Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - President Barack Obama heaped scorn Tuesday on Congress for not replacing the sharp across-the-board spending cuts known as sequestration. In a speech to workers at Newport News Shipbuilding, Obama called sequestration "a dumb way of doing things" that would weaken the economy and military readiness. "The longer these cuts are in place, the greater the damage," Obama said. He called for Republicans to work with him on a compromise that would include closing some tax loopholes. The president rejected an idea floated by Senate Republicans that would give the White House more flexibility to decide which cuts to make but would keep the total cuts at $85 billion over the next seven months.

Seems to me that it was the Obama White House that proposed the sequestration idea back in 2011. The president could have avoided this by simply passing a budget - something that he has failed to do. And, of course, he could have vetoed the sequestration legislation when it was passed in the first place.

colaguy wrote:WAnd, of course, he could have vetoed the sequestration legislation when it was passed in the first place. [/color]

But, but, but - that would have meant admitting he had a stupid idea. The R's were idiots for believing his promises then, explaining why there is no trust now.

Yes, this IS Obama's lock, stock and barrel. Along with the drop in credit rating, the record unemployment, record on food stamps etc

2seaoat

He is the fox in the chicken coop.........the political cuts are about to happen, and there will be retribution......it is the Chicago way......bend over.......the whole S debate is a smokescreen.....Hagel will complete the deal. This will be classic machine politics where friends will be rewarded and enemies will pay a terrible price.........all under a smokescreen. It is like he is playing chess with nursery school students...........

nochain wrote:
colaguy wrote:WAnd, of course, he could have vetoed the sequestration legislation when it was passed in the first place. [/color]

But, but, but - that would have meant admitting he had a stupid idea. The R's were idiots for believing his promises then, explaining why there is no trust now.

AMAZING!....And with a little help from the media the cowh can call an idea that was his 'stupid' and it suddenly becomes someone else's fault...There were a lot more 'idiots' that not only believed what he said but supported him....twice....

cool1

cool1

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yes, this IS Obama's lock, stock and barrel. Along with the drop in credit rating, the record unemployment, record on food stamps etc

So true. Rolling Eyes

cool1 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yes, this IS Obama's lock, stock and barrel. Along with the drop in credit rating, the record unemployment, record on food stamps etc

So true. Rolling Eyes

And yet polls from the 'sheep' blame everyone but the cowh for this mess...Remember during possible shut downs etc., during the Bush years?...Did the Dems blame Congress then?....Did the media blame Congress?....This guy is beyond teflon....

newswatcher wrote:
cool1 wrote:

So true. Rolling Eyes

And yet polls from the 'sheep' blame everyone but the cowh for this mess...Remember during possible shut downs etc., during the Bush years?...Did the Dems blame Congress then?....Did the media blame Congress?....This guy is beyond teflon....

Of course BHO has a taxpayer funded road trip program where he is able to jet around and preach his smoke and mirrors BS about the whole mess. Instead of staying at work and trying to lead the morons in Congress out of the mess. Obviously he is still in responsibility avoidance mode. No budget? No problem.

Sal

Sal

Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea 5128423395_You_boys_know_what_a_circle_jerk_is_xlarge

cool1 wrote:

So true. Rolling Eyes

Ever notice that this administration has been in either campaign and/or crisis mode for the past four years plus?...Everything is a crisis and needs immediate executive orders that bypass Congress and the system?...The cowh dreamed up this latest crisis...stated that he would veto any attempt to change any of the cuts and now distances himself from....himself...and the media/sheep (all the same) follow blindly...

Sal wrote:Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea 5128423395_You_boys_know_what_a_circle_jerk_is_xlarge

And the middle class workers....right in the middle bent over.....

Yes. If only he had passed a budget.

That's too stupid to even address.

So, the folk who declared the day after the election, that their most important job was to obstruct and produce gridlock to take down the newly elected POTUS...those folk are now whining because they hold the wrong end of the shit stick....?

The lamentations of the unrighteous always fall on the deaf ears of karma.

The blame is falling exactly where it should.

Sal wrote:Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea 5128423395_You_boys_know_what_a_circle_jerk_is_xlarge

Matter of fact:

Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea Oval-office-funny-obama

nochain wrote:

Matter of fact:

Obama: Sequestration Is A Dumb Idea Oval-office-funny-obama

A visual of a circle jerk....except Barney Frank would have enjoyed being in the middle...is that p/c?....

W_T_M wrote:Yes. If only he had passed a budget.

A little lesson for you: The Prez can't PASS a budget (and nobody here even implied that - but don't let that stop your little charade) but he could try and submit one that even his own party could endorse. But that would require a little effort on BHOs part - the laziest Prez ever. That's probably a good thing though, I can't imagine the damage he could do if he actually did some work instead of flying around the country pointing fingers and playing golf.

nochain wrote:

A little lesson for you: The Prez can't PASS a budget (and nobody here even implied that - but don't let that stop your little charade) but he could try and submit one that even his own party could endorse. But that would require a little effort on BHOs part - the laziest Prez ever. That's probably a good thing though, I can't imagine the damage he could do if he actually did some work instead of flying around the country pointing fingers and playing golf.

Wow....twice today that Civics...Government 100 had to be explained...first it had to be explained the difference between the debt and deficit and now budget legislation....kinda sad...

The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.

P.J. O'Rourke

nochain wrote:

Head up your ass again...?

cola guy:

Seems to me that it was the Obama White House that proposed the sequestration idea back in 2011. The president could have avoided this by simply passing a budget - something that he has failed to do. And, of course, he could have vetoed the sequestration legislation when it was passed in the first place.

As for the center of a CJ, I'd say your huge mouth-open suck buddy would be a much better candidate.

[quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:.

Head up your ass again...?

cola guy:

As for the center of a CJ, I'd say your huge mouth-open suck buddy would be a much better candidate.

I am truly AMAZED!!! You are actually right about something (for the first time). I didn't see the budget comment from cola. But you are still a poser with no clothes. If you would expend half the effort you waste on your hysterical vitriol and try to have a reasonable exchange it would be nice for a change.

cool1

cool1

but but but If you have $500.000 you may get to talk to Obama about anything you like I dont know how much time you will get though Laughing

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Wow....twice today that Civics...Government 100 had to be explained...first it had to be explained the difference between the debt and deficit and now budget legislation....kinda sad...

It is kinda sad, huh blowjob boi...? I mean, me being right and you and your glory hole buddy both slamming me while you were WRONG.

Troll.

cool1 wrote:but but but If you have $500.000 you may get to talk to Obama about anything you like I dont know how much time you will get though Laughing

Sorry kiddo... nobody wants to talk about buying access to the guy they thght was going to look out for them.

It might be a party foul... but I don't really know the rules.

PkrBum wrote:
cool1 wrote:but but but If you have $500.000 you may get to talk to Obama about anything you like I dont know how much time you will get though Laughing

Sorry kiddo... nobody wants to talk about buying access to the guy they thght was going to look out for them.

Oh Lawdy....I think I'm gettin' the vapors. Whereva is that fainting couch...?

W_T_M wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Lol... That was a bit dramatic. I like it when we pick on each other with good nature tho. Thanks fer callin me out.

Arrow

PkrBum wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Lol... That was a bit dramatic. I like it when we pick on each other with good nature tho. Thanks fer callin me out.

Arrow

That was a tad drama-ish, but I got your drift in spite of it. LOL.

Money buys access. I know....hard to believe, huh...?

It was happening when they killed Jesus, and nothing has changed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum