Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Austerity!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Austerity!! Empty Austerity!! 12/5/2012, 3:53 pm

Sal

Sal

The Pentagon got $17 billion more than it asked for.

Merry Christmas, baby ...

The US Senate unanimously passed the Pentagon's 2013 budget, despite a political impasse over debt reduction that could see huge cuts to military spending next year.

After months of negotiations, lawmakers voted 98-0 to approve the $631 billion National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013, which began on October 1.

Obama had sought $614 billion, of which $89 billion would go to the war in Afghanistan.

But the Senate hiked the total figure by $17 billion, even as lawmakers and the president grapple with how to avoid hundreds of billions of dollars in automatic spending cuts that kick in next month if no deficit reduction deal is reached.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-2013-ndaa-defense-bill-was-approved-2012-12#ixzz2ED1Ql1Cc

2Austerity!! Empty Re: Austerity!! 12/5/2012, 6:38 pm

its not passed. dont expect it to be either. it restricts obamas power to detain US nationals by way of the military. He wont allow any power to be removed from him.

Tuesday's legislation saw more than 140 amendments added to the bill, including a ban on the US government detaining American citizens or US permanent residents without charge, and tough new economic sanctions on Iran aimed at stalling the Islamic republic's nuclear program.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-2013-ndaa-defense-bill-was-approved-2012-12#ixzz2EDh2DuzX

That part in red is what so many have been upset about.

3Austerity!! Empty Re: Austerity!! 12/8/2012, 10:59 pm

2seaoat

87 billion for Afghanastan.......

4Austerity!! Empty Re: Austerity!! 12/9/2012, 1:00 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

80 billion a year and climbing in food stamps. Add in welfare, section 8 housing...................No wonder we're broke.

5Austerity!! Empty Re: Austerity!! 12/9/2012, 1:25 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Being of sound mind I hereby voluntarily leave the middle class before I am thrown out of it..... Sad

6Austerity!! Empty Re: Austerity!! 12/9/2012, 1:44 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Being of sound mind I hereby voluntarily leave the middle class before I am thrown out of it..... Sad

Nah. There are lower,middle and upper middle classes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum