Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My personal obamacare nightmare

+6
2seaoat
no stress
Yella
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

will do. thanks, TG.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, anyone reading this should know that ppaca didn't receive any compensation for selling me the Blue Cross obamacare policy and he's not getting anything for helping me now. That's because Blue Cross doesn't compensate an agent when a policy is only in effect for one month.
He's just helping me out of sheer human kindness because he's a good guy.

no stress

no stress

Karma....screw the theatre for 10 bucks then get charged xtra on your health bills.   It all comes out in the wash.

2seaoat

He's just helping me out of sheer human kindness because he's a good guy.

Yes he is, but you usually get what you pay for......just saying.....you have been swimming up river for a long time rather than getting on a boat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:He's just helping me out of sheer human kindness because he's a good guy.

Yes he is, but you usually get what you pay for......just saying.....you have been swimming up river for a long time rather than getting on a boat.

Sorry but I don't understand this comment at all.  If you replace the metaphors with plain talk then maybe I'll be able to. What exactly is represented by the river and what is represented by the boat?

2seaoat

The river is the path of least resistance, and the boat charges a fee to get on the boat........My observation is that you consistently resist paying a fee to get you to a defined destination. You tend to choose the easiest and least expensive path and then tell us about the problems in your choices......sometimes it takes money to buy whiskey, and the fare on the boat may be more than swimming up current in the river, but you tend to get where you need to go by paying the fare.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was sold a worthless health insurance policy when I was 30 years old.
Yes it was my fault for being so stupid at that age.
And once I began to realize how worthless it was and wanted to rid myself of it and get valid health insurance,  it was too late because I had pre-existing conditions and no insurance company would sell me any other insurance.

So I kept paying the premiums ($4500/year for the last few years) thinking that if I had a catastrophic medical event,  it would be better than having nothing.
But in the last year before I become eligible for Medicare,  I had the catastrophic medical event.  And that's when I learned my insurance was not better than nothing.  It would have been better if I had just dropped it and not paid the $4500 premium.  

And then along comes obamacare.  So having been diagnosed with two forms of cancer this year,  and being 64 years old and not having any real insurance,  I thought it would be a good idea to get real insurance even if only for the month of January because at least for that month if I had another catastrophic medical event I would have insurance coverage and not be hit with another $20,000 medical bill.

So,  that's what I'm guilty of.  If that makes me a bad person then I apologize to everyone here for being one.

2seaoat

No good or bad, just after paying huge monthly premiums for health insurance for thirty years, I am glad we had chosen the boat.....it was not easy when the kids were younger, but now I am very thankful for the sacrifices all those years.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:He's just helping me out of sheer human kindness because he's a good guy.

So you saying he was less than represented because I received no commission?

He simply cancelled his plan through an inept government website who was not suppose to do it. Anyone who has called them after they have been signed up has always been referred back to the insurance company and the government does not help. In this case some dumb ass under trained person said it was cancelled immediately. After thinking about this whole thing they probably did not do a thing and placed him on hold to get rid of him. That is how this works with them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:No good or bad, just after paying huge monthly premiums for health insurance for thirty years, I am glad we had chosen the boat.....it was not easy when the kids were younger, but now I am very thankful for the sacrifices all those years.

I'm very happy for you that you chose the "boat" when you were as young as I was. And you are to be commended for it.
But as you can see from what's been on the news of late, the typical 30 year old just doesn't have health insurance as a big priority.

In my case that doesn't adequately explain it though. I was told I was buying a "major medical policy like Blue Cross except that it wouldn't pay for the routine stuff like doctor office visits. That it was only protection against the medical bills we can't afford to pay out of our pockets and that's why the premiums are not as expensive".

Unfortunately, like most 30 year olds, I was not yet sophisticated enough to know that insurance salesmen, like any other salesmen, do not always tell the truth.

I was one of a great number of trusting people who fell victim to this particular insurance company...

http://www.stuartlaw.us/shopping-for-health-insurance/have-you-been-lsquo-ripped-off-rsquo-by-the-mega-life-and-health-insurance-company

2seaoat

So you saying he was less than represented because I received no commission?

No, my comment was in reference to Bob's propensity to find a great deal of pleasure in beating the system and not paying for something, and like the movie he decided to watch without paying, sometimes the movie sucks, and the patron gets what they paid for.....nothing.

Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:It's not cancelled,Bob. You paid until the end of the month.Just call again. You got an idiot.

As of right now,  I'm totally done with obamacare.  I'm not making any more phone calls because my blood pressure will go through the roof and I'll probably have a stroke if I do.

I was without (real) insurance for the last 35 years and now I'm without it again until Feb 1.
I just hope that since my policy was in effect when I did the doctor visit and the lab work,  that will be paid for anyway.  I'm not scheduled for anything else until the first of February.

I doubt if it's cancelled. Hope you don't have an accident or medical crisis for the next week because you didn't want to make a phone call. Just be your luck and you'll have to pay lots of money.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:will do.  thanks,  TG.

TG is a good guy. Funny, too.  Laughing 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I called obamacare back and got a supervisor and just got off the phone with her.
After I had explained the situation,  she said "please give me a few minutes to confer with other supervisors".
When she came back,  she told me there was nothing she could do to help.  But that she was going to "escalate my problem" to higher authorities and asked for a phone number to call me.  She then said "it will take 3 to 5 days" for them to review this.
And then I asked her "do you see anything that confirms whether or not my policy was cancelled as of yesterday".  She said "yes it's showing that you were terminated yesterday".

So now all I can do is wait the three to five days to see what they tell me next.

And this has happened to me all because I watched two movies for the price of one,  carried snacks into a movie theater,  and (according to seaoat) tried to live a frugal life.

In the next life,  if there proves to be a next one,  I will never try to be frugal again.  Lord,  if you are listening and you let me have another life,  I give you my word of honor that I will never try to save any money again.   Just like your good subject seaoat does,  I will always pay the highest price I can find for anything I buy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:I called obamacare back and got a supervisor and just got off the phone with her.
After I had explained the situation,  she said "please give me a few minutes to confer with other supervisors".
When she came back,  she told me there was nothing she could do to help.  But that she was going to "escalate my problem" to higher authorities and asked for a phone number to call me.  She then said "it will take 3 to 5 days" for them to review this.
And then I asked her "do you see anything that confirms whether or not my policy was cancelled as of yesterday".  She said "yes it's showing that you were terminated yesterday".

So now all I can do is wait the three to five days to see what they tell me next.

And this has happened to me all because I watched two movies for the price of one,  carried snacks into a movie theater,  and (according to seaoat) tried to live a frugal life.

In the next life,  if there proves to be a next one,  I will never try to be frugal again.  Lord,  if you are listening and you let me have another life,  I give you my word of honor that I will never try to save any money again.   Just like your good subject seaoat does,  I will always pay the highest price I can find for anything I buy.

Yikes, she is going to esclate your problems!

Damn Bob, do you think Seaoat or FT's daughter told them about your personal activities?
This could be very bad for you. What if they own stock in movie theaters or a commercial popcorn company? You are toast.

2seaoat

Bob,

You have one week to register for medicare. My point is that we are paying over a 1200 a month now and have paid higher when the kids were on the policy, yet you pay about 400 a month and think you were going to get coverage. I DO NOT THINK FRUGAL IS THE ISSUE. Delusional risk taking and a pathological resistance to pay for things seem to have taken over your rational decision making. I am sure it has made you a great deal of money, but at some point your choices have consequences.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  may I ask you just this one question.

About the person on the phone who canceled me effective yesterday when I had already emphatically told her I wanted to be canceled as of Jan 31st?

Is she in no way responsible for what has happened?  Does she get NONE of the blame?  Is it ALL my fault because I watched that fucking movie?

dumpcare

Bob wrote:I called obamacare back and got a supervisor and just got off the phone with her.

Sorry Bob. We were just discussing your problem here at the office and guess what? You probably will not receive a call back we have found out. If they cancelled you, like they say on the 22nd and not back to the first then those claims that are pending may be paid.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

You have one week to  register for medicare.  My point is that we are paying over a 1200 a month now and have paid higher when the kids were on the policy, yet you pay about 400 a month and think you were going to get coverage.  I DO NOT THINK FRUGAL IS THE ISSUE.  Delusional risk taking and a pathological resistance to pay for things seem to have taken over your rational decision making.  I am sure it has made you a great deal of money, but at some point your choices have consequences.....

He already has his card for 2/1 and his supplement in place so he's good there and I believe Bob's total premium was around $1200 per month, he had the best plan and he received one hell of a subsidy.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:Seaoat,  may I ask you just this one question.

About the person on the phone who canceled me effective yesterday when I had already emphatically told her I wanted to be canceled as of Jan 31st?

Is she in no way responsible for what has happened?  Does she get NONE of the blame?  Is it ALL my fault because I watched that fucking movie?

It is her fault, I cannot believe they didn't ask for you to fax a signed letter to cancel, hell anyone could have called them up and said I'm RW and want to cancel my policy. We are not allowed to cancel someone that calls in unless we have a signed letter from them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I decided this morning that I'm going to start recording all my phone calls from now on.   If I had already been doing that and I played that phone call from yesterday for a judge in small claims court he would hear the evidence in no uncertain terms that the ignorant moron got it screwed up.
Without that,  it's only my word against hers (and she'll lie about it) and I probably would lose.

But if I have to pay those medical bills out of my pocket (on top of the insurance premium),  I am definitely going to file a claim against both the government and the insurance company and plead my case anyway.  And when I do I'm going to contact all the right-wing media including Fox News and try to get them interested in it.

dumpcare

I just looked at your qwest claim again, I didn't notice last night it says your plan is a blue choice, not so, your plan is a blue options, we haven't sold blue choice plans for years. I can't figure out why it is still pending unless it has something to do with obamacare, once a claim is submitted you can see within days the disposition.

I don't think you'll get anywhere trying in small claims court against the govt or the insurance company.

But you may be able to get booked on Rush to tell your story. lol! lol! 

Like I said if they did not cancel back to Jan 1 and did cancel 1/22, your claims were before the date of cancellation. Hell I never saw a claim from the doc who gave you the physical. Even though it's free he/she needed to file.

Your nightmare isn't the only ones we've seen dealing with healthcare.gov and the answers they give out.

dumpcare

Hey, you might need long term care insurance after this whole ordeal and guess what?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Blue Cross's admin support sucked before Obamacare.  This is not a new thing.

The last time I changed jobs, I switched insurance plans.  Each job provided insurance through Blue Cross, though I still had to switch plans.  That was seemingly impossible.  Blue Cross told me that they would have to first mail me a letter that stated I was switching plans, so that I could mail it back to them informing them that I am switching plans, so that they would then be aware of the fact that I am switching plans.  

"You realize that you are still my insurance provider, right?"

That didn't matter.  They insisted it had to be this way.  They would mail me something that I could then mail back to them.  This of course never happened.  It took several phone calls letting them know I hadn't receive their document in the mail.

Once that was all sorted out, they sent me another letter stating they weren't going to cover anything for the first year.  Why?  Because I failed to prove to them that I had insurance coverage prior to the new plan with Blue Cross - even they they were my provider prior to that plan.  

A call to Blue Cross revealed the next step in sorting this out.  Blue Cross would mail me proof that I had insurance with Blue Cross, so that I could then mail that proof back to Blue Cross, thus informing Blue Cross that I did in fact have prior coverage....which happened to be with Blue Cross.

"But you see both plans in your system, right?  You see that, not only did I have insurance prior to my current plan, but that it was with you, right?"

But, alas.  They insisted this was how it had to be.  After waiting weeks for the next document, I called back to inform them that it never actually went out.  The rep on the phone was shocked?

"What?!  Oh!  Yeah.  You don't have to go through all that.  I'll just take that hold off now"

This was 6 years ago, when Obamacare was just a twinkle in the eye of politics.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Blue Cross's admin support sucked before Obamacare.  This is not a new thing.

The last time I changed jobs, I switched insurance plans.  Each job provided insurance through Blue Cross, though I still had to switch plans.  That was seemingly impossible.  Blue Cross told me that they would have to first mail me a letter that stated I was switching plans, so that I could mail it back to them informing them that I am switching plans, so that they would then be aware of the fact that I am switching plans.  

"You realize that you are still my insurance provider, right?"

That didn't matter.  They insisted it had to be this way.  They would mail me something that I could then mail back to them.  This of course never happened.  It took several phone calls letting them know I hadn't receive their document in the mail.

Once that was all sorted out, they sent me another letter stating they weren't going to cover anything for the first year.  Why?  Because I failed to prove to them that I had insurance coverage prior to the new plan with Blue Cross - even they they were my provider prior to that plan.  

A call to Blue Cross revealed the next step in sorting this out.  Blue Cross would mail me proof that I had insurance with Blue Cross, so that I could then mail that proof back to Blue Cross, thus informing Blue Cross that I did in fact have prior coverage....which happened to be with Blue Cross.

"But you see both plans in your system, right?  You see that, not only did I have insurance prior to my current plan, but that it was with you, right?"

But, alas.  They insisted this was how it had to be.  After waiting weeks for the next document, I called back to inform them that it never actually went out.  The rep on the phone was shocked?

"What?!  Oh!  Yeah.  You don't have to go through all that.  I'll just take that hold off now"

This was 6 years ago, when Obamacare was just a twinkle in the eye of politics.

Well written....you made me laugh.....but you do know Obamacare has nothing to do with morons that manage phone calls. Best bet is to drop by a BCBS office.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum