Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Area Kennels for Large Breeds

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/15/2013, 3:24 am

The Viking

The Viking

Wife & I are "parents" of a 4 year old German Shepherd.

We're looking for a kennel/doggy spa in the area that has both indoor/outdoor facilities; preferably one that allows the dogs to go outside on their own whenever they want.

Thanks in advance for your help!

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Cain's dog house on Creighton! It's the only place I allow my "ladies" to stay.

They are wonderful and have both an indoor and outdoor secure play area.

I love the place and my girls nearly trample me over trying to get in which speaks volumes.

They also post on facebook so you can see your darling when you're away. Very Happy

Good Luck! I know the feeling.......it's like taking your first born to kindergarden.

The Viking

The Viking

Thanks a ton!

I had sent my wife a few possibilities -Cains was one of them- but your endorsement means a lot...much obliged!

stormwatch89 wrote:Cain's dog house on Creighton! It's the only place I allow my "ladies" to stay.

I love the place and my girls nearly trample me over trying to get in which speaks volumes.

They also post on facebook so you can see your darling when you're away. Very Happy

Good Luck! I know the feeling.......it's like taking your first born to kindergarden.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The Viking wrote:Thanks a ton!

I had sent my wife a few possibilities -Cains was one of them- but your endorsement means a lot...much obliged!

stormwatch89 wrote:Cain's dog house on Creighton! It's the only place I allow my "ladies" to stay.

No problem. I personally visited every one in the area and went as far as Mobile!

Cain's wound up being my choice and I've used them about 6 times now...very happy with them and if you leave your "child" there for a week, a free bath is included!

I do take my own food and blankies, but they will give any medication required.

Also, they allow your pup to play with others which my younger girl adores. I don't allow my older lady to play simply because of her size and occasional personality issues. Smile But, they seem to understand all that once told.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PS...you do know to get the kennel cough vaccine prior?

Just checking. Very Happy

Yes, I'm a worrier.

6Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/16/2013, 12:14 am

The Viking

The Viking

Excellent!

You are -undoubtedly- as devoted to your girls as we are to our son! Wife is his owner. I am his...person. Sucks only seeing him every 6-10 weeks as I work in Saudi, but we have some pretty spectacular reunions!

Your older gal sounds a lot like our son. Can't be bothered with playing grab ass with other hounds. Definitely an alpha...

Thanks again for your help!

-Benjamin

No problem. I personally visited every one in the area and went as far as Mobile!

Cain's wound up being my choice and I've used them about 6 times now...very happy with them and if you leave your "child" there for a week, a free bath is included!

I do take my own food and blankies, but they will give any medication required.

Also, they allow your pup to play with others which my younger girl adores. I don't allow my older lady to play simply because of her size and occasional personality issues. Smile But, they seem to understand all that once told.[/quote]

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

OHHHHHHHHHHH I bet you do have some reunions!

You should tell us more about your work in Saudi. Too many here (including me) talk much without really having first hand knowledge.

Good luck with the boarding........it is hard. Sad

8Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/18/2013, 11:31 am

The Viking

The Viking

Yeah...it's not easy leaving him for weeks at a time! The reunions are always fun...he's a 100 lbs & still thinks he's a tiny lil fur ball, so I have to get on the floor lest he knock stuff over when he sees me after a few weeks...

Thankfully the boarding won't be necessary much; just when his humama needs to leave town for a few days at a time; which is rare.

As far as Saudi, I think I'll create a new post under the General tab...I'll call it "Working & Living in Saudi Arabia". That might be fun...to hear from my neighbors in Pensacola and the inevitable troll...lol

Enjoy & ask any questions you want!

Cheers,

stormwatch89 wrote:OHHHHHHHHHHH I bet you do have some reunions!

You should tell us more about your work in Saudi. Too many here (including me) talk much without really having first hand knowledge.

9Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/19/2013, 10:48 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The Viking wrote:Yeah...it's not easy leaving him for weeks at a time! The reunions are always fun...he's a 100 lbs & still thinks he's a tiny lil fur ball, so I have to get on the floor lest he knock stuff over when he sees me after a few weeks...

Thankfully the boarding won't be necessary much; just when his humama needs to leave town for a few days at a time; which is rare.

As far as Saudi, I think I'll create a new post under the General tab...I'll call it "Working & Living in Saudi Arabia". That might be fun...to hear from my neighbors in Pensacola and the inevitable troll...lol

Enjoy & ask any questions you want!

Cheers,

I think that's a great idea! I've been to Morocco, Egypt and Algiers but not Saudi. You'll hit the trolls for sure, but I'd love to hear about what you do there. My trips were strictly tourist so I'm sure your thread would be more interesting.

Your boy is a baby! My smaller girl is 120 and a total lap dog. The 190 pounder only insists on burying me in bed.....thank heavens! Very Happy

Aren't they just the best???

10Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/19/2013, 10:53 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PS: I'm also wondering about your moniker as I'm of some Viking descent (aren't we all Smile) and went last year to Waterford, Ireland to see Reginald 's Tower and the Viking museum in Dublin........fascinating.

Just curious. My ex claimed that's why I moved so much...... Embarassed

11Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/19/2013, 11:34 pm

The Viking

The Viking

Mission accomplished...have heard back from a few folks on their so far but no trolls...

They are the best! Couldn't imagine life without a puppy...

stormwatch89 wrote:
The Viking wrote:

I think that's a great idea! I've been to Morocco, Egypt and Algiers but not Saudi. You'll hit the trolls for sure, but I'd love to hear about what you do there. My trips were strictly tourist so I'm sure your thread would be more interesting.

Your boy is a baby! My smaller girl is 120 and a total lap dog. The 190 pounder only insists on burying me in bed.....thank heavens! Very Happy

Aren't they just the best???

12Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/19/2013, 11:43 pm

The Viking

The Viking

Indeed...the blood of Odin flows through my veins!

(OK, maybe that's a bit dramatic...)

I'm Norwegian & Cherokee -predominantly- with a bit of Scottish & French thrown in. I DEFINITELY relate to my Nordic lineage most of all. Blond, tall, green eyes, pillaging...you know...the GOOD stuff!

I was in Sweden on an assignment in 2011 & got to explore all of the Scandinavian countries. It was like...going home.

stormwatch89 wrote:PS: I'm also wondering about your moniker as I'm of some Viking descent (aren't we all Smile) and went last year to Waterford, Ireland to see Reginald 's Tower and the Viking museum in Dublin........fascinating.

Just curious. My ex claimed that's why I moved so much...... Embarassed

13Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/20/2013, 10:34 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Awesome! I identify with that line as well even though I'm a mutt! Also fit your description..especially the pillaging! Very Happy

I think the trolls found us here.......see all the negatives even including recommending a boarding place for dogs!

Too funny! Some people are bored.

14Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/20/2013, 3:39 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

OMG! I've dropped 3 points simply by talking with you!

Some people are obsessed!

Have at it.........troll!

Viking, I've been off the forums for awhile and don't honestly know your political affiliation nor do I need to.

I just find it funny that people can be so small minded as to take the effort to cast votes based on nothing relevant to the topic at hand.

And so it goes.........

15Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/20/2013, 8:33 pm

The Viking

The Viking

I haven't seen any of these trolls. Even if I did, I wouldn't acknowledge them or the manifestation of their pathetic existence of living in their mommy's garage apartment & tapping a keyboard with their Cheeto-orange finger prints....

Let me put it this way....

At Cornell University, they have a sophisticated piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. When they fire it up, they can actually see the atom; the infinitesimally small building blocks of our entire universe. If I were to use that piece of equipment on me, I would still not be able to locate the depths of the damn I do not give on the opinions of others...

Political affiliation? That's easy. I don't have one.

stormwatch89 wrote:OMG! I've dropped 3 points simply by talking with you!

Some people are obsessed!

Have at it.........troll!

Viking, I've been off the forums for awhile and don't honestly know your political affiliation nor do I need to.

I just find it funny that people can be so small minded as to take the effort to cast votes based on nothing relevant to the topic at hand.

And so it goes.........

16Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/20/2013, 8:37 pm

The Viking

The Viking

Yes....he's caught up on all vaccines; including the snake bite vaccine; after his encounter with a copperhead a few years back...

stormwatch89 wrote:PS...you do know to get the kennel cough vaccine prior?

Just checking. Very Happy

Yes, I'm a worrier.

17Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/20/2013, 10:11 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I haven't seen any of these trolls. Even if I did, I wouldn't acknowledge them or the manifestation of their pathetic existence of living in their mommy's garage apartment & tapping a keyboard with their Cheeto-orange finger prints....

Let me put it this way....

At Cornell University, they have a sophisticated piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. When they fire it up, they can actually see the atom; the infinitesimally small building blocks of our entire universe. If I were to use that piece of equipment on me, I would still not be able to locate the depths of the damn I do not give on the opinions of others...

Political affiliation? That's easy. I don't have one.

You are too funny and I'm enjoying our "conversations" even if it's costing in my popularity contest! Laughing

Glad you are up on the vaccines!

18Area Kennels for Large Breeds Empty Re: Area Kennels for Large Breeds 3/20/2013, 10:13 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

"Good grief" said Charlie Brown....I got a negative while editing!

Think someone has an issue? Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum