Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hannity gets caught misleading viewers on Obamacare

+4
2seaoat
Markle
dumpcare
PBulldog2
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fox_news_lie_machine_i_fact_checked_sean_hannity_on_obamacare/

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ya' think? Laughing 

People like Peedog and Cool and Chrissy believe it though and repeat it.

dumpcare

Well I don't doubt that the one's who received letter's from their insurance company's with alternate plans to be ACA compliant, but only some plans are ending Dec 31 and some next July and August all here in Florida I am speaking about. Also if the insurance company is abiding by the law anyone on an individual plan written before March 23, 2010 is truly grandfathered and can keep it. But all letter's also say to contact your agent if you do not want to accept the plan that you are being offered, which could result in significant savings through the marketplace. All I can say about the contractor with 4 employee's is he must have been hit in the head with a 2X4 one too many times. I have a husband and wife 2 person group now and have been for many year's been paying upward's of $20,000 a year premium and now these two particular people can drop their group and not qualify for subsidy (make's too much money) and apply off exchange for the best platinum plan for $14,400 a year.

I do concede however that this does not help everyone and each state is different. I also concede Hannity has always been known to distort the facts, nothing new a long with Rush.

I did have the pleasure this past week of meeting a forum member, nice young lady and when we got to the end of the subsidy application my computer crashed just as I was hitting submit, so gave her an estimate and 3 plan comparison's. I also did one this morning but got the app submitted and subsidy approval then went back to issuer's website and crashed again. We have had several actually write apps all the way through to carrier and applied with subsidy. The system was working at lighting speed this morning a total of 5 minutes to get through subsidy application.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fox_news_lie_machine_i_fact_checked_sean_hannity_on_obamacare/
A far left Progressive site with an OPINION piece.

I knew it was phony when he started his senseless smear with:  "I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening."

Well known is the fact that these folks religiously watch Conservative shows with the sole intent of finding something to criticize. I have no problem with them watching for that purpose. Just don't LIE about what you're doing.

Here is a piece of FACT and please share with us all how true it is and didn't Conservatives...tell you so?

6Hannity gets caught misleading viewers on Obamacare Empty Question for PPACA :-) 10/20/2013, 4:49 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Deleted....to much PI. :-)

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 10/20/2013, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

PBulldog2 wrote:PPACA, I have a question. My husband makes a good income, but because I am not working, the Obamacare system says I need to apply for Medicaid.

Using the Kaiser calculator, we should have been eligible for a subsidy, but hell, now I don't qualify for anything, because I already know I can't get Medicaid.

Is this true? Does this mean that every non-working housewife in Florida will fall through the cracks? Why is my husband eligible but I am not?

And yes, we file jointly.
Did you use household income and just not yours? If so this might just be a glitch. Someone I know family of 5, app came back 2 qualified for subsidy, one nothing and two medicaid all in the same family. One mistake everyone is making is not putting spouse into the application even though they may have insurance or over 65 you still have to include them in your subsidy application.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I used household income. I just sent you a PM.

Thank you for responding. :-)

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fox_news_lie_machine_i_fact_checked_sean_hannity_on_obamacare/

I knew it was phony when he started his senseless smear with:  "I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening."

Well known is the fact that these folks religiously watch Conservative shows with the sole intent of finding something to criticize.  I have no problem with them watching for that purpose.  Just don't LIE about what you're doing.

Here is a piece of FACT and please share with us all how true it is and didn't Conservatives...tell you so?

I guess as an average family that just may be Markle, don't count your eggs before they are cracked.

Markle wrote:

Well known is the fact that these folks religiously watch Conservative shows with the sole intent of finding something to criticize.  I have no problem with them watching for that purpose.  Just don't LIE about what you're doing.

Jesus! Didn't PPCAA just post a family now pays $14000 instead of $20000?

How aboout all those folks in KY who are getting healthcare? You sound like an idiot,Markle.

ppaca wrote:Well I don't doubt that the one's who received letter's from their insurance company's with alternate plans to be ACA compliant, but only some plans are ending Dec 31 and some next July and August all here in Florida I am speaking about. Also if the insurance company is abiding by the law anyone on an individual plan written before March 23, 2010 is truly grandfathered and can keep it.  But all letter's also say to contact your agent if you do not want to accept the plan that you are being offered, which could result in significant savings through the marketplace. All I can say about the contractor with 4 employee's is he must have been hit in the head with a 2X4 one too many times. I have a husband and wife 2 person group now and have been for many year's been paying upward's of $20,000 a year premium and now these two particular people can drop their group and not qualify for subsidy (make's too much money) and apply off exchange for the best platinum plan for $14,400 a year.

I do concede however that this does not help everyone and each state is different. I also concede Hannity has always been known to distort the facts, nothing new a long with Rush.

I did have the pleasure this past week of meeting a forum member, nice young lady and when we got to the end of the subsidy application my computer crashed just as I was hitting submit, so gave her an estimate and 3 plan comparison's. I also did one this morning but got the app submitted and subsidy approval then went back to issuer's website and crashed again. We have had several actually write apps all the way through to carrier and applied with subsidy. The system was working at lighting speed this morning a total of 5 minutes to get through subsidy application.
Must have been Cool, the Tea Party rallyer.LOL!

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

I guess as an average family that just may be Markle, don't count your eggs before they are cracked.
Hasn't happened to anyone yet.

dumpcare

Just how do you know it hasn't happened? What you watch on Fox news? Or could you really be Sebelius on steroids?

2seaoat

If this was such a bad deal for people, why would anybody be complaining about procedural difficulties, and not get to the bottom line substantive stuff......could it be it is doing just what was predicted?

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well I don't doubt that the one's who received letter's from their insurance company's with alternate plans to be ACA compliant, but only some plans are ending Dec 31 and some next July and August all here in Florida I am speaking about. Also if the insurance company is abiding by the law anyone on an individual plan written before March 23, 2010 is truly grandfathered and can keep it.  But all letter's also say to contact your agent if you do not want to accept the plan that you are being offered, which could result in significant savings through the marketplace. All I can say about the contractor with 4 employee's is he must have been hit in the head with a 2X4 one too many times. I have a husband and wife 2 person group now and have been for many year's been paying upward's of $20,000 a year premium and now these two particular people can drop their group and not qualify for subsidy (make's too much money) and apply off exchange for the best platinum plan for $14,400 a year.

this goes to show you you don't know crap----you posted I recently went to a tea party rally----who the heck are you listening to---6 years ago!Laughing 

I am not a tea-bag lol-----Do I like sometimes what they say and stand for sure sometimes --Do I stand for everything they say No--Like I don't listen to a president and believe everything he says either ! Rolling Eyes

And I know better to listen to anything you say! Laughing 

cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

this goes to show you you don't know crap----you posted I recently went to a tea party rally----who the heck are you listening to---6 years ago!Laughing 

I am not a tea-bag lol-----Do I like sometimes what they say and stand for sure sometimes --Do I stand for everything they say No--Like I don't listen to a president and believe everything he says either ! Rolling Eyes

And I know better to listen to anything you say!  Laughing 
I didn't say it Jake said it and if you listened to anything I said you might post something of some intelligence.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Do you really think people believe what gets posted on SALON? Do you believe they have credibility?

Just another libtard lying with skewed numbers. I'm not sure I believe he really talked to those people either.

Oh well.

2seaoat

Four years from now people will look back in wonderment what all the fuss was about.......they will have to look for more scary things in their closet.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:Four years from now people will look back in wonderment what all the fuss was about.......they will have to look for more scary things in their closet.
I'm out of the closet. So don't look for me in there....LOL
Razz 

VectorMan wrote:
Do you really think people believe what gets posted on SALON? Do you believe they have credibility?

Just another libtard lying with skewed numbers. I'm not sure I believe he really talked to those people either.

Oh well.
But your sure anything Hannity says is true? Let's see? Romney will win the presidency in a landslide. ROFL!

VectorMan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Four years from now people will look back in wonderment what all the fuss was about.......they will have to look for more scary things in their closet.
I'm out of the closet. So don't look for me in there....LOL
Razz 
BTW, how do you like belonging to a party that hates your guts? Must give you a good feeling to know they're doing everything they can to cut off your nuts?

seriously? a fact check by SALON ?lol! 

don't worry dreams, eventually everyone will know whats in it, its been passed and that was when we were supposed to find out what was in it. its been 3 years and I bet as of yet that a total of 5 people have read every one of its more than 10000 pages of regulations alone.

as each bit is implemented, we find out. people in healthcare find out sooner because they are notified. Then the press, and the press are just puppets. not investigators. they get passed information they don't know a damn thing about and let the head talk. that's it.

btw.. I didn't read the salon article, looked it was too long. im tired.

what was it Hannity miss spoke about?

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

And I know better to listen to anything you say!  Laughing 
I didn't say it Jake said it and if you listened to anything I said you might post something of some intelligence.

Rolling Eyes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/20/little-competition-insurers-some-states-obamacare-plans/2986795/

So few insurers offer plans on some of the new government health insurance exchanges that consumers in those states may pay too much or face large rate increases later,insurance experts say.

An average of eight insurers compete for business in 36 states that had exchanges run or supported by the federal government last month,the Department of Health and Human Services says. (Idaho has since started its own exchange.) But just because an insurer sells in a state,it doesn't mean it sells in every area of a state so many residents have far fewer options.

Many state-run exchanges also have far fewer than HHS' average,which is weighted based on the number of uninsured residents in an area. Vermont has two,Kentucky has three and Nevada and Maryland each have four.

Some insurers pulled out of the exchanges required by the Affordable Care Act as the Oct. 1 launch approached. That leaves an uneven patchwork of providers —ranging from one insurer in New Hampshire and West Virginia to 16 in New York.

The difference also leads to a wide disparity in the numbers of plans,from just seven in Alabama to 106 in Arizona,according to HHS' analysis.

obamacare would have worked perfectly in a communist state as it was designed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum