Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola is the 6th Most Dangerous Small City in America....

+5
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

These Are America’s 10 Most Dangerous Small Cities
http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/dangerous-small-cities/

If you’re hoping to escape from big city crime, look elsewhere. These places actually defy the stereotype of smaller cities being safer.

6. Pensacola is the first of four cities in Florida that made our top 10 most dangerous places, which also means it’s the most dangerous of the bunch. It also happens to be the smallest by about 10,000 residents. Despite this, it ranks six places higher than the next-most dangerous small Florida city in terms of murder; Pensacola placed 10th overall in that category with 13 homicides per 100,000 residents in 2012.

As for violent crimes in general, Pensacola placed 19th with 656 per 100,000.

Wow, not only are we the 6th most dangerous small city in the U.S., we are the most dangerous small city in Florida!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Glad I left Montclair....

2seaoat

A combination of a failed war on drugs where violent gangs vie for territory and profit from the sale of these drugs, and a Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Industry which thinks addressing gangs will somehow diminish business for Pensacola. They act as if black youth are just naturally violent like the stereotypes of the Irish and Italian gangs in Chicago during prohibition. So the third element is what I usually argue, and the carnage continues as a kid in Pensacola can make a nice living selling drugs while the folks attending Church on Sunday think the war on drugs and legislated morality is independent of the murders which are happening. This is happening all over America, and as usual when you want to find the best of something, go to Chicago where gang violence and territory battles to get a slice of their American dream are now part of the national debate. We need to be talking about those murders.

Unless you propose legalizing ALL drugs... there will still be that problem.

2seaoat

Unless you propose legalizing ALL drugs... there will still be that problem.

Absolutely true! However, I am not trying to pie and sky this thing, but simply reduce violence in America and attack the criminal enterprises existence and glue which perpetuates gang violence in America......street profit from the sale of drugs which requires necessarily gang territory.

To take the profit out of gang violence you really need the free market of pot sales which we now have real world examples to see that government can effectively take the middle man(criminal enterprises) out of filling the demand for the drug. Regulation and taxation will work, but it is easy when talking about pot which is basically harmless, but opiates, cocaine, and heroin will require massive investments in the social costs of drug addiction. Now we are paying for the social costs and violence, so like gun safety, it is not a fool's errand of thinking that somebody can eliminate murders and suicide rather we have to settle for incremental improvements, but most important is gutting drug profits from criminal enterprises.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you're in South Chicago, it's dangerous.  If you're in other parts of Chicago, it's not.
Same with P'Cola.  Stay away from the dangerous parts and you'll be okay.

2seaoat

If you're in South Chicago, it's dangerous. If you're in other parts of Chicago, it's not.
Same with P'Cola. Stay away from the dangerous parts and you'll be okay.

I agree completely, and would add the addendum that you are probably safer in the safe areas of Pensacola than you are in most of America, and are safer in the safe areas of Chicago than you are in most of America. The unsafe areas are quite simple gang territory where a retail market is fought for with guns and violence as the drug profits feed American violent crime.

You need to look at a crime map of chicago... lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:You need to look at a crime map of chicago... lol.

I just did.  Stay in the green part.

Pensacola is the 6th Most Dangerous Small City in America.... Crime-map

2seaoat

I have walked the streets of area five red zones depicted in the map in the worst projects in the Nation where gun violence and murder is rampant, but being a white male who looks LEO I was also one of the safest people in America. Until we get over this idea that black people are just naturally violent animals, and understand that poverty breeds opportunity where it can be found and the drug trade which victimized the very people some try to categorize as sub humans or lesser people is an economic war which far closer to what Bernie Sanders is saying and a million miles from what Donald Trump's demagogue scapegoating has accomplished. I think Pensacola is an elite top ten city in America. I think that it has unlimited opportunity if it pulls its head out of the sand and gets a federal task force and attacks the gangs that NOBODY wants to talk about. Hallmark and I would argue for hours about the pain he feels to see this great city decline, and I would argue that in fact it still remains a great city......my only pain now at this point in my life is that I will never get to realize a dream to live in that city.......and like a fool I went for dollars and made money in Santa Rosa County, and wasted so much life not enjoying Rosebud in Bob's backyard. Pensacola is a great city, and the problems are real and fixable, but it will take those good people going to church each Sunday to follow Jesus and be a little less judgmental and give a chit about their fellow man....we can together solve these problems and the demagogues and evil which tries to separate us will never win in America, or Pensacola.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I live in the heart of the city.  There are more black people on my block than white people.  Seven black families (including my next door neighbor) and three white.  There's no crime and no racial strife.

It's all about culture.  Not about race.  There are neighborhoods in the Pensacola area populated by white trash that I wouldn't even ride through.
Just as there are neighborhoods populated by black trash that I wouldn't ride through either.

It's no different anywhere else.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The town I came from in West Virginia had almost no theft. There was little worth stealing. There were plenty of deserted mine shafts to toss the bodies of those that strayed from the path of righteousness.

2seaoat wrote:I have walked the streets of area five red zones depicted in the map in the worst projects in the Nation where gun violence and murder is rampant, but being a white male who looks LEO I was also one of the safest people in America.  Until we get over this idea that black people are just naturally violent animals, and understand that poverty breeds opportunity where it can be found and the drug trade which victimized the very people some try to categorize as sub humans or lesser people is an economic war which far closer to what Bernie Sanders is saying and a million miles from what Donald Trump's demagogue scapegoating has accomplished.   I think Pensacola is an elite top ten city in America.  I think that it has unlimited opportunity if it pulls its head out of the sand and gets a federal task force and attacks the gangs that NOBODY wants to talk about.  Hallmark and I would argue for hours about the pain he feels to see this great city decline, and I would argue that in fact it still remains a great city......my only pain now at this point in my life is that I will never get to realize a dream to live in that city.......and like a fool I went for dollars and made money in Santa Rosa County, and wasted so much life not enjoying Rosebud in Bob's backyard.  Pensacola is a great city, and the problems are real and fixable, but it will take those good people going to church each Sunday to follow Jesus and be a little less judgmental and give a chit about their fellow man....we can together solve these problems and the demagogues and evil which tries to separate us will never win in America, or Pensacola.

Is it just my creative mind or did anyone else hear "We Shall Overcome" "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" and "Amazing Grace" as the background music for this post from Oatie?

Very Happy

Documented statistics on Gangs in Florida are all relative to gang bases in Chicago and New York. Drug traffic is all along the Gulf Coast with New Orleans being a crossroad - river traffic north and south and I10 east and west.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I am sure it's the background sound track in his mental production....in spite of the fact black men are responsible for over half the crime in the USA and are only 6% of the population he doesn't accept it...probably never will....deluded by his own will to believe we are all the same....we are not tribally the same in intellect, motivation, temperament...etc....we come from different ancient developmental backgrounds and value systems...We are not even chemically, bodily, or structurally the same.

2seaoat

Documented statistics on Gangs in Florida are all relative to gang bases in Chicago and New York. Drug traffic is all along the Gulf Coast with New Orleans being a crossroad - river traffic north and south and I10 east and west.

I wrote in the PNJ for five years about gangs in Pensacola, and at that time I was very specific about the same. For about a three month period I was pretty tough on the Chambers cover up and conflicts of interest. I expanded the same to take a shot at a PNJ reporter who was in bed in my opinion with the Chamber. I commented about a conflict of interest on a story he had written, and after that I received an email from the general PNJ email to my personal email and without anything being said. I did not provide my personal email to the PNJ and the email I provided for access had NO relationship to myself personally...I got their message. I think a person can find almost anybody's identity online, but I had definitely piszed some people off in LEO and the Chamber talking about gangs.......you can think this subject is pie in the sky, but it is nuts and bolts truth. People are dying in America because of a failed drug war, and some interests would like the war to continue, or make it about an inferior people who are animals and what would you expect......it is those people SHE, I address, and seems to most upset you. Embarassed

2seaoat wrote:Documented statistics on Gangs in Florida are all relative to gang bases in Chicago and New York. Drug traffic is all along the Gulf Coast with New Orleans being a crossroad - river traffic north and south and I10 east and west.

I wrote in the PNJ for five years about gangs in Pensacola, and at that time I was very specific about the same.  For about a three month period I was pretty tough on the Chambers cover up and conflicts of interest.  I expanded the same to take a shot at a PNJ reporter who was in bed in my opinion with the Chamber.  I commented about a conflict of interest on a story he had written, and after that I received an email from the general PNJ email to my personal email and without anything being said.  I did not provide my personal email to the PNJ and the email I provided for access had NO relationship to myself personally...I got their message.  I think a person can find almost anybody's identity online, but I had definitely piszed some people off in LEO and the Chamber talking about gangs.......you can think this subject is pie in the sky, but it is nuts and bolts truth.  People are dying in America because of a failed drug war, and some interests would like the war to continue, or make it about an inferior people who are animals and what would you expect......it is those people SHE, I address, and seems to most upset you. Embarassed

I'm not upset. Just like cancer has a cure so does the drug war. People do not want to end what makes big money.

You obviously are on a soap box with this issue as you have stated old conversations on the PNJ forum. People, such as yourself, and many on this forum who do have great ideas and answers to many of the world's ills never get past hitting the send button only to have their post read by folks who read and say interesting with no movement to actually fix a problem. Some things can't be fixed.

Again...money maker and it's not going to change. They know the roots and the avenues that carry the drugs. No one is going to change it.

Just like guns will remain on the streets.

Just like alcohol survived prohibition.

2seaoat

No, actually....in real life I have a track record of actually solving public problems. The gun safety debate and the drug war are more difficult, but even within that realm I have actually in the real world made real world advances to attack abuses. I do not need to pose, I just have more time to converse when it is more difficult to move around now. Small steps. In the old days on the PNJ, the dynamics of public input had a positive impact as the community discussed news and alternatives. Now folks who view our discussions are less than a hundred, but surprisingly our discussions will show results on google searches so the breadth of our discussions are not as limited as you think, but please understand, this is all fun......in the real world integrity means telling the truth which has consequences, and it most certainly can get messy, but here....this is all fun and games as most of us will never meet.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
I wrote in the PNJ for five years about gangs in Pensacola, and at that time I was very specific about the same.  For about a three month period I was pretty tough on the Chambers cover up and conflicts of interest.  I expanded the same to take a shot at a PNJ reporter who was in bed in my opinion with the Chamber.  I commented about a conflict of interest on a story he had written, and after that I received an email from the general PNJ email to my personal email and without anything being said.  I did not provide my personal email to the PNJ and the email I provided for access had NO relationship to myself personally...I got their message.  I think a person can find almost anybody's identity online, but I had definitely piszed some people off in LEO and the Chamber talking about gangs.......you can think this subject is pie in the sky, but it is nuts and bolts truth.  People are dying in America because of a failed drug war, and some interests would like the war to continue, or make it about an inferior people who are animals and what would you expect......it is those people SHE, I address, and seems to most upset you. Embarassed

But it was the same Chamber which originated that "America's First Settlement" nonsense.  And you defend that.  lol

2seaoat

Even Donald Trump can tell the truth once and awhile.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Even Donald Trump can tell the truth once and awhile.

So can bds.  lol

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t23412-special-post-for-seaoat-check-out-who-the-author-of-this-is-lol#270424

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Even Deluna had to leave because of troubles with the natives....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I am sure it's the background sound track in his mental production....in spite of the fact black men are responsible for over half the crime in the USA and are only 6% of the population he doesn't accept it...probably never will....deluded by his own will to believe we are all the same....we are not tribally the same in intellect, motivation, temperament...etc....we come from different ancient developmental backgrounds and value systems...We are not even chemically, bodily, or structurally the same.

You are an idiot.

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I am sure it's the background sound track in his mental production....in spite of the fact black men are responsible for over half the crime in the USA and are only 6% of the population he doesn't accept it...probably never will....deluded by his own will to believe we are all the same....we are not tribally the same in intellect, motivation, temperament...etc....we come from different ancient developmental backgrounds and value systems...We are not even chemically, bodily, or structurally the same.

Do you really believe that,Teo?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:

It's scientifically demonstrable...but very unpopular....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

It's scientifically demonstrable...but very unpopular....

Here's YOUR tribe...it even resembles you.

Pensacola is the 6th Most Dangerous Small City in America.... Image

As my grandmother would have said, and frequently did, "The very idea..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum