Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playing The Race Card

+6
Sal
Yella
nadalfan
ImpishScoundrel
Joanimaroni
Slicef18
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:02 pm

Floridatexan wrote:Yeah...jump on that racist bandwagon.  It suits you all so well.  

Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Th?id=H.4928823934519610&pid=1

I see... Because Obama and you don't think he's light/white enough to be considered caucasian I'm the bigot.

*****SARCASTIC SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 7/30/2013, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:07 pm

Floridatexan wrote:http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1992/Opponents-Outnumber-Klansmen-at-Florida-KKK-Rally/id-87a68c423d7dd236870c05094adf3582

AP , Associated Press
Jun. 7, 1992 4:25 PM ET
PENSACOLA, FLA. PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) _ Protesters outnumbered Ku Klux Klan supporters at a weekend rally in this Florida Panhandle city, and one opponent was arrested.
The woman, who refused to give police her name, was arrested for disorderly conduct Saturday after she screamed at Klansmen and grabbed one man's pointed hat.
About 150 people gathered at Seville Square, most of them in opposition, carrying signs and interrupting speaker John Baumgardner, grand dragon of the Orlando-based Invisible Empire of the KKK, police said.
''I see a number of whites and blacks against this, especially whites,'' said Herman Merkman, a former leader of the local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
''I'm sure they got the message that they're not welcome in Pensacola,'' Merkman said.

------------------

Who cares about that whacked out group of miscreants? Except you. Although it is amusing that the ONLY arrest was someone protesting against them. I suppose you support the Westboro Baptist Church too.

28Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:08 pm

Floridatexan wrote:http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1992/Opponents-Outnumber-Klansmen-at-Florida-KKK-Rally/id-87a68c423d7dd236870c05094adf3582

AP , Associated Press
Jun. 7, 1992 4:25 PM ET
PENSACOLA, FLA. PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) _ Protesters outnumbered Ku Klux Klan supporters at a weekend rally in this Florida Panhandle city, and one opponent was arrested.
The woman, who refused to give police her name, was arrested for disorderly conduct Saturday after she screamed at Klansmen and grabbed one man's pointed hat.
About 150 people gathered at Seville Square, most of them in opposition, carrying signs and interrupting speaker John Baumgardner, grand dragon of the Orlando-based Invisible Empire of the KKK, police said.
''I see a number of whites and blacks against this, especially whites,'' said Herman Merkman, a former leader of the local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
''I'm sure they got the message that they're not welcome in Pensacola,'' Merkman said.

------------------

1992!..Way to stay current...Using your article guess that's why the Black Panthers and other exteremist groups have the right to protest...The extremisits should come out and be exposed for what they are like the "Church" that protests everyone...Don't believe there are many logical people of any race that support either the kkk...skinheads...aryian brotherhood etc., ...And although they are wrong people like Sharpton...Jackson...Black Panthers are and should be allowed to expose themselves as the extremists that they are but unlike the above listed the media...elected officials etc., seem to have a difficulty speaking out against them....why?...If you believe that the kkk is a group designed to intimidate minorities then what's the difference with the panthers?...The AG had an opportunity to set the tone for no tolerance of hate/intimidation/racial intimidation but suddenly retreated from upholding the laws he took and oath to enforce...why?...

29Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:21 pm

Floridatexan wrote:Yeah...jump on that racist bandwagon.  It suits you all so well.  

Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Polls_kkk_5022_463601_poll_xlarge

"The Birth of a Nation" includes extensive quotations from Woodrow Wilson's History of the American People,e.g.,"The white men were roused by a mere instinct of self-preservation ... until at last there had sprung into existence a great Ku KluxKlan,a veritable empire of the South,to protect the Southern country." Wilson,on seeing the film in a special White House screening on February 18,1915,exclaimed,"It is like writing history with lightning,and my only regret is that it is all so terribly true."

FDR and LBJ had some things to say too... ever heard those? These are the dear leaders that had the most progressive govt influences on race relations during the twentieth century in this country. Yet you and so many on the left call themselves progressives today.

30Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:26 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

What's wrong with "half-a-homey"?

Then again, does he smoke newports or marlboros?
That may be the deciding factor.

31Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:34 pm

PkrBum wrote:

"The Birth of a Nation" includes extensive quotations from Woodrow Wilson's History of the American People,e.g.,"The white men were roused by a mere instinct of self-preservation ... until at last there had sprung into existence a great Ku KluxKlan,a veritable empire of the South,to protect the Southern country." Wilson,on seeing the film in a special White House screening on February 18,1915,exclaimed,"It is like writing history with lightning,and my only regret is that it is all so terribly true."

FDR  and LBJ had some things to say too... ever heard those? These are the dear leaders that had the most progressive govt influences on race relations during the twentieth century in this country. Yet you and so many on the left call themselves progressives today.

Robert 'KKK' Byrd.....George Wallace....were they republicans?...Using the lackoflogic by 'flawed' guess they are representative of all democrats?...Of course NOT but keep attempting to make all racists to be of one party only...

32Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:42 pm

Markle

Markle

Ku Klux Klan, originated as a branch of the Democrat Party.

Playing The Race Card - Page 2 SenatorByrd-1

33Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 3:46 pm

Sal

Sal

Yes, yes, ...

... and in wingnut minds, the Southern Strategy never happened ...

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."
- Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips

"You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."" - Reagan and George H.W. Bush political consultant Lee Atwater

34Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing The Race Card 7/30/2013, 4:15 pm

Sal wrote:Yes, yes, ...

... and in wingnut minds, the Southern Strategy never happened ...

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."
- Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips

"You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."" - Reagan and George H.W. Bush political consultant Lee Atwater

Playing The Race Card - Page 2 Th?id=H.5042966980199425&pid=1

Yep! There's wing-nuts in both parties...

Unfortunately for you you're part of the problem.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l_zXCQpik

Smile 

By the way... Have you decided to volunteer for that life of privilege you envy so much yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum