Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama admin wants to make sequestration as "painful as possible"

+2
2seaoat
NaNook
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/email-tells-feds-make-sequester-painful-promised/#ixzz2MhmyoEVw

Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised.

The Obama administration denied an appeal for flexibility in lessening the sequester’s effects, with an email this week appearing to show officials in Washington that because they already had promised the cuts would be devastating, they now have to follow through on that.

In the email sent Monday by Charles Brown, an official with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service office in Raleigh, N.C., Mr. Brown asked “if there was any latitude” in how to spread the sequester cuts across the region to lessen the impacts on fish inspections.

“This email confirms what many Americans have suspected: The Obama administration is doing everything they can to make sure their worst predictions come true and to maximize the pain of the Sequester cuts for political gain,” said Rep. Tim Griffin, Arkansas Republican.

AND IF YOU ARE HUNGRY FOR BEEF, PORK OR CHICKEN:

The administration earlier had warned that supplies of beef, pork and poultry could drop this year because slaughterhouse inspectors will have to be furloughed, and under federal law meat can’t be processed without inspectors present.

AHOLES. Plain and simple.

NaNook

NaNook

The middle class is bent-over again. Go figure.........

2seaoat

Think about what you are saying......you are asking the president to be intelligent about the cuts when that role is for congress. Sorry, this is what it is.......totally unnecessary.

Margin Call

Margin Call

How is Obama's supposedly playing politics any different than the intransigence of the Republican party? It's so funny to watch the nutty apologists try.

Last edited by Margin Call on 3/5/2013, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

VectorMan

VectorMan

Obama is such an asshole! I don't know how anyone voted for the POS.

Lie upon lie followed by more lies.

Taste the damn rainbow sorry ass!

knothead

knothead

Feel free to correct me but the concept of the 'sequester' was to be so painful and arbitrary that neither party would permit it to actually materialize but we all collectively underestimated the intransigence of our political leaders. The assertion that the POTUS is trying to make it as 'painful as possible' is just hyperbole because the language of the sequester agreement is what it is. Now the leaders of each party are wanting to give authority to the POTUS to avoid what THEY perceive to be too arbitrary and capricious . . . . . the pain that theoretically would force both political entities to COMPROMISE, a dirty word in Washington.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Stock market is up. To a record I understand.

knothead

knothead

VectorMan wrote:Stock market is up. To a record I understand.

That is my understanding Vman . . . . all time high in fact. It is my belief that our economy is on the verge of emerging from the doldrums of the recession era . . . . . . if only the ideologues could simply sit down and come to an agreement on a LONG term plan to intelligently made concessions on both sides and depart from this governance of political practice of crisis to crisis. We are poised to actually see some GROWTH in our economy which is precisely the antidote for the doldrums we are currently in . . . .

I emphasize that BOTH sides must give ideological ground to reach agreement on spending reform and serious tax reform. Our economy is poised to explode!

VectorMan

VectorMan

knothead wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Stock market is up. To a record I understand.

That is my understanding Vman . . . . all time high in fact. It is my belief that our economy is on the verge of emerging from the doldrums of the recession era . . . . . . if only the ideologues could simply sit down and come to an agreement on a LONG term plan to intelligently made concessions on both sides and depart from this governance of political practice of crisis to crisis. We are poised to actually see some GROWTH in our economy which is precisely the antidote for the doldrums we are currently in . . . .

I emphasize that BOTH sides must give ideological ground to reach agreement on spending reform and serious tax reform. Our economy is poised to explode!

It would be nice if they could all pull their heads out of their backsides.

2seaoat

It would be nice if they could all pull their heads out of their backsides.

That would have to be after they pull their heads out of the lobbyist's backsides.....

knothead

knothead

[quote="2seaoat"]It would be nice if they could all pull their heads out of their backsides.

That would have to be after they pull their heads out of the lobbyist's backsides.....

True Mr. Oats, wouldn't it neat if all the elected officials wore logos, patches, etc., of all the special interests who keep them in office . . . . you know kinda like NASCAR!

polecat

polecat

VectorMan wrote:Obama is such an asshole! I don't know how anyone voted for the POS.

Lie upon lie followed by more lies.

Taste the damn rainbow sorry ass!

the consensus Republican view

the man who ran a crappy campaign, who hired aides that fu(ked the chicken twice a week, who consistently fed the opposition with soundbitey wingnutty lies and disgusting dog whistles, who disowned the only good thing he'd ever done in government and then reclaimed it and then disowned it again, who breathed in and breathed out his distaste for the underclasses, who presided over a Commodore 64 level interweb GOTV operation and who had a winning confidence based on wishful thinking and bold delusions ...would've made a GREAT president!

" Now, lately, some people have been saying, well, maybe we'll just give the President some flexibility. He could make the cuts the way he wants and that way it won't be as damaging. The problem is when you're cutting $85 billion in seven months, which represents over a 10-percent cut in the defense budget in seven months, there's no smart way to do that." Obama

“We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be,” Mr. Brown, in the internal email.

Sequestration was Obama's idea before he was now against it.

The end justifies the mean.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum