Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man Arrested For Allegedly Shooting Realistic Toy Gun With Kids In Queens Park

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A Queens man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly firing a lifelike weapon and handing it over to his toddler-age son.

The man’s family, however, called it all an overreaction to toy guns.

As CBS 2’s Dave Carlin reported, Jack Pawlowski was led out of his Queens home in handcuffs Wednesday, with his stunned wife and three young kids looking on. He said nothing as detectives put him into a squad car.

But earlier, he allowed CBS 2 up to the family’s apartment to get a video of what he calls the harmless “kids’ toys” that started it all.

Pawlowski told CBS 2 he took a toy gun, and two of his kids, around the corner to Ditmars Park. It was around noon and packed with kids and their parents.

It appears some in the park thought the guns were real at first.

“At first I thought I was hallucinating,” said Maria Smilios of Astoria. “He pulled out this gun.”

Smilios saw the toy up close, and at first thought it was the real thing. She gave CBS 2 a cellphone photo she said shows Pawlowski firing pellets at a tree.

“The next thing, he took his son, who is 3, and showed him how to use it, and then the family took turns shooting the gun. He gave it to his daughter, who took off on the bicycle and started racing around the park with the gun pointing this way and just started pointing it at the kids,” Smilios said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/exclusive-man-arrested-for-allegedly-shooting-realistic-toy-gun-with-kids-in-queens-park/

what kind of effin idiot gets upset over a toy gun and then hat kind of fucking law allows a person to be arrested over a toy gun?

BS

stay in your caves, the alligator will eat you last LOL

2-year-old Texas boy shoots himself in the head with father’s handgun

A two-year-old boy from Corsicana, Texas, a town of just under 24,000 people located between Dallas and Waco, shot himself in the head Wednesday night with his father’s handgun while his dad was looking away, police said.

The victim was identified as Kinsler Allen Davis, according to The Associated Press.

Davis was rushed to the local hospital in Fredricksberg before medics put him on a life flight to Dallas, but even doctors there could not save him.

A police statement obtained by Dallas-based CBS DFW explained that all physical evidence so far in the case indicates the shooting was accidental.

The boy found his 35-year-old father’s handgun while the man was interacting with something in his bedroom’s closet, with his son just feet away.

“As you can imagine, they’re extremely upset and distraught,” Corsicana police chief Randy Bratton reportedly said.

There is no such thing as a toy gun.

Billy the Kid wrote:2-year-old Texas boy shoots himself in the head with father’s handgun

A two-year-old boy from Corsicana, Texas, a town of just under 24,000 people located between Dallas and Waco, shot himself in the head Wednesday night with his father’s handgun while his dad was looking away, police said.

The victim was identified as Kinsler Allen Davis, according to The Associated Press.

Davis was rushed to the local hospital in Fredricksberg before medics put him on a life flight to Dallas, but even doctors there could not save him.

A police statement obtained by Dallas-based CBS DFW explained that all physical evidence so far in the case indicates the shooting was accidental.

The boy found his 35-year-old father’s handgun while the man was interacting with something in his bedroom’s closet, with his son just feet away.

“As you can imagine, they’re extremely upset and distraught,” Corsicana police chief Randy Bratton reportedly said.

really, cap guns, water guns, just plain old click click guns, buzzy guns, guns that make noise. list goes on. toy guns are every where, we grew up with them.

people need to get a grip. seriously, I think something is wrong with society. people have this need for something to be wrong and the gov or someone needs to help them. they seem to go out of their way looking to as if they need some sort of entertainment or need to be part of making a statement.

gun crime on whole is at a low. the mass hysteria needs to stop.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

*Sage* wrote:
Billy the Kid wrote:2-year-old Texas boy shoots himself in the head with father’s handgun

really, cap guns, water guns, just plain old click click guns, buzzy guns, guns that make noise. list goes on. toy guns are every where, we grew up with them.

people need to get a grip. seriously, I think something is wrong with society. people have this need for something to be wrong and the gov or someone needs to help them. they seem to go out of their way looking to as if they need some sort of entertainment or need to be part of making a statement.

It's only going to get worse. It's all part of this new thing I call "Extreme intolerance all in the name of tolerance".

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It's that whole yen yang thing out of balance...men got kicked to the curb and now boys are raised by pussies to be pussies and the whole country is pussified.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:It's that whole yen yang thing out of balance...men got kicked to the curb and now boys are raised by pussies to be pussies and the whole country is pussified.

And yet, you're the idiot who proposed outlawing bull terriers because they hurt someone.

Applying your logic, handguns would have been banned long ago. There's a new report on a child's death from gun accidents almost daily.

Fuck that pussy noise you keep spouting....you're just a loudmouth blowhard cunt.

You should come by and meet my Akitas.

"gun crime on whole is at a low. the mass hysteria needs to stop."

Is this not one of the most ignorant statements ever made?

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/

Looking back 50 years, the U.S. gun homicide rate began rising in the 1960s, surged in the 1970s, and hit peaks in 1980 and the early 1990s. (The number of homicides peaked in the early 1990s.) The plunge in homicides after that meant that firearm homicide rates in the late 2000s were equal to those not seen since the early 1960s.

cool1

cool1

*Sage* wrote:

Yep Good Post -well the low part well people are killing each other everyday

Good Lord....are you naysayers really that obtuse....?

There us really no such thing as a "toy" gun. Ann Landers, 1978.

Her response to a letter from a mother who is outraged over a child killing another child....sound familiar...? The website will not allow a C&P, so I urge you to read the link. Kids being killed by other kids.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1696&dat=19781116&id=ow0dAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9pcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6590,3098242

There is no such thing as an unloaded gun....

You’ve heard the story so many times, you already know what the bereaved parents or aunts or neighbors are going to say. You don’t, you can’t, know the horror and dread that’s ahead for the loved ones after a child dies from an accidental gunshot.

A brother, a playmate, someone innocent, pulled the trigger. He didn’t know the gun was loaded. The police said it was a tragic accident.

Some will call for gun control, for mandatory locks, for better parental control, for more educational programs.

None of those will happen or work. Here’s the thing we need to say to every child and to each other so often, so forcefully, so dramatically, that no one doubts: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN.

Many parents let their children play with toy guns. It’s as American as Texas Rangers and desperados. As common as a game of cops and robbers.

Children aren’t always able to separate fact from play and parents who allow their children to point toy guns at any living thing take all the risks of a real bullet in a playmate’s head.

Or the terrible case of a policeman investigating a report of prowlers. He rounds the corner and sees a gun pointed at him. The policeman fires. A young teenager playing with a toy gun is dead. The orange tip which had identified the gun as a toy is missing.

An orange tip somehow made it safe. Candy cigarettes had orange tips, too, so they’d look like real fire. Candy cigarettes we ban. Toy guns we keep. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN.

I grew up around guns. My oldest brother once blasted a hole in my grandfather’s hall floor with a 12-gauge shotgun while I stood beside him and then watched my mother tremble, ripped between anger at her father and relief that none of her children were dead. Another grandma had three pictures strategically placed on the living room wall to cover the shot blasts in the paneling from the time granddad’s shotgun when off as he prepared to clean it.

The father of one of my best childhood friends always had a .44 pistol on the kitchen counter. We knew it was loaded. We never touched it.

A high school friend had the coolest – and most illegal — sawed off shotgun. Great fun to shoot. We knew it was loaded.

I’m not telling you it’s good or bad, right or wrong. I am telling you, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN.

http://likethedew.com/2009/06/16/there-is-no-such-thing-as-an-unloaded-gun/

Ask a combat veteran what they think of "toy guns" or "unloaded guns", a silly notion that will get someone dead in a heartbeat. Better yet, point one at them like you're just playing around.

That's when the fun stops.

PkrBum wrote:http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/

Looking back 50 years, the U.S. gun homicide rate began rising in the 1960s, surged in the 1970s, and hit peaks in 1980 and the early 1990s. (The number of homicides peaked in the early 1990s.) The plunge in homicides after that meant that firearm homicide rates in the late 2000s were equal to those not seen since the early 1960s.

Gun violence doesn't just include homicides. Robberies, domestic violence,assaults,car jackings,etc,etc. Come on now.

2seaoat

My dad got my brother and I potato guns.......you would run around the yard, chamber your weapon which compressed air.....then you would stick the end of the barrel into a potato. You would aim and shoot the potato out the barrel. He made us wear sun glasses because he worried about a potato in our eyes, but we had a blast, and it was just a little sting when the potato hit you.

Later at about 10-12 years of age, these starter guns with these plastic caps which you would load almost like a bullet. These things were damn realistic, and we got in a bunch of trouble when we took the entire package of caps and laid it out on a rail next to a factory by the river. The train was lining up to drop a car and went over that package........we thought the whole damn train was going to come off the rails.....next thing we know the train is stopped and we are being chased by someone from the engine and the caboose.....I never could understand it.....but we always got caught.....they were going to call the police, but then we showed them the caps and shot one off in the starter gun......they were pitch white when the caught us, and I think that they thought we had put dynamite on the track.....well they let us go. Today, I would be declared a criminal, and possible a terrorist. It used to be tough guys used fists, knifes, or chains.....guns just were not used.....today punks use guns, and these cowards terrorize causing a total over reaction by the criminal justice system which is busted.

Man Arrested For Allegedly Shooting Realistic Toy Gun With Kids In Queens Park Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZS8Q586NCNhHpsGdDEYb0-X85l5KWFgr0pMFeA21ZqP95_GIj

I wonder how they would have reacted if the guy had pulled out a toy pressure cooker and yelled 'BOOM'.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum