Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"It is absolutely not illegal" says former IRS head

+3
Floridatexan
Markle
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

The Equal Protection Clause, part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, provides that "no state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."[1] The Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection Clause applies only to state governments, but the requirement of equal protection has been read to apply to the federal government as a component of Fifth Amendment due process.

More concretely, the Equal Protection Clause, along with the rest of the Fourteenth Amendment, marked a great shift in American constitutionalism. Before the enactment of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Bill of Rights protected individual rights only from invasion by the federal government. After the Fourteenth Amendment was enacted, the Constitution also protected rights from abridgment by state leaders and governments, even including some rights that arguably were not protected from abridgment by the federal government. In the wake of the Fourteenth Amendment, the states could not, among other things, deprive people of the equal protection of the laws

--------------

this amendment is not segregated. If you think this law only protects one race, etc etc etc you are wrong. This law is for ALL Americans.

so lawsuits are pending. we shall see. ho in the hell someone can argue for this shit is beyond me. if this shit doesn't get taken care of, all I can say is when the repubs get back in office, they should get even.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:No,Seaoat.You're not twisting it around w/ your bullshit. I said it was not illegal.Chrissy said it was. You came on w/ your long tirade of insults of "legally blonde" and lack of understanding crap and said she was "dead cinch correct" and I should apologize to her. Oh ,let's not forget your borderline accusations. Now you're still trying to circumvent the issue by throwing in red herrings w/ your equal protections clause crap. You were wrong and if you had any integrity you would apologize to me. My bet is you really don't have any.

discrimination in this instance is illegal. it ill be determined. however im sure it will be passed over by this admin. now had this happened to liberal groups you would be agreeing.

the IRS is supposed to be a non bias organization.

were targeted, and now heads the IRS’s Obamacare office which oversees implementation.

The letter, sent by Webster, Chamberlain & Bean, LLP, is available here: www.teapartypatriots.org/irs-letter/

“It is clear the IRS discriminated against citizens of this country and violated their basic Constitutional rights as corroborated by the Inspector General Report. Sarah Hall Ingram allowed and possibly encouraged the outrageous and discriminatory tactics toward Tea Party Patriots based on political ideology, clearly violating her supposedly unbiased office,” said Jenny Beth Martin, Co-Founder and National Coordinator of Tea Party Patriots. “We do not trust the IRS to implement the Affordable Care Act in a fair and equal manner and further do not trust anyone who was involved in targeting tea party groups to administer the Affordable Health Care Act in a fair and equal manner. Discrimination while making those decisions would not only impact Constitutional rights but could very well impact life and death decisions for all Americans

Im not sure how you can defend this action but im not surprised. your integrity is that of a maggot on a jackasses ass. because you really don't think, you just base every answer on the simple mentality of "protect the (D)'s at any cost.http://www.teapartypatriots.org/2013/05/tpp-demands-tax-exempt-official-be-terminated-all-documents-emails-be-preserved/

I think we will find out.

Complete and TOTAL BS...there was no partisanship. There was a concerted effort to gain tax-exempt status and nondisclosure by these entities, of which a large number were associated with the Tea Party and the GOP...this was a method...nothing more...to weed out the non-profits from the political tax dodgers...the IRS doing its job.

Audit them all.

"It is absolutely not illegal" says former IRS head - Page 2 AnimatedLaughterPink.gif

You just can't make these things up. Here we have the Progressives saying the IRS did NOT do something...even the IRS said they did AND apologized for having done.

This could be the one that brings down President Barack Hussein Obama...especially with the other three and a fifth one on the horizon. What is it about second terms?

2seaoat

if this shit doesn't get taken care of, all I can say is when the repubs get back in office, they should get even.

get back in office? Who do you think controls the House Ways and Means committee where the mistakes were made?

yes... because the tax code simply isn't big enough to expect the irs to treat everyone fairly.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/10/how_many_words_are_in_the_tax_code_.html

2seaoat wrote:if this shit doesn't get taken care of, all I can say is when the repubs get back in office, they should get even.

get back in office? Who do you think controls the House Ways and Means committee where the mistakes were made?

tables turn you know.

they always do. we bounce back in forth all the time. so any law that one side makes or breaks needs to understand, they might be next to be staring at the pitch fork.

oh and this incident as specifically over seen by ingram in cincinatti. a Obama donor they are trying to protect now, who has gotten a nice fat bonus and a comfy little promotion to oversee obamacare. so trying to blam people at the very top of such a large organization doesn't work. you can do it if it makes you feel better tho lol... but its like saying that every little thing that happens in a hospital is the fault of the ceo, and it don't wrk that way. if it did, surgeons would never get sued, the ceo would. but now if you really want to go down the blame the guy at the top, you know the ceo, we can, and that would be obummer now wouldn't it. or are we going to try and be pick and choose how far up we want to blame till we land on a republican? yes yes, I know Rolling Eyes

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:We know that lawyers are always truthful. Smile

Especially when it is their own butt in the sling.

If everything is so innocent at the Internal Revenue Service, why has Lois Lerner, a top IRS Official retained a CRIMINAL ATTORNEY and will be pleading the Fifth Amendment at her hearings?

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

If everything is so innocent at the Internal Revenue Service, why has Lois Lerner, a top IRS Official retained a CRIMINAL ATTORNEY and will be pleading the Fifth Amendment at her hearings?

Because she's smart, dumbass.

When you have the Speaker of the House declaring he wants to know who's going to jail before a second of testimony is heard, it's time to lawyer up.

The Republicans are looking for scalps.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Because she's smart, dumbass.

When you have the Speaker of the House declaring he wants to know who's going to jail before a second of testimony is heard, it's time to lawyer up.

The Republicans are looking for scalps.

As well they should be. However, you left out some honorable Democrats who have said the same thing. They know this is massive and we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:You're a dumbass. It's not a protected class so therefore not illegal.

No actually folks can violate the equal protection clause, and the victims can in fact not be in a protected class. However, conceptually it would require a great deal more reading and understanding for me even to try to correct you again. So calling Chrissy a dumbasz may make you feel good, but you are simply without the educational background to understand how wrong your post is...........now five minutes of how Seaoat is full of BS.....hell any sophomore in a college government class understands how the equal protection clause is applied, and it does not only apply to protected classes.

Here is a simple primer which might allow you to learn how it works. It is plain written and without a great deal of legalese. You will see after reading this and comprehending how equality of law is achieved, that it is not limited to protected groups.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/equal_protection

Seaoat......perfecting the art of handing their ass to em since the days of the PNJ. Bravo my man!!!!

2seaoat wrote:What does this say,Seaoat? Do you see any political class mentioned there?

This is really hard. I will only try to give you examples of how a government classification or enforcement of law can be illegal, and have nothing to do with a protected class. Let us say that the government had a chief of an audit division which was in charge of agricultural enforcement. The IRS did a random sample and determined that two groups were overstating their tax deductions on the random study. The field office had 100 agents allocated to audit pig farmers and sheep farmers. The sheep farmers were shown to have an 70% over statement of expenses on returns but only represented about 10 million of uncollected taxes. The pig farmers were shown to have a 60% over statement of expenses on returns but the total tax lost in this overstatement was getting near 1 billion dollars.

The supervisors decided to focus on collecting the most tax revenue and put 90% of their agents on pig farm audits. Either decision would be supported by the rational basis test and neither group is a protected group. However, if it was shown that the random audit was not done fairly, and the pig lobby illegally influenced the random sample, and an agent took the 90 agents and flip flopped them.......and the sheep farmers filed an action seeking to find the acts of those government agents who unfairly targeted sheep farmers, and that the criteria for the same was wrongfully determined and had no rational basis to the decision, the courts would find that the unprotected class of sheep farmers had their equal protection rights violated and the audits would be found to have been illegal. This is about playing the game fairly under the rules. The strict scrutiny test and the need to have a compelling state interest is not the only equal protection violation which will be a violation of the law. Again, do some reading, and understand how the different test and levels of proof are not limited to protected classes. So a political party may not have the protected class protection for the compelling state interest standard, but where corruption or selection did not allow that political group to get treated fairly, the government could be found to have denied equal protection of the law. Unlawful behavior is a spectrum which starts with constitutional rights, but can include criminal statutes. Unlawful is not limited to just criminal statute violations. Reading and learning is fun....it does not have to be confrontational, but when opinions are stated without understanding the concepts, it really only takes a little reading to comprehend these rather elementary concepts.

There is one little fact you left out which makes all your bloviating null and void. In order to be treated unfairly you have to have suffered a consequence of that ill treatment. There was no consequences of the IRS scrutiny. They were not denied their tax exempt status. Furthermore, if the rational basis scrutiny is applied the Govt. will always win. This is evident in many aspects of our society. The govt. had a legitimate rational basis to discriminate in order to pursue a legitimate govt. goal. We suffer discrimination in many aspects today that are perfectly legal. Gay people cannot have the same benefits as heterosexuals, girls can't join the boy scouts,

2seaoat

if the rational basis scrutiny is applied the Govt. will always win.

Well not exactly, but a much better reasoned post, and you are correct on damages.

2seaoat wrote:if the rational basis scrutiny is applied the Govt. will always win.

Well not exactly, but a much better reasoned post, and you are correct on damages.

I didn't finish my post. It got knocked out.

The SCOTUS have rarely gone against the interests of the Govt. on a rational basis unless it was a strict scrutiny based on a protected class. It was not illegal.

2seaoat

The SCOTUS have rarely gone against the interests of the Govt. on a rational basis unless it was a strict scrutiny based on a protected class. It was not illegal.

Not exactly, but again......must better reasoning and use of concepts. We will see if under the rational basis test there was improper classifications and criteria. After watching the hearings, I saw no evidence of illegal criteria, and hope the AG offers immunity so we can get testimony to get a better idea.

Now you have a different story. You said a few days ago Chrissy was "dead cinch correct" it was discrimination and now you see no illegalities. I won't bother to post it. LOL! However, I just wanted to point out after your ridiculous rant about "intellectual fraudism" how FOS you are. You can be convincing though to the dimwits.

2seaoat

You can be convincing though to the dimwits.

Was I convincing? Please take the time to show my post which said it was illegal. You need to distinguish between the evidence, and the tests which apply to that evidence in determining illegality. Chrissy was responding to your incorrect post that the due process clause would not apply to a political group because they were not a protected class.....you were incorrect, and yes......Chrissy was correct.........I am glad you were convinced, but I am still a bit skeptical, because you consistently are challenged by legal concepts, but since reading a bit, your concepts are better formed.

2seaoat wrote:You can be convincing though to the dimwits.

Was I convincing? Please take the time to show my post which said it was illegal. You need to distinguish between the evidence, and the tests which apply to that evidence in determining illegality. Chrissy was responding to your incorrect post that the due process clause would not apply to a political group because they were not a protected class.....you were incorrect, and yes......Chrissy was correct.........I am glad you were convinced, but I am still a bit skeptical, because you consistently are challenged by legal concepts, but since reading a bit, your concepts are better formed.

No, Chrissy wasn't responding to the due process clause.She never responded in that thread where you make the statement she was correct.She said it in another thread in which you responded in the thread "Mr. Markle and Seaoat were correct". This is what you said and you're trying to sidestep it now.

"Now your second sentence in your post is not comprehensible. I hate to try to figure out what you are thinking, but if you are suggesting a violation of the law by the government is not illegal, you are incorrect. The court reviewing the classification will make a declaration that the classification does not meet the standard and is a violation of the law. Now in this plasma of confused concepts you are suggesting that an illegal act can only rise to the level of a criminal charge, you are simply incorrect in your terms. No one is suggesting that the rational basis theory when applied to the equal protection clause results in criminal charges. It does not. However, the AG office should in fact be reviewing these decisions to see if any criminal conduct was involved. I am not suggesting there was, but an independent review by the AG is necessary.

I think you owe Chrissy an apology. She may not have been entirely articulate in how the standards are applied which she even admitted, but her conclusion was dead cinch correct."

Her conclusion was "dead cinch correct",huh and now you're saying that was never your statement? LOL!

2seaoat

The court reviewing the classification will make a declaration that the classification does not meet the standard and is a violation of the law.

What part of court review do you not understand. You simply have cognitive limitations with other factors compounding your lack of education. Chrissy most certainly was right in telling you that to determine if the equal protection clause is violated, does not only apply to protected classes. You were wrong then, and you are wrong now......no big deal to me because after a couple threads it is obvious where your deficiencies are, and most people learn to quietly take a step back when putting their foot in their mouth.......I love your tenacity.......but we may have to find a podiatrist who has a dental practice to have the expertise for foot removal on a regular basis.

2seaoat wrote: The court reviewing the classification will make a declaration that the classification does not meet the standard and is a violation of the law.

What part of court review do you not understand. You simply have cognitive limitations with other factors compounding your lack of education. Chrissy most certainly was right in telling you that to determine if the equal protection clause is violated, does not only apply to protected classes. You were wrong then, and you are wrong now......no big deal to me because after a couple threads it is obvious where your deficiencies are, and most people learn to quietly take a step back when putting their foot in their mouth.......I love your tenacity.......but we may have to find a podiatrist who has a dental practice to have the expertise for foot removal on a regular basis.

WTF! Chrissy never said a word about equal protection clauses. She simply said it was illegal based on discrimination. I never took you for being deceitful but you apparently are or you're impaired from your medications. You show me where Chrissy ever said anything like that and I'll eat my hat.

2seaoat

discrimination in this instance is illegal. it ill be determined. however im sure it will be passed over by this admin. now had this happened to liberal groups you would be agreeing.

Chrissy wrote this. She confirmed that the illegality had to be determined and that the IRS should be fair and non biased.

She also in this thread clearly told you that your were incorrect in your misguided and uneducated position that the due process clause when dealing with equal protection questions only applies to protected groups.

jocolor you are a funny girl.....you entertain me, but please do not eat your hat........I am sure it is a really big hat......... lol!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Seaoat is pretty much always right when it comes to legal issues.
I think he's a damn lawyer. Twisted Evil

2seaoat

Seaoat is pretty much always right when it comes to legal issues.

I was going to teach most of what we discuss 40 years ago.....a college professor.....but I made a career change, and never stopped reading and keeping abreast with constitutional and legal issues. I am very kind with Dreams. She is often very correct on an issue, but other times she lacks prerequisite knowledge and makes incredible blunders in concepts. I admit I do not have the time to keep up as much as I did 35 years ago, but I do read Supreme Court cases, and I am a real fan of L. Tribe, a constitutional scholar who taught President Obama.....a brilliant man who I loved his books which are still some of the most insightful. If Dreams would do more reading and less pretending on some issues, she would have more credibility......and I am not always right, because a lot of things have changed from forty years ago....and on some issues I need to brush up.

2seaoat wrote:discrimination in this instance is illegal. it ill be determined. however im sure it will be passed over by this admin. now had this happened to liberal groups you would be agreeing.

Chrissy wrote this. She confirmed that the illegality had to be determined and that the IRS should be fair and non biased.

She also in this thread clearly told you that your were incorrect in your misguided and uneducated position that the due process clause when dealing with equal protection questions only applies to protected groups.

jocolor you are a funny girl.....you entertain me, but please do not eat your hat........I am sure it is a really big hat......... lol!

Whoa! She never said any such thing. That is what I asked you to show me...not what you posted. I already stated she said that.You're trying to pull a bluff here.Show me where Chrissy said that. Simple request,Seaoat. Show me where Chrissy said anything about the due process clause.

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 5/24/2013, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan wrote:Seaoat is pretty much always right when it comes to legal issues.

You're easily fooled by him. It's not surprising when you don't know.

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat is pretty much always right when it comes to legal issues.

I was going to teach most of what we discuss 40 years ago.....a college professor.....but I made a career change, and never stopped reading and keeping abreast with constitutional and legal issues. I am very kind with Dreams. She is often very correct on an issue, but other times she lacks prerequisite knowledge and makes incredible blunders in concepts. I admit I do not have the time to keep up as much as I did 35 years ago, but I do read Supreme Court cases, and I am a real fan of L. Tribe, a constitutional scholar who taught President Obama.....a brilliant man who I loved his books which are still some of the most insightful. If Dreams would do more reading and less pretending on some issues, she would have more credibility......and I am not always right, because a lot of things have changed from forty years ago....and on some issues I need to brush up.

No you're not and when you're wrong you try to bluff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum