Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1.3 million americans on unemployment will lose benefits on December 28th

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

2seaoat

The folks who paid their unemployment taxes and worked diligently who now find themselves unemployed. Merry Christmas.

They had the ability to take some of the farm bill subsidy and apply it to unemployment compensation........finally some folks are looking at the fat cat subsidy.......the middle class has done their share......now the folks sitting on 4 million of paid for farm, and are making 350k a year income off their farm.......the earth will stop if their subsidy drops from 40k a year to 35k a year......ag subsidies need to be attacked.

Sal

Sal

More economic sabotage by the party of treason.

2seaoat

Thirty billion in cuts in ag subsidy by the Republicans and Democrats who agree, yet only 10 billion are in the damn bill.........yet giving 20 billion to fat cat Ag corporations is the choice compared to 25 billion to American workers who have been laid off.........how sick has this country become. Stop the Farm bill at every cost......squeeze out 50 billion of subsidy, and stop transferring the money from the middle class to the 1%..........we are officially insane.

GM is investing 1.3 billion expansion of plants and jobs in Flint Michigan, yet each year we are spending over 500 billion on corporate subsidy which takes American jobs away and creates larger deficits......we need sane people back into government. We need to tie subsidy to job creation for AMERICANS.

2seaoat wrote:The folks who paid their unemployment taxes and worked diligently who now find themselves unemployed.  Merry Christmas.

They had the ability to take some of the farm bill subsidy and apply it to unemployment compensation........finally some folks are looking at the fat cat subsidy.......the middle class has done their share......now the folks sitting on 4 million of paid for farm, and are making 350k a year income off their farm.......the earth will stop if their subsidy drops from 40k a year to 35k a year......ag subsidies need to be attacked.

individulas DO NOT pay unemployment taxes. The EMPLOYER does. I thought you owned a bussiness?

2seaoat

The basic UI system is funded by taxes that employers pay on behalf of their employees.[22] While technically employers pay both the federal and state taxes, economists generally regard the tax as falling on workers on the theory that the dollars employers pay in tax would otherwise go into workers’ paychecks.

I do, and the amounts taken out on their check would go to them, but for the rate we get quarterly. It is their money being withheld and sent to the state.

Maybe it's time to get a job... 26 weeks is atleast twice as long as it should be. Nice idea... abused to ruin.

See how that works seagoat?

I agree with cutting the other subsidies too. It's not the place of govt to encourage or discourage activity. Just to ensure fairness between all players blindly... an unbiased arbitor. This crap gets so damn predictable. A collusion that excludes us.

71.3 million americans on unemployment will lose benefits on December 28th Empty Chrissy 12/16/2013, 7:09 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

I agree. W Chrissy, the employer pays Ui on the quarterly returns. It really doesn't matter who sends the federal government the money unemployment compensation is a FUNDED program. So why in the world would, you stop it?
It smacks of robbing the UC fund and using it elsewhere.

Many states are triggering off federal unemployment because unemployment by their definitions have dropped below 7 percent. This in spite of the fact that true unemployment is much higher, and it is higher now than when fed unemployment was established.

The continuing insult is that many if not most of the long term unemployed are older Americans who were laid off, remember you cannot collect if you quit, or were fired. Age discrimination is real and active.

The obstruction party should be ashamed

2seaoat

We agree on this issue. However, I do not think you cut these programs cold turkey. I think you go from 52 weeks to 48 weeks in 2014. 48 to 44 in 2015. I agree that unemployment should be limited to 26 weeks.

What you call any other program which fills that gap, should be welfare.....not an insurance plan. We just are not using our brain to make small long term cuts, and small long term increases in revenues until we find balanced budgets. This stuff is not that hard....I did not like almost two years of unemployment because it does become a disincentive to work, but 26 weeks to 52 weeks is up for policy debate, but do not make sudden cuts.....it is not smart.

surfnrg

surfnrg

PkrBum wrote:Maybe it's time to get a job... 26 weeks is atleast twice as long as it should be. Nice idea... abused to ruin.

See how that works seagoat?

I agree with cutting the other subsidies too. It's not the place of govt to encourage or discourage activity. Just to ensure fairness between all players blindly... an unbiased arbitor. This crap gets so damn predictable. A collusion that excludes us.

There really is no abuse as you know there are 3 times as many applicants as jobs.

Advertised positions that ordinary people can fill usually see hundreds applying for one or two jobs. There is no data to confirm widespread abuse ,
Remember this is not a welfare program but s funded program

An indefinite eligibility to a fixed program can not stay funded as is.

surfnrg

surfnrg

2seaoat wrote:We agree on this issue.  However, I do not think you cut these programs cold turkey.  I think you go from 52 weeks to 48 weeks in 2014.   48 to 44 in 2015.  I agree that unemployment should be limited to 26 weeks.

What you call any other program which fills that gap, should be welfare.....not an insurance plan.   We just are not using our brain to make small long term cuts, and small long term increases in revenues until we find balanced budgets.  This stuff is not that hard....I did not like almost two years of unemployment because it does become a disincentive to work, but 26 weeks to 52 weeks is up for policy debate, but do not make sudden cuts.....it is not smart.

What is needed is job creation, sadly the charts fl texan has shows that despite the tax cuts given the wealthiest Americans and corporations it has not happened. Hawaii's governor committed to infrastructure improvements employing older unemployed. It has been hugely successful and Hawaii triggered off fed unemployment. Florida did on 12/14

2seaoat wrote:The basic UI system is funded by taxes that employers pay on behalf of their employees.[22]   While technically employers pay both the federal and state taxes, economists generally regard the tax as falling on workers on the theory that the dollars employers pay in tax would otherwise go into workers’ paychecks.

I do, and the amounts taken out on their check would go to them, but for the rate we get quarterly.   It is their money being withheld and sent to the state.

You are an idiot sir and if you are taking anything out of your employees salary for this you re also a crook.

The Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA), with state unemployment systems, provides for payments of unemployment compensation to workers who have lost their jobs. Most employers pay both a Federal and a state unemployment tax. A list of state unemployment tax agencies, including addresses and phone numbers, is available in Publication 926, Household Employer's Tax Guide. Only the employer pays FUTA tax; it is not deducted from the employee's wages. For more information, refer to the Instructions for Form 940 (PDF).

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Federal-Unemployment-Tax

surfnrg wrote:
2seaoat wrote:We agree on this issue.  However, I do not think you cut these programs cold turkey.  I think you go from 52 weeks to 48 weeks in 2014.   48 to 44 in 2015.  I agree that unemployment should be limited to 26 weeks.

What you call any other program which fills that gap, should be welfare.....not an insurance plan.   We just are not using our brain to make small long term cuts, and small long term increases in revenues until we find balanced budgets.  This stuff is not that hard....I did not like almost two years of unemployment because it does become a disincentive to work, but 26 weeks to 52 weeks is up for policy debate, but do not make sudden cuts.....it is not smart.

What is needed is job creation, sadly the charts fl texan has shows that despite the tax cuts given the wealthiest Americans and corporations it has not happened. Hawaii's governor committed to infrastructure improvements employing older unemployed. It has been hugely successful and Hawaii triggered off fed unemployment. Florida did on 12/14

Now just would those evil greedy corporations who you would like to create some jobs do that when they just got hit with a bigger tax burden, a more involved healthcare tax and a president who absolutely wants to rip the guts right out of them out of one side of his mouth while feeding the wallstreet QE?

Or is it the trickle UP small business man your thinking should provide all these jobs?

surfnrg

surfnrg

What the figures and data show is that trickle down economics have not been successful. By percentage of income the middle class still carries the burden.

2seaoat

We do quarterly 941s and we most certainly would be increasing an employee check if the amount was less. When you fill one out, call me an idiot.

2seaoat wrote:We do quarterly 941s and we most certainly would be increasing an employee check if the amount was less.  When you fill one out, call me an idiot.

LOL back stepping already.

so now all of a sudden these people aint paying taxes are they? Youre just one of those greedy ass bastards that wont give em a raise because you have to pay unemployment ins LOL  Wink 

surfnrg wrote:What the figures and data show is that trickle down economics have not been successful.  By percentage of income the middle class still carries the burden.

well there sure as hell was MORE middle class under the trickle down theory than there is under the trickle up unicorn method.

2seaoat

I was a vocal proponent of trickle down and any thinking human being can clearly identify 1982 as the period that the median income began dropping, our debt increasing, and our economic policies completely failing for the American Middle Class. As a life long Republican, I was wrong. Targeted job credits work. In the early eighties I would hire an employee who was on welfare, and for the first year 50% of the wages came back as a tax credit and the following year 25% as my training was compensated and the employee left my employment with skills. We need to increase the tax rates, lower the estate tax exclusion, reel in subsidy for large corporations and the wealthy, and we need to have subsidy tied to domestic job creation.....in ten years we could be building our middle class.

2seaoat

LOL back stepping already.

so now all of a sudden these people aint paying taxes are they? Youre just one of those greedy ass bastards that wont give em a raise because you have to pay unemployment ins LOL Wink

Sorry this is not like golf.....I cannot give you a couple strokes to help you comprehend.....but an increase in the tax means less net income form my employees, and a decrease means more money for the employees. Every single employee is paying for unemployment insurance. You are not a scratch golfer.

surfnrg

surfnrg

2seaoat wrote:I was a vocal proponent of trickle down and any thinking human being can clearly identify 1982 as the period that the median income began dropping, our debt increasing, and our economic policies completely failing for the American Middle Class.  As a life long Republican, I was wrong.   Targeted job credits work.   In the early eighties I would hire an employee who was on welfare, and for the first year 50% of the wages came back as a tax credit and the following year 25% as my training was compensated and the employee left my employment with skills.  We need to increase the tax rates, lower the estate tax exclusion, reel in subsidy for large corporations and the wealthy, and we need to have subsidy tied to domestic job creation.....in ten years we could be building our middle class.

I agree with most of this assessment, not necessarily the dates nonetheless a good post

surfnrg

surfnrg

I do think it important to reiterate EUC is NOT welfare and that a disproportionate amount of the long term unemployed are older
Workers who do have marketable skills already.

2seaoat wrote:LOL back stepping already.

so now all of a sudden these people aint paying taxes are they? Youre just one of those greedy ass bastards that wont give em a raise because you have to pay unemployment ins LOL  Wink

Sorry this is not like golf.....I cannot give you a couple strokes to help you comprehend.....but an increase in the tax means less net income form my employees, and a decrease means more money for the employees.  Every single employee is paying for unemployment insurance.   You are not a scratch golfer.

I don't play golf. Golf is for boring people as far as Im concerned.

fact is , now get this golfer man. FACT is you said people were paying unemployment taxes. I called you on it. They do NOT.

Now go pick up your little ball, get in your teeny cart and ride over to the next hole LOL

I'll be waiting there for you on my large 4 wheeler carrying my verbal bat Razz 

2seaoat wrote:The folks who paid their unemployment taxes and worked diligently who now find themselves unemployed.  Merry Christmas.

just to remind you in case your old football injury has given you amnesia LOL

And not one person has knocked on my door this year asking if I need my lawn mowed or my car washed. I would gladly pay someone with a little ambition to do some work around the house. Outdoors, of course.

Markle

Markle

surfnrg wrote:What the figures and data show is that trickle down economics have not been successful.  By percentage of income the middle class still carries the burden.

Nothing you posted is supported by the facts.

Please show us how the middle income households "carry the burden".  What burden?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum