Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only 47% of adults have FT jobs

+5
Joanimaroni
PBulldog2
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
I am completely at a loss to explain how ANYONE could have voted for Rick Scott...known to have plead the 5th 72 times when testifying about Medicare/Medicaid fraud by the company he then headed...Colombia HCA.  Something (or someone...leave that to your imagination) prevented Rick Scott or any other principals of the business from individual prosecution...

It then it seems that you had an even lower opinion of the Democrat candidate.

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I am completely at a loss to explain how ANYONE could have voted for Rick Scott...known to have plead the 5th 72 times when testifying about Medicare/Medicaid fraud by the company he then headed...Colombia HCA.  Something (or someone...leave that to your imagination) prevented Rick Scott or any other principals of the business from individual prosecution...

Despite spending 70 million of his own money, he only beat sink by 1%.

Markle

Markle

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

How much was spent by Senator Barack Hussein Obama to buy the Oval Office in 2008? How much was spent by Senator John McCain?

Markle wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

How much was spent by Senator Barack Hussein Obama to buy the Oval Office in 2008?  How much was spent by Senator John McCain?
[/quote]

Neither BHO or McCain spent 70 million of their own money. Hell, BHO and McCain don't have 70 million between the two of them.

NaNook

NaNook

Women have never been fair when it comes to reproductive rights. When have the courts ruled against an abortion due the rights of the father to raise the child?

The "Equal Clause" anyone?

NaNook wrote:Women have never been fair when it comes to reproductive rights. When have the courts ruled against an abortion due the rights of the father to raise the child?

The "Equal Clause" anyone?

What thread you posting on?

32Only 47% of adults have FT jobs - Page 2 Empty Really???? 7/23/2013, 5:32 am

You post as your source, "Breitbart???"
For real?
Too funny.
Thanks.

NotoriousBIG wrote:You post as your source, "Breitbart???"
For real?
Too funny.
Thanks.

Your avatar a dead thug?

Your avatar licks his balls and asshole.

Oh it's BILL again Smile HOWDY

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

. wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:It's gonna get even better here in Florida.  Gov. Scott recently signed into law a nice break for all employers allowing them to fire someone for allowing themselves to become impregnated.  No more sick leave or LOA if the employer choses to terminate someone.

It is now officially against the law in Florida to procreate and expect to have maternity leave.  How many women will choose abortion to save their job?

Will you post the bill number associated with this law?

Got google?

Of course. However, everything that popped up seemed to contradict what you said. That's why I asked for the bill number.

Florida is a Right to Work state, the most wonderful oxymoron any GOP hack ever uttered.  I'm not naive enough to believe employers will have enough conscience to allow someone maternity leave.  The new law paves the way.

Despite letters from Gloria Steinem and strollers full of petitions left at his Tallahassee office, Rick Scott signed a law overriding any earned sick leave ordinances on the local level on Friday.

Critics see the controversial legislation as underscoring Scott's commitment to corporate special interests -- the bill was backed by Walt Disney and Olive Garden parent company -- as well as his apathy towards Florida's working families.

"The fact that Rick Scott signed this anti-middle class, anti-family bill into law, then jumped on a plane to France, proves that the governor of Florida does not care about working middle class families and he knows how unpopular and damaging this bill is," Amy Ritter of Florida Watch Action told the Orlando Sentinel.

Supporters believed the bill would stabilize the state's business environment, uniting a patchwork of sick leave laws that could vary county to county.

Yet critics believe the law unfairly targets minorities, who often hold the jobs without paid leave, and women, who are often responsible for taking time off work to care for sick family members.

“By signing HB 655 Governor Scott shows once again he is beholden to Big Business (Disney, Darden) at any cost, even at the expense of women, children, workers, and those falling behind. The inequity of wealth in Florida just widened even more today and the real possibility of quality of life enhancements for the people of Florida vanished by a stroke of the pen by a heartless and uncaring man,” Fred Frost, Chairman, Miami Dade County Coalition for Healthy Families and Workplaces, said in release.

A recent poll revealed that 80 percent of Floridians support earned sick leave.

The same poll found that over half of respondents do not trust the Florida legislature to make the right decisions for local communities and middle-class families.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/15/rick-scott-sick-leave_n_3446479.html

http://rpof.org/blog/our-blog/icymi-orlando-sentinel-editorial-board-urges-governor-to-sign-hb-655/

commie

Ah, my favorite forum term. Let's take away earned leave pay from Florida's residents and call those who object to this commies.

As someone is wont to say, you can't make this stuff up....! Rolling Eyes 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:
Guest wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:It's gonna get even better here in Florida.  Gov. Scott recently signed into law a nice break for all employers allowing them to fire someone for allowing themselves to become impregnated.  No more sick leave or LOA if the employer choses to terminate someone.

It is now officially against the law in Florida to procreate and expect to have maternity leave.  How many women will choose abortion to save their job?

Got google?

FMLA is not paid unless the person has the leave pay accumulated.

So who is getting free what, Markle?

Of course. However, everything that popped up seemed to contradict what you said. That's why I asked for the bill number.

Florida is a Right to Work state, the most wonderful oxymoron any GOP hack ever uttered.  I'm not naive enough to believe employers will have enough conscience to allow someone maternity leave.  The new law paves the way.

Despite letters from Gloria Steinem and strollers full of petitions left at his Tallahassee office, Rick Scott signed a law overriding any earned sick leave ordinances on the local level on Friday.

Critics see the controversial legislation as underscoring Scott's commitment to corporate special interests -- the bill was backed by Walt Disney and Olive Garden parent company -- as well as his apathy towards Florida's working families.

"The fact that Rick Scott signed this anti-middle class, anti-family bill into law, then jumped on a plane to France, proves that the governor of Florida does not care about working middle class families and he knows how unpopular and damaging this bill is," Amy Ritter of Florida Watch Action told the Orlando Sentinel.

Supporters believed the bill would stabilize the state's business environment, uniting a patchwork of sick leave laws that could vary county to county.

Yet critics believe the law unfairly targets minorities, who often hold the jobs without paid leave, and women, who are often responsible for taking time off work to care for sick family members.

“By signing HB 655 Governor Scott shows once again he is beholden to Big Business (Disney, Darden) at any cost, even at the expense of women, children, workers, and those falling behind. The inequity of wealth in Florida just widened even more today and the real possibility of quality of life enhancements for the people of Florida vanished by a stroke of the pen by a heartless and uncaring man,” Fred Frost, Chairman, Miami Dade County Coalition for Healthy Families and Workplaces, said in release.

The same poll found that over half of respondents do not trust the Florida legislature to make the right decisions for local communities and middle-class families.

Yes, I'm surprised that the poll didn't discover that people would like free ice cream too.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/05/only-47-americans-have-full-time-job

Are these partime jobs being counted as created jobs?...And are the fulltime jobs being cut being counted as loses?....

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="PBulldog2"]
Markle wrote:
Guest wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Got google?

FMLA is not paid unless the person has the leave pay accumulated.

So who is getting free what, Markle?

Yes, I'm surprised that the poll didn't discover that people would like free ice cream too.

We're talking about earned leave, Markle. There's nothing "free" about it.

http://laws.flrules.org/2013/200
PBulldog2 wrote:
. wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:
CFJ wrote:
bizguy wrote:

Got google?

http://rpof.org/blog/our-blog/icymi-orlando-sentinel-editorial-board-urges-governor-to-sign-hb-655/

commie

Ah, my favorite forum term. Let's take away earned leave pay from Florida's residents and call those who object to this commies.

As someone is wont to say, you can't make this stuff up....! Rolling Eyes 

Why dont you just read the bill instead of buying what a bunch of asshats say it is?

Looks like a anti union statement to me.

41Only 47% of adults have FT jobs - Page 2 Empty Thanks. 7/27/2013, 4:54 am

Guest wrote:Your avatar licks his balls and asshole.

It is just an avatar. Aaron Reynolds (Pacedog#1) apparently cannot get over it. It is for irony and humor. Anyway, thanks.

42Only 47% of adults have FT jobs - Page 2 Empty any other sources?? 7/27/2013, 4:58 am

Do you have any credible sources??
Breitbart is not a credible source.
Breitbart is not a news source.
Breitbart is far-right, ultra-conservative, we-really-hate-the-black-guy-in-the-white-house commentary forum.
If there are credible sources to the bullshit you are trying to push on us, please list it.
Thanks, Aaron.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

. wrote:

Why dont you just read the bill instead of buying what a bunch of asshats say it is?

I'll do that. Thanks for providing the bill.

EDIT: What I read didn't make much sense to me. It was more about the Task Force established than it was about the bill. Then again, I don't speak legalese too well.

NotoriousBIG wrote:
Guest wrote:Your avatar licks his balls and asshole.

It is just an avatar. Aaron Reynolds (Pacedog#1) apparently cannot get over it. It is for irony and humor.  Anyway, thanks.

Again, you pick the wrong person to say that to. Reread who posted it. It was not me schizophrenic psycho.

Thats two threads you have not responded to the right person. Notice I am NOT GUEST. Unlike you, I have not been banned.

How do they figure these percentage's? Do they count just employee status? 1099? Someone like me who can work 20 or 60 hours in a week? 10000 people in U.S. turn 65 daily, are they still counting the one's working? I don't believe polls because the one's taking the polls can manipulate any way they want.

They also have not counted people working for cash that make plenty of money.

PBulldog2 wrote:
. wrote:

EDIT:  What I read didn't make much sense to me. It was more about the Task Force established than it was about the bill. Then again, I don't speak legalese too well.

Its the bill directly from the GOv, what more do you want? it is about more than a task force.

either way, what is being claimed that it removes benefits and makes women not have maternity leave was one accusation I believe is just not true.

one thing about that tho. the gov should not be regulating what private biznez gives as benefits anyway. if the benefits suck, don't take the job

we really are giving up massive amounts of power to our gov

read the bill more than once, youll get it

Markle

Markle

doubtingthomas wrote:How do they figure these percentage's? Do they count just employee status? 1099? Someone like me who can work 20 or 60 hours in a week? 10000 people in U.S. turn 65 daily, are they still counting the one's working? I don't believe polls because the one's taking the polls can manipulate any way they want.

They also have not counted people working for cash that make plenty of money.

People did not work for cash prior to Obama?

Labor Participation....
Only 47% of adults have FT jobs - Page 2 LaborForceParticipationRate512013-1

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

. wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
. wrote:

EDIT:  What I read didn't make much sense to me. It was more about the Task Force established than it was about the bill. Then again, I don't speak legalese too well.

Its the bill directly from the GOv, what more do you want? it is about more than a task force.

either way, what is being claimed that it removes benefits and makes women not have maternity leave was one accusation I believe is just not true.

one thing about that tho. the gov should not be regulating what private biznez gives as benefits anyway. if the benefits suck, don't take the job

we really are giving up massive amounts of power to our gov

read the bill more than once, youll get it

Well, I don't understand how the bill (now law) I read takes away benefits or maternity leave from expectant mothers. I would think federal law trumps state law in a case like that, anyhow.

I do think some misunderstand the concept of family leave (FMLA). If a person doesn't have enough leave time accrued, the FMLA is not compensated. All it means is the person's position (or a similar position at the same pay) will be retained until he or she returns from FMLA. There is no "free" money there, as Markle implied.

Yes, a person should carefully check out the benefits offered for a position before accepting the position. Remember, however, that benefits can change drastically with no input from the employee base. I know; it happened to me. It's almost like a bait and switch maneuver on the part of employers.

What do you think this law really means, if it in fact has nothing to do with accrued leave time? I gained no insight at all from reading the text you provided, and I read it several times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum