Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some info on diet Soda

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 12:16 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:

Maybe I am fool

Nah, a WHOLE lot of people are saying the artificial sweeteners are bad for us. I've had several friends tell me I'm poisoning myself with them. And there are probably ten thousand websites on the internet which say the same thing.
You're in the majority on this. And even though the stuff hasn't seemed to have an effect on me, it may have an effect on others. I just don't know.

People metabolize substances that go in their body in different ways. Some people can just look at a piece of chocolate cake and gain 5 lbs whereas another can eat the whole damn thing and loose weight.

I have no idea whether or not diet sodas containing aspartame are dangerous or not, there is just far too many conflicting articles out there to make a rational decision. A decision that I am certainly glad I do not have to make since I have not drank a soda of any kind in probably 40 years. My beverages of choice are coffee, sweet tea(sugar), water and maybe a beer or two maybe twice a year.

As long as I remain healthy, I will continue down the path that I am going with no worries and no looking back with regret.

The health benefits of coffee outweigh any negative effects of caffeine, that's for sure.

27Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 12:18 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:I drank beer and whiskey for 22 years. I started when I was around 18. For many years I drank almost a 1/5th a day or a case of beer every day or almost every day.. Worked a job, sometimes two, No DUIs, No heath problems, never got laid off or fired because of drinking. I was a welder for 40 years, breathing tons of black smoke and fumes. I go on on and on about shipyard hazards. By every standard, I should be in poor health.

I could tell you why I eat and live like I do but it is really no ones choice or concern but mine. The same goes for you. I only try to share a few things that work for me. No one else. I watched a person with advanced Melanoma slow the advance of it and finally put into remission by drinking Carrot Juice. It was his last hope, he had been to some of the best doctors in the US with limited results. Bull Shit? Maybe wearing Blue socks would have done the same thing? I dont know. I can only share what I have witnessed.

Maybe I am fool and I am only deluding my self. So be it. I believe in the healing powers of food. I am not going to defend any thing.
The ultimate choices on staying alive and healthy is yours.

Staying healthy yes, staying alive, not so much. Not a single one of us can control when, where and how we will die.

I'm not so sure I agree w/ that. I'm never going to be eaten by a shark cause I don't go in the ocean.

28Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 12:20 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:I drank beer and whiskey for 22 years. I started when I was around 18. For many years I drank almost a 1/5th a day or a case of beer every day or almost every day.. Worked a job, sometimes two, No DUIs, No heath problems, never got laid off or fired because of drinking. I was a welder for 40 years, breathing tons of black smoke and fumes. I go on on and on about shipyard hazards. By every standard, I should be in poor health.

I could tell you why I eat and live like I do but it is really no ones choice or concern but mine. The same goes for you. I only try to share a few things that work for me. No one else. I watched a person with advanced Melanoma slow the advance of it and finally put into remission by drinking Carrot Juice. It was his last hope, he had been to some of the best doctors in the US with limited results. Bull Shit? Maybe wearing Blue socks would have done the same thing? I dont know. I can only share what I have witnessed.

Maybe I am fool and I am only deluding my self. So be it. I believe in the healing powers of food. I am not going to defend any thing.

Staying healthy yes, staying alive, not so much. Not a single one of us can control when, where and how we will die.

I'm not so sure I agree w/ that. I'm never going to be eaten by a shark cause I don't go in the ocean.

OK your facetiousness is noted.

29Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 12:50 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I was serious about that.

30Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 1:14 pm

No offence taken by anyones post. We must say what we think. I understand where everyone is coming from. Like Mr Oats I hear "Well if you had eaten more blueberrys and had not been a welder you would not have issues with your eyes" I understand but that is not what I did.
We are lucky to be able to have such choices on what to eat. Good thread. More comments if you wish

31Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 1:16 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What kind of supplements to you guys take, if any? I take 400 mg of CoEnzyme Q10 every day. I started in 1998, and found it to be very beneficial for me. I buy it online from Vitacost.com.

CoQ10 is a very powerful antioxidant, and it helps your body utilize energy. It is very good stuff.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

32Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 1:35 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I realize you may have been serious about not going in the ocean, however the fact remains that you still have absolutely no control of your own death.

33Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 1:37 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:What kind of supplements to you guys take, if any? I take 400 mg of CoEnzyme Q10 every day. I started in 1998, and found it to be very beneficial for me. I buy it online from Vitacost.com.

CoQ10 is a very powerful antioxidant, and it helps your body utilize energy. It is very good stuff.

I do not take any supplements, however I do take a monthly does of Vitamin B.

34Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 1:47 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I realize you may have been serious about not going in the ocean, however the fact remains that you still have absolutely no control of your own death.

I'm not sure I agree w/ that statement. Yes, there are some genetic components that we can't override sometimes but I do think we have control over what we die of in a great many instances. What we die of and when we die is control. Death in it self is not.

35Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 2:22 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
I'm not sure I agree w/ that statement. Yes, there are some genetic components that we can't override sometimes but I do think we have control over what we die of in a great many instances. What we die of and when we die is control. Death in it self is not.

OK. I'll give you the how and why, but the when is beyond our control. Man has faced death since the beginning of time and no one has ever been about to take any control over it.

Granted, there are things that can be done to prolong it and things that can even hasten it. I may be an atheist, but I still believe that we are all predestined to die

Last edited by Ghost_Rider1 on 4/6/2013, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

36Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 2:24 pm

Car rear ended on bay bridge and goes into water.. woman escapes car then eaten by bullshark..

37Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 2:34 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

OK. I'll give you the how and why, but the when is beyond our control. Man has faced death since the beginning of time and no one has ever been about to take any control over it.

Granted, there are things that can be done to prolong it and things that can even hasten it. I may be an atheist, but I still believe that we are all predestined to die

Your statements are confusing. What do you mean we are all predestined to die? Of course, our destiny is to die. Are you saying it is already determined what we are going to die of or when?

38Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 2:41 pm

Lurch wrote:Car rear ended on bay bridge and goes into water.. woman escapes car then eaten by bullshark..

I don't drive over bridges for the most part. I went to a party in Gulf Breeze last weekend and my 17 yr. old granddaughter drove me because I was going to take 87. It was a ride from hell. She drove fast,tailgated and attempted to text. I told her I was going to throw the phone out the window if she tried that again. I wished I had driven over the bridge and took my chances w/ the sharks.

39Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 2:48 pm

I sank 3X's.. twice in cars and once in a boat.. When the boat went down I felt something Big bumping the life raft and it wasn't a good feeling.. With the cars there weren't any sharks.. just gators and water moccasins.. What a Face
I only swim in my backyard Smile

40Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 3:04 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Your statements are confusing. What do you mean we are all predestined to die? Of course, our destiny is to die. Are you saying it is already determined what we are going to die of or when?

No just predestined to die, but none of us know when we are going to die, thus we have no control over it.

41Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 3:17 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's not based on any science or anything else but I'm convinced the only reason I'm still alive is all that tea I drink.
I have always had the most unhealthy lifestyle anyone can have. I smoke and drink and eat junk food and don't exercise. And somehow I've made it 64 years without any problems. And I don't take it for granted either, I thank my lucky stars every day for it.
But when I step back and try to analyze it, the only explanation I can come up with is all that tea. Several years ago I got the green tea bug. So I tried switching from black to green. But that stuff just didn't have the rich flavor I was addicted to. So I switched to part green and part black. But I make the same amount of tea with three family size tea bags instead of two. I still use the two black tea bags but now I add a green family size tea bag. When I do that I can't tell the difference in the flavor from all black tea.
I'll be going on a 9 day trip in a few weeks. And I always take the tea bags and the aspartame packets with me every time I go anywhere. Even when I visit friends overnight.
Tea has been velly velly goot to me.
If Mayor Bloomstein or Mayor Hayward or President Obama or W.D. Childers or any of the other politicians bans tea they'll have to pry that glass of tea out of my cold dead fingers.

42Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 8:26 pm

Staying healthy yes, staying alive, not so much. Not a single one of us can control when, where and how we will die

I am in control of my life. If I choose I can be dead in 10 minutes. I can pick up the pistol from this desk and put a round in my head..Thats When, where and how. The choice is mine.

43Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Staying healthy yes, staying alive, not so much. Not a single one of us can control when, where and how we will die

I am in control of my life. If I choose I can be dead in 10 minutes. I can pick up the pistol from this desk and put a round in my head..Thats When, where and how. The choice is mine.

Boy now you've hit on one of the topics that as I'm getting older really fascinates me as much as about anything. If we're really suffering and all quality of life is gone, and we still have the wherewithall to do it, will we have the ultimate courage to blow our brains out.
And after a lot of debate both with myself and with others, I think the only answer to that question is we cannot know if we have the guts UNTIL it's showtime. Anything else is just speculation.
Some will have the guts. Many will not. And there is no way to know what proportion of us will have that guts. So there is just no way to know before the fact.
I just hope the aspartame is so poisonous that it kills me in my sleep so I don't have to face that decision. lol

44Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:18 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of the problems I have with it is just the idea of the aftermath. After pieces of our skull and brain are splattered around.
No we won't have to witness it, but others will. I'm a little uncomfortable with others seeing my head in shatters.
AND although it will be very momentary, what if the brain function stays alive long enough to experience the horror of it.
AND what if it don't kill us and instead leaves us alive as freakish vegetables with half our faces missing and hooked up to a ventilator to keep us alive and for gods sakes for how much longer.

I just don't think it's the best option. But it is the most convenient. I don't know where to get cyanide pills and I don't know if that works in real life the way it does in the movies. Hardly anything does.
And then there's jumping. From a bridge, from a building or whatever. I'm afraid of heights so I probably don't have the gumption enough to do that either.

45Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:31 pm

I would never subject my family and friends to a weapons type suicide. I had two friends that chose that route. The issues that are caused are unfathomable. But someone could just misread their meds and double up or go swimming and have a cramp. Or ride a bicycle on Barrancas, LOL

46Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:31 pm

2seaoat

Suicide hurts survivors.......you really have to hate your family not to seek greater pain relief, and other alternatives. A gunshot is not pretty, and do you really want a grandchild or child to come upon that..........with modern medications you can check out long before you check out.

47Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Suicide hurts survivors.......you really have to hate your family not to seek greater pain relief, and other alternatives. A gunshot is not pretty, and do you really want a grandchild or child to come upon that..........with modern medications you can check out long before you check out.

I don't think I could do it. But some do.

48Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:45 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote: or go swimming
I forgot about drowning.
Some people have a real phobia of even accidentally drowning. I think there must be something in our psyche's that makes the idea of "not be able to breath" be a big boogeyman.
I couldn't drown myself either.

49Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:47 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pill overdose might be the one tolerable method. But I'd have to learn a whole lot more about pharmaceuticals first. Right now I would have no clue which one to use.

50Some info on diet Soda - Page 2 Empty Re: Some info on diet Soda 4/6/2013, 10:51 pm

Bob wrote:Pill overdose might be the one tolerable method. But I'd have to learn a whole lot more about pharmaceuticals first. Right now I would have no clue which one to use.

It is not aspartame. You have already proven that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum