Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Many of us live like Kings and Queens

+3
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

We ride around and live in a climate controlled environment.
Yet we bitch.

We have food stores that carry over 50,000 item and we are able to buy almost any item in them.
Yet we gripe.

We wear affordable clothes made of the best materials know to man.
Yet we whine

We are able to own electronics and entertainment systems that rivel nothing the world has ever seen.
Yet We cry that this is not enough.

We are lucky people.  We are living in one of the best times the world has ever seen,
Yet we are oblivious to this fact.

Have a good day.  Smell the roses, watch the sunrise, pet your dog, hug your wife, eat what ever you want.  Life is good.  

Mr Ichi wrote:We ride around and live in a climate controlled environment.
Yet we bitch.

We have food stores that carry over 50,000 item and we are able to buy almost any item in them.
Yet we gripe.

We wear affordable clothes made of the best materials know to man.
Yet we whine

We are able to own electronics and entertainment systems that rivel nothing the world has ever seen.
Yet We cry that this is not enough.

We are lucky people.  We are living in one of the best times the world has ever seen,
Yet we are oblivious to this fact.

Have a good day.  Smell the roses, watch the sunrise, pet your dog, hug your wife, eat what ever you want.  Life is good.  
No doubt what you say is true Smile

The question has always been, will we leave it that way for our off spring?

Are we preparing them to be the creators/managers of this awesome country like past generations have? Few of us have.

Slowly but surely with great effort of power hungry people at the top and else where they have changed the American Dream to something else other than study, work hard and be self reliant and you will make your way with pride.

Now the American dream is "who can I rip off" I just want to sit here and enjoy the fruits of your labor suckers.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

flower 

Many of us live like Kings and Queens 1382926_10202111189723876_598884461_n

We,as a country arose from the Bread lines and the extreme poverty of the great depression of the 30s. We over came the horrors of WW2. America has not always been Apple Pie and Baseball. We over came these issues,We will again.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:We,as a country arose from the Bread lines and the extreme poverty of  the great depression of the 30s.  We over came the horrors of WW2.  America has not always been Apple Pie and Baseball.  We over came these issues,We will again.
And it was done by working. Not standing around demanding a hand-out.

Mr Ichi wrote:We,as a country arose from the Bread lines and the extreme poverty of  the great depression of the 30s.  We over came the horrors of WW2.  America has not always been Apple Pie and Baseball.  We over came these issues,We will again.
We did all that back when we had values and patriotism.

Explain to me what this generation has?

They hate the country, don't believe in God and the GOV is the answer for their hardships.

Not trying to be a downer on your sunny thread, just letting you know that I agree with you, we have it good because we worked to make it good. Now people want it good without the work involved.

If we don't at least try to reverse this monster that has been created I can assure you, we will be the last generation that had it so well in a 1st world nation and blew it.

I do hope you have a lovely day though. I always enjoy your post. I know its not always how you feel about mine because Im off the rocker sometimes lol....

Carpe Dium....

Joanimaroni wrote:
And it was done by working. Not standing around demanding a hand-out.
LOL we were posting the same thing at same time, mine was just mouthier lol

During the Great Depression of the 1930s, local and state governments as well as private charities were overwhelmed by needy families seeking food, clothing, and shelter. In 1935, welfare for poor children and other dependent persons became a federal government responsibility, which it remained for 60 years.

MINNEAPOLIS—Several hundred men and women in an unemployed demonstration today stormed a grocery store and meat market in the Gateway district, smashed plate glass windows and helped themselves to bacon and ham, fruit and canned goods.

—from the New York Times, February 26, 1931

The 1920s in America seemed like an age of endless prosperity. Construction boomed, business flourished, and the stock market soared. Then on October 29, 1929, the stock market crashed. The crash sent shockwaves throughout the economy. Banks failed. Businesses closed. Millions found themselves out of work. The Great Depression, which would last through the 1930s, had begun.

When the Great Depression began, about 18 million elderly, disabled, and single mothers with children already lived at a bare subsistence level in the United States. State and local governments together with private charities helped these people. By 1933, another 13 million Americans had been thrown out of work. Suddenly, state and local governments and charities could no longer provide even minimum assistance for all those in need. Food riots broke out. Desertions by husbands and fathers increased. Homeless families in cities lived in public parks and shanty towns. Desperate times began to put into question the old American notion that if a man worked hard enough, he could always take care of himself and his family.
The effect of the Depression on poor children was particularly severe. Grace Abbott, head of the federal Children's Bureau, reported that in the spring of 1933, 20 percent of the nation's school children showed evidence of poor nutrition, housing, and medical care. School budgets were cut and in some cases schools were shut down for lack of money to pay teachers. An estimated 200,000 boys left home to wander the streets and beg because of the poor economic condition of their families.

Most elderly Americans did not have personal savings or retirement pensions to support them in normal times, let alone during a national economic crisis. Those few able to set aside money for retirement often found that their savings and investments had been wiped out by the financial crash in 1929. Senator Paul Douglas of Illinois made this observation in 1936:

The impact of all these forces increasingly convinced the majority of the American people that individuals could not by themselves provide adequately for their old age, and that some form of greater security should be provided by society.
Even skilled workers, business owners, successful farmers, and professionals of all kinds found themselves in severe economic difficulty as one out of four in the labor force lost their jobs. Words like "bewildered," "shocked," and "humiliated," were often used at the time to describe increasing numbers of Americans as the Depression deepened.
Although President Franklin D. Roosevelt focused mainly on creating jobs for the masses of unemployed workers, he also backed the idea of federal aid for poor children and other dependent persons. By 1935, a national welfare system had been established for the first time in American history.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree with all of you!

I do hope you have a lovely day though. I always enjoy your post. I know its not always how you feel about mine because Im off the rocker sometimes lol....

I also enjoy your posts. All is good. I feel empathy for those who live in a very dark and gloomy world. Not you partially, I think most of your posts are upbeat. If I was 30 years younger i might consider a trip down south, but alas, I am not.........lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Contrary to my posts I am one of the happiest and certainly most blessed people I know. Sometimes I wonder what I will be like if and when my circumstances change. I hope and pray I will still say blessed be the name of the Lord. America is just a country and I am here as a matter of fate and owe it no special allegiance but to respect all my fellow travelers and try to love them and help them when I can. I have seen this country do great evil and impose it's will on other sovereign nations in a brutal and careless way, I gave it all I will ever give in Vietnam. ..this world is not my home I am just passing through.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Even with the aging and cancer and all the rest,  I'm right now in the happiest state of mind I have ever been.  Go figure.

It makes me sad that you're happy bob... please try to be more considerate.

Bob wrote:Even with the aging and cancer and all the rest,  I'm right now in the happiest state of mind I have ever been.  Go figure.
This!!cheers cheers cheers 

Sal

Sal

My dad is fond of telling me that it used to be that if a man graduated high school, was willing to work hard, and stayed out of trouble, he was pretty much assured of the opportunity at a job that would provide for his family, healthcare, and a dignified retirement.

That social contract between the corporatists and the working class is no more.

Asset inflation and profit are the only driving forces in board rooms today.

The working class is being squeezed tighter and tighter while corporations rake in enormous windfalls.

The amazing part of all of it tho, is that the robber barons have been successful in diverting the attention of the masses away from their gluttony and placing the blame on the poorz subsisting on crumbs - begrudging people food stamps while turning a blind eye to the excesses of Wall St.

A truly incredible sleight of hand.

Sal wrote:My dad is fond of telling me that it used to be that if a man graduated high school, was willing to work hard, and stayed out of trouble, he was pretty much assured of the opportunity at a job that would provide for his family, healthcare, and a dignified retirement.

The working class is being squeezed tighter and tighter while corporations rake in enormous windfalls.

The amazing part of all of it tho, is that the robber barons have been successful in diverting the attention of the masses away from their gluttony and placing the blame on the poorz subsisting on crumbs - begrudging people food stamps while turning a blind eye to the excesses of Wall St.

That's no slight of hand... and it's not just corps but a collusion right out in the open. The federal reserve included.

We simply aren't smart enough to stop the obvious... you included.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:My dad is fond of telling me that it used to be that if a man graduated high school, was willing to work hard, and stayed out of trouble, he was pretty much assured of the opportunity at a job that would provide for his family, healthcare, and a dignified retirement.

That's no slight of hand... and it's not just corps but a collusion right out in the open. The federal reserve included.We simply aren't smart enough to stop the obvious... you included.
Evil to the core. I wonder if having a woman as Fed Chair will make it any different?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Even with the aging and cancer and all the rest,  I'm right now in the happiest state of mind I have ever been.  Go figure.
It's the drugs.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:

That's no slight of hand... and it's not just corps but a collusion right out in the open. The federal reserve included.

One of your more foolish comments. In the not so distant past no one expected to be taken care of by anyone else. If you wanted retirement, you worked, saved and invested for a retirement. TAXES were far, far lower and people were able to buy their own insurance IF they wanted insurance. People bought their own insurance if they wanted insurance. That was no different than the family buying groceries, paying rent or a mortgage.

What you are outraged about are events which have taken place since and due to the policies and doctrines of President Barack Hussein Obama.

I understand your frustration that nothing has turned out as promised by President Obama and you are almost crazy that all the FACTS and TRUTH are against you.

Remember, President Obama promised us all that we could keep our own doctor, keep our insurance, all those with pre-existing conditions would be insured AND EVERY HOUSEHOLD WOULD SAVE $2,500.00 ON THEIR INSURANCE PER YEAR.

We weren't just LIED TO, we have been ROYALLY SCREWED AND NO ONE IS GETTING KISSED!

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote: My dad is fond of telling me that it used to be that if a man graduated high school, was willing to work hard, and stayed out of trouble, he was pretty much assured of the opportunity at a job that would provide for his family, healthcare, and a dignified retirement.

A truly incredible sleight of hand.[/font]
That's no slight of hand... and it's not just corps but a collusion right out in the open. The federal reserve included.We simply aren't smart enough to stop the obvious... you included.
Evil to the core. I wonder if having a woman as Fed Chair will make it any different?

Janet Yellen also strongly believes that pumping Trillions of dollars into the economy is a grand plan.

This is the only think keeping President Barack Hussein Obama in the Oval Office.

Look close at the chart, in another few weeks it will have to be EXTEDNED AGAIN!  Through a circuitous route, that money is bolstering the stock market.  Making richer those people you hate.  Actually millions of citizens who own stock in millions of companies.

Markle wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

One of your more foolish comments. In the not so distant past no one expected to be taken care of by anyone else. If you wanted retirement, you worked, saved and invested for a retirement. TAXES were far, far lower and people were able to buy their own insurance IF they wanted insurance. People bought their own insurance if they wanted insurance. That was no different than the family buying groceries, paying rent or a mortgage.

What you are outraged about are events which have taken place since and due to the policies and doctrines of President Barack Hussein Obama.

I understand your frustration that nothing has turned out as promised by President Obama and you are almost crazy that all the FACTS and TRUTH are against you.

Remember, President Obama promised us all that we could keep our own doctor, keep our insurance, all those with pre-existing conditions would be insured AND EVERY HOUSEHOLD WOULD SAVE $2,500.00 ON THEIR INSURANCE PER YEAR.

We weren't just LIED TO, we have been ROYALLY SCREWED AND NO ONE IS GETTING KISSED!
The codes, permits, licenses, oversite, regulations, laws, edicts, mandates... etc... aren't so complex and unwieldy and uninterpretable to give the little guy a chance. They are what they are to obfuscate and control... and they were made that way through collusion and manipulation from special interests to their benefit... whether monied or business. Hence we see concentrations of wealth and larger and larger corporations... while the middle class and small biz dies a slow death. You need to look at results and stop trying to spin them into partisan gotchas... they are what they are.

PkrBum wrote:It makes me sad that you're happy bob... please try to be more considerate.
Im glad he's happy too, you just have to understand though. hes finally getting his very own gov pay off. Razz 

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It makes me sad that you're happy bob... please try to be more considerate.
Im glad he's happy too, you just have to understand though. hes finally getting his very own gov pay off. Razz 
He's funniest when he gets worked up about calamity... though I really like his picker lessons too. Carry on Bob.

PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
He's funniest when he gets worked up about calamity... though I really like his picker lessons too. Carry on Bob.
yeah his tangents are funny.

I like it when he starts all these post and he gives all this history of what ever object hes looking at. I really dig that. Cool 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum