Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supreme Court Decision on Hobby Lobby birth control position

+9
dumpcare
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan
gatorfan
Sal
Wordslinger
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Fail on your part, they sure the hell can direct where those funds are going. What you're saying is they want their investment's to grow and don't want to know where the person handling their pension fund is putting their money. That's utter bullshit.

Do you really want to boast that you've never invested in a mutual fund? That you know nothing about them?

That's okay, not surprising.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Do you boycott religious affiliated hospitals? How about insurance companies that only provide coverage at a, let's say a Catholic hospital.

I don't want my taxes to pay for drone programs that kill civilians.

It goes against my deeply held religious convictions.

Where's my SCOTUS exemption?

You just love humiliating yourself don't you? Hobby Lobby pays taxes.

I heard today that the Progressives were going ballistic with all sorts of outrageous fantasies about this decision but I had no idea they were totally in a parallel universe.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Simplify it.....4 drugs, only 4 drugs are excluded....not 20 contraceptives only 4.  Sixteen contraceptives are covered.

It's arbitrary and based on subjective religious beliefs which makes for a bad ruling.

Please explain how the decision is arbitrary and subjective. For a change, please be specific.

ar·bi·trar·y [ahr-bi-trer-ee] Show IPA

adjective
1. subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.

2. decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute.

3. having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical: an arbitrary government.

4. capricious; unreasonable; unsupported: an arbitrary demand for payment.

Wrong there Sal, obviously the decision is not arbitrary.

sub·jec·tive [suhb-jek-tiv] Show IPA

adjective

1. existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective ).

2. pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.

3. placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.

4. Philosophy . relating to or of the nature of an object as it is known in the mind as distinct from a thing in itself.

5. relating to properties or specific conditions of the mind as distinguished from general or universal experience.

Sorry Sal...not subjective either.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

Hobby Lobby pays taxes.

So do I, dumbass.

People are people, my friend.

Apparently, we are now free to pick and choose what we will pay for according to our "deeply held religious beliefs".

It's unfortunate that a small group of people SHOVED Obamacare down everyone's throats. Had those twerps not done that in 2010, we would not be having this discussion. Maybe if they would have taken the time to actually READ what was written, a fair law might have been put forth, but that did not happen and now we are all having to deal with the consequences. I wish it would have never passed at all. It's another one of the items that this admin has used to divide the country. Bush was the "decider" as you liberals say, well, Obama has been the "divider."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
A corporation cannot have religious beliefs.  

Typical for Floridatexan, foolish statements with no thought.

A church is a corporation, a non-profit corporation.  Does a church NOT have religious beliefs?

Supreme Court Decision on Hobby Lobby birth control position - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNXRxhlg-UfCcMQ8alPQbzmFZnqV4W3uXlwiksfmlz1D-dpwMh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum