Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels.

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
othershoe1030
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
2seaoat
Markle
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:China is actually building coal-fired power plants like crazy, and buying-up all of the American coal that our government does not want us to burn here. Coal has become a major export commodity for the U.S., as this article explains:[/color]

http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/obama-coal-stocks/3568

"....Truth is while Obama and dirt-cheap natural gas are putting the kibosh on coal-fired power in the United States, there are currently 1,200 new coal-fired power plants in pre-construction phases in 59 different countries. China and India are leading the way, but there are some other lesser-known European nations that are also not giving coal the cold shoulder. Take Poland, for instance...''

Yes, and China is simultaneously pumping billions into renewable energy technologies, because they realize that a fossil fuel based economy is unsustainable.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The truth is that diesel technology is constantly improving and is getting cleaner, and its unit cost is less expensive.  Even with the amply CNG now available, the improving diesel technologies are getting cleaner.  

http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/829622-k8LC2V/native/829622.pdf

It would help if you give links rather than mixing a political agenda to a simple trend in technology.   Not very honest.

I posted the link. Not very honest of you.

I thought you and the other greenies said we should not be using fossile fuels.

In my opinion, we should take all the money we're wasting on subsidizing oversized golf carts, solar and wind power and put it toward subsidizing conversion of big rig diesels trucks. Also, more freight rail lines.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Herr Markle, do you have any evidence at all that any union has made a statement regarding the change of propulsion for these buses?  I thought not.  LOL

Markle wrote:Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels.

New York can't repair them fast enough to keep them on the road plus the massive expense of repairing the Green Machines.

[...]

From the New York Post.
June 30, 2013

[b]The MTA’s electric revolution is grinding to a halt.[/b]

The agency hasn’t purchased an electric-diesel hybrid bus in three years, and as many as 389 — 23 percent of all its hybrids — could be retrofitted with new diesel engines soon, MTA officials revealed to The Post.

Union officials warned that the switch will come with a great cost — to the public’s health.

“It’s a slap in the face if they start going back to diesel again,” said a skeptical transit-union source. “It’s not good for people’s lungs.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/volt_
face_on_buses_TrJh6Hpaib0UZC7KBi4VrJ

###

Of course the UNIONS are opposed...not for green air but rather for green backs.  The fewer the Green Mobiles the fewer Union Man Hours to repair the failing beasts.

I wonder how much President Barack Hussein Obama paid New York to buy the boondoggle?

I guess the link was more than you could handle.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Government and politicians have inadvertently done more to demonize electricity in the public's minds than the oil companies could have ever done with a billion dollars worth of advertising.
They did it by investing public money into all these failures.

This same New York Post article markel has linked was picked up by Breitbart.  Here are two of the comments following the article...

"I just asked a painfully liberal coworker of mine, who just bought a Toyota hybrid, if he even inquired as to what was the expected cost of changing the batteries when they wear out. Toyota told him "changing the batteries would be a routine maintenance matter, and would cost no more than $400 USD." Then I asked him why his little compact car cost nearly $50,000 USD, when a similar compact car with a gas engine costs less than $30,000 USD. Could it possibly be $20,000 of high tech batteries in the belly of the car? I think the $400 USD for the battery replacement was for labor. The parts are another matter!"

Hybrids cost $2500 to $5000 more than regular gasoline versions of the "same" car. The only way to recoup the cost via savings on gasoline--this is with gas prices at like $3.50/gallon--is to drive the car for about 8 years. The average American is keeping their new car for a record long time these days--about 5 and a third years before getting a new car. This math doesn't add up to the average hybrid car owner making out. Especially if you consider buying a used car in the first place to get yourself around--in which case the used gasoline powered car is the winner by any standards so far as cost to purchase and keep running. Yep. Keep running. Hold onto that hybrid and you will need to replace batteries and even transmissions (such as they are in hybrids); like any other 8 year old car, hybrids have maintenance costs of comparable ouch factors to regular cars. Don't expect a liberal to sort that out ahead of time, though. The knowledge that they are saving the world by reducing their carbon footprint is all they need to know--of course, "Toyota admits that the production of its lightweight Prius requires more
energy and emits more carbon dioxide than the production of its
gas-only models.
The major reason is because hybrids like the Prius include more
advanced components than a conventional car, including a second electric
motor and heavy battery packs." So, there's that, too. Not that the Earth notices your carbon footprint (or anyone else's), by the way. Also, there is that the nickel mining process required to make so many of these batteries is quite detrimental to the local environments where they are actually mined. Liberals. So dumb."

If those hybrid bus powertrains are high maintenance it's because governments bought untested and unreliable crap from Orion which is a subsidiary of Chrysler.
Chrysler's involvement with hybrid vehicles is a joke.  If you read this you'll be able to understand that...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1078329_chrysler-yes-well-build-a-few-electric-and-hybrid-cars-we-have-to

So as a result of this,  you will now have millions more in the public believing "hybrid" is a dirty word.  They believe because these government-bought Chrysler buses are a failure, that has to mean "hybrid" is a failure.  As evidenced by the two comments I provided above.
But those commenters will remain oblivious to the report you see below.  Because it will never be published in a Murdoch newspaper.  Murdoch newspapers are only allowed to publish articles which say hybrid is evil and liberal and an invention of Hussein Barack Obama.  lol

Ten-Year Old Toyota Hybrid Priuses Defy Early Critics
Consumer Reports Tests Find The Gas-Electric Hybrid No Hothouse Flower--Going Strong After 200K Miles

The roll-out of the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf electric cars in recent months has ignited a debate over this new technology.

Skeptics are posing questions about possible ghosts in the machine, wondering how long the batteries will perform at top level, worried about the length of the battery life, and want to know what it will cost to replace a battery if required.

If those questions sound familiar, it's because skeptics were asking the same kinds of questions about hybrid-car technology almost 11 years ago, when the Toyota Prius was making its debut in the U.S. market.

Fast forward to today. Based on data from over 36,000 Toyota Prius hybrids in its annual survey, Consumer Reports has found that the Prius consistently gets top marks when it comes to reliability, and also boasts low ownership costs.

But now that the Prius has been around for more than a decade in the U.S., and available on the used-car market, some of those doubters might still wonder what the answers were to their old questions about long-term battery performance, durability and replacement. The same could be said of buyers who are considering buying a used Prius with a lot of miles on it.

The engineers at Consumer Reports recently decided to answer those questions by taking a 2002 Prius with 208,000 miles on it, and putting it through its paces. The magazine's testers hooked the car up to its testing instruments to see if battery performance and fuel efficiency had degraded, and if so, by how much. As part of the evaluation, the engineers also checked into battery replacement costs.

The upshot? They found that there was very little difference in battery performance, fuel economy and acceleration in the used '02 model when compared to a nearly identical 2001 Prius they tested 10 years ago when it was new.

The tests recently conducted on the old '02 model are the same ones they performed on the new '01 model 10 years ago. They drove on their own track, ran it through a city traffic course, and took it out on the freeway.

The detailed results: The '02 Prius with 208,000 miles on it got 40.4 mpg overall, compared to 40.6 mpg for the '01 Prius when it was brand new. Highway fuel economy for the old, used Prius was 48.3 mpg, compared to 48.6 mpg on the new Prius back in '01. And in the city, the numbers were 32.1 mpg compared to 30.5 mpg, respectively. (See chart below.)

When it comes to acceleration power, the difference was also negligible – the old used model went from 0 to 30 mph in 4.4 seconds, compared to 4.3 seconds for the new model 10 years ago. And, when the 0-to-60 time was measured, the numbers were 13.1 seconds and 12.7 seconds, respectively.

"Because it was a new technology back in 2000, I think the questions and concerns that people had at the time were understandable, especially when it came to how long the battery would last, and how long the battery would perform at top capacity," says Jake Fisher, a senior automotive engineer at Consumer Reports.

When most people think about batteries, they think about other batteries that don't last very long. Car batteries don't last more than a few years, and anyone who owns a laptop knows how quickly battery life can degrade over time.

"People back then were afraid that, over time, the miles per gallon would drop, it wouldn't run right, or that it wouldn't accelerate as quickly as it did when it was new," said Fisher.

Fisher says he recalls rumors about what it might cost to replace the Prius battery if that was required, with estimates as high as $10,000. But, right now, if the battery on that '02 Prius did need to be replaced, it would cost between $2,200 and $2,600 at a Toyota dealership.

"Except, it's doubtful that anyone would buy a brand-new hybrid battery for an eight-year-old vehicle," observes Fisher. "They would be most likely to go to a salvage yard, and find one on a low-mileage Prius, just like you would if you were looking to replace an engine or a transmission on any older car."

Consumer Reports found many such Prius batteries available at salvage yards in the $500 range.

Prius Taxis Perform

Bradly Berman, founder and editor of HybridCars.com and PluginCars.com, says that he is not surprised by Consumer Reports' test results. "For years, I've been seeing reports from Prius-driving taxi drivers, who have clocked 200,000 miles or more, and they've reported virtually no degradation of the battery or vehicle performance," says Berman. "There have been similar reports on HybridCars.com and other sites from individual long-distance hybrid drivers.

"This is not to say that absolutely no owners of first-generation hybrids have had to replace battery packs," adds Berman. "There have been a few, but my guess is that it's a single percentage point or two. By and large, these hybrid battery packs are way over-engineered. The carmakers were worried about battery longevity, and its potential impact on consumer acceptance, so they went overboard to make sure that the batteries would last longer than any other component of a conventional car."

Fisher and Berman agree that this kind of data should assuage any fears that consumers might have about hybrid technology and its long-range viability.

http://autos.aol.com/article/toyota-prius-reliability/

Now about reliability.
None of this will ever be published in The New York Post or mentioned on Fox News.  Read it for yourself...

https://www.google.com/search?q=prius+reliability&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Wow...really struck a nerve!

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_(book)

Help me out.  How does this figure into the thread?  All I know about Cass Sunstein is that Glenn Beck thinks he's the antichrist.

As you know, Cass Sunstein is a huge supporter of not changing laws but making changes in REGULATIONS which push people toward a different behavior. An example would be requiring alcohol in fuel, even though is saves no fossile fuels, in order to raise the price of corn and therefore the price of beef and other foods. Thus, people eat less beef.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I'm just too simple a person for conspiracy theories,  Pkr.  They're just way to complicated and convoluted for me.

My simple mind sees two fundamental explantations.

1.  Solyndra was a failure because it wasn't the shareholders' money being put at risk.  When the taxpayers are absorbing the risk it can and will usually be too risky.

2.  Solyndra was given taxpayer money for the same reason most businesses are given taxpayer money.  Because it's payback to the principals in the company for helping to get the politician votes.

How are "most" businesses given taxpayer money? I've owned businesses or been self employed for over 35 years. I don't recall the government ever sending me any "taxpayer" money. Where should I apply?

Markle

Markle

I am a big fan of domestic oil and gas production. The shale revolution here in the U.S. has rolled back previous thoughts about Peak Oil--for the next several decades, anyway. My hope is that it keeps America from waging yet another war for oil, such as were our recent conflicts in the Persian Gulf region.

Still, electric vehicles are going to become mainstream regardless of Markle's funny pontifications about it. There are so many uses for oil besides burning it for fuel. As Bob implies, the move to hybrid and electric cars will be driven by cost and efficiency. Sale oil and gas and petroleum from ultra-deep water ocean sources are very expensive to develop. This is going to keep the price of liquid fuels from petroleum sources high. At some point in the future, it will make a lot of sense to power vehicles with an energy source besides petroleum. Electricity will be that source.

I will put another burr under Markle's butt and use this thread to tout solar. Renewable electricity from solar generation is going to become mainstream in a big way later in the 21st Century--because at some point in the near future, electricity from solar will become cheaper than electricity from fossil-fuel sources. When cheap electricity undercuts expensive gasoline and diesel for powering vehicles, electric vehicles will become predominant. Seaoat, OtherShoe and Bob are just ahead of the game, and I admire you guys for it (wish I could have talked my wife into that Prius 4 years ago.....).[/color][/quote]

Where does the electricity come from?

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 2 Howelectriccarswork-1

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It is amazing to me that the supporters of drill baby drill seem to forget that it is the need for oil that has gotten us into most of our recent troubles in the world. If we could thumb our noses at all the oil producing nations and depend on our own renewable, clean, green energy we'd be in a lot better position on the world stage.

Big oil has focused fiercely on wiping out competition from non-oil energy sources promoting the "need" for individual transportation and sprawling development of cities. Fortunately the higher gas prices and the slowly emerging understanding of our climate change problems is turning public awareness and understanding toward the benefits of green energy. For whatever reasons, people are looking more and more toward electric cars etc. and it is about time.

And the results of the recent government involvement and endorsement of new technology is alone enough to dissuade public acceptance of it in the minds of many.  And that is a really tragic consequence of government incompetence and ineptitude.

Of course the technology has to perform well and be cost efficient but that takes time. For whatever reasons the US is behind the curve on solar development. China has gone into it head over heals and didn't want the competition from Solyndra.  The right wing, science denying, oil pushing press glommed on to the Solyndra story as the poster child for all they see that's wrong with research and development that diminishes big oil's grasp on the levers of the economy. It had a catchy name and was connected to the Obama administration, efforts to ween us away from oil and the added benefit of belittling the madness of venturing into the little understood arena of green energy. It was a company name and situation that Karl Rove himself would have been proud to have taken credit for.

It doesn't look like a "tragic consequence of government incompetence and ineptitude" to me but rather like a propaganda coup played to the hilt by Fox and Friends every time they smirk and mention the name Solyndra, now the code word for everything wrong with both government support of R&D and the crazy idea that there is energy to be captured from the sun.

China is also building one, ultra sophisticated, clean burning coal power plant per month and have more nuclear power plants under construction and being planned than the rest of the world combined.
But the technology itself has to perform well and be cost-efficient. Without that, it's not going to be successful no matter how much public money is pumped into it.

Come up with a way to store electricity as efficiently and cheaply as a water tower does for water or reservoirs and you'll become the richest person in the world overnight.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels.

New York can't repair them fast enough to keep them on the road plus the massive expense of repairing the Green Machines.

[...]

From the New York Post.
June 30, 2013

[b]The MTA’s electric revolution is grinding to a halt.[/b]

The agency hasn’t purchased an electric-diesel hybrid bus in three years, and as many as 389 — 23 percent of all its hybrids — could be retrofitted with new diesel engines soon, MTA officials revealed to The Post.

Union officials warned that the switch will come with a great cost — to the public’s health.

“It’s a slap in the face if they start going back to diesel again,” said a skeptical transit-union source. “It’s not good for people’s lungs.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/volt_
face_on_buses_TrJh6Hpaib0UZC7KBi4VrJ

###

Of course the UNIONS are opposed...not for green air but rather for green backs.  The fewer the Green Mobiles the fewer Union Man Hours to repair the failing beasts.

I wonder how much President Barack Hussein Obama paid New York to buy the boondoggle?

Page not found.

Works fine for me. Perhaps you're not holding your mouth right?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The truth is that diesel technology is constantly improving and is getting cleaner, and its unit cost is less expensive.  Even with the amply CNG now available, the improving diesel technologies are getting cleaner.  

It would help if you give links rather than mixing a political agenda to a simple trend in technology.   Not very honest.

Diesel exhaust has always made me sick...boats, cars, trucks, etc.  

And Markle is never honest.

I'd suggest you hold your breath.

PLEASE STEP UP and share with us what I posted which is NOT TRUE.  Or are you going to admit that you are lying...again?

Last edited by Markle on 7/1/2013, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:China is actually building coal-fired power plants like crazy, and buying-up all of the American coal that our government does not want us to burn here. Coal has become a major export commodity for the U.S., as this article explains:[/color]

"....Truth is while Obama and dirt-cheap natural gas are putting the kibosh on coal-fired power in the United States, there are currently 1,200 new coal-fired power plants in pre-construction phases in 59 different countries. China and India are leading the way, but there are some other lesser-known European nations that are also not giving coal the cold shoulder. Take Poland, for instance...''

Yes, and China is simultaneously pumping billions into renewable energy technologies, because they realize that a fossil fuel based economy is unsustainable.

They are also pumping billions into their military. All from the interest we are paying them on our massive, unsustainable debt.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It is amazing to me that the supporters of drill baby drill seem to forget that it is the need for oil that has gotten us into most of our recent troubles in the world. If we could thumb our noses at all the oil producing nations and depend on our own renewable, clean, green energy we'd be in a lot better position on the world stage.

Big oil has focused fiercely on wiping out competition from non-oil energy sources promoting the "need" for individual transportation and sprawling development of cities. Fortunately the higher gas prices and the slowly emerging understanding of our climate change problems is turning public awareness and understanding toward the benefits of green energy. For whatever reasons, people are looking more and more toward electric cars etc. and it is about time.

And the results of the recent government involvement and endorsement of new technology is alone enough to dissuade public acceptance of it in the minds of many.  And that is a really tragic consequence of government incompetence and ineptitude.

Of course the technology has to perform well and be cost efficient but that takes time. For whatever reasons the US is behind the curve on solar development. China has gone into it head over heals and didn't want the competition from Solyndra.  The right wing, science denying, oil pushing press glommed on to the Solyndra story as the poster child for all they see that's wrong with research and development that diminishes big oil's grasp on the levers of the economy. It had a catchy name and was connected to the Obama administration, efforts to ween us away from oil and the added benefit of belittling the madness of venturing into the little understood arena of green energy. It was a company name and situation that Karl Rove himself would have been proud to have taken credit for.

It doesn't look like a "tragic consequence of government incompetence and ineptitude" to me but rather like a propaganda coup played to the hilt by Fox and Friends every time they smirk and mention the name Solyndra, now the code word for everything wrong with both government support of R&D and the crazy idea that there is energy to be captured from the sun.

China is also building one, ultra sophisticated, clean burning coal power plant per month and have more nuclear power plants under construction and being planned than the rest of the world combined.
But the technology itself has to perform well and be cost-efficient.   Without that,  it's not going to be successful no matter how much public money is pumped into it.

Come up with a way to store electricity as efficiently and cheaply as a water tower does for water or reservoirs and you'll become the richest person in the world overnight.

China is building coal-fired power plants, but they are hardly "clean-burning" as you assert..... Please note the photo of the Beijing skyline below: 

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 2 Beijin10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm just too simple a person for conspiracy theories,  Pkr.  They're just way to complicated and convoluted for me.

My simple mind sees two fundamental explantations.

1.  Solyndra was a failure because it wasn't the shareholders' money being put at risk.  When the taxpayers are absorbing the risk it can and will usually be too risky.

2.  Solyndra was given taxpayer money for the same reason most businesses are given taxpayer money.  Because it's payback to the principals in the company for helping to get the politician votes.

How are "most" businesses given taxpayer money?  I've owned businesses or been self employed for over 35 years.  I don't recall the government ever sending me any "taxpayer" money.  Where should I apply?

"Solyndra was given taxpayer money for the same reason most businesses are given taxpayer money" does not mean "most businesses are given taxpayer money". I was in business 40 years and I didn't get any money from the government either, markle.
It means that most businesses which are given taxpayer money are given money for the reason I specified. The reason being political considerations, not sound economic reasons.
It happens at the local level and it happens at the federal level and every level in between. And no it's not just Obama Barack Hussein and progressive liberals who do it. It's also Bush Walker George and conservative republicans who do it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

They are also pumping billions into their military.  All from the interest we are paying them on our massive, unsustainable debt.

That part you got right.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 2 Howelectriccarswork-1

That's right too, markel. It comes from coal produced in America.
Which do you prefer we use for fuel, markel? Electricity made from coal produced in America?
Or gasoline made from Saudi and Iranian and Libyan and Venzuelan oil?
Do you hate America so much that you prefer to keep putting billions of dollars into the pockets of muslims, terrorists and dictators?
Do you the hate the word "electricity" that much? Do those ignorant retarded asswipes on fox and friends and talk radio control your fucking mind to that degree?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I'd suggest you hole your breath.

PLEASE STEP UP and share with us what I posted which is NOT TRUE.  Or are you going to admit that you are lying...again?

Did you mean "hold"? I suggest you "hold" your breath until a truthful word passes your slimy lips.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Floridatexan wrote:

I'm a fan of biodiesel made from algae in brackish water or some other non-food plant stock grown on land not suitable for farming anything for human or livestock consumption. The fumes smell like a kitchen fryer and don't make people sick. That has been a boon to tour boats and fishing charters that use bio. Besides 18 wheelers and other long haul vehicles bio could be used in everything from forklifts to school buses and reduce some of the CO2. It is also available domestically.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

But the technology itself has to perform well and be cost-efficient.   Without that,  it's not going to be successful no matter how much public money is pumped into it.

China is actually building coal-fired power plants like crazy, and buying-up all of the American coal that our government does not want us to burn here. Coal has become a major export commodity for the U.S., as this article explains:

Despite the President's speech last week, American coal companies are doing just fine, and oil companies will also be fine. The coal we will not burn will be exported and burned on the other side of the world. The net global effect on CO2 emissions will stay the same.....  

It is a very complicated topic and just won't fit on a bumper sticker. See this article about China's problems tinkering with the economic and production system and throwing in no small amount of greed on top of that. A recipe for disaster.

http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/news/headlines/chinas-solar-panel-boom-bust

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Bob wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

China is building coal-fired power plants, but they are hardly "clean-burning" as you assert..... Please note the photo of the Beijing skyline below: 

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 2 Beijin10

The ones they are building today are very clean burning.  Much of their pollution is from factories.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I'm a fan of biodiesel made from algae in brackish water or some other non-food plant stock grown on land not suitable for farming anything for human or livestock consumption. The fumes smell like a kitchen fryer and don't make people sick. That has been a boon to tour boats and fishing charters that use bio. Besides 18 wheelers and other long haul vehicles bio could be used in everything from forklifts to school buses and reduce some of the CO2. It is also available domestically.

Liquid biofuels from any source will never be anything more than a niche product. It takes many energy-inputs to make liquid biofuels, which now has a focus exclusively on corn-ethanol, which is hardly "green" and takes more energy to make than the energy the ethanol can provide. The ethanol industry would fold in a New York second if it was not heavily propped-up by the government through subsidies.

The first steps away from gasoline and diesel will come from natural-gas powered vehicles--mainly fleets, trucking, and even railroads. Then, electric vehicles will start supplanting the internal combustion engine.

Electricity is the best way to eventually replace oil and gas. Electricity can be generated from a host of sources, including renewable ones.

Of course, everything will be driven by price. Something has to become cheaper than petroleum for it to gain a foothold. Solar crossover, where power generated from the sun becomes cheaper than power generated from fossil-fuels, is very close (I have read by around 2016). That is going to be as big a game-changer as the shale oil and gas revolution has been. When it becomes cheaper to run cars off electricity than it does from gasoline, society will start ditching the internal combustion engine. Oil and gas will, however, be important to the energy mix for decades to come.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

That's right too, markel.  It comes from coal produced in America.  
Which do you prefer we use for fuel,  markel?  Electricity made from coal produced in America?
Or gasoline made from Saudi and Iranian and Libyan and Venzuelan oil?
Do you hate America so much that you prefer to keep putting billions of dollars into the pockets of muslims, terrorists and dictators?  
Do you the hate the word "electricity" that much?  Do those ignorant retarded asswipes on fox and friends and talk radio control your fucking mind to that degree?

Wow, really hit a nerve.  You obviously refused to do any homework.
This seems particularly appropriate for you today and your obvious, admitted ignorance.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
― Socrates

Does your needless use of profanity make you feel big and tough?  Truly...I am in awe of your machismo!  Big whoop!

Another Massive GREEN Failure...New York Replacing Hybrid City Busses Engines with Diesels. - Page 2 OilImports2013
http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/imports/companylevel/

Last edited by Markle on 7/1/2013, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add link)

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Did you mean "hold"?  I suggest you "hold" your breath until a truthful word passes your slimy lips.
― Socrates

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Did you mean "hold"?  I suggest you "hold" your breath until a truthful word passes your slimy lips.
― Socrates

Yes you hit a nerve and you're still hitting it.  And no the profanity got nothing to do with big and tough.  It happens whenever I see such a smart person let assholes do his thinking for him.   You and teo just piss me off.

Look at your fucking chart.  We used to import 25% of this fucking shit and over time that's grown to over 60%.  It's hundreds of billions of dollars of our wealth leaving the country every fucking year.
And then here you are putting up this fucking chart which shows it but you think the chart says Obama hussein.
And you can't understand why I cuss?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

wait a minute. i'm drunk and what i just said is just horseshit.
that chart don't show what i said.
maybe you're right, markle. maybe i'm fulla shit and Steve Doocy has it right.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But i can't stomach that punk kid of doocy's.  doocy himself is bad enough.
but oh god don't let me have to listen to son of doocy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum