Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kiss Florida goodbye.....Sandy relief will be the norm

+2
surfnrg
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

2seaoat

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/02/16304049-shame-on-you-congress-republicans-in-sandy-hit-areas-blast-house-gop-for-delay-on-relief?lite

Since 1910 1/4 of all homeowner's insurance claims has come from the state of Florida......The nation, insurance companies, FEMA have spent the money in Florida.......So the deadheads have decided rather than a comprehensive review of how we handle catastrophic damages with new policies.....lets just screw these folks.......the backlash is going to be horrible.....God help us if there is a hurricane in the Southeast.....Brain dead.....absolutely brain dead.

2Kiss Florida goodbye.....Sandy relief will be the norm Empty America for Americans. 1/2/2013, 8:26 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

These are Americans who need help they pay taxes live lives like all of us. I say screw the rest of the world if we can't help our own then we should hang our head in shame. There is no excuse for the speaker of the house or his party right now.

so they voted on 9 billion and are going to look at the other 51 billion.

I do think there is a lot of special interest pork in the bill from what Ive seen of it so far.

and from what ive heard so far they have the NAVY down there working to rebuild with FEMA.

What do you think will get done faster if they had the big fat check now?

Because they are not broke now and I have seen reports where people are frustrated with the little they are doing.

Do you guys think everybody in those areas should get a check for a new house from the Gov? im curious

Nekochan

Nekochan

So...Congress must pass a pork laden Bill just because it's called "Hurricane Sandy Relief"? All that really matters is what a Bill is called, it doesn't matter what's actually in it?

Republican leaders’ pledge Sandy relief funds after day of stinging criticism...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/02/republican-leaders-pledge-sandy-relief-funds-after-day-of-stinging-criticism/

If the GOP writes the bill, the Senate led by Harry Reid will just cancel the vote or let it die. He is from Nevada, so he and his old folks don't care.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/02/peter-king-near-tears-threatens-to-quit-republican-party-for-blocking-sandy-relief/

“I would say that the Republican Party says that it’s the party of family values,” King continued. “Last night, it decided to turn its back on the most essential value of all. And that’s to provide food, shelter, clothing and relief for people who have been hit by a natural disaster. And I would say that the Republican Party has turned its back on those people. And it’s going to be very hard for me to ask any of those people to vote for the national Republican Party.”

“We were told everything was on board, everything was ready, we had all the papers ready to go, we had lined up the votes, we had the committed votes where this bill would have passed on the House floor with no problem at all, we had gone around and spoken to people, we had done everything we were asked to do. And, again, the knife in the back. And that’s all it is.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1xSns)

W_T_M wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/02/peter-king-near-tears-threatens-to-quit-republican-party-for-blocking-sandy-relief/

“I would say that the Republican Party says that it’s the party of family values,” King continued. “Last night, it decided to turn its back on the most essential value of all. And that’s to provide food, shelter, clothing and relief for people who have been hit by a natural disaster. And I would say that the Republican Party has turned its back on those people. And it’s going to be very hard for me to ask any of those people to vote for the national Republican Party.”

“We were told everything was on board, everything was ready, we had all the papers ready to go, we had lined up the votes, we had the committed votes where this bill would have passed on the House floor with no problem at all, we had gone around and spoken to people, we had done everything we were asked to do. And, again, the knife in the back. And that’s all it is.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1xSns)

you know some people out here realize the plan thats going on. its called come up with some really outrageous bills that we know the republicans wont sign, then we make them look bad by using our in the bag media to scream and spin for days till we finally get them to cave, because we need them to be blamed for it when it passes too.

very clever. playing politics with the country. yes, some people see it

You nailed it.

You're even more smarterest than Boehner and King put together.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20101011-Texas-denied-federal-aid-for-Tropical-5618.ece

PkrBum wrote:http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20101011-Texas-denied-federal-aid-for-Tropical-5618.ece

They had the money to help themselves.

If you don't know by now the republicans don't give a rat's ass about the people then just wait until it's your turn-it's coming. Those people are in bad shape. This is just the beginning of the end of the republican party.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20101011-Texas-denied-federal-aid-for-Tropical-5618.ece

Hell New York and New Jersey have plenty of money to help themselves.

2seaoat

I have no problem having a real policy debate as to how many times we are going to pay out in high risk areas....but a policy debate should be formulated before folks are sitting with open houses and snow......I have been a Republican my whole life.....this is really hard.....When King says what he is saying....he is speaking for a great many Republicans who simply do not recognize their party.......This was simply stupid.....the backlash will have devastating impact on Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, La, and Texas......could you see the country turning our back on those folks who had the Tornadoes a year ago.....lets have a policy debate....I agree....but damn....let us be smart about when to have that debate.

alecto wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Hell New York and New Jersey have plenty of money to help themselves.

60 billion? Compare that to Texas wanting 2.9 million.

2seaoat wrote:I have no problem having a real policy debate as to how many times we are going to pay out in high risk areas....but a policy debate should be formulated before folks are sitting with open houses and snow......I have been a Republican my whole life.....this is really hard.....When King says what he is saying....he is speaking for a great many Republicans who simply do not recognize their party.......This was simply stupid.....the backlash will have devastating impact on Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, La, and Texas......could you see the country turning our back on those folks who had the Tornadoes a year ago.....lets have a policy debate....I agree....but damn....let us be smart about when to have that debate.

First of all what ever you used to call your self as to belonging to politically years ago, it no onger fits. you are not anything like a republican. im a lesbian and im more republican than you.

your doing nothing but buying into the MSM and bull hocky that they are trying to sell to demonize republicans AGAIN. because they want a one party run by them communistic dictatorhip.

fema has not run out of money. they gave them 9 bill more. im sure they wll give more but that bill has pork coming out its ass and you know it. WE ave a cash flow problem in his country youd think you wouuld want to be responsible will these large pork filled bills. but no, its because your not a republican or even a decent american who cares about the country. you just like most of the left want to demonize the other side. so please stop with your lies about what party you worship. its blantantly obvious who you schill for.

Well Chrissy apparently Christie and Rep. King are not good republicans either, because when Boehner didn't call for a vote they told the republicans in their respective states not to donate to the republicans.

bigt wrote:Well Chrissy apparently Christie and Rep. King are not good republicans either, because when Boehner didn't call for a vote they told the republicans in their respective states not to donate to the republicans.

I dont think we have many conservatives anymore, and I dont think this country cares much to hire one. It appears to me that wealth distribution is equally agreed upon by both parties to a large extent.

This nation has become a socialized nation.

I fully expect to see many small bussinesses to close this coming year. We have the perfect climate for the creation of more too big too fail monopolies.

If obamacare wasnt enough to finish off small biz, more higher taxes will.

I wouldnt feel very good right now if I worked for a small biz.

2seaoat

you are not anything like a republican. im a lesbian and im more republican than you.

I was a Republican when most of these crazies were Dixiecrat Democrats....they have in mass decided to join the Republican Party, and in the process convert the Republican Party into the mess it is today.....a party dominated in the primaries by certifiable crazies.......and no disrespect meant....but you most certainly are more republican than me with the collection of crazies who have hijacked my party......and the sad thing is......that America will suffer because without a smart Republican Party the Democratic Party will go untethered and America will suffer for a decade the growing civil war within the Republican Party between traditional Republicans and sound policies of fiscal conservatism and the dogma which passes for Republican values today, where the result is that Americans are suffering from a disaster, and now these hard core crazies want to start a discussion of disaster reform on their backs?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:So...Congress must pass a pork laden Bill just because it's called "Hurricane Sandy Relief"? All that really matters is what a Bill is called, it doesn't matter what's actually in it?

By all means, please continue to quibble about the details.

Meanwhile, it's freezing cold outside, people don't have homes, and the Repukes are dithering around like they don't give a damn.

You guys really, really suck at this politics game.

There will be a price to be paid.

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:So...Congress must pass a pork laden Bill just because it's called "Hurricane Sandy Relief"? All that really matters is what a Bill is called, it doesn't matter what's actually in it?

By all means, please continue to quibble about the details.

Meanwhile, it's freezing cold outside, people don't have homes, and the Repukes are dithering around like they don't give a damn.

You guys really, really suck at this politics game.

There will be a price to be paid.

if there are people outside freezing cold its not because they are out of money and cant do somehting about it. its because they suck. and no one seems to want to hold them responsible as they did bush during katrina.

If they were out of money Id say you had a valid point. but they are NOT.

They just want someone to blame for poor performance as usual.

Why dont you show us where they are broke and cant do more for the few people who are left?

They need to clean the pork out of this bill before they pass it. Fema is not broke. as I said if they were broke thats one thing, they are not yet. and the fiscal tax bill was a priority since fema IS NOT BROKE YET.

http://www.politisite.com/2013/01/02/hurricane-sandy-pork-what-is-in-the-60-4b-sandy-relief-package/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hurricane-sandy-pork-what-is-in-the-60-4b-sandy-relief-package

All this crap is nothing but politics as usual to demonize.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's ALL political! We have a President and members of BOTH PARTIES in Congress that just refuse to cut spending. There would not be all the NON-SANDY $$$$$$$$$ in that Bill if those people were serious about helping the people who are actually IN NEED! So what do they do? They put all that other spending crap in the Bill--hundreds of millions of dollars of crap that has nothing to do with Sandy-- and then they INSIST that everyone vote for it or else they will be demonized for not helping Sandy victims.

There is no excuse for all this fiscal cliff BS. A budget, within our country's means, should be passed annually by our Congress and signed by our President.

2seaoat

They put all that other spending crap in the Bill--hundreds of millions of dollars of crap that has nothing to do with Sandy-- and then they INSIST that everyone vote for it or else they will be demonized for not helping Sandy victims.

That is fair...if it is crap, you amend and send it back to the senate. Are you telling me that out of 200 some congressmen and women and probably a thousand staff nobody could have drafted an amendment which the house could have passed taking out what they believed was non essential spending? Harry Reid kept the senate on call just in case of an amendment on the cliff.....this was mean spirited and hurtful to victims.....more importantly it sent a clear regional message.....it was received.....and now next year as we approach hurricane season.....well......

2seaoat wrote:you are not anything like a republican. im a lesbian and im more republican than you.

I was a Republican when most of these crazies were Dixiecrat Democrats....they have in mass decided to join the Republican Party, and in the process convert the Republican Party into the mess it is today.....a party dominated in the primaries by certifiable crazies.......and no disrespect meant....but you most certainly are more republican than me with the collection of crazies who have hijacked my party......and the sad thing is......that America will suffer because without a smart Republican Party the Democratic Party will go untethered and America will suffer for a decade the growing civil war within the Republican Party between traditional Republicans and sound policies of fiscal conservatism and the dogma which passes for Republican values today, where the result is that Americans are suffering from a disaster, and now these hard core crazies want to start a discussion of disaster reform on their backs?

Again, youre getting to be just like WTM. a whole lot of type and very little substance.

Whatever you think you were, you certainly are not it any longer. NO FISCALLY responsible conservative would dare pass a bill laden with the pork thats in it such as this one.

And if you were a republican that would do such a thing, then count yourself into the bunch of asswipes that got in bed with the lefties and screwed us all over as a nation.

This bill has billions of $$$$ in it for further weather modification Oops I mean research, yes weather reasearch. And it has a ton of other SHIT in it.

I'll tell you like I already said here. FEMA has not run out of money yet. They are doing a shitty job at what they are supposed to do. Not a word from people on it. Just blame the republicans. Its become a god damn joke at what a well paid media will buy you. It bought a dictatorship. A one party rule. That should be right up your ally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum