Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Korea Provoked by Exercise--USMC Helicopter Crashes Near DMZ

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130416/DEFREG03/304160014/U-S-Military-Helicopter-Crashes-Near-N-Korea-Border

Exercise Foal Eagle. North Korea is angry over this exercise, which it sees as an invasion rehearsal. They used to call this exercise "Team Spirit" back in the day. I participated in Team Spirt-79 and Team Spirit-86. We assaulted the beach on South Korea's eastern coast, north of Pohang. In '86, I had two overloaded jeeps inside my CH-53D, and instead of turning left away from my tail-rotor (proper nomenclature: "rotary-rudder") like he was supposed to, the driver drove straight back and his trailer bounced up into my tail rotor. I had to execute an emergency shut-down and ended up replacing two tail rotor blades in the muddy rice paddy we landed in. I remember a toothless old Korean lady came out and started laughing her ass off at our broken-down helicopter.

The article described the CH-53E that went down on the DMZ as having a "hard-landing." Twenty-one people aboard, but all survived, even though the helicopter was destroyed by a post-crash fire. "Hard landing" is an understatement-clearly another Class A mishap. CH-53s are notorious widow-makers, and when I flew them they were sometimes referred to as "Crowd-Killers." You had to have your stuff tightly-packed to fly those aircraft safely. The last CH-53 crash has yet to occur.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

NK is not provoked. They are belligerant and talk a ton of smack. The Unger, after talking crap, took to two week hiatus in hiding until just yesterday. If there was a war on the peninsula, it would have already happened. The Unger is trying to show the mil leadership that he has cahones like his pop, nothing else. I know you really want this to happen, but after 60 years of "crying wolf' that they were going to attack, it's not going to occur. You are disappointed I am sure. In the words of your hero the Unger:

"So solly chollie"

I've had to fly in 53's on many occasions, always reminded me of 20,000 parts flying in formation, somewhat.....but it is a workhouse, no doubt about that.

nochain wrote:I've had to fly in 53's on many occasions, always reminded me of 20,000 parts flying in formation, somewhat.....but it is a workhouse, no doubt about that.

I rode in a few, rapelled out of more than a few and never liked them at all. I watched one crash at CLNC back in the day during a field op.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:NK is not provoked. They are belligerant and talk a ton of smack. The Unger, after talking crap, took to two week hiatus in hiding until just yesterday. If there was a war on the peninsula, it would have already happened. The Unger is trying to show the mil leadership that he has cahones like his pop, nothing else. I know you really want this to happen, but after 60 years of "crying wolf' that they were going to attack, it's not going to occur. You are disappointed I am sure. In the words of your hero the Unger:

"So solly chollie"

Why do you call him, the "Unger"?

Because we called his dad the "Jonger". Does it matter? It's a joke within the military and you'd have to be in to understand I guess.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
nochain wrote:I've had to fly in 53's on many occasions, always reminded me of 20,000 parts flying in formation, somewhat.....but it is a workhouse, no doubt about that.

I rode in a few, rapelled out of more than a few and never liked them at all. I watched one crash at CLNC back in the day during a field op.

Quite a "hard landing" indeed. Thankfully, all on-board survived the accident:

North Korea Provoked by Exercise--USMC Helicopter Crashes Near DMZ _The_wreckage_of_a_1711500a

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum