Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My personal obamacare nightmare

+6
2seaoat
no stress
Yella
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:It's not cancelled,Bob. You paid until the end of the month.Just call again. You got an idiot.

Not necessarily so the govt doesn't pay their part of the premium until sometime in February for January.

Yella wrote:
Chrissy wrote:lol! 

Not nice, chrissy, Bob has a legitimate problem and his illness is NOT funny. I'm
disapointed in your response.

Is this the first time you've been disappointed in her response? LOL!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:It's not cancelled,Bob. You paid until the end of the month.Just call again. You got an idiot.

As of right now, I'm totally done with obamacare. I'm not making any more phone calls because my blood pressure will go through the roof and I'll probably have a stroke if I do.

I was without (real) insurance for the last 35 years and now I'm without it again until Feb 1.
I just hope that since my policy was in effect when I did the doctor visit and the lab work, that will be paid for anyway. I'm not scheduled for anything else until the first of February.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Not necessarily so the govt doesn't pay their part of the premium until sometime in February for January.

That's gonna be the interesting thing. When Blue Cross gets notified that the subsidy was cancelled on 1/22, they may try to get me to make up the difference. Jebus.

Yella

Yella

Dreamsglore wrote:
Yella wrote:
Chrissy wrote:lol! 

Not nice, chrissy, Bob has a legitimate problem and his illness is NOT funny. I'm
disapointed in your response.

Is this the first time you've been disappointed in her response? LOL!

I like her. She is clever and a hell of an actress. I expect her to apologize to Bob. He has a serious problem.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Bob, all we needed was that letter man. They are completely incompetent at that number. Do you know how to check your EOB's online to see if by chance everyone has been paid? Of course if that dildo at healthcare.gov cancelled you back to Jan 1 you are screwed and it will take an act of God to get your premium back. You see the way the govt pays the insurance company's or rather when is not going to be until February for the January premium. Call me tomorrow.

I'll try to look at the EOB right now. Will let you know what I find.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm now going to email you what my account shows, ppaca.

It's showing a $500+ bill for the bloodwork.
It's showing a $50+ bill for the diabetes testing meter
But it's not showing the charge for a doctor visit.

It says the $500+ bill is "in progress"
And the $50+ bill has been paid.

But what really worries me is the bloodwork says I have an "enlarged prostate" when the doctor made no mention of that to me.

So I guess I could be on the hook for $500+ and the doctor bill and the $380 premium since that can't be returned. And to cap it all off, I have an enlarged prostate and this is the first I've heard of it.
All I can say is thank god we have the best health care system in the world and not the worst. The worst one must be a humdinger. lol

dumpcare

The bloodwork says your prostate as enlarged or your PSA level is up? I believe from recent and past experience there is only one way to see if prostate is enlarged and that would be "BEND OVER" Is that what the woman told you at healthcare.gov just before she hung up on you? lol

It may be possible to stop all this tomorrow call me around 9. That woman may have done nothing, remember it was the government.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:I'm now going to email you what my account shows,  ppaca.

It's showing a $500+ bill for the bloodwork.
It's showing a $50+ bill for the diabetes testing meter
But it's not showing the charge for a doctor visit.

It says the $500+ bill is "in progress"
And the $50+ bill has been paid.

But what really worries me is the bloodwork says I have an "enlarged prostate" when the doctor made no mention of that to me.  

So I guess I could be on the hook for $500+ and the doctor bill and the $380 premium since that can't be returned.  And to cap it all off,  I have an enlarged prostate and this is the first I've heard of it.  
All I can say is thank god we have the best health care system in the world and not the worst.  The worst one must be a humdinger.  lol

Well she can't cancel in the middle of the month, it either has to be back to Jan 1 or Feb 1. If back to Jan 1 you may be able to get your premium back that you paid. But any claims BC paid they will probably come after to repay them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I will call you at exactly 9. Thanks.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

Look at those attachments in the email where it says "enlarged prostate".
Why would that even be on an EOB page? That's bizarre to me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wanted to post those EOB pages. But the forum "host an image" function is not working.

ppaca wrote:The bloodwork says your prostate as enlarged or your PSA level is up? I believe from recent and past experience there is only one way to see if prostate is enlarged and that would be "BEND OVER" Is that what the woman told you at healthcare.gov just before she hung up on you? lol

It may be possible to stop all this tomorrow call me around 9. That woman may have done nothing, remember it was the government.

lol! 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote: But any claims BC paid they will probably come after to repay them.

If that is what happens, maybe I can try to fight it in small claims court.
Especially since the Blue Cross rep on the phone told me I had to go to healthcare.gov to do the cancellation.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:ppaca,

Why would that even be on an EOB page?  That's bizarre to me.

Wait I think I have it: By any chance when you went to do bloodwork did you ask for an extra chair for your little friend to sit in? I have to ask once in a while for a place for mr P to sit.

Ok, I saw that, it looks like the doctor put that on the order. Did he check it? They probably did a PSA.

I can't open the details because only you can do that.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote: But any claims BC paid they will probably come after to repay them.

If that is what happens,  maybe I can try to fight it in small claims court.
Especially since the Blue Cross rep on the phone told me I had to go to healthcare.gov to do the cancellation.

No one can fight obamacare it has taken over the land. It's probably peeking in your window's as you type, crawling down your street, it's like the blob. Remember that movie?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Wait I think I have it:  By any chance when you went to do bloodwork did you ask for an extra chair for your little friend to sit in? I have to ask once in a while for a place for mr P to sit.

Ok, I saw that, it looks like the doctor put that on the order. Did he check it? They probably did a PSA.

I'm gonna email you my login name and password so you can see the whole thing.

Yes, the doctor did the digital rectal exam. But he never said a word about an enlarged prostate to me.
I guess that's just how they do the best health care system in the world. lol

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Wait I think I have it:  By any chance when you went to do bloodwork did you ask for an extra chair for your little friend to sit in? I have to ask once in a while for a place for mr P to sit.

I'm gonna email you my login name and password so you can see the whole thing.

Yes,  the doctor did the digital rectal exam.  But he never said a word about an enlarged prostate to me.
I guess that's just how they do the best health care system in the world.  lol

Shit my urologist said damn near every male has prostate enlargement over 50.

Last edited by ppaca on 1/24/2014, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:

Shit my urologist said damn near every male has prostate enlargement over 50 he did say you could shrink it by lot's of sex or if no partner whacking it often. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!  That's what he said.

If your urologist is prescribing masturbation to his patients I want him as my primary doctor. lol

dumpcare

You know, there are so many rules that I totally forgot this: If you have paid and it is past the effective date you cannot cancel it or change it (if you are receiving a subsidy) unless there is a qualifying event. I did not see Medicare on the list, but I do know if you are Medicare eligible you cannot receive a subsidy. Although you can't cancel they will cancel you if not paid within 90 days of billing being due.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Shit my urologist said damn near every male has prostate enlargement over 50 he did say you could shrink it by lot's of sex or if no partner whacking it often. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!  That's what he said.

If your urologist is prescribing masturbation to his patients I want him as my primary doctor.  lol

That's exactly what he does. It's a group on Davis

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:You know, there are so many rules that I totally forgot this:  If you have paid and it is past the effective date you cannot cancel it or change it (if you are receiving a subsidy) unless there is a qualifying event. I did not see Medicare on the list, but I do know if you are Medicare eligible you cannot receive a subsidy. Although you can't cancel they will cancel you if not paid within 90 days of billing being due.

Help me make sure I understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that because of this, they couldn't cancel my policy before Feb 1 so I'm still covered?

dumpcare

Not sure, they're not suppose to, but who knows what little switch they may have flipped. We have had a lot of people call after signing up direct and then trying to get straight answers out of them. Remember most of those people were hired just before this started and there are several call center's, there's one in PC, they were not trained properly and did not have to get certified to the extent an insurance agent had to. Nor are they licensed. You still show active in my que but if they did cancel it won't show up where I can see for a few days.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll stop by the office at 9 unless you prefer me just to call.

dumpcare

come on by, but also check your email in the morning before coming, just in case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum