Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only 47% of adults have FT jobs

+5
Joanimaroni
PBulldog2
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Only 47% of adults have FT jobs Empty Only 47% of adults have FT jobs 7/5/2013, 10:24 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/05/only-47-americans-have-full-time-job

2seaoat

The babyboom bubble is largely responsible for the same......

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

He obviously thinks we should just not retire and work ourselves to death......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The babyboom bubble is largely responsible for the same......

Please show your unbiased source and a link.

How sad is this......

btw

seems to me if all those baby boomers are retiring, wheres those jobs at? are you trying to say the baby boomers retired and the younger people just didn't want to take those jobs and there is a worker shortage?

yes yes that's what it is, its a worker shortage not a job shortage.Wink 

. wrote:How sad is this......

btw

seems to me if all those baby boomers are retiring, wheres those jobs at? are you trying to say the baby boomers retired and the younger people just didn't want to take those jobs and there is a worker shortage?

Exactly, if the old folks are retiring, where is the surge in new hires? Or are businesses becoming savvy to hiring two people PT instead of one FT employee that earns benefits? According to the article it would seem that this has become the practice.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It's Obama's fault.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

btw

Exactly, if the old folks are retiring, where is the surge in new hires? Or are businesses becoming savvy to hiring two people PT instead of one FT employee that earns benefits? According to the article  it would seem that this has become the practice.

You nailed it, PD. This is exactly what it's about. I saw this being done deliberately at my last place of employment. Some incoming employees had to sign a "contract" that said they were guaranteed only 29 hours every two weeks. In the case of one employee, an admin told me, "Since he signed the contract, we can work him as much as he's willing to work, but he won't get benefits."

No, these employees weren't considered private contractors, either. They were employees of the corporation.

This is the same corporation that routinely worked one employee over 80 hours in two weeks for over eight months. Because he was classified as a "PRN" (as needed) employee, he did not receive benefits, in spite of asking for benefits several times. This was also a "contract" position.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

btw

Exactly, if the old folks are retiring, where is the surge in new hires? Or are businesses becoming savvy to hiring two people PT instead of one FT employee that earns benefits? According to the article  it would seem that this has become the practice.

You got it.

It's gonna get even better here in Florida. Gov. Scott recently signed into law a nice break for all employers allowing them to fire someone for allowing themselves to become impregnated. No more sick leave or LOA if the employer choses to terminate someone.

It is now officially against the law in Florida to procreate and expect to have maternity leave. How many women will choose abortion to save their job?

bizguy

CFJ wrote:It's gonna get even better here in Florida.  Gov. Scott recently signed into law a nice break for all employers allowing them to fire someone for allowing themselves to become impregnated.  No more sick leave or LOA if the employer choses to terminate someone.

It is now officially against the law in Florida to procreate and expect to have maternity leave.  How many women will choose abortion to save their job?

Can you post the bill number associated with this law?

bizguy

CFJ wrote:It's gonna get even better here in Florida.  Gov. Scott recently signed into law a nice break for all employers allowing them to fire someone for allowing themselves to become impregnated.  No more sick leave or LOA if the employer choses to terminate someone.

It is now officially against the law in Florida to procreate and expect to have maternity leave.  How many women will choose abortion to save their job?

Will you post the bill number associated with this law?

bizguy wrote:

Got google?

2seaoat

http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/baby-boomers-retire/

Mr. Markle......10k a day for the next 29 years will be leaving the labor force.........did you really need a link to conceptually understand what I posted....really..........babyboomers are almost a third of the population and over the next 30 years they will be out of the labor market...........

So just the babyboomers bring down the number to 66%, now take out kids under the age of 21, full time students, disabled, and you get your below 50% employed.......what we have is a population bubble......when the bubble was in prime employment years........well you should get the drift, but beyond that I do not type braille.

bizguy

CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Got google?

Of course. However, everything that popped up seemed to contradict what you said. That's why I asked for the bill number.

bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Got google?

Of course. However, everything that popped up seemed to contradict what you said. That's why I asked for the bill number.

Florida is a Right to Work state, the most wonderful oxymoron any GOP hack ever uttered. I'm not naive enough to believe employers will have enough conscience to allow someone maternity leave. The new law paves the way.

Despite letters from Gloria Steinem and strollers full of petitions left at his Tallahassee office, Rick Scott signed a law overriding any earned sick leave ordinances on the local level on Friday.

Critics see the controversial legislation as underscoring Scott's commitment to corporate special interests -- the bill was backed by Walt Disney and Olive Garden parent company -- as well as his apathy towards Florida's working families.

"The fact that Rick Scott signed this anti-middle class, anti-family bill into law, then jumped on a plane to France, proves that the governor of Florida does not care about working middle class families and he knows how unpopular and damaging this bill is," Amy Ritter of Florida Watch Action told the Orlando Sentinel.

Supporters believed the bill would stabilize the state's business environment, uniting a patchwork of sick leave laws that could vary county to county.

Yet critics believe the law unfairly targets minorities, who often hold the jobs without paid leave, and women, who are often responsible for taking time off work to care for sick family members.

“By signing HB 655 Governor Scott shows once again he is beholden to Big Business (Disney, Darden) at any cost, even at the expense of women, children, workers, and those falling behind. The inequity of wealth in Florida just widened even more today and the real possibility of quality of life enhancements for the people of Florida vanished by a stroke of the pen by a heartless and uncaring man,” Fred Frost, Chairman, Miami Dade County Coalition for Healthy Families and Workplaces, said in release.

A recent poll revealed that 80 percent of Floridians support earned sick leave.

The same poll found that over half of respondents do not trust the Florida legislature to make the right decisions for local communities and middle-class families.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/15/rick-scott-sick-leave_n_3446479.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I am completely at a loss to explain how ANYONE could have voted for Rick Scott...known to have plead the 5th 72 times when testifying about Medicare/Medicaid fraud by the company he then headed...Colombia HCA. Something (or someone...leave that to your imagination) prevented Rick Scott or any other principals of the business from individual prosecution...

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Floridatexan wrote:
I am completely at a loss to explain how ANYONE could have voted for Rick Scott...known to have plead the 5th 72 times when testifying about Medicare/Medicaid fraud by the company he then headed...Colombia HCA.  Something (or someone...leave that to your imagination) prevented Rick Scott or any other principals of the business from individual prosecution...

Please provide a list of others who pleaded the 5th lately.
Need help? Google it. Lots of them were appointed by Obama.
By the way, I voted for Rick Scott. Twice. And I may vote for him three times in the next election. Vote early, vote often. The liberal motto.

So you support firing employees who conceive a child so you won't get stuck with paternity leave. At least you are loyal to Gov. Scott. I'm pretty sure that idea is gonna be very popular with Florida voters. Especially the WASP conservatives who made Scott's dreams a reality.

CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Got google?

Florida is a Right to Work state, the most wonderful oxymoron any GOP hack ever uttered.  I'm not naive enough to believe employers will have enough conscience to allow someone maternity leave.  The new law paves the way.

Despite letters from Gloria Steinem and strollers full of petitions left at his Tallahassee office, Rick Scott signed a law overriding any earned sick leave ordinances on the local level on Friday.

Critics see the controversial legislation as underscoring Scott's commitment to corporate special interests -- the bill was backed by Walt Disney and Olive Garden parent company -- as well as his apathy towards Florida's working families.

"The fact that Rick Scott signed this anti-middle class, anti-family bill into law, then jumped on a plane to France, proves that the governor of Florida does not care about working middle class families and he knows how unpopular and damaging this bill is," Amy Ritter of Florida Watch Action told the Orlando Sentinel.

Supporters believed the bill would stabilize the state's business environment, uniting a patchwork of sick leave laws that could vary county to county.

Yet critics believe the law unfairly targets minorities, who often hold the jobs without paid leave, and women, who are often responsible for taking time off work to care for sick family members.

“By signing HB 655 Governor Scott shows once again he is beholden to Big Business (Disney, Darden) at any cost, even at the expense of women, children, workers, and those falling behind. The inequity of wealth in Florida just widened even more today and the real possibility of quality of life enhancements for the people of Florida vanished by a stroke of the pen by a heartless and uncaring man,” Fred Frost, Chairman, Miami Dade County Coalition for Healthy Families and Workplaces, said in release.

The same poll found that over half of respondents do not trust the Florida legislature to make the right decisions for local communities and middle-class families.

http://rpof.org/blog/our-blog/icymi-orlando-sentinel-editorial-board-urges-governor-to-sign-hb-655/

commie

Didn't President Clinton sign into law, federal law, the right to maternity leave and protection of the job from firing? I think so. It even extends to the military which will give fathers 10 days of leave that doesn't even count against earned leave as normal.

Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_and_Medical_Leave_Act_of_1993

Scott's going to lose

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I am completely at a loss to explain how ANYONE could have voted for Rick Scott...known to have plead the 5th 72 times when testifying about Medicare/Medicaid fraud by the company he then headed...Colombia HCA.  Something (or someone...leave that to your imagination) prevented Rick Scott or any other principals of the business from individual prosecution...

Please provide a list of others who pleaded the 5th lately.
Need help?  Google it.  Lots of them were appointed by Obama.
By the way, I voted for Rick Scott.  Twice.  And I may vote for him three times in the next election.  Vote early, vote often.  The liberal motto.

I voted for him and he sucks even though he has now bribed teachers with upwards of a  2k raise this year. I won't vote for him again.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/baby-boomers-retire/

Mr. Markle......10k a day for the next 29 years will be leaving the labor force.........did you really need a link to conceptually understand what I posted....really..........babyboomers are almost a third of the population and over the next 30 years they will be out of the labor market...........

So just the babyboomers bring down the number to 66%, now take out kids under the age of 21, full time students, disabled, and you get your below 50% employed.......what we have is a population bubble......when the bubble was in prime employment years........well you should get the drift, but beyond that I do not type braille.

Like I thought, you have nothing.

Markle

Markle

Guest wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Got google?

Florida is a Right to Work state, the most wonderful oxymoron any GOP hack ever uttered.  I'm not naive enough to believe employers will have enough conscience to allow someone maternity leave.  The new law paves the way.

Yes, I'm surprised that the poll didn't discover that people would like free ice cream too.

Guest wrote:

Only 47% of adults have FT jobs Th?id=H.4672882526192636&pid=1

While once again the Democrats in Congress and the White House show they are beholden to big business at any cost as they demand that their grand healthcare deadline for big business be delayed by at least a year... if they ever have to comply... while demanding that the supposed 99% that they say they represent are burdened with having to meet the healthcare individual mandate deadline.

Hypocrisy on a national level at it's finest!!!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum