Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walmart Shelves Cleared in EBT Glitch that Showed "No Spending Limit"

+2
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

Some of y'all think we don't have a food stamp problem?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

Maybe those shoppers thought their limit was $700.00. Surely they wouldn't knowingly steal or take advantage of the system.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I guess Walmart will take the losses on it.  They allowed the cards to be used.   I think Walmart should have put their own limit on the cards (for example: a $100 per card limit) until the glitch was straightened out....that way they couldn't be accused of starving anyone but they also wouldn't be out so many thousands of dollars.   And they wouldn't have been left with such a mess.

cool1

cool1

So that's what happened ! Before I asked yall for help ---I had a friend that was going to try to help me---I went to the store with her and she loaded me up with food took me an hour to shop ! lol

$80 worth ---she said I could pay her back then all of a sudden the system went down we had to leave all the food sitting there yep wow

So that's when I came on the forum---The lady at the register asked me -Do you know why the EBT doesn't work !

I looked at her and said why? lol----then she said Im asking you ?

I told her I don't know was it Obama lol

she said I don't think so ---I told her I don't know either --I thought it was because government shutdown .

I have to get to the doc--now

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

Maybe those shoppers thought their limit was $700.00. Surely they wouldn't knowingly steal or take advantage of the system.

That's crazy---no limit----I bet people were shopping and running out the door lol

cool1

cool1

Took my kid to the Doc---waited an hour there at one of those out patient clinecs---only to be told they cant see her --because they changed her insurance

went to her reg--doc who said even though she was one of the patients -we don't take walk ins--lol

went to the ER spent 2 hours there --saw the doc--took him 10 min--to look in her ear and write prescription--geeze I just got home what a trip that was lol

Both ears infected --pills 3 times a day wow im tired and hurting lol

cool1

cool1

cool1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

That's crazy---no limit----I bet people were shopping and running out the door lol

This EBT card did that because it was out of state what luck I have---local people in Florida--in state worked just fine lol

walmart shouldn't have to pay. The cards were working and approving. Its not walmarts job to monitor the gov system and make those decisions. its the govs.

I wonder what will happen to the people who decided it was a free for all day.

The Viking

The Viking

Great.

Now we'll bail out Wally World, right?

What a country....

The Viking wrote:Great.

Now we'll bail out Wally World, right?

What a country....

What do you mean?

The gov makes a mistake and you want walmart to pay for it?

Look, im not a fan of the big bad walmart myself, but I am a fan of truth, justice and honesty.

the cards were working and not being denied, it was not walmarts job to step in and manage those cards for the gov.

The Viking

The Viking

Doesn't matter to me WHO pays for it initially.
We all know who will end up footing the bill.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

No one made a mistake.  Those people stole that food.  They knew they did not have that much money on their accounts. At a minimum they should deduct the overages from future checks.  

The system was not working due to computer maintenance issues.  Xerox does the maintenance.  It wasn't the government's fault.

cool1

cool1

QueenOfHearts wrote:No one made a mistake.  Those people stole that food.  They knew they did not have that much money on their accounts. At a minimum they should deduct the overages from future checks.  

The system was not working due to computer maintenance issues.  Xerox does the maintenance.  It wasn't the government's fault.

I would have to agree to that statement---Wallymart should have shut everything down like they did in Florida!

no this wasn't the governments fault on this one!

Nekochan

Nekochan

No, not the government's fault but it shows how that many people will abuse the system.

I read an article last night that says that Walmart and Xerox are fighting over who's to blame.  Xerox claims that there is a system in place to deal with this kind of thing...and Walmart didn't follow it.

Nekochan wrote:No, not the government's fault but it shows how that many people will abuse the system.

I read an article last night that says that Walmart and Xerox are fighting over who's to blame.  Xerox claims that there is a system in place to deal with this kind of thing...and Walmart didn't follow it.
of course its the govs fault.

doesn't matter who the gov hires to do what, the responsibility lies with the gov.

If I own a maid service and I send out a woman who ends up being a crack head to clean someones house and she steals all the persons stuff, who gets sued?

Im not happy about it, those people were thieves. But for gods sake, think of what you are asking. You want walmart to micromanage a gov program.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think Walmart should have put a limit on the cards when they realized there was a problem.  Walmart allowed people to just buy without limits and I think they hold some responsibility. 

The government....well, yes it's responsible for the EBT program and especially for the program being out of control.   But sometimes glitches happen, even with the best ran programs.

Nekochan wrote:I think Walmart should have put a limit on the cards when they realized there was a problem.  Walmart allowed people to just buy without limits and I think they hold some responsibility. 

The government....well, yes it's responsible for the EBT program and especially for the program being out of control.   But sometimes glitches happen, even with the best ran programs.
How can you expect walmart to put a limit on a gov issued card? Its not their place.

you are caving into emotions here and asking for a private entity to intervene in a GOV matter. Do you really want to set that precedence?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Here's more...

http://consumerist.com/2013/10/15/walmart-blames-xerox-who-blames-walmart-for-unlimited-ebt-shopping-spree/

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I think Walmart should have put a limit on the cards when they realized there was a problem.  Walmart allowed people to just buy without limits and I think they hold some responsibility. 

How can you expect walmart to put a limit on a gov issued card? Its not their place.

you are caving into emotions here and asking for a private entity to intervene in a GOV matter. Do you really want to set that precedence?
No, I am not caving to emotions.  Walmart is not responsible for the card system being messed up, but they are responsible for allowing unlimited purchases after knowing that it was messed up.

Xerox claims there was a process for dealing with this that Walmart didn't use.  I'd like to know what that system is.

Nekochan wrote:Here's more...

http://consumerist.com/2013/10/15/walmart-blames-xerox-who-blames-walmart-for-unlimited-ebt-shopping-spree/
Im going to side with walmart even though I do not care for them.

if Xerox caused the glitch then they have responsibility. They were hired to do the job, not walmart.

walmart cant go around just deciding oh somethings wrong, lets set a limit and oh, I think that limit should be?

sure walmart is the benefactor along with all the little fucking thieves, but fact is, a private company should never be involved in making limits etc to gov programs. and that's what it would have been.

perhaps we should watch this one and see who wins the argument, Xerox or walmart.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:

if Xerox caused the glitch then they have responsibility. They were hired to do the job, not walmart.

walmart cant go around just deciding oh somethings wrong, lets set a limit and oh, I think that limit should be?

sure walmart is the benefactor along with all the little fucking thieves, but fact is, a private company should never be involved in making limits etc to gov programs. and that's what it would have been.

perhaps we should watch this one and see who wins the argument, Xerox or walmart.
That's why I would like to know what process was supposed to be followed that Xerox claims Walmart didn't follow.   
I think Walmart would have been "in the right" if they had refused to accept the cards during the glitch.  I also think they had the option of limiting purchases.   They wouldn't have been limiting a government program, they would have been restricting use of the cards only during the time when the system was down.

Nekochan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

That's why I would like to know what process was supposed to be followed that Xerox claims Walmart didn't follow.   
I think Walmart would have been "in the right" if they had refused to accept the cards during the glitch.  I also think they had the option of limiting purchases.   They wouldn't have been limiting a government program, they would have been restricting use of the cards only during the time when the system was down.
looks like walmart is going to pay. apparently they were supposed to call for authorizations.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Can you imagine how long it would take, with hundreds of people in line with their buggies...to call for authorization for each of them?   Still, Walmart knew that the cards weren't working and when they let people use them for unlimited purchases, they knew or should have known that they would probably not be reimbursed.

Maybe there should be some compromise... the "shoppers" obviously knew they were gaming the system.

They are in possession of the goods/value.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I won't be weeping for WalMart. The Waltons got filthy rich off Chinese slave labor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum