Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

+4
2seaoat
knothead
Floridatexan
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Everyone's for it, but who will really follow through?

People are working on it.

House Joint Resolution 29 introduced February 14, 2013

Section 1. [Artificial Entities Such as Corporations Do Not Have Constitutional Rights]

The rights protected by the Constitution of the United States are the rights of natural persons only.

Artificial entities established by the laws of any State, the United States, or any foreign state shall have no rights under this Constitution and are subject to regulation by the People, through Federal, State, or local law.

The privileges of artificial entities shall be determined by the People, through Federal, State, or local law, and shall not be construed to be inherent or inalienable.

Section 2. [Money is Not Free Speech]

Federal, State, and local government shall regulate, limit, or prohibit contributions and expenditures, including a candidate's own contributions and expenditures, to ensure that all citizens, regardless of their economic status, have access to the political process, and that no person gains, as a result of their money, substantially more access or ability to influence in any way the election of any candidate for public office or any ballot measure.

Federal, State, and local government shall require that any permissible contributions and expenditures be publicly disclosed.

The judiciary shall not construe the spending of money to influence elections to be speech under the First Amendment.

https://movetoamend.org/wethepeopleamendment

will it limit unions contributions? if not, and they pass it, im getting the pitch forks ready

polecat

polecat

You see, if and when they eventually win, these billionaires will clean up. Their taxes will plummet, many of laws constraining their profits (such environmental laws preventing the Koch brothers from more depredations, and the anti-bribery Foreign Corrupt Practices Act that Adelson is being investigated for violating) will disappear, and what’s left of labor unions will no longer intrude on their bottom lines. And they have enough dough to keep betting until they eventually win. That’s what it means to be a billionaire political investor: You’re able to keep playing the odds until you get the golden ring.”

polecat wrote:You see, if and when they eventually win, these billionaires will clean up. Their taxes will plummet, many of laws constraining their profits (such environmental laws preventing the Koch brothers from more depredations, and the anti-bribery Foreign Corrupt Practices Act that Adelson is being investigated for violating) will disappear, and what’s left of labor unions will no longer intrude on their bottom lines. And they have enough dough to keep betting until they eventually win. That’s what it means to be a billionaire political investor: You’re able to keep playing the odds until you get the golden ring.”

oh I know, and all the money in the world will be in their pockets and none for anyone else. because only so much is printed right lol, oh wait, we are printing it daily and where is it going? and who is putting it there?

sell your fairy tale to the unicorn who runs this club. I don't buy it.

And I think class warfare is a ploy that only works on the ignorant.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The truly sad part, Chrissy, is that you fall for this stuff over and over again. That opinion piece is full of buzzwords...who doesn't like "freedom"? Before you blindly accept what you read, try to read between the lines...or actually think about who is writing it.

Floridatexan wrote:
The truly sad part, Chrissy, is that you fall for this stuff over and over again. That opinion piece is full of buzzwords...who doesn't like "freedom"? Before you blindly accept what you read, try to read between the lines...or actually think about who is writing it.

lol... you do this constantly.

knothead

knothead

It's amusing in a macabre sort of way how people will defend pricks like the Koch brothers and hide behind vague statements thinking everyone else is stupid and living under a rock . . . . polecat nailed it!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Harry Reid says they're devils.  And since Harry Reid is a saint himself that's good enough for me.
On the other hand,  Ross Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity say they're angels and that's good enough for me too.
Now I know what the strawman in the Wizard of Oz felt like.  I wish I had a brain so I could decide stuff for myself too.  But since I don't have one,  I best go by Harry and Shawn.

I challenge anyone here to show me stuff that is bad that these people have done. Not spin, FACTS.

show me how they are evil. Do it. Put up or shut up!

knothead

knothead

crow wrote:I challenge anyone here to show me stuff that is bad that these people have done. Not spin, FACTS.

Chrissy, puhleeez . . . . . these people inherited their fortunes and are now using hugh amounts of that fortune to tip the scales in our elections to garner favors from their paid for politicians . . . . please tell me you do not live under a rock because I know better!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

knothead wrote:
crow wrote:I challenge anyone here to show me stuff that is bad that these people have done. Not spin, FACTS.

Chrissy, puhleeez . . . . . these people inherited their fortunes and are now using hugh amounts of that fortune to tip the scales in our elections to garner favors from their paid for politicians . . . . please tell me you do not live under a rock because I know better!  

You're wrong ... of course she lives under a rock. Nobody who thinks like her ever sees the sunlight.

Nothing so far?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum