, but you want me protecting you along with my fellow servicemen.

The military is an honorable and necessary element of our nation but to elevate it above of others who also serve in 'risky business' is nonsense.  It is that mental attitude of 'I'm special' that feeds into your own sense of entitlement of benefits . . . . . I have said before 'Thank You For Your Service" but please come down from the mount and quit watching too many movies like A Few Good Men . . . . . you are not Col. Jessep!!!

What other "risky business" employees deploy for years into combat zones, up-root their families and move every several years, have no say in where they go? They chose to serve and that IS special. Col. Jessep was court marshalled.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:They chose to serve and that IS special.

Let's be clear ....

.... almost all modern U.S. military engagements have been undertaken in large part for their profit potential.

Choosing to serve under those circumstances isn't "special" or noble, it's misguided at best.

The unquestioning military worship that goes on in this country is cancerous, and only serves to sanction the blood lust of the MIC.

Lots of haters here. Guess what haters.... Keep paying and hating that you have to pay and Sal, military
Members don't get to pick and choose the war they want to be in "profitable or not", you sign and take the oath you belong to Uncle Sam". There's no running off unless you want to get incarcerated. But for a punk like yourself, I'm sure you would run out on any commitment.

Sal

Sal

I choose not to participate in fool's errands, PeeDawg.

I've got better things to do.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:I choose not to participate in fool's errands, PeeDawg.

I've got better things to do.

Really.....you must be a busy man.

gatorfan

It's not surprising that liberal windbags on here with no military (or ANY public service) experience denigrate military members who did a job the very same liberal windbags weren't/aren't capable of doing. Most military members join the service because of lack of opportunities elsewhere.

If you liberal losers want to whine about something whine about the many thousands of entitlement whores who collect millions of tax dollars for sitting on their fat asses at home raising illegitimate kids.

Or you could whine about corporate honchos drawing enormous salaries and bonuses.

But no, you spineless cretins choose to throw rocks at people who decide to participate in the labor force defending your right to cry and moan about their pay.

There is only one other thing worth saying:

Thousands of veterans triple dipping on disabilty - Page 3 1356409870

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum