Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My personal obamacare nightmare

+6
2seaoat
no stress
Yella
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1My personal obamacare nightmare Empty My personal obamacare nightmare 1/22/2014, 7:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a Blue Cross obamacare policy for the month of January.
I was told to be sure and call to tell them I'm cancelling the policy at the end of the month.   I did that today.   And what resulted is beyond belief.

I called the phone number on my Blue Cross insurance card.
I was on hold for 15 minutes waiting for a human.
Finally a human answered.  She said she needed to transfer me to another department because they were the only ones who can cancel an obamacare policy.
I was put on hold again. This time for 35 more minutes.
And this time when a human answered,  she told me her's was not the department I needed and that she was going to transfer me to an even different department.
I said "lady I've already been on the phone for almost an hour,  if you transfer me again and I'm told that STILL isn't the correct department,  I'm going to kill myself".  
She responded by telling me that she would take my phone number and when the human in that department was on the line,  she would call and connect me.
She called back in about 20 minutes and she asks me "did you use the government website to purchase your insurance?"  I said "I used a Blue Cross agent and he used the government website".  She said because of that,  that nobody at Blue Cross could accept my cancellation.  That I have to use the government website to cancel.

I just visited the government website and logged in.  There is absolutely no way to cancel a policy using that website.

I've already received a bill for the next month on the policy.  And there is no way to cancel it.   Which means that when I don't pay the next month's premium,  they will turn me over to a collection agency.

I hope obama, sebelius and the CEO of Blue Cross all die a horrible death tonight from natural causes.  And I want to emphasize a NATURAL DEATH if the NSA is reading this.  Natural,  but very painful and very horrible.

lol! 

Bob wrote:I have a Blue Cross obamacare policy for the month of January.
I was told to be sure and call to tell them I'm cancelling the policy at the end of the month.   I did that today.   And what resulted is beyond belief.

Finally a human answered.  She said she needed to transfer me to another department because they were the only ones who can cancel an obamacare policy.
And this time when a human answered,  she told me her's was not the department I needed and that she was going to transfer me to an even different department.
I said "lady I've already been on the phone for almost an hour,  if you transfer me again and I'm told that STILL isn't the correct department,  I'm going to kill myself".  
She responded by telling me that she would take my phone number and when the human in that department was on the line,  she would call and connect me.
She called back in about 20 minutes and she asks me "did you use the government website to purchase your insurance?"  I said "I used a Blue Cross agent and he used the government website".  She said because of that,  that nobody at Blue Cross could accept my cancellation.  That I have to use the government website to cancel.

I just visited the government website and logged in.  There is absolutely no way to cancel a policy using that website.

I've already received a bill for the next month on the policy.  And there is no way to cancel it.   Which means that when I don't pay the next month's premium,  they will turn me over to a collection agency.

I hope obama, sebelius and the CEO of Blue Cross all die a horrible death tonight from natural causes.  And I want to emphasize a NATURAL DEATH if the NSA is reading this.  Natural,  but very painful and very horrible.

Just call the marketplace and cancel,Bob. I've had a lot of difficulty w/ BC/BS's phone system in getting correct info.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Just call the marketplace and cancel,Bob. I've had a lot of difficulty w/ BC/BS's phone system in getting correct info.

lol! 

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

lol! 

Moron: BC/BS problems have nothing to do w/ Obamacare.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

............................................. lol! ..............................................

dumpcare

I laugh at the system, not you Bob. If you have a bill you simply don't pay it and it will cancel. You will receive cancellation notices from BC for a few months or you can call me tomorrow and I will tell you what to put in a letter and bring it to me and we will send it up to them for you.  Also you cannot have that policy when you go on Medicare Feb 1 anyway.

Last edited by ppaca on 1/24/2014, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

lol! 

Well the incompetence you are right, but obamacare very much so has something to do the way these are handled.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My personal obamacare nightmare Obamacare-meme

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 1/22/2014, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:I laugh at the system, not you Bob. If you have a bill you simply don't pay it (no collection agency involved for not paying health insurance) and it will cancel. You will receive cancellation notices from BC for a few months or you can call me tomorrow and I will tell you what to put in a letter and bring it to me and we will send it up to them for you.  Also you cannot have that policy when you go on Medicare Feb 1 anyway.

Yes, you are on old forever with them. Our customer service manager now spends at least 5 hours of her day on the phone with them trying to solve problems with these policy's. Hell most of my clients have not received a bill for February and are trying to pay online and that doesn't work.

If you receive a subsidy you have 90 days grace to pay premium before automatic cancellation and the insurance company is required to pay your claims for only the first 30 days.

At least your policy worked, if you remember my personal email most were not working or their id number's would not be recognized when going to the doctor or purchasing prescriptions.

I just found this phone number...

https://www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/

As soon as I see some of channel 3 news I'll call it and see what happens.
Will report back. lol

p.s. yes up until this everything has worked very well. The card worked at the doctor's office and at Qwest.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My personal obamacare nightmare 21NewTaxes

dumpcare

I hope obama, sebelius and the CEO of Blue Cross all die a horrible death tonight from natural causes.  And I want to emphasize a NATURAL DEATH if

the NSA is reading this.  Natural,  but very painful and very horrible.

Just sent you an email. I'm sure obama and sebelius wants the insurance company's to die a slow painful death.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:I laugh at the system, not you Bob. If you have a bill you simply don't pay it (no collection agency involved for not paying health insurance) and it will cancel. You will receive cancellation notices from BC for a few months or you can call me tomorrow and I will tell you what to put in a letter and bring it to me and we will send it up to them for you.  Also you cannot have that policy when you go on Medicare Feb 1 anyway.

Yes, you are on old forever with them. Our customer service manager now spends at least 5 hours of her day on the phone with them trying to solve problems with these policy's. Hell most of my clients have not received a bill for February and are trying to pay online and that doesn't work.

If you receive a subsidy you have 90 days grace to pay premium before automatic cancellation and the insurance company is required to pay your claims for only the first 30 days.

At least your policy worked, if you remember my personal email most were not working or their id number's would not be recognized when going to the doctor or purchasing prescriptions.

I just found this phone number...

https://www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/

As soon as I see some of channel 3 news I'll call it and see what happens.
Will report back.  lol

p.s.  yes up until this everything has worked very well.  The card worked at the doctor's office and at Qwest.

I doubt it works or anyone with a brain will answer. lol! lol! 

ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

lol! 

Well the incompetence you are right, but obamacare very much so has something to do the way these are handled.

How is that? If I bought a policy from BC/BS absent Obamcare I would still have the same problems w/ them?

dumpcare

Not normally you wouldn't, but there are always exception's. lol! lol! 

Call Obama, he'll jump right on them or change a rule right in mid stream.

Doesn't your prescription part of the policy work? If you had gone through an agency you would still have the same problem but a person to sit on the phone for you and get in straightened out, usually within 24 hours.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

For Flotex...

My personal obamacare nightmare Bush-makes-me-cry_o_188

ppaca wrote:Not normally you wouldn't, but there are always exception's. lol! lol! 

Call Obama, he'll jump right on them or change a rule right in mid stream.

Doesn't your prescription part of the policy work? If you had gone through an agency you would still have the same problem but a person to sit on the phone for you and get in straightened out, usually within 24 hours.

You haven't stated how Obamacare affects BC/BS. And yes my card worked for my prescriptions.

dumpcare

It all goes back to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsGTx22rFOI

BTW if you purchased a silver like I think you had said the policy is different than if you purchased a silver plan off exchange, you have better cost sharing and that would be how it affected your policy. I am glad your prescriptions worked good this month.  lol! lol! lol! 

dumpcare

And all these whether you need them or not: with the exception of pediatric dental and vision

Outpatient care—the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital
Trips to the emergency room
Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
Care before and after your baby is born
Mental health and substance use disorder services: This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy
Your prescription drugs
Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and more.
Your lab tests
Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease.
Pediatric services: This includes dental care and vision care for kids

ppaca wrote:It all goes back to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsGTx22rFOI

BTW if you purchased a silver like I think you had said the policy is different than if you purchased a silver plan off exchange, you have better cost sharing and that would be how it affected your policy. I am glad your prescriptions worked good this month.  lol! lol! lol! 

OK... so again how does Obamacare affect BC/BS's poor customer service? You're talking about something totally different.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I am now totally and royally fucked.

I called the healthcare.gov phone number.
A woman answered. I told her I was giving notice of cancellation of a policy.
That I wanted to cancel the policy at the end of January because I was medicare age starting Feb 1.
She could not understand why I had the policy for only one month. I explained that when obamacare went into effect that I bought it for one month until I was eligible for medicare.
She then tells me that I have to wait until AFTER Jan 1 to cancel.
I said "lady I have been informed that I need to give advance notice of cancellation". She then says "let me put you on hold while I try to figure out how to do this".
She then comes back on the line and says "I have cancelled your policy".
I say "is it cancelled as of right now?". She says "yes".
I say "lady I clearly told you I wanted it cancelled at the end of the month".
I said "get a supervisor on the phone now because you have screwed me up badly, I need that insurance to pay medical bills until the end of the month".
There was a long pause and then she said "okay". It sounded like I was on hold for about a minute and then the call hung up on me.

Now I have no insurance. I don't know if the doctor and lab work will be paid for. And if I have a medical emergency between now and the end of the month I will be paying out of my pocket again.

dumpcare

Well if you would have read this post that I replied to you on page 1 of this thread you will see I clearly agreed with the incompetence.

Well the incompetence you are right, but obamacare very much so has something to do the way these are handle.

Why don't you just trot over to the Blue Retail store on 9th and Airport and see if they can solve whatever problem you may have. It does no good to call an agency, when they find out you went direct they will direct you to the phone number you have been calling.

Last edited by ppaca on 1/24/2014, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:lol! 

Not nice, chrissy, Bob has a legitimate problem and his illness is NOT funny. I'm
disapointed in your response.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

It's not cancelled,Bob. You paid until the end of the month.Just call again. You got an idiot.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:I am now totally and royally fucked.

I called the healthcare.gov phone number.
A woman answered.  I told her I was giving notice of cancellation of a policy.
That I wanted to cancel the policy at the end of January because I was medicare age starting Feb 1.
She could not understand why I had the policy for only one month.  I explained that when obamacare went into effect that I bought it for one month until I was eligible for medicare.
She then tells me that I have to wait until AFTER Jan 1 to cancel.
I said "lady I have been informed that I need to give advance notice of cancellation".  She then says "let me put you on hold while I try to figure out how to do this".
She then comes back on the line and says "I have cancelled your policy".
I say "is it cancelled as of right now?".  She says "yes".
I say "lady I clearly told you I wanted it cancelled at the end of the month".
I said "get a supervisor on the phone now because you have screwed me up badly,  I need that insurance to pay medical bills until the end of the month".
There was a long pause and then she said "okay".  It sounded like I was on hold for about a minute and then the call hung up on me.

Now I have no insurance.  I don't know if the doctor and lab work will be paid for.  And if I have a medical emergency between now and the end of the month I will be paying out of my pocket again.

Bob, all we needed was that letter man. They are completely incompetent at that number. Do you know how to check your EOB's online to see if by chance everyone has been paid? Of course if that dildo at healthcare.gov cancelled you back to Jan 1 you are screwed and it will take an act of God to get your premium back. You see the way the govt pays the insurance company's or rather when is not going to be until February for the January premium. Call me tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum