Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester"

+2
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester" Bilde10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester" Bilde10

The Sequester proposal was from President Barack Hussein Obama and the White House. What's a better name for the boondoggle than Obamaquester?

Margin Call

Margin Call

Markle wrote:

The Sequester proposal was from President Barack Hussein Obama and the White House. What's a better name for the boondoggle than Obamaquester?

The sequester legislation received bipartisan support (including support from Republican leadership) you fucking retard.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Seriously...how fucking dumb are you? Boehner voted for the sequestration bill. You continue to disappoint. I am truly amazed that you are even capable of logging into this forum....I would normally doubt that someone as dense as you could even walk or tie their shoes.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here's another take on this issue. The real problem is, of course, not who came up with the idea but that it is so pathetic that we are seeing the country being run from crises to self inflicted crises.

Whose Idea Was the Sequester?
—By Kevin Drum| Fri Feb. 8, 2013 11:47 AM PST

This is hardly the most pressing issue in the world, but it's been niggling at me all morning. Here is Charles Krauthammer today:

For the first time since Election Day, President Obama is on the defensive. That’s because on March 1, automatic spending cuts (“sequestration”) go into effect — $1.2 trillion over 10 years, half from domestic (discretionary) programs, half from defense. The idea had been proposed and promoted by the White House during the July 2011 debt-ceiling negotiations. The political calculation was that such draconian defense cuts would drive the GOP to offer concessions.

For some reason, this has become an article of faith on the right: the sequester was Obama's idea, and now he has to live with it. I'm not sure why this is so important to them, but it is.

As it happens, that's not how I remember things, but I figured maybe my memory was faulty. It wouldn't be the first time. So I googled up some news stories from late July 2011 to see just whose idea this was. Here's one from the 25th: "The back and forth began when House Republicans rolled out a two-stage deficit reduction plan that would...tie a second increase early next year to the ability of a new bipartisan Congressional committee to produce more deficit reduction measures." Here's another from the 29th: "Republicans have endorsed a Democratic idea of setting up a special committee to find additional savings." And this from the 30th:

Mr. McConnell called Mr. Biden early Saturday afternoon....The deal they were discussing, this person said, resembled the bill that Mr. Boehner won approval for in the House on Friday....set up a new bipartisan committee....A failure of the new committee to win enactment of its proposal could then set off automatic spending cuts across the board, including to entitlement programs.

So that's one story suggesting it was a Republican plan, a second suggesting it was a Republican plan based on a Democratic idea, and a third suggesting it was the result of talks between McConnell and Biden. So I guess I'm still murky on this. Was it initially a Democratic idea? Something that sprang forth from the forehead of Zeus? Or just one of those eternal ideas that crop up over and over in Washington DC and just happened to emerge yet again from the sludge of last-minute talks in late July?

Anyone happen to know if there's a definitive answer to this?

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/02/whose-idea-was-sequester?asid=394dbf7f

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Margin Call wrote:
Markle wrote:

The sequester legislation received bipartisan support (including support from Republican leadership) you fucking retard.

I don't know why any of us are surprised at this pile of propaganda. They've honed this skill to a fine point: say something often enough and people will start to believe it. Spare me the Nazi references. We've heard all that ad nauseum. It is all in the framing.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am just wondering who made the props for Boehner for that photo-op.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am just wondering who made the props for Boehner for that photo-op.

Duhhhh...could it be the same reason they make props for President Barack Hussein Obama?

How about phony Grecian Columns at "Mile High Stadium" in 2008?

So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester" ObamaDemocratConvention

From outside the amphitheater.

So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester" Mile-high-stadium-denver-barack-obama-1

More photo....So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester" Obama-president-elect-flags_preview

I take it that you are aware that there is NO OFFICE of PRESIDENT ELECT.

I hope it happens... I think it's the first good idea I've seen in govt in about a dozen years. Congrats Obama..!!

PkrBum wrote:I hope it happens... I think it's the first good idea I've seen in govt in about a dozen years. Congrats Obama..!!

There is a lot of waste in government spending and cutting out the deadwood makes sense. Get rid of the F-35 program for DoD and that solves that budget issue. Get rid of the Head Start program and that saves a bunch of money being wasted on a failed program where any gains in school readiness are lost after a mere 3 years of elementary school. Politicians have been putting band aids on the budget for so long maybe sequestration will wake them up enough to show that they have not been doing their jobs for years....

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:The Sequester proposal was from President Barack Hussein Obama and the White House. What's a better name for the boondoggle than Obamaquester?

Do you read/watch any news...ever? I mean any news at all? As much as this may seem like a rhetorical question, I assure you it is not. I honestly question if you ever consume any form of news at all.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Markle wrote:
More photo....So Now the Pending Sequestration is "#Obamaquester" Obama-president-elect-flags_preview

I take it that you are aware that there is NO OFFICE of PRESIDENT ELECT.

tsk, tsk...

http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/102127

For the Executive Branch

The Presidential Transition Acts of 1963 and 2000 give the General Services Administration (GSA) a prominent role in this process. They authorize the Administrator of GSA to provide the President-elect and the Vice-President-elect the services and facilities needed to assume their official duties.

The Pre-Election Presidential Transition Act of 2010 amends the Presidential Transition Act of 1963 to provide that certain transition services shall be available to eligible candidates before the general election. This act requires GSA to assist Presidential candidates before the election by providing office space and other support. GSA’s Presidential Transition Team is prepared to meet its responsibilities.

nochain wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I hope it happens... I think it's the first good idea I've seen in govt in about a dozen years. Congrats Obama..!!

There is a lot of waste in government spending and cutting out the deadwood makes sense. Get rid of the F-35 program for DoD and that solves that budget issue. Get rid of the Head Start program and that saves a bunch of money being wasted on a failed program where any gains in school readiness are lost after a mere 3 years of elementary school. Politicians have been putting band aids on the budget for so long maybe sequestration will wake them up enough to show that they have not been doing their jobs for years....

After the poor kids again?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I read some time back that any good effects of the head start program are lost by the middle of elementary school. I used to believe that it was a good program but since I read that, I have to wonder if it's worth the cost in the long run.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I was surprised because I am a supporter of a good education for all and it sounds like a program that would make a huge difference for disadvantaged children. But here is one article about it--actually by first grade, there is no advantage for Head Start kids:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2081778,00.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum