Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ron Paul calls "false flag" on Syria

+2
Wordslinger
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Considering the sources -- alleged "intelligence" reports indicating that Assad authorized the use of chemical weapons against his own people -- we need to remember the same sources were sure of WMD in Iraq, and Kerry's impassioned speech is almost an exact replay of Colin Powell's disgraceful bit of dishonesty on behalf of Bush and Cheney's rush to get us into an expensive, useless, and un-winnable war we're still paying for.

Putin is right on this one, Assad had no reason to use poison gas against his alleged opponents since he was already winning the civil war with conventional weapons supplied by Russia and Iran.

So should we believe Putin or Obama. My money's on Putin. He wants us to stay out of the fray and let Assad win -- which assures the defeat of the Hezbollah and Al Qaeda forces who have flocked to the conflict, hoping to create an Islamist, Sharia-state if and when Assad falls.

Barry expresses concern that if we do nothing, our nation's credibility will be seriously damaged. Obviously he's incapable of dealing with reality -- after our debacles in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, nobody believes the U.S. about anything in international politics -- including most Americans.

Screw Obama, and screw Amerika Inc.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:Considering the sources -- alleged "intelligence" reports indicating that Assad authorized the use of chemical weapons against his own people -- we need to remember the same sources were sure of WMD in Iraq, and Kerry's impassioned speech is almost an exact replay of Colin Powell's disgraceful bit of dishonesty on behalf of Bush and Cheney's rush to get us into an expensive, useless, and un-winnable war we're still paying for.

Putin is right on this one, Assad had no reason to use poison gas against his alleged opponents since he was already winning the civil war with conventional weapons supplied by Russia and Iran.

So should we believe Putin or Obama.  My money's on Putin.  He wants us to stay out of the fray and let Assad win -- which assures the defeat of the Hezbollah and Al Qaeda forces who have flocked to the conflict, hoping to create an Islamist, Sharia-state if and when Assad falls.  

Barry expresses concern that if we do nothing, our nation's credibility will be seriously damaged.  Obviously he's incapable of dealing with reality -- after our debacles in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, nobody believes the U.S. about anything in international politics -- including most Americans.  

Screw Obama, and screw Amerika Inc.
IF I get good confirmation of this, that Obama and Kerry and the rest of the administration are intentionally lying about who is responsible for the chemical attacks, then I will no longer have any allegiance to this government. Period. I will then despise it as much as I do Al Qaeda and the jihadists.
And if that happens, all I can say is I'm glad my father who sacrified three and a half years of his life crawling through the jungles in World War 2 is not here to see what has happened to the government he fought and almost died for.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Spoken from a true American Hero. Ron Paul.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/why-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters-didnt-hurt-him-in-texas/250427/

The fact that Texas Rep. Ron Paul once published racist sentiments in his newsletters has been known for quite some time. And yet Paul has managed to keep getting elected in his Houston-area district on the Gulf Coast. A onetime Democratic consultant in Texas, who asked that his name not be used, emails this anecdote from the 1996 general election that returned Paul to Congress after a 12-year hiatus:

At the time I was Lefty Morris' campaign manager, who was the Democrat running against Ron Paul in the general election. Our campaign released the "Ron Paul Political Report" to reporters and later focus grouped some of his writings and affiliations at a restaurant in La Grange, Texas.

At the time, the "Ron Paul Political Report" was listed in an online Neo-Nazi Directory that also included publications by the Ku Klux Klan and the Aryan Brothers (or something like that).

Of course, we thought we could use this to our advantage. So, in the focus group, we let participants look at the newsletters and told them that Ron Paul's Political Report was listed in the Neo Nazi directory with the Ku Klux Klan and other hate groups.

The focus group got really quiet. Then one man pops off, "There's nothing wrong with the Ku Klux Klan."

Another man in the group says, "The Ku Klux Klan has done a lot of good things. For example, if a man wasn't taking care of his family, the Ku Klux Klan would take him down to the town square and tar a feather him."

Next a woman says, "It's the media. They never report the good things that the Ku Klux Klan does."

We had a runaway focus group on our hands. About 10 of the 12 participants were chirping their enthusiasm for the KKK.

I groaned and sunk into my chair in the observation room, staring at the wall. And then, I noticed that the mural on the wall at the Cottonwood Restaurant, where we were conducting the focus groups, had paintings of Texas settlers killing Indians. There were Indians hanging from trees. Settlers slicing Indian throats. Children smiling at the carnage.

It was 1996, but Texas was, well.... still Texas.

This dynamic helps to explain why, when he was first confronted with the contents of the newsletters, Paul didn't denounce them -- he defended them.

Incidentally, the first thing that comes up when you Google "Lefty Morris" these days is another alarming tale from that 1996 campaign: a former Paul staffer's story of the time Paul's campaign manager asked him to pose as an observant Jew to defend Paul from charges of anti-Semitism at a Morris press conference. Paul, for his part, has called that staffer, who in 2008 challenged him for his House seat, "a disgruntled former employee who was fired."

---------------------

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/why-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters-didnt-hurt-him-in-texas/250427/

The fact that Texas Rep. Ron Paul once published racist sentiments in his newsletters has been known for quite some time. And yet Paul has managed to keep getting elected in his Houston-area district on the Gulf Coast. A onetime Democratic consultant in Texas, who asked that his name not be used, emails this anecdote from the 1996 general election that returned Paul to Congress after a 12-year hiatus:

At the time I was Lefty Morris' campaign manager, who was the Democrat running against Ron Paul in the general election. Our campaign released the "Ron Paul Political Report" to reporters and later focus grouped some of his writings and affiliations at a restaurant in La Grange, Texas.

At the time, the "Ron Paul Political Report" was listed in an online Neo-Nazi Directory that also included publications by the Ku Klux Klan and the Aryan Brothers (or something like that).

Of course, we thought we could use this to our advantage. So, in the focus group, we let participants look at the newsletters and told them that Ron Paul's Political Report was listed in the Neo Nazi directory with the Ku Klux Klan and other hate groups.

The focus group got really quiet. Then one man pops off, "There's nothing wrong with the Ku Klux Klan."

Another man in the group says, "The Ku Klux Klan has done a lot of good things. For example, if a man wasn't taking care of his family, the Ku Klux Klan would take him down to the town square and tar a feather him."

Next a woman says, "It's the media. They never report the good things that the Ku Klux Klan does."

We had a runaway focus group on our hands. About 10 of the 12 participants were chirping their enthusiasm for the KKK.

I groaned and sunk into my chair in the observation room, staring at the wall. And then, I noticed that the mural on the wall at the Cottonwood Restaurant, where we were conducting the focus groups, had paintings of Texas settlers killing Indians. There were Indians hanging from trees. Settlers slicing Indian throats. Children smiling at the carnage.

This dynamic helps to explain why, when he was first confronted with the contents of the newsletters, Paul didn't denounce them -- he defended them.

Incidentally, the first thing that comes up when you Google "Lefty Morris" these days is another alarming tale from that 1996 campaign: a former Paul staffer's story of the time Paul's campaign manager asked him to pose as an observant Jew to defend Paul from charges of anti-Semitism at a Morris press conference. Paul, for his part, has called that staffer, who in 2008 challenged him for his House seat, "a disgruntled former employee who was fired."

---------------------

Careful Tex you're gonna get some of that bullshit you're spreading on you.

2seaoat

Ron Paul said nothing. Absolutely nothing. He does not know anything, and we are waiting for reliable information. The President is playing a strategic game. He has meetings in Russia next week. Until the process takes its course, it is amusing to assume anything is going to be done.......nothing is the smart move, and the solution is going to require multinational coalitions, and input from the Russians. Poker players are few and far between.

Floridatexan wrote:

---------------------

bs... one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted trying to make a point.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ron Paul calls "false flag" on Syria  01091310

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum