Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

While gun purchases soared in 2013, violent crime dropped....yep an armed society is a polite society

+2
Hospital Bob
Sal
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/10/FBI-Report-Confirms-Crime-Fell-While-Gun-Purchases-Soared-In-2013

FBI report

hate it for you libs...

Sal

Sal

Violent crime rates have been falling for decades.

Especially since the gun buying spree from Nov 2008 (Obama's election) and continuing now....

But then why the bleating from you liberals every time a gun incident happens with one of your own freak progressives?

Sal

Sal

You heard it here first, folks ....

.... from our very own, PeeDawg ....

.... President Obama is solely responsible for the decades long drop in violent crime rates in the United States.

Thank you, Mr. President!

Sal wrote:You heard it here first, folks ....

.... from our very own, PeeDawg ....

.... President Obama is solely responsible for the decades long drop in violent crime rates in the United States.

Thank you, Mr. President!

Yep because people are buying guns and ammo faster than they can be made.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This has to be the silliest thread yet. Right up there with the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax thread. It just gets more and more entertaining around here. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:This has to be the silliest thread yet.  Right up there with the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax thread.  It just gets more and more entertaining around here.  lol
No this is a much more substantial article.

Bob wrote:This has to be the silliest thread yet.  Right up there with the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax thread.  It just gets more and more entertaining around here.  lol

So stories about FBI reports are entertaining?

So stories about FBI reports are entertaining?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Especially since the gun buying spree from Nov 2008 (Obama's election) and continuing now....

Lots of Obamahate being spewed here......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

What is entertaining is to use stats without understanding the same. Young people commit most crime. As the majority of an aging population ages, the crime rate drops. A twenty year old babyboomer saw high crime rates. A sixty year old babyboomer is seeing low crime rates. What possibly could be the correlation?......I see people own more guns........this place is definitely entertaining.

2seaoat

Superstition abounds......just kill a chicken in your front yard to keep violent crime away.......I killed a chicken in my front yard......the violent crime rates are down the last decade......therefore dead chickens in the front yard lower crime.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:What is entertaining is to use stats without understanding the same.  Young people commit most crime.  As the majority of an aging population ages, the crime rate drops.   A twenty year old babyboomer saw high crime rates.  A sixty year old babyboomer is seeing low crime rates.   What possibly could be the correlation?......I see people own more guns........this place is definitely entertaining.

You're slipping 2SO.

This would have been (finally) a perfect chance to use your infamous "false equivalency" line.

In this case you would have been right (for once) since there is no measurable relationship between recent increased gun ownership and a dropping crime index that has been occurring over a long period of time.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

GUN SHOW NOV.15 PENSACOLA STATE FAIRGROUNDS

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:

You're slipping 2SO.

This would have been (finally) a perfect chance to use your infamous "false equivalency" line.

In this case you would have been right (for once) since there is no measurable relationship between recent increased gun ownership and a dropping crime index that has been occurring over a long period of time.

Ummm ....

.... no.

That would not be a false equivalency.

That would be a case of correlation not implying causation.

Nice try at sitting at the grownup's table tho.

lmao

gatorfan

Sal wrote:
gatorfan wrote:

You're slipping 2SO.

Ummm ....

.... no.

That would not be a false equivalency.

That would be a case of correlation not implying causation.

Nice try at sitting at the grownup's table tho.

lmao

Of course a douche bag would leap into uncharted waters (for a douche).

"False equivalence is a logical fallacy which describes a situation where there is a logical and apparent equivalence, but when in fact there is none."

Keep trying child.

Sal

Sal

You don't know what "equivalence" means, do you?

lmao

gatorfan

Sal wrote:You don't know what "equivalence" means, do you?

lmao

You don't know what reality means do you? But I digress, you obviously have me confused with someone who gives a flying fuck about your douche opinions.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:
Sal wrote:You don't know what "equivalence" means, do you?

lmao

You don't know what reality means do you? But I digress, you obviously have me confused with someone who gives a flying fuck about your douche opinions.

I didn't think so ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum