Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New forum rule

+8
Hospital Bob
Yella
Nekochan
Sal
knothead
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 12:11 pm

Let me help................

Food Dining Restaurants German Restaurants in Miami, FL ...
1 Cardenas German (305) 200-5517 14221 Sw 120th St
2 Mainzer's German Deli
(305) 251-2060 12113 S Dixie Hwy

177New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 12:24 pm

2seaoat

the place is a freak show.

Yep, jews, hispanics, and a great many people speaking Spanish. Its called diversity.....not a freak show. Is there any doubt?

178New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 12:36 pm

My folks on my fathers side are from Miami. They moved there soon after the Trail was built. It is a damn freak show. Try speaking
English in Hialeah. During my crazy time I worked for Dade Regents down by the river. A real zoo....LOL

179New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 12:42 pm

2seaoat

Dade Regents

What?

180New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 12:51 pm

American Dade Immufuge 569 Benchtop Centrifuge. .... Dade Immufuge, Model 569. .... SCu values: Cation-Cal (American Dade, Miami, FL) and Seronorm

They used to have a plasma center in the front and we would test the machines with blood from the donors.  Dont know if they are still in business.  Boring ass job.....Looks like they changed the Name to American Dade...

They had a big law suit going on. Damn Centrifuge at a ER lockedup and they could not get the blood out it and I guess some one died. It was a big deal at the time.

181New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 1:10 pm

My Aunt was a big time nurse in Miami.   Later on She was the private Nurse for Dolly Madison of the bakery fame. Dolly M  had a jillion dollar condo, I used to go visit my aunt a lot when she was working.  Impressive...
My cousin Tim,got ran over by a car and was drug about a blocked under a car.  It was not to far from his house. aunt Bertha ran down and found he was pinned under the car and was choking to death.  He told the EMS people they needed to do a  tracheotomy. They refused. A group men were able to lift the car off of just a few inches or so. So my Aunt grabbed the Kit from the ambulance and crawled under the car and did the procedure.
He lived and later on Joined the Army.  But they filed  charges against my Aunt and she had to go to court etc.  It was big news for awhile.  She was  from Boston and until the day she died she never lost her accent. Even after lived in the south for over 70 years.  Great Lady....

182New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 1:15 pm

2seaoat

Boston strong!

183New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 1:17 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:My Aunt was a big time nurse in Miami.   Later on She was the private Nurse for Dolly Madison of the bakery fame. Dolly M  had a jillion dollar condo, I used to go visit my aunt a lot when she was working.  Impressive...
My cousin Tim,got ran over by a car and was drug about a blocked under a car.  It was not to far from his house. aunt Bertha ran down and found he was pinned under the car and was choking to death.  He told the EMS people they needed to do a  tracheotomy. They refused. A group men were able to lift the car off of just a few inches or so. So my Aunt grabbed the Kit from the ambulance and crawled under the car and did the procedure.
He lived and later on Joined the Army.  But they filed  charges against my Aunt and she had to go to court etc.  It was big news for awhile.  She was  from Boston and until the day she died she never lost her accent. Even after lived in the south for over 70 years.  Great Lady....
You got some neat stories. I am sorry if freak offended you. You should see where I came from in West Virginia

184New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 1:24 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ichi-san, you really should write a book.

185New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 1:32 pm

LOL No way. Good memories... All the "Bums"(you could call them that back the) would be all camped out in front of the building when I came to work. Lots of diversity LOL Very Very Blue collar area. I loved to eat a "Chalk Board" cafe/eating joint.. One price!!! 2 dollars I think maybe less. They looked for deal then cooked it up and what every they had went on the chalk Board. Not many choices but the food was damn good. Stood up to eat on high counters built into the wall. Maybe 70% Cuban but they were nice. No so in Hialeah, some places there are just nasty rude. If you dont speak Spanish they will not serve you. I dont know about now but not too many years it was , I guess,95% Cuban. Just sayin....

186New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 1:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The first and only time I ever watched somebody break into a car was while driving in Miami Beach. And what made it so bizarre is where it happened.
Right beside Collins Ave in the parking lot of the Eden Roc Hotel.
The last place in the whole Miami area where I would expect to see that happen.

After I watched that, I got to thinking to myself "if they're breaking into cars here, then what must they be doing in the underbelly of Miami?" And that's when I decided not to visit the underbelly. lol

187New forum rule - Page 8 Empty Re: New forum rule 10/29/2013, 2:14 pm

I had a friend. His name Leon Rolle. He was a Bahamian. He had 6 Children and worked 2 jobs. He always bragged that he had never taken any type of public assistance. He was monster of a Black guy. Maybe 6 foot 8" 280 lbs. He lived in Carol city, soon to be made famous by the cocaine Cowboys. But there was area maybe 3 acres and right in the center was a package store. People bought their beer/whiskey then moved out into the lot to drink. It was like a giant flea market. You could buy ANYTHING you could think of. Women, guns, dope, TVs, passports, what ever you wanted someone had it. Sometimes Leon wanted to go there after work and drink beer. Needless to say as one of the few Whites I kept a low profile and made sure Leon was very close by. He used to laugh and say "What ya scared of?" He spoke proper Queens English with a British accent. It would freak everyone out. He was a good man. I hope he is doing ok. He had a hard row to hoe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum