Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just a little info

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just a little info Empty Just a little info 9/22/2013, 2:06 pm

no stress

no stress

Many of us are dealing with or possibly will deal with parents with alzheimers or possibly kids with autism. There is a local program that I am a part of that offers assistance in the event that your loved one wanders away . Here is a link to it http://www.projectlifesaver.org/ After being on the search for the little guy from N.O that went missing I have tried to educate myself more on autism and alzheimers and how it affects the actions of the person affected by it. Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in more local info.

2Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 2:30 pm

Autism is quite peculiar. I did a practicum at Lakeview before my student teaching with those types of kids. They wore me out every day, but it sure was fun.

3Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 2:49 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Gunz wrote:Many of us are dealing with or possibly will deal with parents with alzheimers or possibly kids with autism.   There is a local program that I am a part of that offers assistance in the event that your loved one wanders away .  Here is a link to it     http://www.projectlifesaver.org/        After being on the search for the little guy from N.O that went missing I have tried to educate myself more on autism and alzheimers and how it affects the actions of the person affected by it.   Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in more local info.
Great information.

4Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 5:50 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Autism is quite peculiar. I did a practicum at Lakeview before my student teaching with those types of kids. They wore me out every day, but it sure was fun.
That's surprising as most kids with autism certainly are not very active.

more reclusive.

I think the programs pcola has are stupid.

sorry. but your school system is stupid, your ese system is stupid, and there really are no viable programs there to deal with autistic people much less your adh kids who really are not even adh.

Let me do you all a big favor if you are dealing with autistic children as I have one.

Put that child on methyl b12 from GNC

My son also goes to the dan Moreno center for observations.

he is in a private school which I pay for.

but even without all of the other stuff, I can assure you, methyl b-12 works miracles.

not cheap b12.... not the same

do it if you know someone, now im gonna go back to my daily obcession

5Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 6:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Project Lifesaver....is not just for autism.

6Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 6:12 pm

No school program can take the place of a parent doing their job. The school system is not there to cure your kids behavior problems which many autistic kids have. They are there to teach them subjects. It annoys me when parents complain about the school system and their failure when the failure is the parent themselves. I see the difference between the parents who dealt w/ their children's disabilities and the parents who didn't and expected the school to do it. Those are the complainers.

7Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 6:14 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:No school program can take the place of a parent doing their job. The school system is not there to cure your kids behavior problems which many autistic kids have. They are there to teach them subjects. It annoys me when parents complain about the school system and their failure when the failure is the parent themselves. I see the difference between the parents who dealt w/ their children's disabilities and the parents who didn't and expected the school to do it. Those are the complainers.
Amen to that!

8Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 6:21 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:No school program can take the place of a parent doing their job. The school system is not there to cure your kids behavior problems which many autistic kids have. They are there to teach them subjects. It annoys me when parents complain about the school system and their failure when the failure is the parent themselves. I see the difference between the parents who dealt w/ their children's disabilities and the parents who didn't and expected the school to do it. Those are the complainers.
cheers

9Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 6:55 pm

I certainly don't expect it, because I know youre all dumb asses lol

10Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 7:48 pm

Surely you jest with all your knowledge about medicine. I guess no one told you there are different variations of autism and not all kids sit in the corner and do nothing.

Thanks Gunz, nice link.

11Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 8:06 pm

doubtingthomas wrote:Surely you jest with all your knowledge about medicine. I guess  no one told you there are different variations of autism and not all kids sit in the corner and do nothing.

Thanks Gunz, nice link.
I do not jest.

I lived there remember. your schools suck and so do your programs there. perhaps guns has found a good one, kudos if this is the case.

and there is clear evidence that methyl b12 works. its something people can get over the counter. why not try it if you know someone with this condition? no reason unless your a dumbass.

its done wonders for my son. even his speech therapist is now trying her son on it because she has seen a difference in my son since he began taking it.

so no, im not jesting. im serious as a heart attack. im just a little sarcastic and bitchy that all. but this place makes me that way if I hang here too long. and ive been hanging here too long lol

so bite my ass mr insurance salesmen

12Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 8:08 pm

My kids are in a job program learning how to work and take care of themselves. None of them sit in a corner.

13Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 8:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Gunz was talking about Project Lifesaver.

14Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 8:43 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Good thread, Gunz.  

I think that autistic kids can have a wide range of behaviors.

15Just a little info Empty Re: Just a little info 9/22/2013, 9:23 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Never heard of it till lately.
Anyone here over 45 ever went to school with or heard of an autism kid?
I didn't. Then again, I never heard of a school shooting or needed a resource officer either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum