Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

+4
2seaoat
knothead
Floridatexan
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

A truly free society is based on a vision of respect for people and what they value. In a truly free society, any business that disrespects its customers will fail, and deserves to do so. The same should be true of any government that disrespects its citizens. The central belief and fatal conceit of the current administration is that you are incapable of running your own life, but those in power are capable of running it for you. This is the essence of big government and collectivism.

More than 200 years ago, Thomas Jefferson warned that this could happen. "The natural progress of things," Jefferson wrote, "is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground
Collectivists (those who stand for government control of the means of production and how people live their lives) promise heaven but deliver hell. For them, the promised end justifies the means.

Instead of encouraging free and open debate, collectivists strive to discredit and intimidate opponents. They engage in character assassination

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303978304579475860515021286?mod=WSJ_comments_mostrecommended&mg=cmy-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/community/integration/leaderboard.html?mod=WSJ_comments_mostrecommended&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303978304579475860515021286.html%3Fmod%3DWSJ_comments_mostrecommended%26mg%3Dcmy-wsj%26url%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Fcommunity%2Fintegration%2Fleaderboard.html%3Fmod%3DWSJ_comments_mostrecommended#articleTabs=comments&commentId=7155919

I agree with him. Lets debate it!

Sal

Sal

Ahhh, the lexicon of a billionaire Bircher born to a millionaire Bircher whining about not having enough control while pouring millions into voter suppression efforts across the country. 

He only wants us to be FREE of the TYRANNY ....

of clean water and access to affordable healthcare. 

And, his useful idiots eat it up with a spoon. 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Koch brothers are the DEFINITION of oligarchs. The "freedom" they supposedly espouse is THEIRS, not yours or mine or any "average" citizen's. Watch this:

Sal wrote:Ahhh, the lexicon of a billionaire Bircher born to a millionaire Bircher whining about not having enough control while pouring millions into voter suppression efforts across the country. 

He only wants us to be FREE of the TYRANNY ....

of clean water and access to affordable healthcare. 

And, his useful idiots eat it up with a spoon. 

Are you capable of having a conversation without the hate?

I think what is said in the first sentence strikes a note of truth, as well as the 3rd, 4th and so on.

About respect and allowing companies to fail. I agree with that, do you not?

And it is certainly true about what he said about collectivist such as you and FT and many on here, GOV knows best. To hell with personal responsibility and liberties, just give me some of those other peoples stuff.

and last but not least, he was DEAD SINCH CORRECT about the fact that debate can not be held on subjects/issues that collectivist will only degrade and attack.

I rest my case. That was easy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Daddy made his money in Russia under Stalin.

Floridatexan wrote:

Stalin was a collectivist. Maybe that's why Koch hates collectivist. We all learn something from our past. well, some of us do.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I can see you didn't even bother to watch the video. Did you watch ANY of it? How do you expect to have a debate on this topic when you're full of preconceived notions and labels for anyone who disagrees?

Floridatexan wrote:
I can see you didn't even bother to watch the video.  Did you watch ANY of it?  How do you expect to have a debate on this topic when you're full of preconceived notions and labels for anyone who disagrees?  

I could say the same for you and most here.

And if you think I am watching a over an hour long spin movie, you got another thing coming.

The comments from him that I posted I whole heartedly agree with. And as you and the rest here were never interested in the character of people, but instead ideals, Ill use that same format to focus on this discussion.

And let me add, you yourself are a "collectivist" and a big George soros worshiper. So for you to put stalin in a bad light is complete utter hypocrisy. LOL

knothead

knothead

crow wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I can see you didn't even bother to watch the video.  Did you watch ANY of it?  How do you expect to have a debate on this topic when you're full of preconceived notions and labels for anyone who disagrees?  

I could say the same for you and most here.

And if you think I am watching a over an hour long spin movie, you got another thing coming.

The comments from him that I posted I whole heartedly agree with. And as you and the rest here were never interested in the character of people, but instead ideals, Ill use that same format to focus on this discussion.

And let me add, you yourself are a "collectivist" and a big George soros worshiper. So for you to put stalin in a bad light is complete utter hypocrisy. LOL

Whether it is George Soros or the Koch brothers they are what is wrong with our process . . . . the influence they wield is difficult to comprehend and it only illustrates the changes we as a society should demand in campaign financing . . . . it is corrupt beyond belief.

10Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society Empty 4/5/2014, 2:37 pm

Sal

Sal

The only thing that the Kochs don't have enough of is FREEDOM ....

.... the freedom to rape the Earth and exploit people.

You obviously know nothing about these people.

Swallowing their self-serving propoganda makes you a useful idiot.

Reality.

This coming from the leftists that adore soros... mediamatters, truthout, huffpo, cap, salon, kos, aljazzera... etc.

Facts are, collectivism, progressivism , Marxism and let gov mentality is killing the nation.

And we need to get back to the hard cold reality that nothing is promised to us, we have no right to anything but our god given right to work and prosper for ourselves. Another person is not responsible for our needs, we are. and until we realize this , we as a nation will continue to decline.

I don't need anyone to tell me this. I can see it and figure it out on my own.

I know enough about the kochs. I know they invented fracking which I am against. but no one is perfect and unlike the left I understand this premise.

I know they are the largest business in the country.

I know they are charitable and are involved with libertarians and tea party and some of the most notable think tanks in the country.

And I know that no matter what they do, the left will hate them.

So I will support the statements made at the beginning of this thread. because that in reality is what this thread is about. Not the personal character assassinations you lefties want to make it about.

And I know you want to make it about personal character, because to address the statements made about liberty, freedoms and collectivism is too hard for you to face.

Sal

Sal

crow wrote:Facts are, collectivism, progressivism , Marxism and let gov mentality is killing the nation.

And we need to get back to the hard cold reality that nothing is promised to us, we have no right to anything but our god given right to work and prosper for ourselves. Another person is not responsible for our needs, we are. and until we realize this , we as a nation will continue to decline.

I know enough about the kochs. I know they invented fracking which I am against. but no one is perfect and unlike the left I understand this premise.

I know they are charitable and are involved with libertarians and tea party and some of the most notable think tanks in the country.

So I will support the statements made at the beginning of this thread. because that in reality is what this thread is about. Not the personal character assassinations you lefties want to make it about.

And I know you want to make it about personal character, because to address the statements made about liberty, freedoms and collectivism is too hard for you to face.

You're a Bircher. 

That's fine. 

The nation as a whole has roundly rejected you and your philosophy. 

"Collectivism" ....

.... lmao ....

.... Birchers are silly. 

2seaoat

There will be winners and losers. The propagandist and money has been winning the decade......their days are limited. America is aware.

Sal

Sal

"I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - Thomas Jefferson

Floridatexan wrote:

And Kennedy made his bootlegging.

Sal wrote:The only thing that the Kochs don't have enough of is FREEDOM ....

.... the freedom to rape the Earth and exploit people.

You obviously know nothing about these people.

Swallowing their self-serving propoganda makes you a useful idiot.

Reality.

GOP control and wealth baaaaad....
Dem control and wealth goooood......

Sounds like the lines from an Orwell book.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Ok both sides --- how about we take big money out of campaign financing? I'm for it on the left. who's for it on the right?

Everyone's for it, but who will really follow through?

Nobody... because everyone is looking through the wrong end of the telescope. It's the politicians that should be limited.

Access is a two way street.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:"I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - Thomas Jefferson

OMG! Suppose I can get this on a bumper sticker? This is NOT the kind of FOUNDING FATHERS' quote you hear coming from the right. This needs to be repeated often.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Nobody... because everyone is looking through the wrong end of the telescope. It's the politicians that should be limited.

Access is a two way street.

There is more to it than that. The way it LOOKS is that the GOVERNMENT is doing all these things to the people. You have to pull back the curtain and see who had taken over the government from the inside. It is the politicians of course but it is mainly those who are merely fronts for Wall Street, Big Agribusiness, multi-national corporations, etc. That's where the real power is. That's who is really pushing the buttons.

othershoe1030 wrote:
Sal wrote:"I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - Thomas Jefferson

OMG! Suppose I can get this on a bumper sticker? This is NOT the kind of FOUNDING FATHERS' quote you hear coming from the right. This needs to be repeated often.

You should see what jackson said about banks... that's why the govt as a neural arbitrator was so important.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Everyone's for it, but who will really follow through?

People are working on it.

House Joint Resolution 29 introduced February 14, 2013

Section 1. [Artificial Entities Such as Corporations Do Not Have Constitutional Rights]

The rights protected by the Constitution of the United States are the rights of natural persons only.

Artificial entities established by the laws of any State, the United States, or any foreign state shall have no rights under this Constitution and are subject to regulation by the People, through Federal, State, or local law.

The privileges of artificial entities shall be determined by the People, through Federal, State, or local law, and shall not be construed to be inherent or inalienable.

Section 2. [Money is Not Free Speech]

Federal, State, and local government shall regulate, limit, or prohibit contributions and expenditures, including a candidate's own contributions and expenditures, to ensure that all citizens, regardless of their economic status, have access to the political process, and that no person gains, as a result of their money, substantially more access or ability to influence in any way the election of any candidate for public office or any ballot measure.

Federal, State, and local government shall require that any permissible contributions and expenditures be publicly disclosed.

The judiciary shall not construe the spending of money to influence elections to be speech under the First Amendment.

https://movetoamend.org/wethepeopleamendment

Sal wrote:
crow wrote:Facts are, collectivism, progressivism , Marxism and let gov mentality is killing the nation.

You're a Bircher. 

That's fine. 

The nation as a whole has roundly rejected you and your philosophy. 

"Collectivism" ....

.... lmao ....

.... Birchers are silly. 

I'm an American. Someone who believes in working for a living and anything that I do is to sustain that process. Food, medicine, shelter etc are things that I myself earn. it makes me happy to do so even though life is hard and there have been times those things were either not within my reach or barely attainable. But, I didn't stop, I knew what I had to do to get what I needed and some of what I wanted. It never once occurred to me that someone owed me something and that I should set out of life's big game for a new game called :game the system, fuck the rich man".

No instead, I admire those who have prospered and even though I do not possess the tenacity and talent it takes to be wildly rich, I m no fool , many of them have taught me lessons in life. Much better lessons than the bums, crooks and cheaters.

I am a American woman. Everything you take from me is stolen from the hard road I had to climb to get here. And at the end of the day. It will be people like me who win this fight against collectivism. We will tire of your shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum