Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

a grandfather's worse nightmare

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130604/NEWS01/306040017/Toddler-s-death-devastates-family

It is a constant battle to keep their energy and presence near and dear.....I offer my prayers to this family.....what a horrible tragedy.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I read it and I just feel like crying. Cannot even imagine the pain.

Sad yes, but preventable. Sippy cup found next to car kid was found in but no one searched the car. Odd. Even the dumb ole stoopid ECSO didnt search the vehicle. Hopefully the Mother will get arrested for negligence.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The family has to be devastated. I have 7 grandchildren and if something happened to any one of them I would be lost. They are all so much a part of my life...they are the center of our family.

I wondered when I read this case how the boy got in the car? The grandfather said he could open the car door. I wonder why the child didn't open the door to get out? The thought crossed my mind the child was forgotten in the car possibly after a trip somewhere. We just don't know.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I was suspicious, too, when I first read that he was found dead in a car. But maybe he fell asleep?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:I wondered when I read this case how the boy got in the car? The grandfather said he could open the car door. I wonder why the child didn't open the door to get out? The thought crossed my mind the child was forgotten in the car possibly after a trip somewhere. We just don't know.

Child safety locks were engaged in the backseat. The doors do not open.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I wondered when I read this case how the boy got in the car? The grandfather said he could open the car door. I wonder why the child didn't open the door to get out? The thought crossed my mind the child was forgotten in the car possibly after a trip somewhere. We just don't know.

Was he found in the backseat floor?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

yes

Nekochan

Nekochan

Poor little boy.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

yes

OMG!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You know how I am....It would kill me.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know how the grandparents are going to handle this. God help them get through this.

Sal

Sal

I don't know how people overcome things like this.

I'm grateful that I've never been confronted with such a situation, because I really don't know how I'd react.

Very, very sad.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:I don't know how people overcome things like this.

I'm grateful that I've never been confronted with such a situation, because I really don't know how I'd react.

Very, very sad.

It's unimaginable.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The other day I read an article about a dad who came home and accidentally ran over his teenaged daughter who was sunbathing on the driveway. She wasn't killed, but she was paralyzed. The story was about how close they are today, the guilt he feels and her refusal to blame him.

Those people who live through this kind of thing have strength that I don't know if I have and I hope I never have to find out if I have it.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:I don't know how people overcome things like this.

Very, very sad.

It's unimaginable.

Indeed.

I've confronted some really difficult situations in my years, but losing one of my babies like that ...

... I don't know.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:The other day I read an article about a dad who came home and accidentally ran over his teenaged daughter who was sunbathing on the driveway. She wasn't killed, but she was paralyzed. The story was about how close they are today, the guilt he feels and her refusal to blame him.

Those people who live through this kind of thing have strength that I don't know if I have and I hope I never have to find out if I have it.

There was a dude in Tampa recently that accidentally ran over his toddler with his riding mower severing both her legs at the ankles.

I don't know how you'd ever get over that kind of thing.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:The other day I read an article about a dad who came home and accidentally ran over his teenaged daughter who was sunbathing on the driveway. She wasn't killed, but she was paralyzed. The story was about how close they are today, the guilt he feels and her refusal to blame him.

There was a dude in Tampa recently that accidentally ran over his toddler with his riding mower severing both her legs at the ankles.

I've seen some horrific accidents kids have sustained because they fell off a riding lawn mower while sitting in someone's lap.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:

I remember reading that a few weeks back. Sad

Sal wrote:

You don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum