Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

[quote="nochain"]
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:.

Head up your ass again...?

cola guy:

Seems to me that it was the Obama White House that proposed the sequestration idea back in 2011. The president could have avoided this by simply passing a budget - something that he has failed to do. And, of course, he could have vetoed the sequestration legislation when it was passed in the first place.

As for the center of a CJ, I'd say your huge mouth-open suck buddy would be a much better candidate.

I am truly AMAZED!!! You are actually right about something (for the first time). I didn't see the budget comment from cola. But you are still a poser with no clothes. If you would expend half the effort you waste on your hysterical vitriol and try to have a reasonable exchange it would be nice for a change.

I should’ve said “the president could have avoided this if he had PRESENTED a budget…” Certainly, the president doesn’t PASS the budget. But he is mandated to annually present one to the Congress – which THEY HAVE YET TO DO.

Last edited by colaguy on 2/27/2013, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

colaguy wrote:

I should’ve said “the president could have avoided this if he had PRESENTED a budget…” Certainly, the president doesn’t PASS the budget. But he is mandated to annually present one to the Congress – which HE HAS YET TO DO.

Wrong on all counts.

Try again.

Sal wrote:
colaguy wrote:

I should’ve said “the president could have avoided this if he had PRESENTED a budget…” Certainly, the president doesn’t PASS the budget. But he is mandated to annually present one to the Congress – which HE HAS YET TO DO.

Wrong on all counts.

Try again.

Before we get too deep into this... maybe we should take a look at Obama's budgets. How many votes have they received? Can we take them seriously? What would have been the results?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
colaguy wrote:

Wrong on all counts.

Try again.

Before we get too deep into this... maybe we should take a look at Obama's budgets. How many votes have they received? Can we take them seriously? What would have been the results?

Maybe you should start with an understanding that budgets are simply political documents setting forth priorities.

They are not legally binding and the President never signs them.

Government is funded through appropriation bills, which as mandated by the Constitution, must originate in the House of Representatives.

[quote="colaguy"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:.

Head up your ass again...?

cola guy:

Seems to me that it was the Obama White House that proposed the sequestration idea back in 2011. The president could have avoided this by simply passing a budget - something that he has failed to do. And, of course, he could have vetoed the sequestration legislation when it was passed in the first place.

As for the center of a CJ, I'd say your huge mouth-open suck buddy would be a much better candidate.

I am truly AMAZED!!! You are actually right about something (for the first time). I didn't see the budget comment from cola. But you are still a poser with no clothes. If you would expend half the effort you waste on your hysterical vitriol and try to have a reasonable exchange it would be nice for a change.

I should’ve said “the president could have avoided this if he had PRESENTED a budget…” Certainly, the president doesn’t PASS the budget. But he is mandated to annually present one to the Congress – which THEY HAVE YET TO DO.

Does DOA mean anything to you...?

The obstructionist teafloggers/GOP lapdogs stated from day one of the Obama administration exactly what they were gonna do and didn't even care if they exposed their agenda.

They have even obstructed appointments of their own folk. WTH...?

Bob Woodward has an interesting view of the sequestration mess and the Chicken Little approach by BHO:

"On Wednesday he attacked Obama for drawing national security into the budget debate.

"So we now have the president going out (saying) 'Because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can't do what I need to do to protect the country.' That's a kind of madness that I haven't seen in a long time," Woodward told MSNBC on Wednesday."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/27/us-usa-fiscal-woodward-idUSBRE91Q11620130227

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:Bob Woodward has an interesting view of the sequestration mess and the Chicken Little approach by BHO:

"On Wednesday he attacked Obama for drawing national security into the budget debate.

"So we now have the president going out (saying) 'Because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can't do what I need to do to protect the country.' That's a kind of madness that I haven't seen in a long time," Woodward told MSNBC on Wednesday."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/27/us-usa-fiscal-woodward-idUSBRE91Q11620130227

I'm embarrassed for Woodward.

He's willing to say anything to stay in the spotlight for 15 more minutes.

What a sad way to end a career.

How exactly is Obama not protecting the country?

Nonsense.

Sal wrote:
nochain wrote:Bob 7

He's willing to say anything to stay in the spotlight for 15 more minutes.

What a sad way to end a career.

How exactly is Obama not protecting the country?

Nonsense.

One could easily say the same about BHO. Your spin is not valid - the discussion is about POST-SEQUESTRATION.

"The White House has warned the $85 billion in cuts could affect everything from commercial flights to classrooms to meat inspections. The cuts would slash domestic and defense spending, leading to furloughs for hundreds of thousands of workers.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Budget-Battle/2013/02/26/id/492022#ixzz2MChofXHz
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!"

Sal

Sal

Again, how exactly is Obama not protecting the country?

Sal wrote:Again, how exactly is Obama not protecting the country?

Why don't you contact Bob Woodward and ask why he said that. Can you read? Are you always this dense or just posturing?

woodwardb@washpost.com

Razz Razz

nochain wrote:

Why don't you contact Bob Woodward and ask why he said that. Can you read? Are you always this dense or just posturing?

woodwardb@washpost.com

Razz Razz

And today it has been reported that Woodward has been 'threatened' by the white house and is on an 'enemies' list!...Woodward says it makes him very uncomfortable...The Libs must be going CRAZY hearing that their hero...the cowh has a trait in common with Richard M Nixon....Lanny Davis a Clinton Admin advisor and SUPPORTER of the cowh also said he has been threatened by senior white house members for columns he's written that are at odds with the policies of the cowh...So the cowh has taken his brand of Chicago Thug style politics to levels even lower than those used by Nixon!..And by the way the democrats were outraged when Nixon's enemies list was made public....today..................

Last edited by newswatcher on 2/28/2013, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

woodwardb@washpost.com

Razz Razz

And today it has been reported that Woodward has been 'threatened' by the white house and is on an 'enemies' list!...Woodward says it makes him very uncomfortable...The Libs must be going CRAZY hearing that their hero...the cowh has a trait in common with Richard M Nixon....

Bullshit.

Post a viable link to that "report" you pathetic rumormonger.

W_T_M wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

woodwardb@washpost.com

Razz Razz

And today it has been reported that Woodward has been 'threatened' by the white house and is on an 'enemies' list!...Woodward says it makes him very uncomfortable...The Libs must be going CRAZY hearing that their hero...the cowh has a trait in common with Richard M Nixon....

Bullshit.

LOL!...Woodward made the comments on CNN!....Comments were made to Wolf Blitzer....

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

woodwardb@washpost.com

Razz Razz

Bullshit.

LOL!...Woodward made the comments on CNN!....Comments were made to Wolf Blitzer....

Here is the so called "threat" ...

"I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim,"

This came from economic advisor Gene Sperling in response to Woodward's false claim that Obama had moved the goalposts.

You've been played again, fool.

@ the mouth open glory hole boi...

Bob Woodward Emails Show White House 'Threat' Was Not So Threatening

Bob Woodward may have thought that top White House economic adviser Gene Sperling was threatening him in an email exchange, but that's certainly not how Woodward responded to the email, Politico revealed Thursday.

Woodward made waves on Wednesday night when he took to CNN and Politico to accuse the White House of deploying heavy-handed tactics with him after he questioned the Obama administration's account of the negotiations over the looming budget sequester. Sperling -- who he did not name at the time -- had told him he'd "regret" moving forward with his narrative, Woodward said, making it clear that he saw this as a threat.

"It makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, you're going to regret doing something that you believe in," he told Wolf Blitzer. The White House told The Huffington Post that Sperling was merely trying to tell Woodward he would regret writing something that was inaccurate.

On Thursday morning, Politico released the text of the email exchange between Woodward and Sperling. The emails look to be a far cry from the kind of thuggery that Woodward implied.

Here's an excerpt from Sperling:

I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall -- but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim ... My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.

Woodward, who would later profess to be unnerved by Sperling's email, replied very calmly:

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice.

Woodward is reportedly slated to appear on Sean Hannity's Fox News show Thursday night to discuss the exchange. Viewers will surely wonder what he will have to say.

So now he's gonna run over to friendly ears and suck Hannity's rifle barrel like the washed up cretin he is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/bob-woodward-emails-white-house-threat_n_2781052.html

Sal

Sal

I guess the wingnuts don't want to talk about Bob Woodward anymore.

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum