Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This forum sucks

+4
Sal
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/27/2014, 9:23 am

Dreamsglore wrote:20 gallons wow! That's a lot of paint. How many gallons per room? I'm ging to start painting a couple of rooms.

Painting hint.. Use a 5 gallon bucket with a Paint screen and a very good roller handle with a 3/4 inch nap cover. The longer the nap the more paint it holds.  Maybe a 1/2 for real smooth finish but nothing smaller.   Never use a cheap brush.  There is a reason a good 3in angle brush sells for around 20 dollars.  A 3in brush might seem a tad big but it will make things much faster.  

27This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/27/2014, 10:05 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Don't envy you Cool. I don't mind the actual painting but I hate the prep work and clean up.

Mr. Itchi is right about rollers and brushes.

28This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 12:53 am

cool1

cool1

3 bed -1 big bath and a big big big liv-kitchen combined -- Im doing most myself --I feel bad really bad im in a mood in which everything feels so lost now , you try to do something and now all seams like your in a dream of some sort I don't even know if I can even explain it because I cant spell worth a darn and my mind just isn't right but I will try.

3 days ago my husband went in for a colan -oscapy --the past 3 days have been awful he couldn't hold anything down -and hurt really bad and the Doc said if he still feels bad take him into Navy Hospital --well VA out patient facility did the colan oscapy well So I took him in around 8 am this morning and stayed with him until they took him back and I sat there and the doc came out and said you really should go home we will run tests and x-rays it will take 3 hours so I went home.

I was home 1 hour and they called please get back up here right away !!  Shocked So I ran up there and he had to operate on him right then --So well they told me the doc cut a whole of 1 inch in his intestine and everything he had trie to eat and drink spilled into his stomach --well they said we will fix him right up sew it back I said ok they said it would take 3 hours ---took 6 hours and now they told me after that they couldn't do that and now they have to hook his intestine up to a bag which he will have to poo in for the next 3 months and he wont be able to work for that long either --Then after those months of trying to clear his stomach of all the polutents then maybe they will be able to attach intestines back up  Crying or Very sad 

I have to be strong right now real strong for my daughter --they will keep him in the hospital for a week and send him home with a bag --I have been praying but now even more ---im loosing it though at times but then I get back to reality !!! And try to keep my mind . I have been at the hospital all day --im getting tired now but im trying to wash clothes and keep the house up and my mind is cluttered --married over 20 years and never did I ever think that one day something like this could happen to either one of us ---Im so tired right now I have to try and get some rest --if I don't get back on here well im busy that's all I can say --they say this only happens to 1 out of 10 to 15000 people --well It hit my husband and im freaking out that's all I can say --I have to get up early get daughter off to school and back up there again in the morning. I will try to get back on here when I can.

29This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 1:25 am

Cool, I'm going to make some suggestions for you to do right away so you don't get stuck when all this hits full force. Get on your computer and apply for food stamps now.It will take about a month before you receive them. You can pick up food at the Manna Food Bank once a week until then. If you need help w/ rent or mortgage or utilities I can lead you in the right direction or free medical supplies. They can help you w/ colostomy bags as they're not cheap. You can get through this if you don't panic. Does your husband have disability insurance?

30This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 1:36 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey Dreams can she get a lawyer and sue the bastards...MALpractice.

31This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 1:45 am

Sue them for what?

32This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 2:04 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Maybe I misread it but it looks like the "doctor" poked a 1 inch hole in her husbands colon....It's called incompetence.

33This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 2:51 am

I don't know.Maybe so. They poked a hole in my mother's esophagus and she nearly died so I wouldn't be surprised.

34This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 2:59 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This is what they will be fighting and with the new drug resistant bacteria the battle will not be easy..

Septicemia

Sepsis
Definition
Sepsis refers to a bacterial infection in the bloodstream or body tissues. This is a very broad term covering the presence of many types of microscopic disease-causing organisms.
Description
Sepsis is also called bacteremia. Closely related terms include septicemia and septic syndrome. In the general population, the incidence of sepsis is two people in 10,000. The number of deaths from sepsis each year has almost doubled in the United States since 1980 because more patients are developing the condition. There are three major factors responsible for this increase: a rise in the number of organ transplants and other surgical procedures that require suppressing the patient's immune system; the greater number of elderly people in the population; and the overuse of antibiotics to treat infectious illnesses, resulting in the development of drug-resistant bacteria.

Causes and symptoms
Sepsis can originate anywhere bacteria can gain entry to the body; common sites include the genitourinary tract, the liver and its bile ducts, the gastrointestinal tract, and the lungs. Broken or ulcerated skin can also provide access to bacteria commonly present in the environment. Invasive medical procedures, including dental work, can introduce bacteria or permit them to accumulate in the body. Entry points and equipment left in place for any length of time present a particular risk. Heart valve replacement, catheters, ostomy sites, intravenous (IV) or arterial lines, surgical wounds, or surgical drains are examples. IV drug users are at high risk as well.

35This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 3:26 am

Yes, I know about sepsis.My mother had it. I'm not sure though if that was what Cool was saying. In any event, it's going to be a difficult journey for her w/ no income for awhile if he didn't have disability insurance. I've seen it too many times w/ unexpected illnesses. He may not be able to return to work even longer than that.

36This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 3:55 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Cool, I'm so sorry for your husband and or you. Listen to Dreams and let her help you.

37This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 3:55 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well if a mechanic broke my windshield and wouldn't fix it I would sue him and with evidence I would win. Why are doctors any better than mechanics ? Cools husband's surgical repairs and loss of wages should be covered by a lawsuit for malpractice. Including a few mill for pain and suffering.

38This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 7:24 am

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:Cool, I'm going to make some suggestions for you to do right away so you don't get stuck when all this hits full force. Get on your computer and apply for food stamps now.It will take about a month before you receive them. You can pick up food at the Manna Food Bank once a week until then. If you need help w/ rent or mortgage or utilities I can lead you in the right direction or free medical supplies. They can help you w/ colostomy bags as they're not cheap. You can get through this if you don't panic. Does your husband have disability insurance?

I will do just that as soon as possible Dreams --as soon as I get computer time. I have to get my daughter up for school and go to hospital this morning and go from there !!! sometime today when I get back I will do that. I have to do that for sure .

39This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 7:32 am

cool1

cool1

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well if a mechanic broke my windshield and wouldn't fix it I would sue him and with evidence I would win. Why are doctors any better than mechanics ? Cools husband's surgical repairs and loss of wages should be covered by a lawsuit for malpractice. Including a few mill for pain and suffering.

I feel sometimes the same way but you sign papers holding them not responsible ---The second surgeon told me he was a good surgeon and my husband was just the unlucky one.  Crying or Very sad 

40This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 7:39 am

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:Cool, I'm so sorry for your husband and or you. Listen to Dreams and let her help you.

Thank you Joni---Im going to try to do all I can to get through this crazy mess . I got some rest feel a lil better , wow 1st time I think in over 20 years I slept alone -took me an hour laying there then I passed smooth out.
then I was scared I wouldn't wake up early enough but I did and now I have to get busy with chores so I can get them done then get daughter off to school -then hospital. yall have a good day and I will check back and let yall know how its going.

41This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 10:09 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Give a lawyer a call. It's free to ask. Everybody signs papers but there are still thousands of lawsuits every year. If signing a paper worked they wouldn't have to carry malpractice insurance.

42This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 10:36 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

They want to talk with you cool ...give them a call....I spoke with them on the phone. They need information too decide how to proceed that only you can give.

Levin, Papantonio, Thomas, Mitchell, Rafferty & Proctor, P.A.

316 South Baylen Street, Suite 600, Pensacola, FL 32591

Attorneys at law

877-568-6783

43This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 10:46 am

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:They want to talk with you cool ...give them a call....I spoke with them on the phone. They need information too decide how to proceed that only you can give.

Levin, Papantonio, Thomas, Mitchell, Rafferty & Proctor, P.A.

316 South Baylen Street, Suite 600, Pensacola, FL 32591

Attorneys at law

877-568-6783

Tort reform!!

44This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 10:46 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I didn't call these guys but they are highly rated you may want to call them first.

Baker and Baker PLLC

| 300 East Government Street, Pensacola, FL 32502

Attorney at Law
Client Rating 5.0 / 5.0

Peer Rating 5.0 / 5.0
850-583-2421

45This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 10:56 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Give a lawyer a call. It's free to ask. Everybody signs papers but there are still thousands of lawsuits every year. If signing a paper worked they wouldn't have to carry malpractice insurance.

I don't know if you can sue the VA,Teo.

46This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 11:05 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You can sue anybody...winning is a whole nuther thing. I would leave it up to the the professional buzzards to decide what she can and can't do. The ramification in cools life will be horrific soon and she needs to get the ball rolling if she has any avenue for redress.

47This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 11:12 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Federal Tort Claims Act allows a civilian to claim compensation from the US government when damage is caused by the negligence of an employee or agency (such as VA hospital malpractice) of the US government, including the Veterans Administration (VA). VA medical malpractice law falls within negligence law, which is applicable to all lawsuits by attorneys against medical professionals, from VA hospitals to doctors and dentists to podiatrists and chiropractors.

Increasingly, more medical negligence claims have been directed toward VA medical malpractice claims. According to the VA, the "environment of care" needed to be improved at 17 out of 23 medical facilities it inspected from 9/2004 to 10/2005

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/lawsuit/veteran_medical_malpractice.html#.UxCnBaI4Iy0

48This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 11:18 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

VA Legal Malpractice
If you have a VA Medical Malpractice claim, it is important that you work with a lawyer who is experienced and specializes in VA Medical Malpractice. Some veterans have their malpractice cases dismissed because their attorney wasn't experienced with VA issues and procedural requirements for bringing a claim under the FTCA. If your lawyer told you that your VA medical malpractice claim was valid, you may have a legal malpractice claim against your lawyer.

A number of VA hospitals have in place an "apology law": administrators and health officials admit their mistakes immediately and negotiate with the victims for extremely low settlements. Although a small settlement can help short-term, lawsuit settlements are typically 6 to 28 times greater than what hospitals are offering.

If you have experienced an injury or substandard care at a VA hospital or clinic, you should consult a VA medical malpractice lawyer who is experienced in VA medical malpractice claims, and receive proper compensation.

Veteran Medical Malpractice Legal Help
If you are a veteran and have suffered injuries or negligence at a VA hospital, please click the link below to submit your complaint to a veteran malpractice lawyer for a free claim evaluation.

49This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 11:40 am

I guess you can then but it will be way down the road and won't help her immediate situation.

50This forum sucks - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum sucks 2/28/2014, 11:57 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:I guess you can then but it will be way down the road and won't help her immediate situation.

I have some personal, knowledge of a similar case and this will not be an easy fix. I pray for a miracle but expect little out of the VA. She needs to do what you are saying in the short term and then follow through with the lawyer for down the road.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum