Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quality controls are part of the PPACA

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Another part of the PPACA is to improve patient safety and satisfation.
Some hospitals are not doing as well as others. Read more:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/11/15/245254951/medicare-penalizes-nearly-1-500-hospitals-for-poor-quality-scores

You can check all our local hospitals. See, there are very good parts of this law which nobody can argue. Why is it that the only answer to some people is just to scrap the entire law? There are many good parts to it.
Thanks for your time.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

We already had CLIA, AHCA, HCAPS, HIPAA and a SLEW of other quality control monitors. Each of the organizations and regulatory processes mentioned above come with THOUSANDS of regulations. THOUSANDS.

I can say one thing for sure. They have pretty much covered ever single thing they can now to TRY AND REDUCE PAYMENT. Because that is what this is about.

Dont expect a reduction in errors. Not with staff being cut while operations cost continue skyrocket.

I suggest you pick on subjects youre familiar with.

CarlSagan wrote:Another part of the PPACA is to improve patient safety and satisfation.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/11/15/245254951/medicare-penalizes-nearly-1-500-hospitals-for-poor-quality-scores

You can check all our local hospitals. See, there are very good parts of this law which nobody can argue. Why is it that the only answer to some people is just to scrap the entire law? There are many good parts to it.
Thanks for your time.
Quality controls are part of the PPACA Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsoUHRcYStNP595COJkNUv3IPOP1oCaqu2WNnGUtityAo50Hl-

There obviously wasn't any quality control when they were writing this grand legislative fiasco up since there's already 33,000 plus pages that no one has read that require a complete rework and most likely another 33,000 plus pages that no one will read to correct the first 33,000 plus pages that no one has read.

Thanks.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Laughing

4Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty coming from you..... 11/15/2013, 4:16 pm

Chrissy wrote:You really have no idea what you are talking about.

We already had CLIA, AHCA, HCAPS, HIPAA and a SLEW of other quality control monitors. Each of the organizations and regulatory processes mentioned above come with THOUSANDS of regulations. THOUSANDS.
I can say one thing for sure. They have pretty much covered ever single thing they can now to TRY AND REDUCE PAYMENT. Because that is what this is about.
Dont expect a reduction in errors. Not with staff being cut while operations cost continue skyrocket.
Well, I consider the source. And you are not a credible source judging by the crapola you type on here, daily.
My point is that there are many good parts to this law that will make a difference and cut costs, so why does the entire thing have to be scrapped? Why cannot we just fix what needs to be fixed?
Oh, I forgot. We are talking about the black guy, here. We cannot just fix what he does: it must entirely be thrown out.
I wonder if the U.S. Constitution was treated in this manner?
No, it has been amended no less than 27 times.
Thanks for making my point.
BTW, I notice no avatar, Chrissy? Why is that?
LOL

5Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty Thank you. 11/15/2013, 4:19 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:Another part of the PPACA is to improve patient safety and satisfation.

Thanks for your time.
Quality controls are part of the PPACA Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsoUHRcYStNP595COJkNUv3IPOP1oCaqu2WNnGUtityAo50Hl-
There obviously wasn't any quality control when they were writing this grand legislative fiasco up since there's already 33,000 plus pages that no one has read that require a complete rework and most likely another 33,000 plus pages that no one will read to correct the first 33,000 plus pages that no one has read.
Thanks.
*****CHUCKLE*****
Laughing
Better late than never. Obviously, reform of this size and magnitude is going to require text. I just do not understand why we cannot even try to fix it.
Why does it have to be totally thrown out?
Our current system is broken, which nobody can argue.
Thanks, again, Mr. D. Eagle.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wow what a novel concept.....a patient satisfaction survey. Who would have guessed this revelation!!!!!!

https://cahps.ahrq.gov/surveys-guidance/hospital/about/Items-in-the-Reporting-Measures-for-the-CAHPS-Hospital-Survey.html

I would rather know about more important medical issues and procedures in a facility rating rather than Gee, did your nurse smile when she entered the room?

CarlSagan wrote:

Well, I consider the source. And you are not a credible source judging by the crapola you type on here, daily.
My point is that there are many good parts to this law that will make a difference and cut costs, so why does the entire thing have to be scrapped? Why cannot we just fix what needs to be fixed?
Oh, I forgot. We are talking about the black guy, here. We cannot just fix what he does: it must entirely be thrown out.
LOL
Chrissy is exactly right. I've worked in healthcare for thirty plus years... she even left out some obvious ones like osha.

It's understandable... there are literally layers and layers. Perhaps you can explain what this simple fact has to do w race?

Nice talking point though... your enthusiasm is an inspiration to cheerleaders everywhere.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:Wow what a novel concept.....a patient satisfaction survey. Who would have guessed this revelation!!!!!!

https://cahps.ahrq.gov/surveys-guidance/hospital/about/Items-in-the-Reporting-Measures-for-the-CAHPS-Hospital-Survey.html

I would rather know about more important medical issues and procedures in a facility rating rather than Gee, did your nurse smile when she entered the room?
Hospitals who have a large number of readmissions will be paid less. That is an incentive to make sure a patient is fully recovered before being discharged.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Wow what a novel concept.....a patient satisfaction survey. Who would have guessed this revelation!!!!!!

Hospitals who have a large number of readmissions will be paid less.  That is an iincentive to make sure a patient is fully recovered before being discharged.  
The survey has absolutely nothing to do with re-admission. Many times patients are discharged early because they do not meet the criteria set by insurance and managed care.

When physicians make rounds.....the case manager is there to discuss the patient. If a doctor does not think a patient is ready for discharge there has to be a medical reason within the criteria to extend the preset hospital visit.

If your nurse was not friendly..... has nothing to do with early discharge.

10Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty Thank you. 11/16/2013, 1:56 pm

PkrBum wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:

We already had CLIA, AHCA, HCAPS, HIPAA and a SLEW of other quality contrBLAH, BLAHs youre familiar with.
LOL
Chrissy is exactly right. I've worked in healthcare for thirty plus years... she even left out some obvious ones like osha.

It's understandable... there are literally layers and layers. Perhaps you can explain what this simple fact has to do w race?

Nice talking point though... your enthusiasm is an inspiration to cheerleaders everywhere.
I am glad you asked, but we will start with the second part in bold.
Why is it if I support anything the sitting President says or does, than I get a nastily sarcastic jab about being a cheerleader and worshiping the greeaaaat Messiah. In your jaded, bigoted eyes, I cannot just agree with the black guy, I must worship him. So sad, really. You never heard this when Dubya when President. You never heard anything about bowing and kissing the messiah's feet. That nasty sarcastic vitriol was not coming from me or any progressive that know. That only started when the black guy was fairly elected by the majority of voting Americans. Which brings me to the first part in bold. Since it is the black guy, then the entire legislation just needs to be totally scrapped. Why cannot it be fixed? If it was something not done by the black guy, then it can be amended and fixed much like the U.S. Constitution. (27 amendments no less)
That is why it is about the black guy. The nasty, sarcastic vitriol that was not present when a white guy was President, and the fact that what the black guy did must just be totally thrown out with the trash unlike how legislation the white guys do which can be fixed and amended.
So sorry I must constantly explain myself over and over.
I keep hoping some sort of logic and reason will kick in at some point.
"Hope in one hand, and crap in the other; see which one fills up first."
Thanks.

11Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty more sarcasm 11/16/2013, 2:04 pm

It is not a revelation, nor did I infer such. But, Joani's nasty response is another example of how it is not possible in your racist, bigoted, jaded eyes to agree with the black guy without worshiping his reverence. I have to get nasty, sarcastic remarks belittling me for wanting what is best for all Americans; a proper healthcare system that is not broken.
People who actually work in healthcare know that little things like nurses and x-ray techs smiling and being nice is very important. Again, your extended time out of the workforce is rearing its ugly head again. You are not knowledgeable in this, so you can keep making yourself look dumb, your choice.
Thanks.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CarlSagan wrote:

It is not a revelation, nor did I infer such. But, Joani's nasty response is another example of how it is not possible in your racist, bigoted, jaded eyes to agree with the black guy without worshiping his reverence. I have to get nasty, sarcastic remarks belittling me for wanting what is best for all Americans; a proper healthcare system that is not broken.
People who actually work in healthcare know that little things like nurses and x-ray techs smiling and being nice is very important. Again, your extended time out of the workforce is rearing its ugly head again. You are not knowledgeable in this, so you can keep making yourself look dumb, your choice.
Thanks.
Nurses and xray techs....don't give yourself away, Carl.

Being nice and smiling doesn't really have much to do with the quality of care a patient receives. Suppose you are in a hospital with smiling nurses and Xray techs who do not practice good handwashing technique, are you more likely to contract MRSA? Damn right you are....smiling doesn't prevent poor care.

My time in the "workforce" has given me the knowledge that you will never attain. Now run along and make some more posts about the black guy and how all republicans are bigots and racist.....keep posting your opinions; opinions are all you have when the facts are missing or fabricated.

13Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty Thank you. 11/16/2013, 3:25 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:

Thanks.
Nurses and xray techs....don't give yourself away, Carl.  

Being nice and smiling doesn't really have much to do with the quality of care a patient receives. Suppose you are in a hospital with smiling nurses and Xray techs who do not practice good handwashing technique, are you more likely to contract MRSA? Damn right you are....smiling doesn't prevent poor care.

My time in the "workforce" has given me the knowledge that you will never attain. Now run along and make some more posts about the black guy and how all republicans are bigots and racist.....keep posting your opinions; opinions are all you have when the facts are missing or fabricated.
But quality control does. So sad your jaded, subjective opinion on this could not be more wrong.
BTW, reading is fundamental, Joani. I have never typed that I think all conservatives are racist bigots. Just the ones who prove it daily on this cute, little forum typing away lie after lie about how the black guy is going to lie some more and steal your money to give to his homies in Chicago. If you type it, it must be true.

Thanks for proving my point yet again, Joani.

CarlSagan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:

We already had CLIA, AHCA, HCAPS, HIPAA and a SLEW of other quality contrBLAH, BLAHs youre familiar with.
LOL

Why is it if I support anything the sitting President says or does, than I get a nastily sarcastic jab about being a cheerleader and worshiping the greeaaaat Messiah. In your jaded, bigoted eyes, I cannot just agree with the black guy, I must worship him. So sad, really. You never heard this when Dubya when President. You never heard anything about bowing and kissing the messiah's feet. That nasty sarcastic vitriol was not coming from me or any progressive that know. That only started when the black guy was fairly elected by the majority of voting Americans. Which brings me to the first part in bold. Since it is the black guy, then the entire legislation just needs to be totally scrapped. Why cannot it be fixed? If it was something not done by the black guy, then it can be amended and fixed much like the U.S. Constitution. (27 amendments no less)
That is why it is about the black guy. The nasty, sarcastic vitriol that was not present when a white guy was President, and the fact that what the black guy did must just be totally thrown out with the trash unlike how legislation the white guys do which can be fixed and amended.
Thanks.
Logic and reason would appreciate that dissent... particularly towards the potus... is common. Bush II received as bad.

If not worse. I was turned off on bush II by 2002... he had misrepresented his vision of the role of govt and the fed.

I didn't vote for him in 2004 out of my principle disagreement with his policies... tho he campaigned again on small govt.

See how that works? I stick to my principles... and if my party doesn't... I disagree with them and withhold my vote.

CarlSagan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Thanks for your time.
Thanks.
*****CHUCKLE*****
Laughing
Better late than never.
Perhaps if the legislation had been read before it was signed this problem wouldn't exist.

Wait! I do believe that's called quality control.

Isn't that part of this threads title and didn't you create this thread?

*****CHUCKLE*****

CarlSagan wrote:Obviously, reform of this size and magnitude is going to require text.
You don't consider 33,000 plus pages that if stacked stand seven feet high quite a bit of text already?

CarlSagan wrote: I just do not understand why we cannot even try to fix it.
Here's an idea. All the Democrats in Congress and the administrative branch can spend the next year spending all their precious time submitting updates for the Republicans to look over.

CarlSagan wrote:Why does it have to be totally thrown out?
Why not?

CarlSagan wrote:Our current system is broken, which nobody can argue.
But then so is this legislation otherwise the administration, Congressional Democrats, and you forum liberals, wouldn't spend so much time backpedaling on the fiasco you've created.

CarlSagan wrote:[Thanks, again, Mr. D. Eagle.
Quality controls are part of the PPACA Z

Thanks again Carl.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtV9B8VpUB8

Very Happy

16Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty Thank you. 11/16/2013, 7:06 pm

Thanks, p-bum. Because you are definitely in the minority.
Most conservatives never even read past the little (R) or (D).
My point was that the sitting President is held to a higher, stricter standard than any of his predecessors, for some unknown reason that nobody will admit. Many people were really mad at Dubya, but the hateful vitriol that we are growing accustomed and numb to is new, and almost all directed at the black President.
Thanks, again, p-bum.

Yella

Yella

What I continue to want to know and what no one wants to tell me is why the CEOs of Sacred and Baptist are paid $950,000 a year AND WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES THEM WORTH THAT MUCH? THATS $18,000 PER WEEK! huh!

Tell me, chrissy, you either know or know how to find out.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

18Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty Thank you. 11/16/2013, 7:10 pm

Yella wrote:

What I continue to want to know and what no one wants to tell me is why the CEOs of Sacred and Baptist are paid $950,000 a year AND WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES THEM WORTH THAT MUCH? THATS $18,000 PER WEEK! huh!

Thanks. Good post. That is an insane amount of money for running a non-profit hospital.

CarlSagan wrote:

Well, I consider the source.
Yes a source that doesn't read legislation prior to signing it into law should be questioned.

CarlSagan wrote:And you are not a credible source judging by the crapola you type on here, daily.
Yes you do write a bunch of it.

CarlSagan wrote:My point is that there are many good parts to this law that will make a difference and cut costs, so why does the entire thing have to be scrapped?
Then the Democrats can repeal the legislation and spend the next decade or two actually reading it and grooming it.

CarlSagan wrote:Why cannot we just fix what needs to be fixed?
^^^ Same answer as last one. ^^^

CarlSagan wrote:Oh, I forgot. We are talking about the black guy, here.

No you're talking about the black guy.

Are your insecurities acting up again?

CarlSagan wrote:We cannot just fix what he does: it must entirely be thrown out.
Yep! Looks like you're having a relapse.

CarlSagan wrote:I wonder if the U.S. Constitution was treated in this manner?
The original United States Constitution didn't have so many pages of gibberish in the original draft.

CarlSagan wrote:No, it has been amended no less than 27 times.
Yes the original draft of the Constitution has been amended 27 times. However let's look at that... Averaging it out those amendments happened approximately every ten years.

If this grand health care legislation was crafted as well as the Constitution it wouldn't need a fix yet.

Oh! That's right it helps if you read it and groom it prior to signing it into law... Isn't that called quality control?

CarlSagan wrote:Thanks for making my point.

CarlSagan wrote:BTW, I notice no avatar, Chrissy? Why is that?
LOL
Perhaps she likes it that way.

Quality controls are part of the PPACA 2Q==

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-R8gHj_7v8

Very Happy

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 11/16/2013, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

CarlSagan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:

LOL

Thanks.
Quality controls are part of the PPACA 9k=

I see that your rhetoric has turned to the usual vitriol of accusing everyone of being a racist once again due to the insecurity you experience due to your inadequacy of having an intelligent conversation about the issue at hand.

There are meds that help with that...

Do you require the number to a good psychiatrist to help with your social inadequacies?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

CarlSagan wrote:Thanks, p-bum. Because you are definitely in the minority.
Most conservatives never even read past the little (R) or (D).
My point was that the sitting President is held to a higher, stricter standard than any of his predecessors, for some unknown reason that nobody will admit. Many people were really mad at Dubya, but the hateful vitriol that we are growing accustomed and numb to is new, and almost all directed at the black President.
Thanks, again, p-bum.
I'm sorry... but acidic commentary towards the potus or candidates for that office is neither new or unprecedented.

In many ways... it's much more civil than a century ago... or even during the abraham lincoln election. That's a good read.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Hospitals who have a large number of readmissions will be paid less.  That is an incentive to make sure a patient is fully recovered before being discharged.  
And we needed this massive upheaval and failure, throwing millions of people OFF of health insurance plans they LIKED and COULD AFFORD to accomplish that? Really?

Going down in history as the most destructive legislation ever shoved up the...throats of the low information voters.

Markle

Markle

Yella wrote:

If you could do it, you could get paid that much too.

The low information voter elected a totally inexperienced "leader" and look at the results. Mass chaos.

24Quality controls are part of the PPACA Empty Oh, really. 11/17/2013, 2:01 pm

Markle wrote:
Yella wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

We already had CLIA, AHCA, HCAPS, HIPAA and a SLEW of other quality control blah, blah THATS $18,000 PER WEEK! huh!
If you could do it, you could get paid that much too.
The low information voter elected a totally inexperienced "leader" and look at the results.  Mass chaos.
Funny how someone who does not subscribe to your far-far-far-far-right position is considered a 'low information voter.'
So, the majority of American voters are low information.  I would have to question your definition of the word, 'information.'  If you define 'information' as the non-factual, lie-based, xenophobic far-right propaganda that you shove at all of us, than I understand your ignorance.
Now, really? Mass chaos?? Can you say, "slight exaggeration??" LOL
The economy is adding jobs every month, the Dow is at its highest point, ever. So I contend that 'mass chaos' is not accurate at all.
Sometimes I feel sorry for you, Mr. Markle. The world you live in is much, much different than the world the rest of us live in. Of course, you have been a pissed off old bigot for five years now, with three more years of being pissed off to go. Not to mention, Hilllary is going to be the next President. We all know you hate blacks, Mr. Markle, how are you going to cope with a woman President?
Most old bigot are chauvinists, also.
Sucks to be an ignorant, racist, old bigot like yourself, does it not?
Thanks.

Like I said Carl pick a subject you actually know something about. What would that be anyway? Art or race baiting?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum