Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts and Prayers for the residents of Pensacola and the surrounding areas.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Thoughts and Prayers for the residents of Pensacola and the surrounding areas.

Nearly unheard of floods have inundated the Pensacola, Escambia area. Places which have not flooded in 50 years are under water.

Then, as if things could not get worse, their jail explodes in the midst of the flooding.

Many folks on here from that area believe not one iota in prayer or the power of prayer. That's okay. Think of this as a heartfelt expression of others think of you and your plight. Some of us have made contributions to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.

May God bless you one and all.

I am touched by your concern. Thank you..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How thoughtful.....thank you.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Thanks, Markle. The wife and I drove around to see some of the damage and to check-up on a property we are trying to sell. We drove down Summit Blvd., and saw Piedmont--in some areas, entire lengths of it were washed away. A large white pickup was washed into the woods where someone tried to ford the rising waters of Bayou Marcus Creek, where Michigan Avenue crosses the creek, just below Crescent Lake. Lots of neighborhoods have houses with piles of soiled carpet laying out front. It was really bad.

I live in Flood Zone X, but have carried flood insurance since 1991. I didn't need to use it this time, but looking at watermarks in my backyard, I had 8" of standing water in some parts of my yard. There are two large stormwater retention ponds within one-half mile of my house, and both overflowed, flooding houses that were within a couple of hundred feet of them.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Thoughts and Prayers for the residents of Pensacola and the surrounding areas. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCaGTf8Sjjt6mN-QLrs-YHRNqRa1FPqR56IdcmFtLsOJBa02s2

I concur with Markle..... with reservations of wishing well for some.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZoM5reqo

Smile 

Markle

Markle

I have lived through four major hurricanes, including Donna in Miami and another when I lived in Key West. I cannot recall any of them bringing as much rain as was dumped on Pensacola in a relatively few hours. With Kate, here in Tallahassee we had a huge amount of damage to trees and it took nearly 2 years to get them all cleared away.

I remember water being blown into our house in Miami but it wasn't from the streets flooding. Fortunately, I was not there for Andrew.

I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness with over 2 feet of rain coming in such a short time, there is just no place for it to go or soak in. I hope and pray that you all get a break here and can get back on your feet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum