Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1.3 million americans on unemployment will lose benefits on December 28th

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Maybe it's time to get a job... 26 weeks is atleast twice as long as it should be. Nice idea... abused to ruin.

So today we have a current level of aggregate demand, part of which consists of 1.3 million people receiving unemployment benefits, and that level of demand is being met by our current labor force.

If we eliminate unemployment benefits for 1.3 million people, effectively reducing aggregate demand, do you think a larger or smaller labor force will be required to meet that new, lower level of demand?

And your brilliant idea is "get a job"? Ah, yes! Invisible-hand-god worshipers! Even though it makes absolutely no sense to anyone with even a semesters worth of introductory level economics courses....shit'll just work itself out, right?

2seaoat

1. The employer pays one half of the FICA taxes at 7.65% (Medicare is 1.45% - OASDI is 6.2%)
2. The employer pays Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) which is calculated at .8% of the first $7000 of employee wages - works out to $56 per employee per year if they make over $7000.00.
3. The employer pays State Unemployment Taxes - rates and amount vary by State.

The remaineder of the taxes are withheld from the emplyees paychecks.

If these taxes were not collected and paid, the employees would be getting the same.

2seaoat wrote: 1. The employer pays one half of the FICA taxes at 7.65% (Medicare is 1.45% - OASDI is 6.2%)
2. The employer pays Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) which is calculated at .8% of the first $7000 of employee wages - works out to $56 per employee per year if they make over $7000.00.
3. The employer pays State Unemployment Taxes - rates and amount vary by State.

The remaineder of the taxes are withheld from the emplyees paychecks.

If these taxes were not collected and paid, the employees would be getting the same.

Like I said. THE EMPLOYER PAYS THE TAX. I gave you the IRS link Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

Like I said. THE EMPLOYER PAYS THE TAX. I gave you the IRS link

The employees pay the tax with lower wages which reflect the net the employer pays his employees after deductions. Yes, I paid my quarterlies, but had the UE and state rates been reduced my employee checks would have increased..........sorry my dear those hard working Americans who find themselves unemployed most certainly paid the premiums with the lower net wages given after the employer sends the quarterlies to Uncle Sam. This is not welfare, but an insurance plan of employees who have less wages because of the premiums paid by their employer.

Sal wrote:More economic sabotage by the party of treason.

Since this has yet to be enacted into law, let's let the Senate's vote determine just who it is that is providing "economic sabotage".  Remember, the Senate is controlled by the Democrats; the Senate president is Harry Reid (D).  If it passes, it will be at the Democrats' doing.

2seaoat

Since this has yet to be enacted into law, let's let the Senate's vote determine just who it is that is providing "economic sabotage". Remember, the Senate is controlled by the Democrats; the Senate president is Harry Reid (D). If it passes, it will be at the Democrats' doing.

It is a compromise bill which the House who has been holding this country hostage and it now has been confirmed......this do nothing congress broke all previous records. A bill was introduced in the house to apply the 30 billion of Agriculture subsidy which both parties agree should have been cut.....but the house bill only has 10 billion in the final house Agriculture Bill which means to simply let the house vote on making those additional cuts where there is agreement and apply the same to the 25 billion dollar bill for unemployment, and the House Republican leadership did not let this bill get out of committee and be voted by the entire house where Republicans and Democrats support the same. Again.....everybody in their budget proposals agreed that there should be 30 billion cuts in Ag subsidies.....but the final bill out of the House only had 10 billion.....guaranteeing the fat cats do not have their subsidy much reduced, while working Americans are thrown to the wolves, and you want to blame Harry Reid.......really....you are comfortable with that logic....you are comfortable with farm subsidy, yet believe that someone who has lost their job should have their unemployment benefits cut while corporate farms get billions in subsidy.

2seaoat wrote:Like I said. THE EMPLOYER PAYS THE TAX. I gave you the IRS link

The employees pay the tax with lower wages which reflect the net the employer pays his employees after deductions.   Yes, I paid my quarterlies, but had the UE and state rates been reduced my employee checks would have increased..........sorry my dear those hard working Americans who find themselves unemployed most certainly paid the premiums with the lower net wages given after the employer sends the quarterlies to Uncle Sam.  This is not welfare, but an insurance plan of employees who have less wages because of the premiums paid by their employer.

You are a idiot. And further more you continue to try this lame argument. It doesnt matter what excuses you use as a employer use to lower someones wages. The facts are this tax is paid by the employer, NOT the employee. A employer pays a lot of things, he also pays the electric bill, overhead etc etc , do you take that out of the employees salary? No you dont. And to say people are paying this tax is WRONG. They took a job that paid a salary, whatever that salary was.

Now that that is settled. And you understand the worker did not pay into this system, why do you think 26 weeks is not enough time to find a job? That is more than half a year.

How much of a welfare state do you unicorns intend to create?

Can someone please put that picture up of a prison that says , free housing, free food, etc etc lol

talknstang

i feel for those who will lose their benefits. That was my only income source after I lost my job a few years ago other than my VA disability......when mine expired, it was all downhill from there and I was getting shot down job after job for obvious reasons. Hopefully many will be prepared for the inevitable.

Hunger used to be a terrific motivator.

2seaoat

And to say people are paying this tax is WRONG. They took a job that paid a salary, whatever that salary was.

Under your logic the portion of ss tax collected and paid by the employer which was deducted is a payment from the employer because he wrote the check when filing his quarterlies.......well no more than the unemployment, but you are correct the job was created by the employer, and the employers pays wages, but it is the employees who pay the tax just as it is consumers who pay the tax when a corporate tax is increased by paying higher prices, and here getting lower wages. These hard working wage earners through no fault of their own after seeing their wages reduced to pay for unemployment insurance, now see the fat cats getting subsidy from the same pool of money while these benefits are stolen from those who earned the same.......

Read the thread. I am in favor of slowly reducing the benefits to 26 weeks, but only if we have a jobs bill which expands job creation in America with aggressive tax credits......funded from subsidy being lowered and increased tax rates.

2seaoat

Hunger used to be a terrific motivator.

For what starvation? Without the stopping of the systemic theft of American wealth........the only option is starvation for the vast majority of this once great nation who allow smoke and mirrors to confuse central core values of this country. Hunger can be a motivator to correct the corruption in our current system.

talknstang

2seaoat wrote:Hunger used to be a terrific motivator.

For what starvation?   Without the stopping of the systemic theft of American wealth........the only option is starvation for the vast majority of this once great nation who allow smoke and mirrors to confuse central core values of this country.  Hunger can be a motivator to correct the corruption in our current system.
what would Mohatma Ghandi do? lol

2seaoat wrote:And to say people are paying this tax is WRONG. They took a job that paid a salary, whatever that salary was.

Under your logic the portion of ss tax collected and paid by the employer which was deducted is a payment from the employer because he wrote the check when filing his quarterlies.......well no more than the unemployment, but you are correct the job was created by the employer, and the employers pays wages, but it is the employees who pay the tax just as it is consumers who pay the tax when a corporate tax is increased by paying higher prices, and here getting lower wages.  These hard working wage earners through no fault of their own after seeing their wages reduced to pay for unemployment insurance, now see the fat cats getting subsidy from the same pool of money while these benefits are stolen from those who earned the same.......

Read the thread.  I am in favor of slowly reducing the benefits to 26 weeks, but only if we have a jobs bill which expands job creation in America with aggressive tax credits......funded from subsidy being lowered and increased tax rates.

its NOT MY logic. Its the IRS.

You just cant admit you over spoke when its obvious to every single one here.

and if you are in favor of reducing the benefit at ANY time, even if it is in the furture then how can you support the outrage that its ending for these people? There will ALWAYS be millions of people on unemplyment who will be crying when you take it away.

2seaoat

I did not over speak. I said exactly what I meant and what others mean when they say wage earners PAY for those premiums with reduced wages. They worked for that coverage. Slackers do not get unemployment. They need to qualify. You turn hardworking Americans into welfare folks because they have been laid off.....you are the problem. They paid every penny of those premiums with hard work and sacrifice, yet you want to take their money and give 20 billion more of subsidy to Corporate farms.......I suppose you will argue that a flyer from the IRS justifies the theft.

READ MY LIPS......THE FOLKS WHO EARNED THOSE WAGES PAID THE PREMIUMS THROUGH LOWER WAGES. I have filled out quarterlies for 32 years and it is my employees who earned those rights to unemployment insurance......not some damn corporate welfare queens.

talknstang

not only that, but now they want to take away from retired military pay? wow, I know my pops isn't too happy about that.....what's next? well they can't take away from me any more than they already have so I guess I am safe, except for the fact i am being evicted. WOOHOO

2seaoat wrote:I did not over speak. I said exactly what I meant and what others mean when they say wage earners PAY for those premiums with reduced wages. They worked for that coverage. Slackers do not get unemployment. They need to qualify. You turn hardworking Americans into welfare folks because they have been laid off.....you are the problem. They paid every penny of those premiums with hard work and sacrifice, yet you want to take their money and give 20 billion more of subsidy to Corporate farms.......I suppose you will argue that a flyer from the IRS justifies the theft.

READ MY LIPS......THE FOLKS WHO EARNED THOSE WAGES PAID THE PREMIUMS THROUGH LOWER WAGES. I have filled out quarterlies for 32 years and it is my employees who earned those rights to unemployment insurance......not some damn corporate welfare queens.

Wouldn't that also include the benefit of employer contribution to employee healthcare coverage? That benefit is being stripped by obamacare... who will benefit? Remember... that was implemented to compensate from fdr wage and price controls.

2seaoat

The employer pays one half of the FICA taxes at 7.65% (Medicare is 1.45% - OASDI is 6.2%)

Raise the fica taxes from 7.65% to 10% with 2.35% going to medicare for all. Implement a 3% national sales tax which is constant. Use a three year baseline. If after three years there are surplus or deficit after applying the receipts from the sales tax. You adjust the FICA for another three year period.

Medicare for all is that easy. The employers and employees face a 1.17% increase when combined with the sales tax receipts. The GSA makes non political three year moving average decisions on FICA funding based on sales tax actual receipts. In good times the FICA would go down, and in tight times it would go up so you would have to build in a statutory reserve which cushions increases in a recession cycle.

In total... the actual tax payers that are home owners... pay close to 50% in taxes, fees, edicts... etc. Business owners even more... and god forbid you are self-employed or live in the more needy states and cities. Just more govt solutions from you.

2seaoat wrote:I did not over speak.  I said exactly what I meant and what others mean when they say wage earners PAY for those premiums with reduced wages.  They worked for that coverage.  Slackers do not get unemployment.   They need to qualify.  You turn hardworking Americans into welfare folks because they have been laid off.....you are the problem.  They paid every penny of those premiums with hard work and sacrifice, yet you want to take their money and give 20 billion more of subsidy to Corporate farms.......I suppose you will argue that a flyer from the IRS justifies the theft.

READ MY LIPS......THE FOLKS WHO EARNED THOSE WAGES PAID THE PREMIUMS THROUGH LOWER WAGES.   I have filled out quarterlies for 32 years and it is my employees who earned those rights to unemployment insurance......not some damn corporate welfare queens.

Well, I realize you want to CHANGE what you said LOL but let me remind you incase your football injury is acting up. You said this>>>>The folks who paid their unemployment taxes and worked diligently who now find themselves unemployed

Now I realize you would like to just ignore(change) what you said. But Im not going to let you.  Very Happy 

really you just need to be done and accept that you MIS SPOKE.

And as far as unemployment rights lol... it is a benefit they earn by working a set amount of time. And that benefit is NOT paid by them but by you. And a EXTENSION of that benefit damn sure should not be PAID by the TAX PAYERS because you don't feel fuzzy enough.

Im tired of you people coming up with all these fuzzy little unicorn ideas and not figuring out who is going to pay for it. I know who is going to pay for it. The people WORKING. The middle class people, not you high on the hog types who have your loop holes etc etc, no the damn suckers stuck in the middle slaving away while joe blow sits around for 6 god damn months acting like he cant get a job.

6months is enough time to get a job. At least one that pays as well as unemployment.

you welfare state unicorn dreamers are screwing up the country.  Mad 

2seaoat wrote:Like I said. THE EMPLOYER PAYS THE TAX. I gave you the IRS link

The employees pay the tax with lower wages which reflect the net the employer pays his employees after deductions.   Yes, I paid my quarterlies, but had the UE and state rates been reduced my employee checks would have increased..........sorry my dear those hard working Americans who find themselves unemployed most certainly paid the premiums with the lower net wages given after the employer sends the quarterlies to Uncle Sam.  This is not welfare, but an insurance plan of employees who have less wages because of the premiums paid by their employer.

1.3 million americans on unemployment will lose benefits on December 28th - Page 2 Z

Then pay your employees more so you feel like you're picking up the whole tab, otherwise...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkD_kYkRk3c

Smile 

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2013/12/why-the-feds-low-interest-rate.html

surfnrg

surfnrg

Pkr

I think the fed just started "tapering" this week?

Yep... and there's already talk about interest rates. Bush allowed the interest rate manipulation after the dot com crash... and it got worse after 9/11. There are always unintended consequences with the govt/fed interventions... social, economic, military.

2seaoat

That's a legitimate question. I mean, the Fed is small, in terms of its buying compared to the rest of the world. And it is certainly the case that U.S. Treasuries are a small part of what is a huge global capital market if we think of the global markets of all those different kinds of stocks, all those different kinds of bonds and all those investors who have wealth

The government manipulation is miniscule compared to other market and capital considerations.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Hunger used to be a terrific motivator.

Still is.  Gets people off the couch and down to the government office.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum