Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another large ammo purchase for DHS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/
From Teo's favorite site.

Good grief.

Your learning curve is a straight line.

So this is for proficiency training? Seriously, DHS has around 180k+ employees that would mean that every single employee including secretaries, IT personnel, Scientist, administrators and managers would have to shoot 9000 rounds a piece to use up 1.625 billion rounds. Proficiency training, yeah OK.

"An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities."

alecto wrote:So this is for proficiency training? Seriously, DHS has around 180k+ employees that would mean that every single employee including secretaries, IT personnel, Scientist, administrators and managers would have to shoot 9000 rounds a piece to use up 1.625 billion rounds. Proficiency training, yeah OK.

"An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion. In March 2012, ATK announced that they had agreed to provide the DHS with a maximum of 450 million bullets over four years, a story that prompted questions about why the feds were buying ammunition in such large quantities."

So now we are in an arms race with our citizens...?

W_T_M wrote:
alecto wrote:So this is for proficiency training? Seriously, DHS has around 180k+ employees that would mean that every single employee including secretaries, IT personnel, Scientist, administrators and managers would have to shoot 9000 rounds a piece to use up 1.625 billion rounds. Proficiency training, yeah OK.

So now we are in an arms race with our citizens...?

After reading that article it seems that way.

I wish I was a bullet manufacturer. Sheesh. Buy up all the ammo and create a crisis (shortage).

boards of FL

boards of FL

The modern conservative mind:

Proficiency training = "WTF!?! Yeah right! That'll be the day! Yeah! OK!"

Clandestine conspiracy by the president to create a secret army to attack and enslave citizens = "Holy shit! This is real! I need to post this publicly in every discussion forum possible! This is real, people!"

I wonder how long it would take just one person to shoot up 1/10th of this amount of ammo?

knothead

knothead

We need to go into the ammo mfg. biz . . . . .

boards of FL wrote:

Clandestine conspiracy by the president to create a secret army to attack and enslave citizens = "Holy shit! This is real! I need to post this publicly in every discussion forum possible! This is real, people!"

The Modern liberal mind?

I know you didn't mention this but I will put the words in your mouth for you so i can feed my superiority complex and feel all warm and fuzzy while remaining a complete dumbass tool.

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The Modern liberal mind?

I know you didn't mention this but I will put the words in your mouth for you so i can feed my superiority complex and feel all warm and fuzzy while remaining a complete dumbass tool.

Ah. Well, can you you tell me your interpretation of what is going on here with this ammo purchase? Surely it is something sinister that involves civil unrest or a secret army, right? If I mischaracterized you, feel free to correct me and weigh in on this story.

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The Modern liberal mind?

Ah. Well, can you you tell me your interpretation of what is going on here with this ammo purchase? Surely it is something sinister that involves civil unrest or a secret army, right? If I mischaracterized you, feel free to correct me and weigh in on this story.

I have no idea why they need that much but doesn't it seem odd that an agency who isn't fighting anyone would need so much. Maybe I'm crazy but I just find that odd since the military who is fighting in a war doesn't use that much in a year.

Our government accounting is assbackerds.

Use it or lose it was the policy for us @ the USAFA. We were allocated a certain number of rounds in each year's package. If we failed to use it, we couldn't just apply it towards the next allotment....no way. We would have our allotment reduced...? Oh hell no.

I burned thousands of rounds practicing for the R&P Team.

At least, that's how the Red Hat explained it to us.

Police your brass....

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:Maybe I'm crazy but I just find that odd since the military who is fighting in a war doesn't use that much in a year.

Well, yes, according to Alex Jones, a person who - after showing his ass on Piers - uploaded a video to YouTube claiming that members of some CNN Mafia have been following him ever since his appearance. Sure. If everything that guy is saying is accurate exactly as he is presenting it, then yes, that is definitely crazy. Of course, pretty much everything that guy says is crazy.

Sal

Sal

alecto wrote:
I have no idea why they need that much but doesn't it seem odd that an agency who isn't fighting anyone would need so much. Maybe I'm crazy but I just find that odd since the military who is fighting in a war doesn't use that much in a year.

That right there is some rightwing fear mongering at its finest.

They're experts at "smell test" insinuations, manufacturing the sense that there is something horribly awry with a blizzard of vague accusations, not necessarily related or leading to any obvious conclusion (that they're willing to articulate anyway lest they be laughed off the forum), but always leading to the impression that there's some huge conspiracy afoot.

Once FAUX News starts pounding the drum, the wingnuts are in a lather and no amount of logic or common sense can penetrate the bubble.

We saw it with the birth certificate, school records, fast & furious, solyndra, and now they're taking a page from the same old playbook with this nontroversy.

The fact of the matter is that DHS encompasses much more than FEMA and TSA, including the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, ICE, Coast Guard, Secret Service and many, many other agencies.

Once again, there's just no there there.

DHS employs about 200,000 contractors and somewhere around 188,000 federal employees. Takes a bunch of ammo to keep the armed ones trained so I don't see what all the fuss is about these ammo buys. Of course I have found it increasingly difficult to buy .40 cal and 12 gauge ammo lately. The ammo manufacturing folks are living the dream right now.

Sal wrote:
alecto wrote:

That right there is some rightwing fear mongering at its finest.

They're experts at "smell test" insinuations, manufacturing the sense that there is something horribly awry with a blizzard of vague accusations, not necessarily related or leading to any obvious conclusion (that they're willing to articulate anyway lest they be laughed off the forum), but always leading to the impression that there's some huge conspiracy afoot.

Once FAUX News starts pounding the drum, the wingnuts are in a lather and no amount of logic or common sense can penetrate the bubble.

We saw it with the birth certificate, school records, fast & furious, solyndra, and now they're taking a page from the same old playbook with this nontroversy.

The fact of the matter is that DHS encompasses much more than FEMA and TSA, including the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, ICE, Coast Guard, Secret Service and many, many other agencies.

Once again, there's just no there there.

Hey what do you know, the resident dumbass tool showed up with more of his fancy denigrating colorful commentary. It is strange all I seem to get from your post sal is blah blah blah blah wingnuts blah blah blah rightwing blah blah blah. More blah blah blah blah blah.

Sal

Sal

alecto wrote:
It is strange all I seem to get from your post sal is blah blah blah blah wingnuts blah blah blah rightwing blah blah blah. More blah blah blah blah blah.

Not strange at all.

You're an imbecile.

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:Maybe I'm crazy but I just find that odd since the military who is fighting in a war doesn't use that much in a year.

Well, yes, according to Alex Jones, a person who - after showing his ass on Piers - uploaded a video to YouTube claiming that members of some CNN Mafia have been following him ever since his appearance. Sure. If everything that guy is saying is accurate exactly as he is presenting it, then yes, that is definitely crazy. Of course, pretty much everything that guy says is crazy.

Alex Jones is a card board box space cadet.

Here is a GAO report you might find interesting. Granted it was from 2005 but it is an interesting read.
http://www.gao.gov/assets/250/247227.pdf

Sal wrote:
alecto wrote:
It is strange all I seem to get from your post sal is blah blah blah blah wingnuts blah blah blah rightwing blah blah blah. More blah blah blah blah blah.

Not strange at all.

You're an imbecile.

Coming from you that means jack shit.

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:Here is a GAO report you might find interesting. Granted it was from 2005 but it is an interesting read.

Why should I find this interesting?

boards of FL wrote:
alecto wrote:Here is a GAO report you might find interesting. Granted it was from 2005 but it is an interesting read.

Why should I find this interesting?

I do not know why you should I just thought you might since we were talking about what gov spends on ammo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum