Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Romey sending supplies and relief to potential Sandy victims

+6
PBulldog2
no stress
knothead
Nekochan
2seaoat
stormwatch89
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The Romney campaign is reportedly using at least one of its campaign buses to provide supplies and relief for those who are likely to be hit by Hurricane Sandy in the coming days.

Having canceled campaign events in the area, Romney spokespeople are saying the bus will be used to transport donations of basic supplies to those in need.

“Bring donations to VA Victory offices. Romney bus will deliver them to those affected by #Sandy. #RomneyRyan2012,” Curt Cashour, Romney’s Virginia communications director, tweeted.
ABC’s Emily Friedman added: “Romney campaign will load storm relief supplies into Romney bus in Arlington Va today an will collect supplies at all VA victory offices.”

Conservative-leaning sites are describing the move as a “true example of leadership,” though the more politically cynical could interpret the move as a shrewd campaign strategy to shake off Romney’s “elitist” image.

Twitchy, which helped publicize the story by aggregating tweets on the subject, concluded: “Kudos, Team Romney, for stepping up immediately to try to aid those in harm’s way.”

President Obama has also promised to help those affected by the storm, saying the federal government will not get “bogged down” by “rules” and “red tape” in providing local officials everything they need to manage the crisis.

stormwatch89 wrote:

President Obama has also promised to help those affected by the storm, saying the federal government will not get “bogged down” by “rules” and “red tape” in providing local officials everything they need to manage the crisis.

Hopefully it will work better than the BP spill fiasco. Talk about red tape and bogus rules....

nochain wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Hopefully it will work better than the BP spill fiasco. Talk about red tape and bogus rules....

IF....an area is going to be hit from a storm...an election right around the corner will certainly cut through red tape...

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

IF....an area is going to be hit from a storm...an election right around the corner will certainly cut through red tape...

I'm sure Obama will gladly spend our tax dollars on this in order to look good.

2seaoat

I'm sure Obama will gladly spend our tax dollars on this in order to look good.

Well isn't that special.......so next time when a cat 4 hits Pensacola Beach and folks who decided to own property on a barrier islands(I was also foolish once) can await for Mitten the Kitten to send a bus to help them, and because they have great integrity and would not accept FEMA help and government tax dollars........they will decline government help, and hop on the bus abandoning their investment on a barrier island.....and they will never rebuild on such a risky place........hey, I think you have something here.......its called a solution.

One free bite of the apple. Every tax parcel in America is given a lifetime allowance of insurance payouts. The first natural disaster only allows a 50% loan on value, the next catastrophic event, half again or 25%, the next event half again or 12% of current damage. When anybody goes to buy a property in America, they simply look at what the allocation of FEMA benefits paid to date, and they have to supplement their coverage with private high risk insurance pools.

For somebody who has benefited from the public dole after your property on Pensacola Beach was damaged.....you sure have a cynical view about other people getting taxpayer dollars.....I think there is a word for that......

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh, don't be so hateful, Seaoat.

By the way, the newest polling from Ohio shows Romney being 2 points ahead of Obama.

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

Ohio..

Romney 50%
Obama 48%

knothead

knothead

Actually, the RCP average shows Obama up +2.5 making it a toss up.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:I'm sure Obama will gladly spend our tax dollars on this in order to look good.

Well isn't that special.......so next time when a cat 4 hits Pensacola Beach and folks who decided to own property on a barrier islands(I was also foolish once) can await for Mitten the Kitten to send a bus to help them, and because they have great integrity and would not accept FEMA help and government tax dollars........they will decline government help, and hop on the bus abandoning their investment on a barrier island.....and they will never rebuild on such a risky place........hey, I think you have something here.......its called a solution.

One free bite of the apple. Every tax parcel in America is given a lifetime allowance of insurance payouts. The first natural disaster only allows a 50% loan on value, the next catastrophic event, half again or 25%, the next event half again or 12% of current damage. When anybody goes to buy a property in America, they simply look at what the allocation of FEMA benefits paid to date, and they have to supplement their coverage with private high risk insurance pools.

For somebody who has benefited from the public dole after your property on Pensacola Beach was damaged.....you sure have a cynical view about other people getting taxpayer dollars.....I think there is a word for that......

Oh shut up, SO. I purchase all insurances available and have never taken one damn ice cube or any other handout despite losing 3 homes, only 2 of which were on the beach.

2seaoat

Oh, don't be so hateful, Seaoat.

There is nothing hateful about my post. It is a reaction to folks who complain about paying taxes on the beach, who accept FEMA money after Ivan, and then have the nerve to imply that FEMA benefits are given as political quid pro quo.......who exactly had the hateful post.....it certainly was not me.....I simply once again showed the incredible hypocrisy of some who take government benefits, who do not want to pay basic real estate taxes which support our schools, roads, police forces, social services, bridges, and protection of our environment......but one thing is for sure....Romney and other 1% folks can help Stormy out with the next hurricane, and because of her consistent belief that she should not have to pay taxes, and other people who are accepting government help are morally bad people and the reason this nation is up to our neck in debt......yep....somebody has posted some pretty hateful stuff over the years....and it certainly is not me.....I just try to bring some truth to discussions which often are incredibly narcissistic and patronizing....when real Americans are suffering.....some are worrying about giving the wealthy in this country additional tax cuts.....and I am the one who is hateful?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:Oh, don't be so hateful, Seaoat.

There is nothing hateful about my post. It is a reaction to folks who complain about paying taxes on the beach, who accept FEMA money after Ivan, and then have the nerve to imply that FEMA benefits are given as political quid pro quo.......who exactly had the hateful post.....it certainly was not me.....I simply once again showed the incredible hypocrisy of some who take government benefits, who do not want to pay basic real estate taxes which support our schools, roads, police forces, social services, bridges, and protection of our environment......but one thing is for sure....Romney and other 1% folks can help Stormy out with the next hurricane, and because of her consistent belief that she should not have to pay taxes, and other people who are accepting government help are morally bad people and the reason this nation is up to our neck in debt......yep....somebody has posted some pretty hateful stuff over the years....and it certainly is not me.....I just try to bring some truth to discussions which often are incredibly narcissistic and patronizing....when real Americans are suffering.....some are worrying about giving the wealthy in this country additional tax cuts.....and I am the one who is hateful?

We have been over this argument so many times, I won't gratify you by going into it again. Suffice it is to say that I do NOT object to property taxes and certainly pay my share.

The beach issue was entirely different and my objection there was the same as many who were affected by a "bait and switch" at best.

I pay my way and all but flood coverage is through private insurers., not even Citizens Anyone who elects not to take flood coverage has that choice, but it is all that is available. Period.

Repeat: I have not taken FEMA money.

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:Actually, the RCP average shows Obama up +2.5 making it a toss up.

In 2008, Pew and Rasmussen were the most accurate.
The latest poll--from Rasmussen--has Romney up 2. It's a dead heat, according to all the recent polling, but if Rasmussen is right, Romney now has the edge.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Oh, don't be so hateful, Seaoat.

Yes, it most certainly was a hateful and personal attack.

2seaoat

Oh shut up, SO. I purchase all insurances available and have never taken one damn ice cube or any other handout despite losing 3 homes, only 2 of which were on the beach.

Oh so FEMA never benefited you......incredible......The beach gets new sand.....who pays......the roads get repaired.....who pays.......the landscaping gets replaced.....who pays........

Nope.....not one benefit from FEMA because you choose to invest on a barrier island and the rest of America subsidizes you for millions of dollars, and you portray yourself as a independent productive American who is not on the public dole......nonsense. Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach would simply dry up if the Federal Government did the right thing and said that all damages to a barrier island would have to be covered by private insurance.....which you seem to try to argue now.....complete nonsense as we continually pour societal resources down the rabbit hole for your poor choices. Neko is saying I am being hateful.....nope, I am tired of the myopic view which makes a family which has lost their job in Freeport Illinois because Bain has made a 300 million dollar profit taking their jobs....and when they go on unemployment they are takers....the 47%, and you are a giver.....owning property on the beach.....taking hundreds of millions of dollars to keep your investment viable......and you tell me to shut up.....yep.......I am being hateful.......some people need to look into the mirror......and take a very long look.

no stress

no stress

knothead wrote:Actually, the RCP average shows Obama up +2.5 making it a toss up.

Uh...wrong

General Election: Romney vs. Obama

RCP Electoral Map | Changes in Electoral Count | Map With No Toss Ups | No Toss Up Changes

Polling Data

Poll

Date

Sample

MoE

Romney (R)

Obama (D)

Spread

RCP Average

10/17 - 10/28

--

--

Romney +0.9

ABC News/Wash Post

10/24 - 10/27

1278 LV

Romney +1

Politico/GWU/Battleground

10/22 - 10/25

1000 LV

Obama +1

Rasmussen Reports

10/26 - 10/28

1500 LV

Romney +2

IBD/TIPP

10/22 - 10/27

930 LV

Obama +1

Gallup

10/21 - 10/27

2700 LV

Romney +4

Associated Press/GfK

10/19 - 10/23

839 LV

Romney +2

Monmouth/SurveyUSA/Braun

10/18 - 10/21

1402 LV

Romney +3

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl

10/17 - 10/20

816 LV

Tie

CBS News

10/17 - 10/20

790 LV

Obama +2

All General Election: Romney vs. Obama Polling Data

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:Oh shut up, SO. I purchase all insurances available and have never taken one damn ice cube or any other handout despite losing 3 homes, only 2 of which were on the beach.

Oh so FEMA never benefited you......incredible......The beach gets new sand.....who pays......the roads get repaired.....who pays.......the landscaping gets replaced.....who pays........

Nope.....not one benefit from FEMA because you choose to invest on a barrier island and the rest of America subsidizes you for millions of dollars, and you portray yourself as a independent productive American who is not on the public dole......nonsense. Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach would simply dry up if the Federal Government did the right thing and said that all damages to a barrier island would have to be covered by private insurance.....which you seem to try to argue now.....complete nonsense as we continually pour societal resources down the rabbit hole for your poor choices. Neko is saying I am being hateful.....nope, I am tired of the myopic view which makes a family which has lost their job in Freeport Illinois because Bain has made a 300 million dollar profit taking their jobs....and when they go on unemployment they are takers....the 47%, and you are a giver.....owning property on the beach.....taking hundreds of millions of dollars to keep your investment viable......and you tell me to shut up.....yep.......I am being hateful.......some people need to look into the mirror......and take a very long look.

I don't own anything on the beach, SO.

2seaoat

Repeat: I have not taken FEMA money.

You most certainly have taken FEMA money. Do you think that road that got repaired after Opal, Ivan, and Dennis was paid with your local tax dollars which by golly....now that I think about.....I forgot.....you were not paying taxes? Nope almost 70% of the repeated storm damage to the barrier island is being borne by the American taxpayers to subsidize folks who made the choice to purchase on a barrier island. So as not to be a complete hypocrite, I admit I owned on Navarre Beach. I received subsidy when our beach was replenished with close to half of federal dollars, the road was repaired with even more federal dollars, and our pier was replaced with federal dollars......but I would never be such a hypocrite to say I have never benefited from a federal handout.......sorry, if you own on the beach....the rest of America is pouring our tax dollars down the rabbit hole of continuing liability for America because some folks think it is a right to have their roads continually paid for by somebody living in Nebraska....and then the audacity to say I have never accepted a FEMA dollar.....I guess I forgot the arrogance of living on the beach.....the entitlement mentality.....but again.....I must be hateful......you know that family who has 30 years working and producing goods making America a better place....those folks where Bain outsources those jobs and steals America....and Mr. Romney wants to cut their taxes completely and reward them.....they to will argue that they have never taken a dime from America....that they are the "job creators".......and in the end it is a simple moral choice......and if it is hateful to point to hypocrisy and selfishness....then we have a different understanding of English.

knothead

knothead

[quote="Nekochan"]

The latest poll--from Rasmussen--has Romney up 2. It's a dead heat, according to all the recent polling, but if Rasmussen is right, Romney now has the edge.

According to Rasmussen and Pew Mitten has a 2.0 edge, but the RCP AVERAGE of all combined polls show Obama up +2.5. You are stuck on the two you prefer, I am citing the average of many professional polling entities.

Nekochan

Nekochan

stormwatch89 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Oh shut up, SO. I purchase all insurances available and have never taken one damn ice cube or any other handout despite losing 3 homes, only 2 of which were on the beach.

SO likes making assumptions about people. Maybe he's the one who should look in the mirror. I wish SO all the best and I think he's a good man, but this election has brought out a hateful side of him.

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="knothead"]
Nekochan wrote:

According to Rasmussen and Pew Mitten has a 2.0 edge, but the RCP AVERAGE of all combined polls show Obama up +2.5. You are stuck on the two you prefer, I am citing the average of many professional polling entities.

No, I am stating the 2 polls which have a history of being most accurate. I guess if I have a preference for accuracy--then you're right!

Most accurate polling in 2008:
http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2008/11/the-list-which-presidential-polls-were-most-accurate/

1T. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**

1T. Pew (10/29-11/1)**

3. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)

4. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)

5. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*

6T. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*

6T. ARG (10/25-27)*

8T. CNN (10/30-11/1)

8T. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)

10. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)

11. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)

12. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)

13. FOX (11/1-2)

14. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)

15. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)

16. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)

17. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)

18. Marist College (11/3)

19. CBS (10/31-11/2)

20. Gallup (10/31-11/2)

21. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)

22. CBS/Times (10/25-29)

23. Newsweek (10/22-23)

Last edited by Nekochan on 10/29/2012, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Nekochan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

SO likes making assumptions about people. Maybe he's the one who should look in the mirror. I wish SO all the best and I think he's a good man, but this election has brought out a hateful side of him.

Agreed.

2seaoat

Well actually you do. I tried for years to simply convey the concept of "equitable title" to you but you refused to even entertain well established laws of property which were confirmed by the courts, and oh.......by the way.....I believe the Florida Supreme Court agrees with me.....you own equitable title on the beach.....and lo and behold after being told that I am a fool for eight years by folks with equitable ownership that they should pay local real estate taxes.....I was vindicated......was I being hateful on that issue too? No, life is a series of moral choices.......some make choices and then try to complain that the rules change and they have no responsibility to support our children's education, to pay for bridges, to pay for roads......nope you fail to understand that the United States is not perfect, and yes there are freeloaders in every kind and form......but please do a little self examination before you so readily attack Americans who have been devastated by economic policies which help a few.....benefit a few.......and have over the last 40 years slowly destroyed the American middle class......so I am sure you do not think you own on the beach, but I am not a patient teacher.....I can lead somebody to the water.....but I cannot teach simple concepts to those who refuse to drink.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Repeat: I have not taken FEMA money.

You most certainly have taken FEMA money. Do you think that road that got repaired after Opal, Ivan, and Dennis was paid with your local tax dollars which by golly....now that I think about.....I forgot.....you were not paying taxes? Nope almost 70% of the repeated storm damage to the barrier island is being borne by the American taxpayers to subsidize folks who made the choice to purchase on a barrier island. So as not to be a complete hypocrite, I admit I owned on Navarre Beach. I received subsidy when our beach was replenished with close to half of federal dollars, the road was repaired with even more federal dollars, and our pier was replaced with federal dollars......but I would never be such a hypocrite to say I have never benefited from a federal handout.......sorry, if you own on the beach....the rest of America is pouring our tax dollars down the rabbit hole of continuing liability for America because some folks think it is a right to have their roads continually paid for by somebody living in Nebraska....and then the audacity to say I have never accepted a FEMA dollar.....I guess I forgot the arrogance of living on the beach.....the entitlement mentality.....but again.....I must be hateful......you know that family who has 30 years working and producing goods making America a better place....those folks where Bain outsources those jobs and steals America....and Mr. Romney wants to cut their taxes completely and reward them.....they to will argue that they have never taken a dime from America....that they are the "job creators".......and in the end it is a simple moral choice......and if it is hateful to point to hypocrisy and selfishness....then we have a different understanding of English.

seaoat, I understand your point but it is misguided to argue that investment on Florida's coastline is money down a rabbit hole. Escambia County receives a tremendous revenue stream from the very existence of PB. Was it wise to develop on barrier islands? Using hindsight probably not but if contract law has any meaning to the courts, they will ultimately make that decision as arguments before the Florida Supremes is scheduled for Nov. 6th, if a contract has meaning the residents will not be forced to pay something not originally agreed to. We can apply the same argument across the nation as to some of the really odd things FEMA will fund, beginning with the Gulf Breeze fishing pier that was falling down yet they received 2.3M and then allowed to divide that up into 10 separate capital projects. Creativity I suppose.

knothead

knothead

[quote="Nekochan"][quote="knothead"]
Nekochan wrote:

No, I am stating the 2 polls which have a history of being most accurate. I guess if I have a preference for accuracy--then you're right!

Most accurate polling in 2008:
http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2008/11/the-list-which-presidential-polls-were-most-accurate/

They are all playing pin the tail on the donkey, the RCP AVERAGE is Obama +1.9! It's a toss up.

Last edited by knothead on 10/29/2012, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:I don't own anything on the beach, SO.

Well actually you do. I tried for years to simply convey the concept of "equitable title" to you but you refused to even entertain well established laws of property which were confirmed by the courts, and oh.......by the way.....I believe the Florida Supreme Court agrees with me.....you own equitable title on the beach.....and lo and behold after being told that I am a fool for eight years by folks with equitable ownership that they should pay local real estate taxes.....I was vindicated......was I being hateful on that issue too? No, life is a series of moral choices.......some make choices and then try to complain that the rules change and they have no responsibility to support our children's education, to pay for bridges, to pay for roads......nope you fail to understand that the United States is not perfect, and yes there are freeloaders in every kind and form......but please do a little self examination before you so readily attack Americans who have been devastated by economic policies which help a few.....benefit a few.......and have over the last 40 years slowly destroyed the American middle class......so I am sure you do not think you own on the beach, but I am not a patient teacher.....I can lead somebody to the water.....but I cannot teach simple concepts to those who refuse to drink.

As I said, I will not discuss this with you further. You are not my teacher regardless of how superior you feel.

My conscience is completely clear and I know my personal numbers where you do not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum