Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

seaoat warning ! even a small one could be dangerous in your case...no wading !.

+5
cool1
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/05/jim-depersia-pacu_n_4219379.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Jim DePersia Finds Testicle-Eating Pacu Fish In Cedar Lake, Ill.

Fisherman Jim DePersia thought he found a piranha in the waters of Cedar Lake, Ill., but it was something almost as nutty: A testicle-eating fish called a pacu.

DePersia, 64, hooked the bizarre fish in the lake near his home. One look at its sharp teeth and immediately he thought he'd reeled in the fearsome Amazonian species. It was a big one, weighing nearly seven pounds and measuring about 20 inches in length.

“As I came up and looked at it, I thought I knew my fish and this is a huge monster,” he told CBS Chicago.

The freaky-looking fish was actually a pacu, a cousin of the piranha that has been known to mistake human testicles for tree nuts, a staple of its diet

I think Oats is more in the Rock River area....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

All it would take is a fingerling and ...well fish can migrate....

2seaoat

As a kid we seigned a lake in Alabama with about 20 people holding a net. I was about 10 and they were going to drain the lake and repair the dam. As we got closer to the end of the lake to gather the fish, a damn perch jumped the net and caught my hand with its dorsal fin and I bled like a stuffed pig.

I ALWAYS wear jeans full length when I am in the river extracting trees and chain sawing to allow me to have the lull or bobcat pull the same out of the river. My junk is relatively safe, but if you see the size of some of the Blues which are pulled out, I certainly do not want to have shorts on where things might get nibbled on. My wife usually wears shorts. Without getting specific as to location, I have seen folks noodling in a river which feeds the Illinois river, near your son's Joliet home. They will float along the bank sticking their hands into holes hoping to jam the same in to a blue. I have seen too many damn water snakes which are not poisonous but are mean as hell to want to do the same.....a minnow and a hook work just find....maybe a goldfish if I seriously want to catch a blue, but I prefer walleye and channel cat for eating.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey Ichi do you think seaoat wrote this... I think we have some evidence he did...just a little more sleuthing and we will have him by golly...

http://camping.about.com/od/Campground-Reviews-Illinois/fr/Camping-Islands-Grand-Detour-Illinois.htm

I mean he likes John Deeres....and this.. The fishing was good, and caught channel cats.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 11/6/2013, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hmmmmmmmmm Another SeaOats in Illinois. Who knew LOL

2seaoat

We are all over fishing and fighting for the American way.

2seaoat wrote:We are all over fishing and fighting for the American way.
Were not you very very sick in 2011?

2seaoat

Were not you very very sick in 2011?

Not sick enough to not fish........I was down for a few months in 2008, but nope.....I still fish, canoe, and enjoy the outdoors. You know......normal activities.....you might want to try it.

LOL Nice try.......Close but.no cigar................

2seaoat

LOL Nice try.......Close but.no cigar................

Never heard one story about you dropping a line.....just saying.

2seaoat

.just a little more sleuthing and we will have him by golly...

I am an easy find.......an IP address is all you need, and very little knowledge, and then presto you think you know who I am.....I have left plenty of clues. Nothing difficult about finding Seaoat.

Nice mullet... did you cast net for it? I used to catch twenty plus in a throw as a kid.

2seaoat

PBR and a fisherman......you cannot be all bad.

Yes... cast net fishing used to be my addiction. A fireman that lived on "C' and Government st used to make my nets. Had to keep them dipped and patched. He would bitch if i ever ripped it but he would always patch them up. I can see him today as he sad in a chair working on a net hanging from the edge of his porch. He has been for now for quite a few years. Had 11 footer for wading and 12 footer weighted heavy for bridge or shore work I have posted this before, but I would sometime leave out at Midnight and take my 3 year old daughter with me. She loved the night and the silence and watching for the mullet churning the water. I had a little rubber inflatable boat that I used to tie to my belt loop and pull her along with me. I am sure I would go to jail for doing that today. It was fun. It was a great experience.
I have had many boats and used to try and go offshore to fish but I like the Bays and Bayous the best. Before all the laws you could sell your catch and make a few dollars. Lots of work for little money.
Sidenote.....When the shipyard was on B st we always kept our nets near by. If we would happen to see a big school of mullet coming in the slip someone yell. "Fish On" and some of would grab our nets and try to get a few. If we did we shared up and all was good. I have tons of fishing stories. Some of them are even true.
LOL

Lol... I pulled my daughters behind in a tube while I wade fished for trout and redfish. They loved it... great memories.

My wife used to love to fish. After she passed I seemed to have lost some my interest. That and the water around here is really getting nasty. I fould one of my old tackle boxes and was going to take a photo When I opened it I found a damn 30 dollar pair of Klein crimping tool that I thought I had lost. LOL All is good. Maybe I need to fishing after awhile.

Mr Ichi wrote:My wife used to love to fish. After she passed I seemed to have lost some my interest. That and the water around here is really getting nasty. I fould one of my old tackle boxes and was going to take a photo When I opened it I found a damn 30 dollar pair of Klein crimping tool that I thought I had lost. LOL All is good. Maybe I need to fishing after awhile.
I hope you do. Fishing is a diff gear... a good reset button for me. I fish in p'cola several times a year... the fish are still delicious.

Surf fishing for pompano off the beach is easy. You can even take walks or nap waiting for them to hit. Super relaxing.

Sal

Sal

Some of the best times I ever had were fishing for trout in the Cumberland River.

The beauty of nature there is a wonder to behold.

We would camp under a natural bridge down river, and get up before dawn and drive up river and put in our canoes.

The water would be low and slow in the mornings, and as the day went on and the dam was opened to produce power, it would get deeper and swifter.

It would take us until 3 or 4 in the afternoon to make it back to camp.

In the evening, we'd build a big fire, stuff the trout with butter and onions, throw the fish and some taters wrapped in foil directly into the fire, and feast.

Then the bourbon bottle would start making the rounds, and the bullshit would fly.

The next morning, we'd get up and do it again.

Good times.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The Pacu is a tropical fish, and I doubt one would survive the winter up in Illinois.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sounds awesome... fresh fish feels so great in the stomach too. I'd have fit right in... lol.

Back in the day we would go to Gulf Beach and wade the flats.  We always had a couple of jugs of whiskey and we would "smooth mouth" it. We would just take one bottle at time into the water and throw it back and forth. LOL  When we got enought to eat we would head to the beach and start a fire. Many times it would be in the dead of winter but the "anti freeze" kept us warm. We could cook the fish with grits and eat and drink as the sun came up.  Of course we were totally wrecked at 8 or 9 am and the home folks usually seemed to be pissed for some reason. True redneck shit, a title i am proud to have earned.LOL

Thanks for the stories. Sometimes I forget who I am....

cool1

cool1

I love to fish it gets your mind off everything else , But a Paranha Shocked --No

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum