Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels.

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
othershoe1030
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
2seaoat
Markle
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Interesting stuff,  Z.

Dow reports that a typical residential cluster of 350 solar singles on a roof could slash one’s household electric bill by 40-60 percent. Such an installation can cost a homeowner over $20,000, but federal, state and local incentives can bring the cost to half that in some areas. Powerhouse shingles are currently available (from Dow-authorized contractors) in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Washington, D.C.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=im-getting-my-roof-redone-and-heard-about-solar-shingles

If the "incentives" bring that down to ten grand,  that starts to sound like a pretty good alternative to re-roofing with plain asphalt shingles.

That makes me think that someday a roof covered in asphalt shingles will be obsolete.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Interesting stuff,  Z.

Dow reports that a typical residential cluster of 350 solar singles on a roof could slash one’s household electric bill by 40-60 percent. Such an installation can cost a homeowner over $20,000, but federal, state and local incentives can bring the cost to half that in some areas. Powerhouse shingles are currently available (from Dow-authorized contractors) in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Washington, D.C.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=im-getting-my-roof-redone-and-heard-about-solar-shingles

If the "incentives" bring that down to ten grand,  that starts to sound like a pretty good alternative to re-roofing with plain asphalt shingles.

That makes me think that someday a roof covered in asphalt shingles will be obsolete.

I think we will see these kinds of roofs offered for single family homes; especially newly constructed homes, in our life time. And PowerHouse shingles do not yet incorporate Absolute Black technology, which will make them even more efficient. Throw in spray-on solar for your windows, and you are talking about generating a lot of electricity from your property. Of course, during the evening hours, you will need to draw from the grid, but during daylight, what you don't use will go out to the grid, and while that is happening, your electric meter is running backwards. And grid level storage is being worked on, for all of the excess solar electricity we will be generating during daylight. This is coming, for sure.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I think we will see these kinds of roofs offered for single family homes; especially newly constructed homes, in our life time. And PowerHouse shingles do not yet incorporate Absolute Black technology, which will make them even more efficient. Throw in spray-on solar for your windows, and you are talking about generating a lot of electricity from your property. Of course, during the evening hours, you will need to draw from the grid, but during daylight, what you don't use will go out to the grid, and while that is happening, your electric meter is running backwards. And grid level storage is being worked on, for all of the excess solar electricity we will be generating during daylight. This is coming, for sure.

I'm conflicted about this being as some of my income comes from Southern Company dividends. If all that replaces the grid, those dividends are gonna get mighty puny. lol

PkrBum wrote:Lol... science denying. If you knew anything about science you would know that breakthroughs come by disproving accepted theories... science evolved constantly. Any denying that is taking place is by those that refuse to question current theories or observations. There is no such thing as settled science... no matter how much money you want forced into it or social engineering you may desire.

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Th?id=H.4678869723381943&pid=1

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Ka1uOP0Pg

Smile 

Bob wrote:...You and teo just piss me off...

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Th?id=H.5008955120419697&pid=1

What!!!!! How come didn't I get an honorable mention here?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBI_Av00_Fo

Very Happy

Bob wrote:There's one thing for certain,  markle, and it's something that completely escapes you and that motorhead you linked.  No coal plant will ever dump a million tons of liquid coal into the Gulf of Mexico which fucks up the marine life and washes onto our beaches.  Just like no coal plant will ever do what the exxon valdez did either.  Or what the next one is gonna do.

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Th?id=H.4687820448662716&pid=1

What's going to happen to all the hazardous waste from those potteries you just mentioned?

Batteries inherently have a high degree of toxic waste and no battery does well in the extreme cold like we have up north. Which that latter item generally cuts the useful lifetime of any battery significantly.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile 

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:It doesn't matter how Solyndra failed. It will not stop the large-scale adoption of renewable electricity from solar in the coming years. Look, FEDEX, Walmart, Costco, IKEA, the Timberlands, and many other companies with real estate are putting solar arrays on their roofs. They are not going "green" to help Mother Earth; rather, the only "green" they know is Moolah! They are doing this for their bottom-lines only. And, they are using older technology solar arrays, not the disruptive solar technologies that will break out over the next few years.

Walmart solar array:

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Walmart-solar

FEDEX solar array:

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Fedexsolarbigger

Costco Solar Array:

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Costco

IKEA solar array:

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Ikea-roof

My future solar array (Dow PowerHouse Solar Shingles):

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Installation-solarshingle

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 4 Th?id=H.4687820448662716&pid=1

Most all of these solar panels are being installed with taxpayer dollars.

If they were so cost effective and would save companies like Wally World big bucks then they should be investing their own cash to do so.

This is the same argument that I had a few years ago with a large farmer on the DMR. Most of the farm subsidies that everyone bitches about go to the big coop farmers. In theory they should be going to the small farmer to help him/her get on his/her feet. So I have no problem taking those subsidies away. The big farmer argued they needed those subsidies because they can do it more efficiently. My response was... If they can farm more cost effectively than the small farmer then they shouldn't really need any farm subsidies... Suddenly he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

If the government wants to install solar panels on the roof of my small business so I can save money on my electric I'm all for it also.

Oh wait! They only do that for those big businesses that should be able to pay for it themselves.

*****SMILE****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum