Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You want to live to 109......turn off the tv

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/americas-oldest-world-war-ii-veteran-has-turned-109-and-he-still-smokes-12-cigars-a-day/ar-BBjD4fm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well I'm definitely doing two out of the three things that made him live longer.
I smoke tobacco and I drink whiskey.
But I haven't yet been able to master the art of turning off the tv.  My tv stays on 24/7.  
Do you think I can make up for that one bad habit by smoking even more tobacco and drinking even more whiskey?

ZxxxZ

He looks better than me , and im around half his age , but never give up my T.V. ,,, it's the one addiction I'll admit to , so I guess I won't make it to 109 , but hey , the way the country going now ---- I'll pass on 109 ........

2seaoat

Casper the ghost is real scary......its got old folk scared to death that America is no longer Mayberry. You know Opie and Andy never caught a fish, and Otis became a Republican Dixiecrat.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Casper the ghost is real scary......its got old folk scared to death that America is no longer Mayberry.   You know Opie and Andy never caught a fish, and Otis became a Republican Dixiecrat.

In real life, when Andy Griffith went back to live on the Outer Banks, most of the state hated him because he pushed liberal democrat state politics. That was before all the liberal yankees moved in and took over the place. lol

And we don't even want to think about what Jim Nabors actually was. lol

2seaoat

And we don't even want to think about what Jim Nabors actually was. lol

He is now the head of the house committee investigating Benghazi, and I think he chose "Trey" as his new nickname.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:And we don't even want to think about what Jim Nabors actually was. lol

He is now the head of the house committee investigating Benghazi, and I think he chose "Trey" as his new nickname.

Yes,  that is a good example of a Gomer.   I'm a Gomer myself.  How can I not be.  My father's family is 40 miles out of Mayberry,  and my mother's family is about 25 miles from Bugtussle (where the Clampetts hailed from).  Hell I'm even more Gomer than Jim Nabors.  Well maybe not because his kin are in Sylacauga,  AL and that's as backwater as Mayberry and Bugtussle.

And Nabors is the first and only Gomer I ever heard of who could sing like Pavarotti.  So that boy's gotta have some kinda weird bloodline on one side. Probably from outside the Mason-Dixon.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:And we don't even want to think about what Jim Nabors actually was. lol

Yes,  that is a good example of a Gomer.   I'm a Gomer myself.  How can I not be.  My father's family is 40 miles out of Mayberry,  and my mother's family is about 25 miles from Bugtussle (where the Clampetts hailed from).  Hell I'm even more Gomer than Jim Nabors.  Well maybe not because his kin are in Sylacauga,  AL and that's as backwater as Mayberry and Bugtussle.

And Nabors is the first and only Gomer I ever heard of who could sing like Pavarotti.  So that boy's gotta have some kinda weird bloodline on one side. Probably from outside the Mason-Dixon.

I just read the biography on Google. The story about Nabors and Hudson was a hoot.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

I just read the biography on Google. The story about Nabors and Hudson was a hoot.

If the two had actually gotten married,  then Hudson would have needed to change his name to "Rock Pyle".  lol

You want to live to 109......turn off the tv Rock_p10

This is Hudson's version of what happened...

"There appears to be a couple of elderly, or middle-aged homosexuals who live in Huntington Beach, which is just down the coast from Los Angeles, who every year give a party, a big party, 500 people or so. And they invite everyone they know. It's an engraved invitation, and to make it amusing they will say, 'You're cordially invited to the coronation of Queen Elizabeth in Huntington Beach.' One year the invitation was, 'You are cordially invited to the wedding reception of Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors.' And it went all over the country."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella,

My "Gomerism" is not limited to my family being from very near Mayberry and very near Bugtussle.

After my Mom and Dad relocated here in 1956,  they made twice a year pilgrimmages back to Mayberry and Bugtussle to visit their respective families.

This was the late 50's and at that time there was no Interstate Highway on the route back home.  
So Dad always went up US 29 to Montgomery and then picked up US 231 going north from there.
From the beginning,  he decided the halfway point to Bugtussle was on 231 at Sylacauga,  AL.  I still have vivid memories of staying overnight dozens of times in a motel in Sylacauga and eating at a local cafeteria.
Jim Nabors grew up in Sylacauga.  It's entirely possible that the two Gomers (me and him) could have been in that cafeteria and I would have never even known it.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum