Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:BTW, although this does need working on in the near future 60-70% of applications for individual only get approved without any exclusions or ratings in Florida. Of that 30-40% left a good percentage are completely uninsurable.
DT, I'm not sure what you mean here. You don't mean that some people will remain uninsurable through the exchange, do you?

PB. you guys act as if Thomas is the know all of this subject , he is not.

and YES. some people will remain uninsurable. the obamcare plan hopes to get coverage for about 6 of every 10 uninsured Americans.

but heres a good article to start on explaining that there re still going to be uninsured and lots of em.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/10/if-all-states-expand-medicaid-obamacare-still-leaves-millions-uncovered/
When I mentioned "uninsurable", I was referring to those who have pre-existing conditions. I should have been more clear. I wasn't talking about those who will remain uninsured for other reasons.

And hey, DT has given us all a lot of great information. I appreciate his input!

Thanks for answering my question, DT.
You're welcome.

doubtingthomas wrote:
PkrBum wrote:We will see people that are in a margin... that may have been afloat... but will be forced/mandated into a tough spot.

I don't know how anyone can look at this law realistically and not realize that. Then we have the young... good luck kids.
I have seen rates for the one's under 30 off exchange and the rates aren't that bad, but most young one's around here will most likely not be paying much because they will receive the subsidy.

But true if they don't get a good deal on the exchange (almost free) then the penalty will be cheaper in 2014. Then there are the one's under $11,100 or right around there, that in Florida will not get nothing because Scott did not expand the medicaid, but they will not have to pay a penalty either.
You mean if you make around $11,000 you are not eligible for any insurance?

doubtingthomas wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:BTW, although this does need working on in the near future 60-70% of applications for individual only get approved without any exclusions or ratings in Florida. Of that 30-40% left a good percentage are completely uninsurable.
DT, I'm not sure what you mean here. You don't mean that some people will remain uninsurable through the exchange, do you?

and YES. some people will remain uninsurable. the obamcare plan hopes to get coverage for about 6 of every 10 uninsured Americans.

but heres a good article to start on explaining that there re still going to be uninsured and lots of em.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/10/if-all-states-expand-medicaid-obamacare-still-leaves-millions-uncovered/
At least I don't pretend to know it all on what obamacare has done to your profession. I only hear bits and pieces from doctor's and I don't really care what's it done to your profession just like you don't care what's it's done to mine.

BTW how's your daughter doing selling insurance down there?
I know a damn good deal about it because im paid to keep up with trends.

I'm a manager, not a peon.

So, Im not pretending and you've given some good info but some mis leading and confusing info as well. And your job gives you a bias point of view for the average consumer as far as HEALTH CARE goes, not health INSURANCE. two things people constantly confused here which is amazing in itself.

My daughter is doing fine TY

Chrissy wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

At least I don't pretend to know it all on what obamacare has done to your profession. I only hear bits and pieces from doctor's and I don't really care what's it done to your profession just like you don't care what's it's done to mine.

So, Im not pretending and you've given some good info but some mis leading and confusing info as well. And your job gives you a bias point of view for the average consumer as far as HEALTH CARE goes, not health INSURANCE. two things people constantly confused here which is amazing in itself.

Like I said you I don't pretend to know your end of it and please don't pretend to know mine because you don't know shit. I have also been management for 16 years in the health insurance business. But you do act like a peon. No misinformation from this end, why don't you and your tea party buddy's look in the mirror.

doubtingthomas wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Like I said you I don't pretend to know your end of it and please don't pretend to know mine because you don't know shit. I have also been management for 16 years in the health insurance business. But you do act like a peon. No misinformation from this end, why don't you and your tea party buddy's look in the mirror.
LOL where do you get the idea I am a tea party member? lmao... don't like what I say and you wanna label me. Look, I don't belong to any party. The only party Chrissy belongs to is the party of life and truth.

What you have done is clever I must say because you have very smoothly tried to paint a pretty picture of ACA. And at first you were not upfront about what your stance on it was from that you are the benefactor of the transfer of our tax payers $$$ for the ACA. A insurance salesman.

I didn't notice at first myself so I ask. People need to know from what stand point you are speaking from. Yours is of a insurance salesman. Mine is from a person who provides health care services to patients and has to deal with budget cuts while your reaping the rewards of those funds being directed your way.

Now why don't you answer dreams question about how free the insurance plans are for those who make above poverty level. And then we can talk about how even $30 a month to a person making $15,000 a year is going to be a real surprise.

The liberals are po'ed that their boondoggle was defunded.

doubtingthomas wrote:Like I said you I don't pretend to know your end of it and please don't pretend to know mine because you don't know shit. I have also been management for 16 years in the health insurance business. But you do act like a peon. No misinformation from this end, why don't you and your tea party buddy's look in the mirror.
Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Th?id=H.4952811369203751&w=116&h=166&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Thus is revealed the tyranny and contempt of the current administration, and it's bedfellows the insurance companies, who created the tax that isn't a tax for anyone that happens to be breathing.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if34bKbBqXI

Smile

Dreamsglore wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
PkrBum wrote:We will see people that are in a margin... that may have been afloat... but will be forced/mandated into a tough spot.

I don't know how anyone can look at this law realistically and not realize that. Then we have the young... good luck kids.
I have seen rates for the one's under 30 off exchange and the rates aren't that bad, but most young one's around here will most likely not be paying much because they will receive the subsidy.

But true if they don't get a good deal on the exchange (almost free) then the penalty will be cheaper in 2014. Then there are the one's under $11,100 or right around there, that in Florida will not get nothing because Scott did not expand the medicaid, but they will not have to pay a penalty either.

I have many other questions too... all of which in good faith should've been made clear to everyone prior to a vote.

What happens to people that don't file a return? Including parents on welfare... though their kids are already eligible for medicaid? Will foreigners be able to access the system? Illegal aliens? Who will administer the care? We know that medicare and medicaid has been dropped for years in practices... what if the new fee for service is unattractive for the lower plans like other fed plans have been? Will the govt mandate patient mixes? Will the govt set up low service clinics? What happens to those that refuse to participate in the system? Jail? Blood from a rock? If the ins industry isn't able to stay afloat will there be further intervention? Who will determine whether or when obamacare is unworkable? Will we just accept that a failed govt intervention deserves another like we did this time?

Ok... I'll stop... for now.

PkrBum wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:

I have many other questions too... all of which in good faith should've been made clear to everyone prior to a vote.

What happens to people that don't file a return? Including parents on welfare... though their kids are already eligible for medicaid? Will foreigners be able to access the system? Illegal aliens? Who will administer the care? We know that medicare and medicaid has been dropped for years in practices... what if the new fee for service is unattractive for the lower plans like other fed plans have been? Will the govt mandate patient mixes? Will the govt set up low service clinics?  What happens to those that refuse to participate in the system? Jail? Blood from a rock? If the ins industry isn't able to stay afloat will there be further intervention? Who will determine whether or when obamacare is unworkable? Will we just accept that a failed govt intervention deserves another like we did this time?

Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Th?id=H.4531990511225550&w=184&h=182&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

What happens if they refuse to comply with the individual mandate?

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyVvoODWGA

Crying or Very sad

PkrBum wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:

What happens to people that don't file a return? Including parents on welfare... though their kids are already eligible for medicaid? Will foreigners be able to access the system? Illegal aliens? Who will administer the care? We know that medicare and medicaid has been dropped for years in practices... what if the new fee for service is unattractive for the lower plans like other fed plans have been? Will the govt mandate patient mixes? Will the govt set up low service clinics?  What happens to those that refuse to participate in the system? Jail? Blood from a rock? If the ins industry isn't able to stay afloat will there be further intervention? Who will determine whether or when obamacare is unworkable? Will we just accept that a failed govt intervention deserves another like we did this time?

In Florida anyone below 100% of poverty level cannot get a subsidy nor medicaid (unless they have kids) they can only purchase off the exchange and if they are below 100% won't be able to afford it and also for these people no penalty. People who don't file a return cannot get subsidy and can only purchase off exchange and again they probably won't be able to afford it. Illegal's will get nothing you have to prove you're here legally. Again in Florida the provider's who are now contracted with a certain insurance company's are the exact same provider's, the insurance company pays the provider's just like now. Medicare has lost Doc's in the past couple of year's but have gained more than they lost. Medicaid doctor's will probably be the same one's now, which aren't many around here. Don't know if the govt will set up low cost clinic's in Florida in some parts I believe I read they were. Also don't know about other company's yet on fee for service, most plans will be PPO's or HMO's or some called select plans that have been around but with a limited network. If someone refuses to get with the program, not jail or death but a weekend with Chrissy off the meds and after she has consumed a fifth of jack daniels, so she'll probably have a lot of company in the next year. If the govt does not pay an insurance company their share of the premium to the insurance company, the plan will be cancelled and that policyholder can take it up with the govt. To prevent people from signing up only when they need it, most insurance company's have set an open enrollment to coincide with the annual open enrollment, so they can't do that. There will be special enrollment period's for a qualifying event just like group insurance has them today. If a person on an exchange plan there will be a 90 grace period with claims being paid the first 30, if the insurance company has not received payment by the 90th day the policy will be cancelled back to when they stopped paying and their penalty phase will start back to when they stopped paying. I can see a regional insurance company going under if it does not work, but not major insurer's because they have their hands in other things to keep them afloat, just many layoff's at insurance company's. If it by chance should get delayed this week I can also see thousand's unemployed in the insurance industry before the 1st of year. I would think that hospital's would have embraced this since so many people stiff them, at least now they will get reimbursed if the person is insured. I also would think that all the money they have spent for electronic systems and cuts they have taken could possibly made up with more insured.

Thank you for the response... it did give me some insight and brought up a few other questions. I'm too tired to type them tonight tho. It's nice that we have you here and that you are generous with your experience and information. Thanks again.

Thanks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene-robinson-obamacare-the-gop-nightmare/2013/09/23/fd29187a-246a-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_story.html?hpid=z2

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

doubtingthomas wrote:Thanks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene-robinson-obamacare-the-gop-nightmare/2013/09/23/fd29187a-246a-11e3-b75d-5b7f66349852_story.html?hpid=z2
Excellent article, DT. Thanks. I do wish some of the people on this forum who oppose Obamacare would take the time to read this article.

Paragraph from the article:

"Other rich countries provide truly universal care through single-payer systems of various kinds. Obama chose instead to model the Affordable Care Act after a program implemented on the state level by the Republican governor who became Obama’s opponent in the 2012 presidential election. Yes, before Obamacare there was Romneycare, a private-sector, free-market solution designed to be in accord with the GOP’s most hallowed principles.

But in the years between Mitt Romney’s tenure in Massachusetts and his presidential run, the Republican Party lost its way, or perhaps its mind.

I found that infomercial article one sided... nearly devoid of a real examination. I was surprised he linked it.

PBulldog2 wrote:

Excellent article, DT. Thanks. I do wish some of the people on this forum who oppose Obamacare would take the time to read this article.

"Other rich countries provide truly universal care through single-payer systems of various kinds. Obama chose instead to model the Affordable Care Act after a program implemented on the state level by the Republican governor who became Obama’s opponent in the 2012 presidential election. Yes, before Obamacare there was Romneycare, a private-sector, free-market solution designed to be in accord with the GOP’s most hallowed principles.

But in the years between Mitt Romney’s tenure in Massachusetts and his presidential run, the Republican Party lost its way, or perhaps its mind.
Don't try and blame this boondoggle on republicans. not one damn republican voted for it

and this bill is not like any other bill ever, its massive and controlling.

believe what you want to believe. keep your heads in the sand.

I cannot believe the twist and shit spin you are trying to push here PB. or perhaps I can. shame on you.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Don't try and blame this boondoggle on republicans. not one damn republican voted for it

and this bill is not like any other  bill ever, its massive and controlling.

I cannot believe the twist and shit spin you are trying to push here PB. or perhaps I can. shame on you.

Whewwww.....seems like I hit a nerve here. Obamacare was modeled in many ways on Romney's health care plan. It was a Republican idea long before it was adopted by the Obama administration. That is one of the reasons I don't support Obamacare - the law has Big Corporation Profits at the expense of the middle class written all over it. Shame on you for not recognizing that fact, or for labeling me as a supporter of Obamacare.

You know darned well I support single payer, not this boondoggle. One of the only good things about this law is the opportunity it may provide for those who were unable to obtain private insurance due to pre-existing conditions to finally obtain same at what may turn out to be a reasonable price (though I have my doubts about that.) I also like that this law may finally untie health insurance from employment. I never thought I'd live to see that happen.

And PKR - this was an opinion piece, not an informercial or an article spawned by in-depth investigative reporting. But I think you know that. :-)

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Whewwww.....seems like I hit a nerve here. Obamacare was modeled in many ways on Romney's health care plan. It was a Republican idea long before it was adopted by the Obama administration. That is one of the reasons I don't support Obamacare - the law has Big Corporation Profits at the expense of the middle class written all over it. Shame on you for not recognizing that fact, or for labeling me as a supporter of Obamacare.

You know darned well I support single payer, not this boondoggle. One of the only good things about this law is the opportunity it may provide for those who were unable to obtain private insurance due to pre-existing conditions to finally obtain same at what may turn out to be a reasonable price (though I have my doubts about that.) I also like that this law may finally untie health insurance from employment. I never thought I'd live to see that happen.

And PKR - this was an opinion piece, not an informercial or an article spawned by in-depth investigative reporting. But I think you know that. :-)
ah yes I recall that.

yes, you hit a nerve because trying to compare romneys version to this version is like trying to compare a hot wheels car to a armored tank. Razz 

Now just let me say this to you because you should know. you are my fav left leaning person here. when you and I are not talking politics we can sure have us a good time. I love that about you.

you and I have been discussing this bill since way before it became the law on this very forum, back when hardly anyone else was here.

so, in honor of our civil relationship.

I bow out......

Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Bee_hu10

for now lol Razz 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

ah yes I recall that.

yes, you hit a nerve because trying to compare romneys version to this version is like trying to compare a hot wheels car to a armored tank. Razz 

Now just let me say this to you because you should know. you are my fav left leaning person here. when you and I are not talking politics we can sure have us a good time. I love that about you.

you and I have been discussing this bill since way before it became the law on this very forum, back when hardly anyone else was here.

I bow out......

for now lol Razz 
And you're my favorite right-leaning person on the forum. Laughing 

BTW, a meeting of all principals involved in the EscamBeea county bee farm is scheduled for next week. We will be discussing a new international health care initiative specifically for bees. There will be presentations by Bernie Sanders and Jim DeMint, who worked tirelessly together to develop the new system.

Bee there. Twisted Evil

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

ah yes I recall that.

I bow out......

for now lol Razz 
And you're my favorite right-leaning person on the forum. Laughing 

BTW, a meeting of all principals involved in the EscamBeea county bee farm is scheduled for next week. We will be discussing a new international health care initiative specifically for bees. There will be presentations by Bernie Sanders and Jim DeMint, who worked tirelessly together to develop the new system.

Bee there. Twisted Evil
Luv you❤ 

but I have other engagements that week. I will be giving a group seminar to a bunch of teenagers called " Beeing happy,counting your own blessings and not others".

70Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Empty Clarification for readers..... 9/25/2013, 11:20 pm

Just to clarify for readers:

The Ultra-Conservatives on this forum incessantly argue:
Against getting all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis in order to live healthier lives therefore reduce future healthcare costs.  And,
to keep giving away
free healthcare.

The Liberal/Progressives on this forum argue:
To get all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis in order to live healthier lives therefore reduce future healthcare costs. And,
To stop giving away free healthcare.

Recap:

Food Stamps: 0.52% of economy--NO, DO NOT GIVE IT AWAY!! BAD!!
Healthcare: 17.9% of economy--YEA, GIVE IT AWAY!! AWESOME!!

Thanks for your time.

CarlSagan wrote:Just to clarify for readers:

Against getting all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis in order to live healthier lives therefore reduce future healthcare costs.  And,
to keep giving away
free healthcare.

To get all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis in order to live healthier lives therefore reduce future healthcare costs. And,

Recap:

Thanks for your time.
Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Th?id=H.4954774207990525&w=175&h=177&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

The Ultra-Liberals on this forum incessantly argue:
Against allowing all Americans the right to choose whether they desire to purchase health care insurance and demand that they see a doctor on a regular basis just because they think it will lead to Americans living healthier lives and possibly reduce future healthcare costs and all the while promising that Obamacare wouldn't cost the taxpayer 'one thin dime'.  And,
to purchase from insurance companies which are simply privately owned businesses just because they happen to be alive.

The Conservatives on this forum argue:
To allow Americans their freedom to see a doctor on a regular basis because America is the home of the freedom and liberty to choose ones own destiny. And,
To stop taking away from those who choose to have their freedom and keep their right to choose not to purchase from a private company just because they happen to be breathing.

Recap:

Liberals want to take your right to choose away and increase spending when it was promised that Obamacare wouldn't cost the taxpayers 'one thin dime'.

Conservatives believe in freedom, liberty, and decreased governmental spending.

Thanks for your time.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUymPfBURQ

Very Happy

Damaged Eagle wrote:

to keep giving away
free healthcare.

Recap:

Thanks for your time.
Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Th?id=H.4954774207990525&w=175&h=177&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Against allowing all Americans the right to choose whether they desire to purchase health care insurance and demand that they see a doctor on a regular basis just because they think it will lead to Americans living healthier lives and possibly reduce future healthcare costs and all the while promising that Obamacare wouldn't cost the taxpayer 'one thin dime'.  And,
to purchase from insurance companies which are simply privately owned businesses just because they happen to be alive.

To allow Americans their freedom to see a doctor on a regular basis because America is the home of the freedom and liberty to choose ones own destiny. And,
To stop taking away from those who choose to have their freedom and keep their right to choose not to purchase from a private company just because they happen to be breathing.

Recap:

Liberals want to take your right to choose away and increase spending when it was promised that Obamacare wouldn't cost the taxpayers 'one thin dime'.

Thanks for your time.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy
cheers cheers 

Chrissy wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

The blah... blah... blah...

Thanks for your time.

Recap:

Thanks for your time.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy
cheers cheers 
Obamacare being pushed by Hospitals? WTH - Page 3 Th?id=H.4819577208373513&w=266&h=161&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_1QSUsbsM

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum