Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opening Statements in the George Zimmerman Trial

+3
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

But I really need to know if Seaoat approves of this thread title. 

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/24/19116607-prosecution-defense-give-openings-in-george-zimmerman-trial?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

2seaoat

I approve.....nothing posted incorrect......but then again.....you started the thread.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

According to the prosecution, Trayvon Martin had no blood on his hands...and none of Zimmerman's DNA.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:I approve.....nothing posted incorrect......but then again.....you started the thread.
OK, with that settled, we can continue.Wink

boards of FL

boards of FL

Strange that the defense decided to tell a knock knock joke.  Hard to believe these people make the amount of money that they do.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sounded weird to me too.   But I would think that everything that is said is part of a strategy of some kind?

2seaoat

Jury picked....opening statements done....and we are looking at a week and a day.....OJ trial took 6 weeks to choose the jury.....we are going to see both sides in this trial being very professional and good......on opening the defendant will tell the jury what they expect to see from the evidence....or in this case what will not be seen....we will see if the joke will be tied together in closing.....but it is refreshing to see a judge who has taken control, and lawyers not playing to the media.

Nekochan wrote:But I really need to know if Seaoat approves of this thread title. 

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/24/19116607-prosecution-defense-give-openings-in-george-zimmerman-trial?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Did you check and see if anyone was lying in the thread? After all, you're not the messenger but you're responsible for any incorrect info. that may have been reported?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:But I really need to know if Seaoat approves of this thread title. 

Did you check and see if anyone was lying in the thread? After all, you're not the messenger but you're responsible for any incorrect info. that may have been reported?
LOL

I don't believe they will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Zimmerman murdered Martin. It's just not there.

2seaoat

I don't believe they will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Zimmerman murdered Martin. It's just not there.

Noted.......

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How did Martin beat up Zimmerman without getting a speck of Z's blood and/or DNA on his body?

2seaoat

How did Martin beat up Zimmerman without getting a speck of Z's blood and/or DNA on his body?

He used OJ's glove.....if it does not fit.....you must acquit.....

Where is Mark Furman to help us find that glove......oh....I forgot.....Mr. Martin died.......

Nekochan

Nekochan

Floridatexan wrote:According to the prosecution, Trayvon Martin had no blood on his hands...and none of Zimmerman's DNA.
Did the prosecution say this today?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So, do you think Zimmerman just walked up to Trayvon put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger? What happened next, did Z throw himself to the ground and smash head and bust his own nose?

2seaoat

So, do you think Zimmerman just walked up to Trayvon put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger? What happened next, did Z throw himself to the ground and smash head and bust his own nose?

The credibility of Zimmerman will be the focus......after the state puts their case in......and gets by a motion for directed.....we will see if Mr. Z takes the stand.......he can explain it all.....unless.....unless.....he has been lying.  I simply do not have a clue.......but if the state does their job on their case in chief....I doubt the defense team will ever let him get near the stand......this presents a problem.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:So, do you think Zimmerman just walked up to Trayvon put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger? What happened next, did Z throw himself to the ground and smash head and bust his own nose?

The credibility of Zimmerman will be the focus......after the state puts their case in......and gets by a motion for directed.....we will see if Mr. Z takes the stand.......he can explain it all.....unless.....unless.....he has been lying.  I simply do not have a clue.......but if the state does their job on their case in chief....I doubt the defense team will ever let him get near the stand......this presents a problem.

What evidence shows this was a murder?

Floridatexan wrote:How did Martin beat up Zimmerman without getting a speck of Z's blood and/or DNA on his body?
I heard on NPR on the way home Martin had Zimmerman's blood on his shirt. Also there is a neighbor who will testify Martin was on top pummeling Zimmerman and Zimmerman was calling for help. Now that's what the defense said in their opening statements.

I thought this was interesting from Wikipedia.
Sanford Police Investigation
Police officer Timothy Smith arrived at the scene at approximately 7:17 PM. He reported finding Zimmerman standing near Martin, who was lying face down in the grass and unresponsive.[15][18] At that time, Zimmerman stated to Smith that he had shot Martin and was still armed. Smith handcuffed Zimmerman and removed his weapon from him. Smith observed that Zimmerman's back was wet and covered with grass and he was bleeding from the nose and the back of his head.[15][105]
Ricardo Ayala, the second officer to arrive that night, noticed Officer Smith had Zimmerman in custody, then observed Martin lying face down in the grass and attempted to get a response from him. At this time, Sgt. Anthony Raimondo arrived and together with Ayala began CPR. Paramedics from Sanford Fire and Rescue arrived and continued CPR, finally declaring Martin dead at 7:30 PM.[15]
Other officers who had arrived by this time secured the area and made contact with neighbors in the area and obtained statements from witnesses at the scene. They did not realize Zimmerman had been in a vehicle, however, so it was moved before they could seize it.[106] Zimmerman was treated and released by paramedics while still at the scene of the incident.[15][105] After placing Zimmerman in his police vehicle, Officer Smith heard Zimmerman say, "I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me."[15][107] Zimmerman was then transported to the Sanford Police Department where he was questioned by investigators for approximately five hours.[15][19] The police determined that Zimmerman yelled for help at least 14 times in a 38 second span.[108] The question of who was calling for help has been disputed since then by others and remains inconclusive.

Guess who said they were yelling for help when being put in the police car at the scene? Zimmerman. Guess who had wet grass stains on their back?Zimmerman. Guess who was laying face down on the grass? Martin. That indicated Martin was on top like he said. The reports said the gun was 2-4 inches from the victim when he was shot.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lying in wet grass 2 policemen providing CPR followed by a paramedic team attempting resuscitation...transporting victim without bagging his hands....no DNA found. Not surprising at all.

2seaoat

I think I will actually wait for some evidence to be introduced at trial before guessing what is actually going to be evidence......but heck....the nation was captivated by the Lindberg trial....OJ.......and now this......we like our crime and court soap operas......

I wasn't guessing what evidence was going to be introduced,Seaoat. I reported what NPR said what the opening statements said. You really do have a problem.

2seaoat

I wasn't guessing what evidence was going to be introduced,Seaoat. I reported what NPR said what the opening statements said. You really do have a problem.

I thought you would be out shopping for more electronics.....its after 10pm.......oh well .....Wiki and NPR.....okie dokie.......and opening statements are not evidence.....but there was something very important that did happen in regard to evidence.....and a very important ruling by the judge in the morning......it should be interesting.

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:So, do you think Zimmerman just walked up to Trayvon put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger? What happened next, did Z throw himself to the ground and smash head and bust his own nose?

What evidence shows this was a murder?

None.

2seaoat

None.

Soothsayer.........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum