Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hobby Lobby offered birth control coverage prior to filing their politically motivated suit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jul/01/sally-kohn/did-hobby-lobby-once-provide-birth-control-coverag/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

"Coverage of these drugs was not included knowingly or deliberately by the Green family. Such coverage is out of step with the rest of the Hobby Lobby’s policies, which explicitly exclude abortion-causing contraceptive devices and pregnancy-terminating drugs," the company stated in its court filing.

Of note, company leaders do not have religious problems with other forms of birth control, such as the pill, condoms, diaphragms and sterilization, according to the family’s legal representation, the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty.

boards of FL wrote:http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jul/01/sally-kohn/did-hobby-lobby-once-provide-birth-control-coverag/

They currently provide 16 forms of birth control. They argued against abortion pills (4 types) that the COWH believes should be included in an insurance policy.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jul/01/sally-kohn/did-hobby-lobby-once-provide-birth-control-coverag/

And, as you know, they STILL provide birth control coverage. Why go out of your way to post things that are obviously and known to be misleading?

As you know too, Politifact is publshed by the Tampa Bay Times a far left newspaper. The same editor and writers are on the staff of Politifact as the Tampa paper. Relying on them is like relying on the DailyKOS.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I think you all are missing the point.  They used to provide the specific types of contraception that they are now seeking religious exemption from.  It wasn't until after the passage of Obamacare that they lawyered up, dropped the coverage, and claimed religious persecution.  

I will never patronize this establishment.  May they go out of business.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

["Coverage of these drugs was not included knowingly or deliberately by the Green family. Such coverage is out of step with the rest of the Hobby Lobby’s policies, which explicitly exclude abortion-causing contraceptive devices and pregnancy-terminating drugs," b]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:I think you all are missing the point.  They used to provide the specific types of contraception that they are now seeking religious exemption from.  It wasn't until after the passage of Obamacare that they lawyered up, dropped the coverage, and claimed religious persecution.  

I will never patronize this establishment.  May they go out of business.

Yeah I don't patronize Chinese restaurants that serve cat....I hope.

Hobby Lobby offered birth control coverage prior to filing their politically motivated suit The-kit-cat-dish-was-nice-though-but-have-you-seen-my-cat_o_2996395

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum