Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religion and Politics, Really?

+4
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
gatorfan
othershoe1030
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Whenever I see a liberal saying remove all religion from schools, I know they only men remove any hint of Christianity from schools.

Because we can see where Christians have been blocked so many times by activist but are allowing islamist right after right in our schools.

example, cant pray at graduation, but we will install foot basins in the rest rooms at the tax payers expense.

by Bob Today at 5:13 pm
pacedog wrote:

This says you are FOS Bob. None of the guys that did 9-11 were Iranian.

And none of them were Iraqis either.

I was responding to your statement. You said "we are fighting Muslims because they brought the battle to our shores, not vice versa".

You made the statement that 9/11 was the start of this. But it wasn't.
Our government had been fucking over the muslim countries in the middle east for the entire 50 years prior to 9/11.
Osama Bin Laden told us why he wanted to attack New York. It was because our government had bombed Beirut and taken the side of a Christian regime against muslims in Lebanon many years before that.
----
Did you go to Beirut ? We were between the Muslms and Christians and saved the PLO from annihilation by the IDF.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote: We were between the Muslims and Christians

I rest my case.

If you want to be "between" religious civil wars then by all means relocate over there and join the christian or muslim armies at your own expense. But the rest of us are tired of our government wasting our resources on that shit.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:"God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the Towers, but after the situation became unbearable—and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon—I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed—when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way: to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women."

-- Osama Bin Laden,  2004

Yes, you are absolutely right, Bob. We have been messing in their internal politics for decades. It blew my mind to hear Americans exclaim in total disbelief upon seeing the towers go down: "My God! What have we ever done to them?!" meaning Al Qaeda. Complete denial of our country's history, unbelievable.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Othershoe,

We are fighting Muslims because they brought the battle to our shores, not vice versa and in my seven trips across the pond to partake in the GWOT, there have been plenty of atheists putting foot in Muslim arse as well. As for drones, PM me and I can tell you al you want about it. That's what I retained into during 2012-13.

The thread is drifting. This is not about why we are fighting the Muslims but rather whether it is a positive/good thing to intertwine religion and politics.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:

We are fighting Muslims because they brought the battle to our shores, not vice versa and in my seven trips across the pond to partake in the GWOT, there have been plenty of atheists putting foot in Muslim arse as well. As for drones, PM me and I can tell you al you want about it. That's what I retained into during 2012-13.

The thread is drifting. This is not about why we are fighting the Muslims but rather whether it is a positive/good thing to intertwine religion and politics.

The result of intertwining religion and politics is the United States of America. The greatest country the world has ever seen.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Ti wrote:Whenever I see a liberal saying remove all religion from schools, I know they only men remove any hint of Christianity from schools.

Because we can see where Christians have been blocked so many times by activist but are allowing islamist right after right in our schools.

example, cant pray at graduation, but we will install foot basins in the rest rooms at the tax payers expense.

I suppose you have a ready example of where such foot basins have been installed? My position on that is this: if the parents/students feel the need for foot basins at school then they need to send their kids to a private religious school where such things might be provided otherwise leave the public schools alone.

It may not seem as dangerous to us, being mainly Christian here, to have Christian prayers in school but one thing leads to another and consistency is needed in order for fairness to be perceived. No Christian prayers, no Hindu prayers, etc. No organized religion in public schools.

Dang it. (No, I should say: dammit like Joanie, that's so cute. it's like a kid stomping their foot while saying it, cracks me up every time).

The thread drifts yet again. The question is not prayer/religion in school but religion in POLITICS, how dangerous that is or wonderful depending on your point of view. I say nothing but grief comes of mixing religion and politics. If you disagree, show examples where this has worked out well for everyone over a substantial period of time. I don't think you can.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

The result of intertwining religion and politics is the United States of America.  The greatest country the world has ever seen.

Examples please.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ti wrote:Whenever I see a liberal saying remove all religion from schools, I know they only men remove any hint of Christianity from schools.

You've nailed me. I hate christians and want them banned. But I love muslims and want sharia law.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:

You've nailed me.  I hate christians and want them banned.  But I love muslims and want sharia law.
Sharia law, perfect example of the SNAFU that results from mixing religion and politics!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The fact that something called "sharia law" even exists in this world should be enough to convince anyone that government and religion should always stay separated.

If it wasn't for that First Amendment we would be ruled by religion in this country.  I guarantee you that.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:The fact that something called "sharia law" even exists in this world should be enough to convince anyone that government and religion should always stay separated.

If it wasn't for that First Amendment we would be ruled by religion in this country.  I guarantee you that.

I do believe the Founding Fathers had that in mind when they added this to the Constitution:

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_religious_test_clause

38Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 10:39 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

John Adams – Our Constitution Was Made Only For A Moral And Religious People

39Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 10:50 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:John Adams – Our Constitution Was Made Only For A Moral And Religious People

So do you think we are? How have we benefited from religion in the public square?

40Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 10:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:John Adams – Our Constitution Was Made Only For A Moral And Religious People

God is an essence that we know nothing of. Until this awful blasphemy is got rid of, there never will be any liberal science in the world.

-- John Adams

As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?

-- John Adams

When philosophic reason is clear and certain by intuition or necessary induction, no subsequent revelation supported by prophecies or miracles can supersede it.

-- John Adams

Indeed, Mr. Jefferson, what could be invented to debase the ancient Christianism which Greeks, Romans, Hebrews and Christian factions, above all the Catholics, have not fraudulently imposed upon the public? Miracles after miracles have rolled down in torrents.

-- John Adams

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen [Muslims] ... it is declared ... that no pretext arising from religious opinion shall ever product an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries....
"The United States is not a Christian nation any more than it is a Jewish or a Mohammedan nation."

-- Treaty of Tripoli (1797), carried unanimously by the Senate and signed into law by John Adams (the original language is by Joel Barlow, US Consul)

41Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 11:06 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:

God is an essence that we know nothing of. Until this awful blasphemy is got rid of, there never will be any liberal science in the world.

-- John Adams

As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?

-- John Adams

When philosophic reason is clear and certain by intuition or necessary induction, no subsequent revelation supported by prophecies or miracles can supersede it.

-- John Adams

Indeed, Mr. Jefferson, what could be invented to debase the ancient Christianism which Greeks, Romans, Hebrews and Christian factions, above all the Catholics, have not fraudulently imposed upon the public? Miracles after miracles have rolled down in torrents.

-- John Adams

"As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen [Muslims] ... it is declared ... that no pretext arising from religious opinion shall ever product an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries....
    "The United States is not a Christian nation any more than it is a Jewish or a Mohammedan nation."

-- Treaty of Tripoli (1797), carried unanimously by the Senate and signed into law by John Adams (the original language is by Joel Barlow, US Consul)

And I suppose you think the former I posted is contradicted by what you have posted....religious and moral....is someone that believes in something greater than himself and realizes that he must regard his fellow man as valuable as himself.....those two principles are held by those that love the constitution

42Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 11:18 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

So do you think we are? How have we benefited from religion in the public square?

Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZm07zabUmbzzFa9IHPafhAjYaAux3lXNIJsNy3FDClDzuT_0Ibw

How have we benefited from selective progressive agendas in the public square?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3z-BbX2Qs8

Smile 

43Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 11:22 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

And I suppose you think the former I posted is contradicted by what you have posted....religious and moral....is someone that believes in something greater than himself and realizes that he must regard his fellow man as valuable as himself.....those two principles are held by those that love the constitution

Let a persons religion enlighten him. He can act accordingly in the public sphere but let's not have the government actively enmesh with any particular religion. No good comes from that.

44Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Empty Re: Religion and Politics, Really? 6/23/2014, 11:34 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:And I suppose you think the former I posted is contradicted by what you have posted....religious and moral....is someone that believes in something greater than himself and realizes that he must regard his fellow man as valuable as himself.....those two principles are held by those that love the constitution

Let a persons religion enlighten him. He can act accordingly in the public sphere but let's not have the government actively enmesh with any particular religion. No good comes from that.

Religion and Politics, Really? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRM57D5sIyiRvzkXrfKsy_oUVFCDycdbMQD2moIotmJNSkiAxt

And yet you would bring your latent closet religious beliefs into a discussion on marriage rights.

So now I'll offer you the same three choices I offered Dreams...

1. Allow all mature willing companions to marry freely.

2. Become a eugenics Nazi and ban people with inheritable genetic defects from marrying and reproducing.

3. Become a DOMA supporter where only hetrosexual nuclear families are allowed to marry.

Choose wisely.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YywL43-xu8

Laughing

othershoe1030 wrote:

I suppose you have a ready example of where such foot basins have been installed? My position on that is this: if the parents/students feel the need for foot basins at school then they need to send their kids to a private religious school where such things might be provided otherwise leave the public schools alone.

It may not seem as dangerous to us, being mainly Christian here, to have Christian prayers in school but one thing leads to another and consistency is needed in order for fairness to be perceived. No Christian prayers, no Hindu prayers, etc. No organized religion in public schools.

Dang it. (No, I should say: dammit like Joanie, that's so cute. it's like a kid stomping their foot while saying it, cracks me up every time).

The thread drifts yet again. The question is not prayer/religion in school but religion in POLITICS, how dangerous that is or wonderful depending on your point of view. I say nothing but grief comes of mixing religion and politics. If you disagree, show examples where this has worked out well for everyone over a substantial period of time. I don't think you can.

please read here: http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2008/feb08/muslim-students.html

I'm not sure what your problem is all of a sudden with religion. In THIS country have you ever really had a problem? Has having a prayer said at a football game harmed you? I went to public school and NEVER was a prayer said in class, however if I sneezed and someone said god bless, I wasnt offended and call anyone who is a stupid ass.

We have the extremely intolerant screaming about the intolerant.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

othershoe1030 wrote:And I suppose you think the former I posted is contradicted by what you have posted....religious and moral....is someone that believes in something greater than himself and realizes that he must regard his fellow man as valuable as himself.....those two principles are held by those that love the constitution

It will always fall on deaf ears, othershoe. Why? Because muslims believe with all their heart and soul that their book is "the word of god". So how can they ever accept that man's law should supercede god's law.
Just like christians who believe with all their heart and soul that their book is "the word of god". They too have to make god's law be greater than man's law.

Where the problem comes in is that muslims don't believe their god should only run their lives. And christians don't believe their god should only run their lives either. They both are firmly convinced that each's god is the god for all of us and should rule over all of us, not just them.

Bob wrote:

It will always fall on deaf ears,  othershoe.  Why?  Because muslims believe with all their heart and soul that their book is "the word of god".  So how can they ever accept that man's law should supercede god's law.
Just like christians who believe with all their heart and soul that their book is "the word of god".  They too have to make god's law be greater than man's law.

Where the problem comes in is that muslims don't believe their god should only run their lives.  And christians don't believe their god should only run their lives either.   They both are firmly convinced that each's god is the god for all of us and should rule over all of us,  not just them.

bob, there is no comparison and I think it is very unfair to try and say that Christians are just as dogmatic as muslims. look around the world and even in this country it is not the case. although we have way more Christians in this country you can burn bibles, create art with piss and crosses, I could go on but you better not try that shit HERE with the small group of muslims. so I think you are being very prejudiced to Christians.

I think you're right Chrissy... there is a pc over compensation of sorts. That isn't tolerance as they may think.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You have to read all my posts to know what I think. You can't get it from one post.
A week ago I posted a reply to someone and in that reply I pointed out that no "christian country" in modern times is persecuting women like muslim countries do.
I will add to that now. No "christian" country is persecuting homosexuals like muslim countries do either.
At this point in history, muslim countries are a ton more intolerant in every way than are christian countries.
At this point in time, there is no comparison.

However, what I said in that last post still stands.
If there was no First Amendment to the Constitution, I guarantee you at least some of the states would have mandated Christianity as the state religion.

I don't want any religion, and that inclues muslim, buddhist, hindu, judaism, or christianity, to be ruling over me in any way shape or form.
If you want this country to be a "christian country" then you'll have to fight for that. But I'll be fighting against you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
pacedog wrote:This says you are FOS Bob. None of the guys that did 9-11 were Iranian.

And none of them were Iraqis either.  

I was responding to your statement.  You said "we are fighting Muslims because they brought the battle to our shores, not vice versa".

You made the statement that 9/11 was the start of this.  But it wasn't.
Our government had been fucking over the muslim countries in the middle east for the entire 50 years prior to 9/11.  
Osama Bin Laden told us why he wanted to attack New York.  It was because our government had bombed Beirut and taken the side of a Christian regime against muslims in Lebanon many years before that.

No one has conclusively linked Osama Bin Laden to the 9/11 attacks. The rest of the Bin Laden family, though, is a different story. Most of the supposed 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Bin Laden family members were flown out of the country on 9/11 when all the other planes were grounded. And some of those "hijackers" who should have been killed in the attacks turned up alive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum