Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

seaoat warning ! even a small one could be dangerous in your case...no wading !.

+5
cool1
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Mr Ichi wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:It always comes down to the method of cooking. My mom always bought fresh snapper throats and fried them. They were boneless. I was around 10 before I learned fish didn't come already flaked. Dad and mom feared we might choke on a bone...so our fish was picked to the point it looked shredded.
LOL  You are correct  Good memory..Also at my house you never drank milk with fish and there was alway a lot of bread in case any one was suspected of having a bone caught in the throat. quick eat a slice of bread.
My family had those precautions too... lol. But we ate bone full fish from my earliest memories. Don't eat bones... It's easy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:It always comes down to the method of cooking. My mom always bought fresh snapper throats and fried them. They were boneless. I was around 10 before I learned fish didn't come already flaked. Dad and mom feared we might choke on a bone...so our fish was picked to the point it looked shredded.
LOL  You are correct  Good memory..Also at my house you never drank milk with fish and there was alway a lot of bread in case any one was suspected of having a bone caught in the throat.  quick eat a slice of bread.
God help us if we coughed while eating fish....dad would jump up scared to death, demanding to know if we were ok and if we felt a bone.... mom would start force feeding us bread.

We drank iced tea with fish. In fact the only beverages we had growing up.....milk, tea, or orange juice. No koolaide ever, which we wanted. My grandmother would occassional give us a small glass of coke. She only bought the small bottles and she would drink it out of a glass that was kept in the freezer.

Grandparents would only by the small 6 pack bottles of coke in the returnable bottle... Must have been a unwritten law somewhere that made them do it LOL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I had this couple over for a visit once when I lived on the Bay. The lady was from Palau. I had my boys go and net them some fresh fish and clean them. When they handed the fish to her in a bag she looked a little sad and said you guys threw away the best parts. They eat the heads and a lot of the organs it seems......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:Grandparents would only by the small 6 pack  bottles of coke  in the returnable bottle... Must have been a unwritten law somewhere that made them do it  LOL
When the king size bottles came out....my grandparents swore they tasted different.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Grandparents would only by the small 6 pack  bottles of coke  in the returnable bottle... Must have been a unwritten law somewhere that made them do it  LOL
When the king size bottles came out....my grandparents swore they tasted different.
I think they were right! 

We always had sweet tea and hushpuppies with the fried mullet.  And bread nearby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum