Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hospital Layoffs Begin As Market Forces Overcome Government Controls

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/10/bill-sardi/hospital-layoffs-begin/

Despite American healthcare being rigged to increase demand and drive up the cost of care, market forces are beginning to take hold and reality sets in as hospitals begin to cut staff. It’s been a long time coming.

Just when the (un)Affordable Care Act was supposed to create hordes of newly insured patients seeking medical care, the healthcare industry is laying off doctors, nurses, x-ray and lab technicians.

Despite all the needless care and contrived diseases and excessive vaccinations, stagnant incomes(actually eroding incomes when inflation is calculated) are putting the brakes to a sector of the economy that is being relied upon to create new jobs. According to a report in USA TODAY, inpatient days fell 4% and revenues declined and more and more Baby Boomers switched from private insurance to Medicare that pays doctors and hospitals less.

2seaoat

25 years and almost all the babyboomers will be dead.....short term problem solved.

One day my grandmother was passing Baptist hospital.  They were building a large addition.  She asked "Where are all the people that are going to fill up the place? As soon as it is built you will have to beg to get admitted"  Not a bad question

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:One day my grandmother was passing Baptist hospital.  They were building a large addition.  She asked "Where are all the people that are going to fill up the place? As soon as it is built you will have to beg to get admitted"  Not a bad question
That just makes me sick !

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:One day my grandmother was passing Baptist hospital.  They were building a large addition.  She asked "Where are all the people that are going to fill up the place? As soon as it is built you will have to beg to get admitted"  Not a bad question

So it is impossible to build too many hospitals? Could other avenues of treatment and facilities , clinics, out patient services,result in overall better health care? Or does all have to be chrome and glass where they roll your ass out to the car in a wheel chair when you are capable of walking?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

So it is impossible to build too many hospitals?  Could other avenues of treatment and facilities , clinics, out patient services,result in overall better health care?   Or does all have to be chrome and glass where they roll your ass  out to the car in a wheel chair when you are capable of walking?

It was to avoid a fall and a lawsuit.....not done that much anymore.

if it was a few years ago they added a couple of surgery suites and moved some other things around so they could expand their mental health facilities, so you damn right, you know they filled that up quick lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum